Conquer Club

How to Install Clickable Maps For Speed [Tutorial]

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

How to Install Clickable Maps For Speed [Tutorial]

Postby ljex on Sun May 09, 2010 1:10 am

How To Install Clickable Maps, by ljex(making the guide) and iamkoolerthanu(allowing for it to be posted online)

In order for clickable maps to work you must first have Firefox installed. The link for this is here.

After you have installed Firefox you will need to install greasemonkey. The link for this is here.

Now that you have all this you are ready to install a variety of different scripts to enhance your conquer club experience. However this is only dedicated to installing Clickable Maps.

In order to install clickable maps, click on this link and then click install. You now have clickable maps.

However there are many things you need to do to utilize clickable maps to their fullest potential. What you need to do now is go into any active game you have. Once in the game look for the clickable maps menu on the left side of the screen(Boxed in red)
Now hover over the Appearance tab and when there change it to these settings. This will make them a little more complicated to use at first but it as good long term benefits.
Next you need to hover over the conformations tab and change them all to N (no) this will allow you to be faster in making moves. At first you may make a few mistakes but give it a few games and you will be much better off without the conformations.
After you have completed this there is one more thing you need to change (In my opinion) I don’t use the mouse scroll to change troop amounts as it is not useful in my eyes and causes enough mistakes that it is not worth it those few times you need to use the feature.
Now you have successfully installed and set up clickable maps. There are a few things you still need to know however to get the most out of clickable maps. These are the hotkeys that come with clickable maps.

B= Begin Turn
E= Phase End so e causes you to end assaults and then e again causes you to end reinforcements
Alt= auto advance, once an attack is won you will automatically advance all of your troops
R= Refresh

Deployment Phase

Right Click– Deploy Selected (what has been selected in the dropdown menu this will start at all available troops to deploy)
Left Click– Deploy 1 troop
Assaults Phase
Right Click– Auto Assault
Left Click– Single Assault
Reinforcements Phase
Right Click– Reinforce (after you have clicked on a region right click on the region you want to fort too)
Left Click– Select Region (left click the region you want to fort away from)

This is everything I could think of, there may be stuff I left out or a place where I skipped a step. Please feel free to PM/Wall ljex with any questions you may have or something you wish I had included in this tutorial. It is also suggested that you read the User Guide(located here) as this will explain everything in more detail and may explain things I left out.
Major ljex

Re: How to Install Clickable Maps For Speed

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun May 09, 2010 2:25 am

Nice, I was getting curious what your big secret to installing it was, you could've said you just change the settings :P

Still good for new clicky players, the only thing different I do is keep the mouse scroll on and the floating army counter on (they kind of go together). I'm usually careful, so a little slower with my mouse scroll thing, but I still think it's better than the drop down list
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby ljex on Sun May 09, 2010 2:41 am

jrh_cardinal wrote:Nice, I was getting curious what your big secret to installing it was, you could've said you just change the settings :P

Still good for new clicky players, the only thing different I do is keep the mouse scroll on and the floating army counter on (they kind of go together). I'm usually careful, so a little slower with my mouse scroll thing, but I still think it's better than the drop down list

No big secret just thins a lot of newer players dont know that you can become faster with clickies if you change the settings. The reason i need to email it was because i cant post pictures on cc as photobucket doesn't work for me and it doesn't really make sense without the pictures.

Also i dont like the scroll feature as it isn't that hard to use drop-down or just deploy 1 many times. Also it causes more mistakes than are worth it for the little benefit it causes. that could be because i have never used it but we all have our preferences
Major ljex

Postby KoE_Sirius on Sun May 09, 2010 4:37 am

Excelllent.Thats exactly how I set mine,ljex.
I also close all the background programs and never ever install BOB.I did that once and it killed what little speed I have.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Re: How to Install Clickable Maps For Speed [Tutorial]

Postby swennis on Mon May 17, 2010 5:31 pm

when I click on the link it just pulls up the script what do I do?
Cook swennis

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon May 17, 2010 11:03 pm

swennis wrote:when I click on the link it just pulls up the script what do I do?

Do you have greasemonkey installed?
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby lokisgal on Wed May 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Just curious if these shortcuts work on a mac as well

B= Begin Turn
E= Phase End so e causes you to end assaults and then e again causes you to end reinforcements
Alt= auto advance, once an attack is won you will automatically advance all of your troops
R= Refresh

any mac users out there who know?
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bruceswar on Thu May 20, 2010 12:05 am

lokisgal wrote:Just curious if these shortcuts work on a mac as well

B= Begin Turn
R= Refresh

any mac users out there who know?

I assume they do. Test it out on a casual game if you like. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby AAFitz on Thu May 20, 2010 5:29 am

Interesting, I will have to try this. I would suggest new people to clickies may want the crosshairs in practicing to get quick before elmininating, and to practice on every game that doesnt matter first.

I wouldnt have thought the crosshairs etc took too much time, but it makes sense that they would
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Monsterblood on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:32 pm

I don't think this works on old version of moz firefox or have i missed something?
Sergeant 1st Class Monsterblood

Postby Yeoha on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:44 pm

I must admit, I was a bit skeptical about installing something for an online game that required no downloads officially, but this tool has already proven to be quite useful and I've only used it for one game!

It may have even ended up to be a loss without it. Thanks for all the hard work that you put into developing this.
Captain Yeoha

Postby ljex on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Monsterblood wrote:I don't think this works on old version of moz firefox or have i missed something?

It probably doesn't but i will update the links later today for the newer versions of everything
Major ljex

Postby KingUncles on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:08 am

Is there a chance of this coming on on Internet explorer or opera?
Sergeant 1st Class KingUncles

Postby Dako on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:35 am

Very small chance I guess.
Colonel Dako

Postby sherkaner on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:13 pm

KingUncles wrote:Is there a chance of this coming on on Internet explorer or opera?

Hmm, I'll check whether it works on Opera. IE: not likely, or maybe IE9 if it gets a similar functionality.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby KingUncles on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:22 am

Okay thanks
Sergeant 1st Class KingUncles

Postby sherkaner on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:14 pm

sherkaner wrote:
KingUncles wrote:Is there a chance of this coming on on Internet explorer or opera?

Hmm, I'll check whether it works on Opera. IE: not likely, or maybe IE9 if it gets a similar functionality.

Ok, both CM and BOB had an issue with Opera, but they were easy fixes so I just updated the scripts.
See this link for setting up opera: http://my.opera.com/Contrid/blog/2007/0 ... y-in-opera
You can just use the standard scripts from userscripts.
Didn't check everything btw, but the basics work.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Chuuuuck on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:40 pm

A couple of issues you all may be able to solve.

When I click to change my settings. The drop down pops up and then when I try to move my mouse to the drop down the settings go away. Hence, it won't let me change my settings. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem? I have had clickies for a long time and have changed my settings before, but now it won't let me!

Also, I did not know about the alt trick. Do I just hold down alt while making the attack and it auto advances?
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby sherkaner on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:A couple of issues you all may be able to solve.

When I click to change my settings. The drop down pops up and then when I try to move my mouse to the drop down the settings go away. Hence, it won't let me change my settings. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem? I have had clickies for a long time and have changed my settings before, but now it won't let me!

Also, I did not know about the alt trick. Do I just hold down alt while making the attack and it auto advances?

Hmm, that's the incompability I changed to get it to work with opera.. Did you install in the last 45 minutes (don't have the issue btw)?

And the alt-trick only works in combination with a click on the map indicating an auto-assault, so either a right-click or left-click with shift pressed.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ljex on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Chuuuuck wrote:A couple of issues you all may be able to solve.

Yeah just hold alt for auto advances but know that if your last attack fails the next attack you make will automatically auto advance, unless they fixed that bug.

Also i think it might be best to describe your problems with changing settings in the actual clickable maps thread, im sure that will get checked both faster and more frequently than this one

viewtopic.php?f=527&t=104488
Major ljex

Postby pie12345 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:04 pm

when i click atl it dosent advance
Sergeant pie12345

Postby Dako on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:41 pm

You need to hold it during the attack action.
Colonel Dako

Postby thebest712 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:44 am

maybe you should change the title, some people think its only for speedgames :P
Major thebest712

Postby Beckytheblondie on Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:11 am

swennis wrote:when I click on the link it just pulls up the script what do I do?

This happens to me, too, when I try to install on my home computer. Even though I am using the most updated firefox, greasemonkey and wearing a tu-tu. What gives? Can anyone help troubleshoot this problem? No pop-up window opens when I click "Install".
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby ender516 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Is it possible your security software is blocking the site hosting the scripts, or at least preventing it from running active elements?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Next

Return to Tool Archives