Conquer Club

[Rules] Don't Award Points to Deadbeat / Kicked Partners

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby shaddowfire on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:34 am

I'm with you on this one. I hate having to try and carry a team if my teammate is deadbeating. This is something lack, has on his to do list.
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will the hero rise again or will darkness reign?

~Twilight Princess
Lieutenant shaddowfire

Deadbeat points

Postby Sprocc on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:51 am

Just had a triples game where my two team m8s deadbeated from the start. They never took a single turn. I then went on to win the game :) but then the deadbeats still got their share of the points. It would be good if the points were only shared between the people that dont dead beat.
Colonel Sprocc

Postby Wisse on Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:56 am

use the search button and find 2mil threads of this
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Deadbeaters Lose Points

Postby demonicplague on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:59 pm

I find it especially frustrating when my teammate deadbeats right off the bat, and then still gets points for winning. This should be a deffinate fix! example 208703 my teammate (fart) dead beated after round one, and somehow I pull out a win, and he still gets points!?
Sergeant 1st Class demonicplague

Postby kclborat on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:00 am

Change your poll. It seems different. This is possibly coming in the update, im not sure what lack decided. One other thing to remember, that deadbeat partner gave you those armies and possibly doesnt play anymore so that doesnt matter. Though i see your point...
Most points: 1606
Private 1st Class kclborat

Postby b.k. barunt on Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:18 pm

The deadbeat problem is something that really detracts from the enjoyment on this site. Thanks for taking the time to do something about it.
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby wolvenlightning on Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:12 pm

I don't necessarily think they should lose points - there will inevitably be cases of things like power outages and the like that prevent people from getting online. But they definitely shouldn't be rewarded for that, even if it wasn't something they could have controlled.
Cadet wolvenlightning

Postby hecter on Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:02 pm

How bout instead of them losing points, u just get the points the dead beater would have gotten. if you lose though, they take on 50% of those points :D.
I no some of you will say no thats a bad i idea, but im getting really pissed off about everybody deadbeating on me resulting in me losing the game. REALLY pissed off.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby wolvenlightning on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:17 am

actually, I'm just pissed off because every game I play seems to have at least one person deadbeat... learned my lesson from the dice thread in gen disc - I've only finished a tiny number of games, so I'm not claiming to be The Absolute Genius here, but I'm just pointing out...

It makes things difficult when my friends tell me "Come and play a game" and I have to say "Sorry I can't, maybe in a week when I'm done suiciding myself to get out of this other game because it's taking forever"
Cadet wolvenlightning

Deadbeating Teammates

Postby notkin on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:05 pm

This has probably already been suggested but:

Deadbeating teammates should not be rewarded points if their team wins.

They had no influence on the game unless they specifically deadbeat so that there teammate could take all their countries, but thats a pussy strategy.

It would be different though if the team member had been eliminated because they actually played the game.
Cadet notkin

Postby s.xkitten on Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:49 pm

check the to do list, or use the search button, instead of taking up space...its been suggested way to many times to count
Sergeant s.xkitten

NO POINTS FOR DROP OUT-TEAMEMBER IF THE TEAM WINS

Postby pillow on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:19 pm

maybe its been suggested before, is a bit annoying if you have teammate who drops out right from the start by missing 3 turns. If my team wins, the deadbeat would still get points for being on the winning team.

My suggestion: a kicked out team member should not receive any points should his team win.
Cook pillow

Postby AK_iceman on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:25 pm

But you wouldnt have won the game if you hadn't gotten his armies and territories.

So the question is, would you rather lose the game and lose points, or win the game and share points?
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby Samus on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:58 pm

This won't matter that much soon, New Recruits will not be allowed to join team games. They comprise 80% of the deadbeat population (honestly I would have thought more, but that's the number lack posted), so it will be rather rare that you get a deadbeat partner, and even MORE rare that you manage to go on to win the game. It's not that I don't agree with you in principle, but lack has better issues to work on which effect a lot more people.
Major Samus

Postby MasterZ on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:07 am

so what games will new recruits be able to play? I'm a new recruit and I play actively. I do wish other new recruits would play a bit more often.
Current Score: 11-23
Largest Streak: Current / win / lose: 2 loss / 4 / 8
Current / Least / Most: 1053 / 992 / 1153
Private MasterZ

Postby corner G on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:17 am

once you complete 5 game you'll be a general, you can wait that long...
Cynthia wrote:
Hitman079 wrote:i wonder when I'LL get quoted *sniffle* :cry:

same here :cry:
Corporal corner G

Postby maniacmath17 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:21 am

corner G wrote:once you complete 5 game you'll be a general, you can wait that long...

he meant private, not general.
Brigadier maniacmath17

Postby MasterZ on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:23 am

but what will the limit be for new recruits? I don't want to get too limited, even though I understand the reason why, those people who join games nad never play are very annoying.
Current Score: 11-23
Largest Streak: Current / win / lose: 2 loss / 4 / 8
Current / Least / Most: 1053 / 992 / 1153
Private MasterZ

Postby AK_iceman on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:36 am

MasterZ wrote:so what games will new recruits be able to play? I'm a new recruit and I play actively. I do wish other new recruits would play a bit more often.

You will be able to play private team games, but the public team games will be hidden from you until you complete 4 or 5 games.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

deadbeat in winning team STILL gets points ??

Postby lt_oddball on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:40 am

Hi,

I noticed that in a teamgame if one teammember gets kicked for missing too many turns he STILL gets the MAXIMUM points if his team (the other player(s)) wins the game.

Somehow this is not right.
The other teamplayer is hampered during those missing turns (becoz his team doesn't receive those armies and cards and a second player is worth more new armies than having the lands added to the other player(s)) so it is a phenomonal effort to see him win afterall.
Then the deadbeat shouldnot get any credits for that !!

The difficulty is only to verify if the missing turns started immediately from the beginning or much much later in the game (so that the deadbeat actually did put effort in the team).

I suggest the following:
teammember kicked before the first 5 rounds: 0 points and ALL teampoints divided by the winner(s).

teammember kicked between final round and 5 rounds before that: 100% (normal)

Teammember kicked in the rounds inbetween:
50% of what is usual (the other teamplayer doubles:150% or triples: 125%).

waddayasay ?
Major lt_oddball

Postby lackattack on Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:20 pm

This has been discussed over and over in the suggestions forum. The fact is that 80% of team deadbeats are newbies who will never return and will never notice the difference. It isn't worth the complicated programming which could be spent on more important improvements. Over time we will make changes to prevent much of the deadbeating in general.
Sergeant lackattack

Not my fault

Postby Risktaker17 on Thu May 31, 2007 9:28 pm

Subject: If your partner deadbeats all 3 turns in a team game they should lose points for the whole team or if there is a victory they should win none and all should go to the person who didn't deadbeat.

Body: Don't you hate it when you lose a teamgame due to a bad partner. They don't even show up for one turn and you lose the entire thing. You lose tons of points. But what should happen is they should lose the points for themselves and you because they lost you the game. But if you manage to come through with a miracle and win they shouldn't get credit for it and you should get points from everybody not them.

Priority: 5 because I'm in a game with a deadbeating partner right now.
Captain Risktaker17

Postby hecter on Thu May 31, 2007 9:45 pm

Yes, I do hate it. In fact, this is such a great idea, that I seem to remember seeing elsewhere before.

Jokes man, I really don't care about the multiple thread in this case. It really is a good idea, and I think that it should be implemented ASAP.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Risktaker17 on Thu May 31, 2007 9:49 pm

My apologies I didn't realize this was a multiple thread but thank you for praising my idea.
Captain Risktaker17

Postby hecter on Thu May 31, 2007 10:07 pm

Risktaker17 wrote:My apologies I didn't realize this was a multiple thread but thank you for praising my idea.

Well, let me just say that the probability of somebody coming up with an original idea at this point seems to be slim to nil
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions