Conquer Club

Pearl Harbor: Twist or Stick?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Pearl Harbor map - which would you prefer?

Total votes : 0

Re: Pearl Harbor: Twist or Stick?

Postby -Maximus- on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:59 am

Do we not remember what happened at Pearl Harbor? :(

Lets keep it true with the old map.
If you wrong me I will hunt you down and destroy you.
Major -Maximus-

Postby AtreidesHouse on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Woo Hoo! Back up! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
And that day dawned when Arrakis lay at the hub of the universe with the wheel poised to spin

Winner of Mario and Sonic Tournament
Winner of A Quick KO Tournament
Private 1st Class AtreidesHouse

Postby MrBenn on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 pm

AtreidesHouse wrote:Woo Hoo! Back up! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I was about to post something similar ;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Robinette on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:26 pm

MrBenn wrote:
AtreidesHouse wrote:Woo Hoo! Back up! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I was about to post something similar ;-)

I don't understand...

do you mean to say that the original gameplay is back?

that would be cool... i didn't discover this map till after it was changed, i've really been wanting to try the original version with more focus on the planes...

it's all part of my WILD experimentation into some unconventional games... aka: non classic ;)
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Vace Cooper on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm

just lost a match on the drop on pearl harbor. i was under the impression that it was fixed. kind of sucks when your opponents drop bonuses that give them 15 and 12 troops on there initial turns and you and your partner drop to receive 4 each. no way you can come back from that. done with the map.
owen is a sexy mother f***er
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Postby MrBenn on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Vace Cooper wrote:just lost a match on the drop on pearl harbor. i was under the impression that it was fixed. kind of sucks when your opponents drop bonuses that give them 15 and 12 troops on there initial turns and you and your partner drop to receive 4 each. no way you can come back from that. done with the map.

The gameplay of the map was amended to provide a more balanced drop, and after a lot of debate and criticism about how the amended version of the map played, the decision to revert to the original version was made after consultation with the members of CC at large (including this thread, a headlined poll, ongoing discussion in the map development thread, PM / IM / Live Chat conversations).

I am totally in agreement that imbalanced drops suck, but apparently it's what people wanted. Ours not to reason why, I guess...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby alster on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:11 am

MrBenn wrote:I am totally in agreement that imbalanced drops suck, but apparently it's what people wanted. Ours not to reason why, I guess...

Well - now when it's back. Jez. I changed my mind :D

Just lost a few quads (of all things) on the drop. It's really imbalanced with the plane bonus.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby nippersean on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:23 pm

MrBenn wrote:
Vace Cooper wrote:just lost a match on the drop on pearl harbor. i was under the impression that it was fixed. kind of sucks when your opponents drop bonuses that give them 15 and 12 troops on there initial turns and you and your partner drop to receive 4 each. no way you can come back from that. done with the map.

The gameplay of the map was amended to provide a more balanced drop, and after a lot of debate and criticism about how the amended version of the map played, the decision to revert to the original version was made after consultation with the members of CC at large (including this thread, a headlined poll, ongoing discussion in the map development thread, PM / IM / Live Chat conversations).

I am totally in agreement that imbalanced drops suck, but apparently it's what people wanted. Ours not to reason why, I guess...

Well actually Mr Benn, it was not, a more balanced solution was suggested - pls check the thread
Brigadier nippersean

Postby jefjef on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:39 pm

The plane bonuses are too high. +3 for any two on dropable terts. That should only be worth 1.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion