Conquer Club

Official 2010 CC World Cup Event

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Official 2010 CC World Cup Event

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:48 am

If it has to do with luck of the drop, then I am very luck on this map... I like the map a lot, even with a bad drop, it is still possible to regain control with strategy...

Every map you play, you can get a horrible drop. That doesn't make the map bad IMO :)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby MrBenn on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:29 am

Bruceswar wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:mmm as maps go, this was a nice novelty for a tournement but eh no. it sucks.
I am very glad you got rid(read fixed) of the +3 regardless of terits. But this is basicly a 1vs1 who starts wins, unless dice killed him. if you dont believe me, maybe i should do a strategy guide on it.

Pretty spot on here. I will not be playing this map again. Sorry I just cannot stand the luck on it as it goes with the drop.

Edited to add. Thanks MrBenn for the effort on short notice.

Thanks Bruce ;-)

As for those who complain about 1v1s an this (or any other) map, I'd recommend trying some games with more people... I've found the 6-player games I've played on it far more enjoyable, even if equally as tense as the actual World Cup at times!
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:44 am

MrBenn wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:mmm as maps go, this was a nice novelty for a tournement but eh no. it sucks.
I am very glad you got rid(read fixed) of the +3 regardless of terits. But this is basicly a 1vs1 who starts wins, unless dice killed him. if you dont believe me, maybe i should do a strategy guide on it.

Pretty spot on here. I will not be playing this map again. Sorry I just cannot stand the luck on it as it goes with the drop.

Thanks Bruce ;-)

As for those who complain about 1v1s an this (or any other) map, I'd recommend trying some games with more people... I've found the 6-player games I've played on it far more enjoyable, even if equally as tense as the actual World Cup at times!

Ahh but just so happens the tournament was a 1 vs 1... I did not win a single game. In fact I opened 3 of 4 games and had 0 chance from round 1 when I went 2nd. Yeah sure dice happen, but the setup is made to favor first player. Maybe I will try a 6 player on it. Thanks for the effort.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby qwertylpc on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:53 pm

in tournament i went second 3 times and had great dice so i went 1-2

then i went first once and im about to lose because of dice so as typical as cc is whoever has better dice wins
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Official 2010 CC World Cup Event

Postby samuelc812 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:47 pm

The Entertainment Team and DJ Teflon are proud to present the Official CC World Speed Cup 2010!

To finish off our 'World Cup' celebrations, we will be holding a special speed tournament this weekend to celebrate the finals of the World Cup, which is being held in South Africa. Please make sure you read all the details before signing up ;)

Limited Edition "World Cup" Map

The tournament will be played on the Limited Edition: World Cup Map! which is available for play until July 11th!

View the Map here!

Speed Game Holiday

To help our freemium members celebrate and partake in the special speed tournament, there will be 48 hours of Free Unlimited Speed Games ONLY on the Limited Edition: World Cup Map!

The Free Speed Games will begin at 12:01am CST on Saturday the 10th of July and will come to a close at 12:01am CST on Monday the 12th of July!

Official CC World Speed Cup 2010

The Entertainment Team, DJ Teflon and the Discussions Team have joined forces to bring you a special treat to finish off our World Cup Event! Conquer Club's speed tournament expert DJ Teflon has offered to run an official speed tournament to end things with a bang, you need to pay attention to the details below before signing up for it though :)

• This speed tournament will take place on Saturday 10th July 2010.
  • The first round will kick-off at 6.30pm BST (London time/GMT +1). This is 1.30PM EST, 12.30PM CST.
  • Please check your time zone with this link - World Clock.
  • Registered players must be ready to join at 6.10pm BST (London time/GMT +1).
  • Only players who have not already joined one of the current Official World Cup Celebration Tournaments can pre-register (others may be able to join on the day however).
  • Players must remain logged-on to CC until they are out of the tournament, or until they win. ;)
  • You need to make sure that you have enough time to dedicate to this tournament, before signing up (The tournament will be running for several hours).
  • Freemium members can participate in this tournament.

Thanks to the Discussions Team we have some great premium prizes up for grabs! See the tournament thread for more information, make sure you know the rules and minor details before signing up! :)

Official CC World Speed Cup 2010

--The Entertainment Team and DJ Teflon
Captain samuelc812

Postby TheSaxlad on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:55 am

Wow, One Set of free speed games. maybe. 2? This is the reason why I love conquerclub!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:43 am

Bruceswar wrote:

I must respond again. After playing the map some more times, I must retract this statement. The map is surely a different style, but plays nicely when more than 2 players are on it. Well done!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby the.killing.44 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:46 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

I must respond again. After playing the map some more times, I must retract this statement. The map is surely a different style, but plays nicely when more than 2 players are on it. Well done!

Quarter- and Semi-finalists are far undervalued for 5 and 7 neutrals, respectively.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby ws1 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:11 am

thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so glad to see all this soccer crap finally getting over with.
Sergeant 1st Class ws1

Location: Chicago, New York, Detroit and its all on the same street

Postby shakeNblake on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:55 pm

So if you're not participating in the tournament you can still play free speed games? and an unlimited number of them?
Lieutenant shakeNblake

Postby qwertylpc on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:25 am

its not open it should be its july 10th later then 1201 cst
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Postby L M S on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:37 pm

if you still need tourney players count me in.
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TODRICH on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:29 pm

How do I join
Lieutenant TODRICH

Postby samuelc812 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:41 pm

The Speed Game Holiday has been extended for 24 hrs due to the mix-up with the speed tournament the other day! :)

Enjoy!

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby samuelc812 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:26 pm

The World Cup Map will be closed at some point in the next 24 hrs! So make any games you want to make now, before it goes away forever! :o :shock: :D

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby MrBenn on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:35 pm

The Crowd is on the pitch.... They think it's all over....
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby pie12345 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:48 pm

i think i should get preemium because im good there and i was kicked out im just brainstorming
:D
Sergeant pie12345

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:51 pm

samuelc812 wrote:The World Cup Map will be closed at some point in the next 24 hrs! So make any games you want to make now, before it goes away forever! :o :shock: :D

~Sam

how will the remaining official tournament finish without the map?
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 pm

They won't!

No, they will.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby ender516 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:43 pm

caymanmew wrote:
samuelc812 wrote:The World Cup Map will be closed at some point in the next 24 hrs! So make any games you want to make now, before it goes away forever! :o :shock: :D

~Sam

Closing a map only prevents the creation of new games. It should not affect games already underway. But if we haven't got the final games of the tournaments started, then there may be a problem, unless the tournament organizers have some special privileges for starting games.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 pm

ender516 wrote:
caymanmew wrote:

~Sam

Closing a map only prevents the creation of new games. It should not affect games already underway. But if we haven't got the final games of the tournaments started, then there may be a problem, unless the tournament organizers have some special privileges for starting games.

the signal are still in the first stage
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby jrh_cardinal on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:11 pm

caymanmew wrote:
ender516 wrote:
caymanmew wrote:

~Sam

they've already said that the TO's for the official tourneys get to keep using it (like 20 times)
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:13 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:
caymanmew wrote:
ender516 wrote:
caymanmew wrote:

~Sam

they've already said that the TO's for the official tourneys get to keep using it (like 20 times)

really? where
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby jrh_cardinal on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:24 pm

caymanmew wrote:really? where

here's one spot. I think it's buried somewhere in this thread and in the official tourney threads as well..idk
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:36 am

The Map will still be used for the tournaments, but will not be up for public play.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives