Conquer Club

[GC] [Foe] Notification of Ignore On Entering Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Which would be the best option for this?

Have the game be unjoinable/not be able to see it.
17%
Have a page load that tells you are joining a game with a foe, and if you wish to continue.
54%
Have it so a symbol is placed beside a Foe.
28%

Total votes : 46

Re: Foe list enhancements for a better CC site experience.

Postby army of nobunaga on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:35 pm

to be fair guys.. This one is probably not going to happen. The difficulty in changing the ignore code is in my opinion monumental. And If its not that difficult, then I really have no idea how it would be done.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:16 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:to be fair guys.. This one is probably not going to happen. The difficulty in changing the ignore code is in my opinion monumental.

I disagree entirely. In my view, it's actually a very simple fix.

That being said, it's already been accepted and put in the pending list. Almost four years ago. Yes...that's right...four years ago.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby army of nobunaga on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Woodruff wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:to be fair guys.. This one is probably not going to happen. The difficulty in changing the ignore code is in my opinion monumental.

I disagree entirely. In my view, it's actually a very simple fix.

That being said, it's already been accepted and put in the pending list. Almost four years ago. Yes...that's right...four years ago.

I had a website with canned php forum script.. just like this site. I dont even know how you would begin. I dont think its as easy as you think.

This game is tied into the forum.

that being said, if it was approved that long ago and nevr done, well... I think I have a thread somewhere in this area about why we bother.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Re: Notification of Ignore On Entering Game *Pending*

Postby Woodruff on Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 pm

a
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed May 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Gonna sticky this.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby alex951 on Wed May 12, 2010 10:45 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Gonna sticky this.

what about the clan leader power thread. does that have enough support yet?
Corporal alex951

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu May 13, 2010 2:01 pm

alex, i actually fully support the idea, but i am not sure Lack could do much until phpBB makes this possible (I actually have no clue what i said, but i was just trying to re-create what Andy said)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby alex951 on Thu May 13, 2010 3:22 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Alex, i actually fully support the idea, but i am not sure Lack could do much until phpBB makes this possible (I actually have no clue what i said, but i was just trying to re-create what Andy said)

LOL understandable ugh again with the A ;)
Corporal alex951

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu May 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Happy now? maybe i should just address you as 951 :P
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed May 19, 2010 7:27 am

Well, i Merged an older thread in here.

If no support is gathered, i will be unstickying this
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ljex on Sat May 22, 2010 11:03 pm

This would be a useful upgrade
Major ljex

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 23, 2010 10:41 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Well, i Merged an older thread in here.

If no support is gathered, i will be unstickying this

No support? We've got like 11 pages of support here.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun May 23, 2010 5:30 pm

Well, details still need to be worked out. Lack has said he doesn't like pop-ups on his site. So what about hiding the game? Well what happens when you get invited to a game with a foe on your list? Will it be hidden? and won't that cause confusion? More details need to be banged out.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Caymanmew on Sun May 23, 2010 5:36 pm

this need to be done i had a team mate in a doubles game that had me foed and did not know took like 4 min to tell him
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 23, 2010 7:02 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Well, details still need to be worked out. Lack has said he doesn't like pop-ups on his site. So what about hiding the game? Well what happens when you get invited to a game with a foe on your list? Will it be hidden? and won't that cause confusion? More details need to be banged out.

A pop-up isn't necessary...it's just the easiest way to handle it. If he doesn't want a popup, then he can code it to go to a page that states the same thing (something along the lines of "You are attempting to enter a game with <insert name>, who is on your foe list. Do you want to still enter the game?". I think that would be a bit more coding on his part, but that's his call...it's still extremely simple to do.

Re:

Postby tims_girl_ashley on Wed May 26, 2010 1:05 pm

stocksr wrote:How about just putting the IGNORED in BIG BLACK LETTERS next the the persons name in the list.

i like this idea
Cook tims_girl_ashley

Postby ender516 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:45 am

Woodruff wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Well, details still need to be worked out. Lack has said he doesn't like pop-ups on his site. So what about hiding the game? Well what happens when you get invited to a game with a foe on your list? Will it be hidden? and won't that cause confusion? More details need to be banged out.

A pop-up isn't necessary...it's just the easiest way to handle it. If he doesn't want a popup, then he can code it to go to a page that states the same thing (something along the lines of "You are attempting to enter a game with <insert name>, who is on your foe list. Do you want to still enter the game?". I think that would be a bit more coding on his part, but that's his call...it's still extremely simple to do.

Yes, it could be an intermediate page like the one that whines at you about creating a game with the same settings as one which is already waiting for players.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:39 pm

if your foe list is so large that you can't recognize people on it when joining games, maybe the problem lies with you and not the site... just a thought... go in peace my children...-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:10 am

owenshooter wrote:if your foe list is so large that you can't recognize people on it when joining games, maybe the problem lies with you and not the site... just a thought... go in peace my children...-the black jesus

A poor, ignorant thought, yes.

But it appears that despite the tremendous amount of support this has had, despite there being absolutely no down-side to it at all, and despite having been on the To Do list for ALMOST FOUR YEARS, it's going to die. How pathetic.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 am

I like the idea, i do. But we need to come down with a definite suggestion. And since i sticky'd this 2 months ago, only a handful of people have commented
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ender516 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:46 am

I dare say the lack of comment might come from the ennui created by the fact this topic celebrates its 4th anniversary tomorrow.

The "lackattack doesn't like popups" argument doesn't hold much water. I get a popup when I receive a new PM, and I'm fine with that. Of course, that popup is not preventing me from doing anything else in the site.

If having a popup is still a problem, why not have an intermediate page like the one we hit when we start a game with settings that match an existing unfilled game? If I have to insist on starting a new game (even if the games offered have no unreserved spots, but that's another topic), why not make me insist on joining a game with someone I have foed? That could be applied even to tournament games. If you really don't like someone, you should be able to pass on joining the game and drop out of the tournament. Some reserve may be pleased as punch to take your spot.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Darwins_Bane on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:30 am

but what about auto-join game links. would they be affected and how? I'm bringing it up mostly for tournaments where there is a password. I'm wondering if you bring up an intermediate page will it cause problems?
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Darwins_Bane wrote:but what about auto-join game links. would they be affected and how? I'm bringing it up mostly for tournaments where there is a password. I'm wondering if you bring up an intermediate page will it cause problems?

I do think it is kinda going to the extreme, just dropping a tournament because of a foe. And what happens if it is in the finals? I'm sure tons of people would drop out because they don't want to face that 1 guy. Game Invites, or having someone give you a Password to a Private game on the other hand, may come up.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:00 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:I like the idea, i do. But we need to come down with a definite suggestion.

There have been several "definite suggestions" here made as separate threads...which have of course all been merged into THIS thread.

TheForgivenOne wrote:And since i sticky'd this 2 months ago, only a handful of people have commented

The fact that it's been PENDING for more than three years probably has a lot to do with that.

Ok, here once again is my "definite suggestion":

Concise description:
Reverse of Foe List Suggestion

Specifics:
Ok, I've done a search of the suggestions forum and found SEVERAL entries that
are essentially identical to what I am suggesting here and there has been resounding
applause for each one from the masses and no good reason ever given for the
implementation not to take place. And yet, the implementation has never taken
place (all merged into this thread).

So, here is my suggestion...if I am about to unintentionally join a FOE'd member's
game, the site should use one of three methods for informing me of that
1) I will either not be allowed to join it de facto OR
2) I will get a warning message telling me what I'm about to do (asking me if I want to) OR
3) On the GAME FINDER page that shows the games, have some sort of a flag/indicator so
that I recognize the individual is one of my foes

Any of these three are fine, really. Personally, I prefer #2, as it seems the most
flexible and user-friendly. #3 probably involves the most coding.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
Given that the standard response to...well, to pretty much everything on this
bloody site is "just FOE them", many of us have accumulated a pretty large
FOE list...far to large to frankly remember the contents of. I find myself
unintentionally joining games of members I've FOE'd for abusive language
only to find myself subjected to that crap yet again because I didn't recall
them being in my FOE list. This essentially makes the "just FOE them"
suggestion next to useless and certainly causes a lack of enjoyment of
the site.

Now...is this finally going to be implemented or will it simply be ignored
once again because it's more important for the folks in charge to create
nuclear spoils silliness for the site?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:34 am

I personally like #2, just like when in the Start a Game function when you try and start a game, and it offers you a game of the same settings. I'll put up a poll for the 3 options.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions