Conquer Club

[GC] [Foe] Notification of Ignore On Entering Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Which would be the best option for this?

Have the game be unjoinable/not be able to see it.
17%
Have a page load that tells you are joining a game with a foe, and if you wish to continue.
54%
Have it so a symbol is placed beside a Foe.
28%

Total votes : 46

Re: Notification of Ignore On Entering Game *Pending*

Postby perchorin on Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:20 am

Definitely number two, and this really should have happened years ago.
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby MichelSableheart on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:14 am

Good suggestion, should be implemented.

Option 2, please
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby Empress Wu on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:09 am

Yes, let's get this implemented. :idea: I had been thinking of making this suggestion myself, but then I discovered that the suggestion had already been made.
Captain Empress Wu

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Out of curiousity...what is the "method" for actually implementing ideas now?

It used to be the to-do list (upon which this suggestion sat for more than three years).
Then it was the web designer dude (who has now apparently departed).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby ender516 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:16 am

Woodruff wrote:Out of curiousity...what is the "method" for actually implementing ideas now?

It used to be the to-do list (upon which this suggestion sat for more than three years).

The current scheme is outlined in the announcement How Suggestions Work right here in the Suggestions Forum. Suggestions get bandied about, debated, and finally selected for submission, so when the time comes for an update, the powers that be can focus on those suggestions that have been hammered into shape. It's a bit like the Map Foundry, I guess.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:25 am

ender516 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Out of curiousity...what is the "method" for actually implementing ideas now?

The current scheme is outlined in the announcement How Suggestions Work right here in the Suggestions Forum. Suggestions get bandied about, debated, and finally selected for submission, so when the time comes for an update, the powers that be can focus on those suggestions that have been hammered into shape. It's a bit like the Map Foundry, I guess.

Thanks, Ender...hadn't seen that. That being said, I'm seeing an accepted suggestion of "Replace Dice With Happy Bunnies", which isn't making me feel particularly good about the methodology.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby ender516 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:31 am

Woodruff wrote:
ender516 wrote:

Thanks, Ender...hadn't seen that. That being said, I'm seeing an accepted suggestion of "Replace Dice With Happy Bunnies", which isn't making me feel particularly good about the methodology.

Oh, dear, I guess JoshyBoy was feeling a bit whimsical the day he submitted it.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:57 am

Woodruff wrote:
ender516 wrote:

Yeah, that was all Joshy, probably meant it more as a joke than anything.

So back on subject, is it all set and clear, that how this will work, is it will take you to a page, like the one when you start a game with the same settings, saying you are about to join a game with a foe?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ender516 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:02 pm

The poll results seems overwhelmingly in favour of that option (of course, it is a small turnout), and no recent comment seems to have mentioned anything else. Make it so.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:19 pm

Alright, i am moving this to Submitted
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:08 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
ender516 wrote:

And yet, it IS in the to-be-implemented area, if I understand things correctly...it's not in the rejected area. So, joke or not...it doesn't give me a good feeling about the method, as I said.

TheForgivenOne wrote:So back on subject, is it all set and clear, that how this will work, is it will take you to a page, like the one when you start a game with the same settings, saying you are about to join a game with a foe?

Yes, though I think it should specifically say who that foe is, to help you in determining if you want to join or not. Make sense?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:10 pm

Woodruff wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
ender516 wrote:

So back on subject, is it all set and clear, that how this will work, is it will take you to a page, like the one when you start a game with the same settings, saying you are about to join a game with a foe?

Yes, though I think it should specifically say who that foe is, to help you in determining if you want to join or not. Make sense?

Actually, if you read the first post :) You will see that I put that in there.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Not able to join a foe's game

Postby Ninja Champion on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Concise description:
This has been suggested in the past, if possible, can we not be able to join a game against someone we've foed? If not, at least a confirmation/warning before joining the game, "You have player x foed, do you still want to join the game?"

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
I foe for many reasons, suiciders, cheap tactics, poor language, etc, etc. I don't keep track of these players over time and don't want to accidentally join one of their games.

Thanks
Brigadier Ninja Champion

Re: Not able to join a foe's game

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Already submitted.

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=73328
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Ninja Champion on Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Already submitted.

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=73328

ah, thanks.. guess I'm just rallying for it then :P
Brigadier Ninja Champion

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Merged.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Notification of Ignore On Entering Game *Submitted*

Postby mpjh on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:55 pm

How about a choice that says "Pay Attention Before Joining Games"

Sort of like the rule that you don't take an open drink in a bar from anyone 'cept the bartender directly.
Cadet mpjh

Postby perchorin on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:55 pm

mpjh wrote:How about a choice that says "Pay Attention Before Joining Games"

Sort of like the rule that you don't take an open drink in a bar from anyone 'cept the bartender directly.

Not a productive suggestion at all. If I read the C&A reports and see someone who has a history of being abusive, a poor sport, etc. I'm going to foe that person. I play this game for relaxation and enjoyment and will err on the side of caution every time because of that, so I actively foe people I can reasonably assume will detract from my enjoyment of this site. Now you're saying I should memorize that list as well? When a few simple lines of code can provide the paying customer with a better overall experience by avoiding the trash so to speak? Is this general mod philosophy?
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby jefjef on Wed May 04, 2011 10:53 am

Why hasn't CC implemented a block on joining games of people you have foed? It only makes sense.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby SirSebstar on Thu May 05, 2011 3:20 am

agreed. I support this suggestion because it makes sense
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

foes

Postby wildwilliam on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:38 pm

If some one foes you, they should not be able to join games you are in/started

If you are foed by some one, you are blocked from joining that persons games, but nothing stops them from joining your games.
Corporal wildwilliam

Re: foes

Postby jefjef on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Exactly. I believe this has been suggested before a few times. Unknown as to why CC doesn't prevent this.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby sdh on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:44 pm

completely agree, does my head in when someone has me foed and still joins my games.
Colonel sdh

Postby hmsps on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:01 pm

2nd that. I am sure the foe system was mainly for foeing people who had a genuine reason i.e. you had been particularly obnoxious to them but people on here foe you because you beat them and the one that gets me is oh i am medal hunting.
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Re: Notification of Ignore On Entering Game

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Merged
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions