Conquer Club

Tournament Contest: Independence Day! [Winners Announced]

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which are your 3 favourite entries?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Total votes : 0

Tournament Contest: Independence Day! [Winners Announced]

Postby Tupence on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Voting has ended and the three winners are:

Highlander Attack
DJ Teflon
White Moose
- Tournament Cancelled

They will each receive their General Achievement Medal when their tournaments are complete; congratulations to them and to all the entrants for participating!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After receiving such great entries, the Tournament Directors couldn't decide on a shortlist, so all 9 entries are up for voting. As there is such a big shortlist, the three entries with the most votes will each win a General Achievement Medal (once their tournaments have been completed). Good luck all!

Below are the details and links for each entry:

Organiser: skillfusniper33
Title: How the 4th of July Became important to the USA
Thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=121280&start=0

Organiser: jleonnn
Title: jle's Independence Day tournament
Thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=121281

Organiser: anamainiacks
Title: Fourth of July
Thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=121360

Organiser: White Moose
Title: Independence Day
Post in this Thread: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=121209#p2671702

Organiser: Blinkadyblink
Title: You Say You Want A Revolution
Post in this Thread: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=121209#p2675299

Organiser: benga
Title: Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
Post in this Thread: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=121209#p2675869

Organiser: HighlanderAttack
Title: HA's 4th of July
Thread: viewtopic.php?t=121807

Organiser: Sir. Ricco
Title: Independence Day: Now and Then
Post in this Thread: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=121209&start=15#p2681330

Organiser: DJ Teflon
Title: Chronicles of a Time Lord - Volume I
Thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=122159&start=0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tournament Directors would like to announce:

The Independence Day Contest!

You are invited to design a tournament with an American Independence Day/4th of July theme. The designer of the winning tournament will win a General Achievement Medal!

Contest Rules:

1. Only one entry per person. Your entry has to be made in one post in this thread.
2. You are expected to organize and complete your tournament after it has been designed (see note below). You may invite someone to help you run the tournament (if the size warrants a co-host), but only one medal will be awarded for the design. Standard Tournament Achievement/Contribution Medal(s) will be awarded upon completion.
3. The tournament can be any size within the regular restrictions. If you are unfamiliar with these restrictions, check them out here: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=114270
4. Tournaments will be judged mostly on originality, but also on clarity and presentation of your design.
5. The Tournament Directors will draw up a shortlist from all of the entries, and then there will be a public poll to decide the winning design.
6. Entries will be accepted for two weeks following this announcement. Voting will then be open for one week after the shortlist has been created.

Note: Only the winning tournament has to be organized and completed to claim the General Achievement Medal.

Good luck everyone!
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Re: Tournament Contest: Independence Day!

Postby skillfusniper33 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:47 am

I guess I will be the first to start a tournament for the USA's Independence Day.

If you would like to recreate some of the happenings of how the USA got its Independence this might be a good tournament for you. During your experience in this tournament you will be able to enjoy the travels around the world, and not have to worry about getting all dirty in the process, unlike the Brave souls that helped found this Great day in America.

To start things off we will be in England and only the strongest few (or stealthy) will move on. We then move to the travel across the High Seas (you will have roommates). Where do you land but on a New World (who wants to travel a new area alone?). Now that you have the territories you would like, you need to go to the Senate to get proper arrangements of how to declare your own independence. And to finish things up you may need to lay down the law in your new 13 Original Colonies.

If you catch all the hints of above we will have all types of games. So be prepared to win all sorts of games to move on.

show: Official Settings

show: Random Order Process

All Group Divisions will be done by random.org, as well as the random people who move on. If you lose and draw the numbers of 2, 4, and Last, you will be able to move on.

Both Freemium and Premium Can play. If you are Freemium Please Allow 1 spot for this tournament.

There will be no need for Reserves after the 1st Round. If you get eliminated, you will become a reserve, and if someone doesn't join their game within 72 Hours they will be dropped, and someone will be picked by random from the eliminated players

Good Luck to all our lucky Travelers, may your adventures pay off with riches, and medals.

Find it here: How the 4th of July Became important to the USA
Last edited by skillfusniper33 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby jleonnn on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:47 am

To celebrate Independence Day, I will be organizing this tournament :D

There will be 32 players in this tournament. We will start off in the Iberia map, then we land in the New World, our next map. The survivors will be split into two groups, representing the French and British fighting over America on 13 colonies map(in a quads game). The players of the winning group move on to the bloody American Civil War period on the Civil War map. Finally, the last two will battle it out on the USA map.

So basically the game plan is like this:
Iberia(32 players playing) :arrow: New World(16 players playing) :arrow: 13 Colonies(8 player quads) :arrow: American Civil War(4 players playing) :arrow: USA map (Finals) :arrow: Winner!

You have 48 hours to join

show: settings

show: games

show: players
Last edited by jleonnn on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major jleonnn

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:17 am

Heya! (:

It's not a requirement to be about the history of American Independence Day eh? If so, then here's my humble submission (: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=121360

Fourth of July
Anyone with one slot available at all times can sign up!

It's fourth of July! Free from work, quality time with your family; you're going to celebrate the fourth of July! How terribly excited you feel! You pack your bags for the weekend, throw your luggage in the trunk of your car, and set off to your home in the quiet town of Woodboro, bursting with anticipation of the things to come today.

Gameplay
This tournament will start off as a 1v1 bracket in the first 3 rounds with 32 players, where first round pairings will be created by random.org. It will end off with a final round of 4 players, using a point system to compete to be the emergent champion at the end of the tournament. Details of the settings and maps for each round are below.

Round 1 - The Drive
show: The Drive

Round 2 - The Dinner
show: The Dinner

Round 3 - The Fireworks
show: The Fireworks

Round 4 - The Family Games
show: The Family Games

After the entire night of activities, you total up the scores each of you earned from the 3 games in Round 4, and declare the one with the highest points the winner for Fourth of July!

Notes
1. I reserve the right to change aspects of the game if anything needs changing, to ensure fairness to all players or for the benefit of the tournament.
2. If you wish to withdraw from the tournament at any time, please inform me via personal message or post on this thread.
3. Ignore list is ignored in my tournament. If there's anybody that's in your ignore list then you have to remove him/her while playing in my tournament.
4. Alliances are not allowed.
5. If you do not join the game within 48 hours, you will be replaced.
6. If you are know you are not going to be around for a duration of time, please inform me. If the period of time is short enough, I will delay all of your games.
7. Reserves will only be used for Round 1. In Rounds 2 to 4, the player that was defeated by the player who dropped out will be used as the replacement.
8. For any questions, problems etc you may voice it out in this thread or you can PM me.
Last edited by anamainiacks on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Lindax on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:28 am

Clarification: You do NOT have to create your tournament to enter this contest, you merely need to design it.

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby jleonnn on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:38 am

Oh man!!! OK... But I already made the tournament! And so did the 2 of them!
Major jleonnn

Postby Lindax on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:57 am

jleonnn wrote:Oh man!!! OK... But I already made the tournament! And so did the 2 of them!

Sorry for the confusion. Only the winning tournament has to be organized and completed to claim the General Achievement Medal.

I'll edit the first post to clarify it.

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

WM's Independence Day Tournament Design

Postby White Moose on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:02 am

Here's my design.

Enjoy.

Edits: Changed the Subject and added "Edits" :P
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Independence Day

Click image to enlarge.

Let's celebrate this glorious country.. By playing more ConquerClub!

show: General Information, How to join and Rules

Let's look into the future... but somehow, in the past.

Everyone in the world was safe and sound - going about their daily lives just as people do today. Going to school, going to work, living, laughing, loving. Enjoying life!

Somewhere in Space, strange things are moving...

show: Round 1 - Space

The things comes close to earth.

The US government notices them on their screens. They are confused over what these strange objects are, since they're slowing down!

Meanwhile, all is calm in the rest of the world.

These things are alien spaceships! They are positioning themselves over the biggest cities in the world!

Something horrible happens!

All spaceships fire down on earth and there are huge explosions!

It's chaos all over!

show: Round 2 - NYC

Some higher-ups in the USA, such as the President and the Secretary of Defense, decide to execute a counter-attack against the alien spaceships.

show: Round 3 - US Senate

The air force flies out to eliminate the alien ship. Unfortunately, the Force Shield surrounding the alien ship stops all incoming missiles!

The aliens sends out their smaller ships to eliminate the human aircrafts.

They attack the airfield at the same time!

One friendly and one enemy aircraft battle it out. They end up on the ground in the middle of the desert.

show: Round 4 - Dust Bowl

"That's what I call a close encounter."

The alien manuvering the ship gets captured and he is taken to Area 51, to get more answers.
The alien wakes up and kills the head scientist.

The President is able to speak to the alien, through the dead scientist.

The Alien telepathically sends images to his brain!

"I saw... his thoughts. I saw what they're planning to do. They're like locusts. They travel from planet to planet, their whole civilization. After they've consumed every natural rescource they move on. And we're next. Nuke 'em. Nuke the bastards."

Stealth bombers are flown out to shoot a Nuclear missile against the alien ship.

show: Round 5 - Arms Race

Moments after thinking they had succeeded, they see the unharmed ship from within a nuclear blast safe vehicle.

50 years earlier, they were able to recover one of the alien spaceships! The arrival of the alien mothership seems to have activated it.

The Force Shield the alien has must be broken!

A genius plan is created! The alien mothership, located in orbit of earth, is going to receive a virus. This virus will temporarily break the Force Shield, so the rest of the world can attack the spaceships. The virus will spread from the mothership to the rest of the alien ships!

The old recovered alien spaceship flies into the Solar System with human pilots, carrying a nuclear bomb and the virus, heading for the alien mothership.

show: Round 6 - Solar System

They get inside the alien mothership, ready to deploy the virus and nuclear missile!

Fire! The nuclear bomb goes right into the heart of the alien mothership. They never knew what was coming!

With the Force Shield down, there is no problem destroying the spaceships.

They fall like huge flies down to the ground!

The heroes!

show: Round 7 - U S A

This story all accured on the 4th of July. Giving this date further means to celebrate! To celebrate the survival of the human race!

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Round Summary:
show: Round 1 - Space

show: Round 2 - NYC

show: Round 3 - US Senate

show: Round 4 - Dust Bowl

show: Round 5 - Arms Race

show: Round 6 - Solar System

show: Round 7 - U S A

Whats going to be included in the second post of the tournament thread wrote:List of contestants.
Bracket - http://i45.tinypic.com/2yxq2hd.png
Last edited by White Moose on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:17 am

Lindax wrote:Clarification: You do NOT have to create your tournament to enter this contest, you merely need to design it.

Lx

Mmmm I didn't know that... But it's still alright if we continue on with the tournament we created right, if we want to? Even though it's not the winning entry? It would be a waste to let it go after it's been created after all (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby skillfusniper33 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:37 am

anamainiacks wrote:
Lindax wrote:Clarification: You do NOT have to create your tournament to enter this contest, you merely need to design it.

Lx

Mmmm I didn't know that... But it's still alright if we continue on with the tournament we created right, if we want to? Even though it's not the winning entry? It would be a waste to let it go after it's been created after all (:

Yeah I think it would be a waste to quit it. This just gave me another good reason to run a tournament. I was kinda out of Ideas too
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Lindax on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:38 pm

anamainiacks wrote:

Lx

Of course you want to continue your tournament. The more tournaments the better! :D

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby jleonnn on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:12 am

White Moose, nice!
Major jleonnn

Postby Blinkadyblink on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:20 pm

You Say You Want a Revolution

In celebration of the 4th of July, this tournament will pit the Colonial militias against the British Army in the fight for North America. Pick a side and lead it to victory!

First, choose your side: I need 49 American Minutemen, and 49 British Regulars. (98 people in all)

show: Settings

Preliminary Battles

George Washington Fighting in the French and Indian War
Before you can fight in the Revolution, you need to prove your worth as a soldier. Those in the British Army must fight other colonial powers (New World,) while colonists will fight Native Americans (First Nations of North America.) You will play 8 7-player terminator games, facing each of the 48 other players on your side once, and you will be awarded one point for each opponent you kill in these games. The 36 soldiers on each side with the most points will get to fight in the Revolution.

The Revolutionary War

The Battle of Lexington
Congratulations! You’ve proven yourself to be a fierce soldier, and have been awarded a commission in your army. Now it’s time to fight the Revolutionary War. The war will consist of many small skirmishes, in which one British officer will fight one American officer in a two game 1v1 series on the 13 Colonies map. These will be seeded such that the British officer with the most kills in the Preliminary Battles stage will play against the American Officer with the fewest kills in the Preliminary Battles stage, the British officer with the second-most kills will play against the American officer with the second-fewest kills etc. If one officer wins both games, then his/her opponent is killed, but if both officers win one game, then the skirmish is a draw, and both adversaries remain alive. Once one round of skirmishes is over, a new round will begin, and this process will continue until all the players on one side are killed. Whenever there are more surviving players on one side than the other, the player(s) on the leading side who have killed the most officers during the Revolutionary War will get a bye.

Fighting for the Spoils

Alexander Hamilton duels Aaron Burr
Awesome! Your army won the Revolution! Even better, you didn’t get killed in the war. But, you’re not done yet. It’s time to battle your triumphant allies to see who gets to rule over the United States/13 Colonies. Everyone still alive will be entered into a round-robin, and will play a 1v1 game on USA against each of the other survivors – whoever has the best record wins the tournament! The number of enemies killed during the Revolutionary War will serve as a tiebreaker. If there is still a tie, it will be settled by a best-of-three 1v1 series.

So, in summary:

Stage 1: You play 8 7-player terminator games on either New World or First Nations of North America. To ensure that no one gets an advantage from facing weaker opponents, you will play against each player in your 49 player group once. The 36 players in your group with the most terminator kills advance.

Stage 2: The 36 players who advanced out of your group will each play a 2-game series on 13 Colonies against a player from the other group. If a player wins two, then his/her opponent is out; if the player wins zero, then he/she is out; if the player wins one, then neither one is out. This process is repeated until all the players from one group are eliminated. Whenever one group has more players left than the other group, the player(s) in that group who have won the most series get a bye.

Stage 3: You play every surviving member of your group in one 1v1 game on USA. If you win more of these games than anyone else, you win the tournament. Ties are settled by the number of series won in Stage 2.

show: Notes

Any Questions? Ask me via pm or in the thread.
Last edited by Blinkadyblink on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Blinkadyblink

Postby benga on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:01 am

Tournament Title: Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death

Tournament Type: MIXED

Tournament Organizer: benga

Tournament players: 64

Tournament prerequisites: OPEN FOR ALL-game per round

Tournament stages: 3

Tournament games: randomly set every round

Tournament settings: automatic,sequential,chained,casual

Tournament winner: 1

Americans start their revolution dreaming of their independence
while British gather their forces to suppress American rebellion

1.CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

American Revolution

-rounds: 4
-map: USA
-games: 8-man terminator
-settings: escalating & sunny
-advance: top 16 by kills
-tiebreaker:new game with all interested on same map & settings

OR

British Conscription

-map: England
-games: 8-man terminator
-advance: top 16 by kills
-tiebreaker:new game with all interested on same map & settings

There are two possible endings depending which team wins.
So will Americans have their independence or will they be part of British Empire?

2.American War of Independence (1775–1783)

-rounds: 8 (representing every year of war)
-map: 13 Colonies
-games: 4v4,every round quads are randomly set
-settings: no spoils & fog
-advance: side that accumulates more wins
(so either 16 Brits or 16 Americans move on)
-tiebreaker: one 4v4 game,team is selected by players form each side

3.Ending

Declaration of Independence-Americans win
-map: U.S. Senate
-games: 1v1
-round 1: win 1
-round 2: win 2
-round 3: win 3
-round 4: win 4

OR

Capitulation-British win
-map: US New England
-games: 1v1
-round 1: win 1
-round 2: win 2
-round 3: win 3
-round 4: win 4

FINAL NOTES

-reserves:
STAGE 1 - from reserve list or public
STAGE 2 - from stage 1 ranking
STAGE 3 - not needed every no show is automatically out
-have fun!
Sergeant benga

Postby saraith on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:43 pm

I was going to submit one... but after reading those, I don't stand a chance. :oops:

My hat is off to all entrants so far! =D>
Corporal 1st Class saraith

Postby HighlanderAttack on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:01 am

I created and I am running my tourney--It is in the create/join forum--do I need to post it here?

Edit-just read rule one so I will post here next
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby HighlanderAttack on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:11 am

HA's 4th of July(Round 1)

Independence Day, commonly known as July 4th or the Fourth of July, commemorates the Continental Congress’ adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. The document, primarily written by Thomas Jefferson, served as a formal announcement that the 13 American colonies were no longer part of the British Empire and would henceforth be free and independent states. Regarded as the birthday of the United States of America, the day is typically celebrated with parades, fireworks, ceremonies, barbecues and family gatherings.

Here are the specifications for: HA's 4th of July

This is a continuation of HighlanderAttack's holiday tournaments.

This tourney will be a 1v1 playing five different maps best 3of5 each round.

Maps:

British Isles-our history

13 Colonies-our beginning

USA-what we have become

Woodboro-celebrating in our neighborhoods-great food, family and friends

Arms Race!-watching the fireworks

Anyone with less than 98% taken may be left our of the tourney without a decent excuse that they will play the games without missing turns.

64 entrants
1v1, 2 player games
Seq
chained reinforcements
escalating spoils
no fog

I will use reverse set up to make the match ups-1-8 will play 16-9. Basically each round will have the lowest number playing the highest number. I will just make this list, cut it in half and reverse the higher numbers. PM me if you have questions-these will be posted each round.
There will be four brackets-East-West-North-South-Semis will pit East against West and North against South. Random.org will create the initial brackets

To sign up, just post to this thread

For this tournament premium players only as it will have five games per round

Reserves will be taken for the first round only

When I send a pm you have 48 hours to join or you are automatically forfeited. If I have time I send a reminder, but that should not be expected.

I hope this covers everything.

Player List:
show

Last edited by HighlanderAttack on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Sir. Ricco's Entry: Independence Day: Now and Then

Postby Sir. Ricco on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:54 am

Independence Day: Now and Then
Brought to you by the Sir. Ricco Tournament Foundation

Details:

• Objective: Reflect on the history of Independence Day while celebrating the event. Advance through 5 rounds of unique game play to win the tournament.
  • Number of Players: 112
  • Game Load: 1-2
  • Requirements: Two game slots open

Game Settings:

• Map: See Below
  • Number of Players: 2, 4, 7
  • Game Type: Standard
  • Initial Troops: Automatic
  • Play Order: Sequential
  • Spoils: Escalating
  • Reinforcements: Chained
  • Fog of War: No

Game Play:
Independence Day is the most important, patriotic holiday for America. This tournament is a tribute to how it was started and how we celebrate it today.

Qualifications: Signing the Declaration of Independence
The Declaration of Independence was signed by 56 people. Although the date is disputed, the signing of the Declaration of Independence is the reason for the July 4th Celebration.
Map: USA New England (Philadelphia)
    112 players will be randomly matched against one opponent. Each pairing will play one game. The winner signs the Declaration of Independence and advances to Round 1.
Round 1: Now, Celebrating at Home
Every year, millions of Americans celebrate the 4th of July their own way.
Map: USA
    56 players will be split into 14 Divisions of 4. Each division will play 4 games. The goal is to try to collect the most fire works.
    1st place: 20 fireworks
    2nd place: 12 fireworks
    3rd place: 8 fireworks
    4th place: 6 fireworks
    The two players in each division that collect the most fireworks will advance to the next round.
Round 2: Then, Fighting the War
After the Signing of the Declaration of Independents, the American Revolutionary War went into full fury.
Map: 13 Colonies
    28 players will be split into 7 divisions of 4. Each Division will play 5 games. The goal is to free and protect five of the most important colonies from the British.
    Massachusetts
    New York
    New Jersey
    Virginia
    Pennsylvania
    A game will be played for each Colony listed. The two players with the most wins will advance to Round 3. In case of a tie, all players involved in the tie will fight a game to free and protect North Carolina from the British. The winner earns the tie breaker.
Round 3: Now, Going for the Big Boom
After celebrating at home, many Americans will go to a professional fireworks display. Some of the biggest are New York City’s and Lake Tahoe’s.
Maps: USA New England, USA West
    14 players will be split 2 divisions of 7. Each Division will play one game. The goal is to arrive first and get the best seat for the show. Each division will be at a different show.
    Show 1: New York City - USA New England
    Show 2: Lake Tahoe - USA West
    The winner of each game advances to the final round, Round 4.
Round 4: Then, Ratifying the United States Constitution
After the Treaty of Paris ended the war, America was faced with a new and greater problem, creating a new nation. In September 1786, commissioners from five states met to discuss adjustments to the Articles of Confederation. May 1787 delegates began work on the Constitution. On September 17, 1787, the Constitution was complete.
Maps: USA Southeast, USA Great Lakes, USA New England (Maps will be played for each state on the list that is on the map)
    2 players will try to get 9 states to ratify the Constitution. They will visit the 13 states in the following order.
    Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island
    The winner of each game will get the recognition that they were responsible for the ratification. If, after visiting all 13 states no player has 9 states, two states will be picked to be played again, one that player A has ratified and one that player B has ratified. Results from the previous battle will not be changed. So if player A wins on a state that player B has previously ratified, both get the recognition. This will continue till a player has ratified 9 states.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Here's my contribution:

(Not yet posted in create / join a tournament but will be soon - hoping to post as an 'evolving storyline' tournament ... which means, players will discover the plot as they go along and therefore wont be privvy to all of the information here, or at least until they progress through the tournament.)

Edit - now posted in the Create/Join Forum - some information held back as per the 'evolving storyline' theme. Here it is.

:D

Chronicles of a Time Lord - Volume I

(Evolving Storyline Tournament)

Assassin / Terminator

Details:
Travelling through time-and-space in your cunningly cloaked inter-dimensional vessel, you are the custodian of all history, safeguarding against the evil manipulations of other time travellers, with the help of your cryogenically-suspended army.

Whilst passing through the year 2345, Orac, the computer of your SATKOM (Space-and-Time Kinaesthetic Operation Module), alerts you that:

"The Galactic Federation are hatching plans to send further TTTs (Time Travelling Terminators), including TOTA, into various points of the history of Planet Earth. Fearful of human's inter-stellar development and potential, they are attempting to prevent the technological and biological evolution of the American Civilisation.

The TTTs are attempting to nullify the American Civilisation both at its inception and at key transition points in its history. The Federation have identified the date of July the 4th as a weak point, hoping to catch defences off guard during celebrations of Independance Day. These attempts will be made in the years 1962, 2010, 2012, 2028, 2041 & 2044."

Chapter I:
show

Chapter II:
show

Chapter III:
show

Chapter IV:
show

Chapter V:
show

Chapter VI:
show

show: Tournament Format and Points System

show: Settings

show: Requirements

show: Reserves

show: Build-Up Matches

show: Tie Breaks

show: The Draw

show: Missing Turns

show: Joining and Winning Matches

show: Some of the other Tournaments by DJ Teflon
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Tupence on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks everyone for your entries! We won't be accepting any more entries for this contest, so now the TDs need to create a shortlist - good luck everyone!

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Re: Tournament Contest: Independence Day! [Vote Now]

Postby Tupence on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Voting is now open for one week only - see the first post for details of all the entries. Good luck to all the entrants!

Private Tupence

Postby Mar-De-Lafayette on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:07 am

i remember this day i work lot for him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Major Mar-De-Lafayette

Postby Night Strike on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:24 pm

So how many entrants had to send out PMs just to get votes for themselves?? :roll:
Major Night Strike

Postby tanjyr on Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:45 pm

pity the tourneys that deserve the win don't have too many votes compared to the rest

how is white moose's tournament relevant to the independence day theme at all, other than saying it happened on 4th july? and highlanderattack's tournament seems to borrow ideas from one of the entries before his.
Lieutenant tanjyr

Postby Night Strike on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:37 pm

tanjyr wrote:how is white moose's tournament relevant to the independence day theme at all, other than saying it happened on 4th july?

All those scenes are from a movie titled Independence Day which is set on July 2-4, so he wasn't just stating that it happened on the 4th.
Major Night Strike

Next

Return to Tournament Archives