Conquer Club

The Racist Tea Party Signs Thread

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Racist Tea Party Signs Thread

Postby King Doctor on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:03 am

thegreekdog wrote:Awesome question (surprised it took this long). Perhaps you should report that picture and see what happens (I can't remove it, but I'm sure one of the higher ups will remove it).

At the request of a bona fide moderator, I have reported another of ViperOverlord's posts.
Private 1st Class King Doctor

Postby AAFitz on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:10 am

pimpdave wrote:Far be it for me to discourage ViperOverLord from pounding away at his keyboard with his clammy, pudgy, rage-clenched fists, but as I recall this is a thread for posting Racist Tea Party Signs.

This thread is not for discussion! This thread is not for defending the racism in the Tea Party, you may defend all of the racism in your Tea Party elsewhere!

I am only doing this for your own protection, ViperOverLord, because, you see, one common side effect of clammy fist pounding is that sometimes sweat will drip off the fists of the Tea Party Representative onto the keyboard, and it could do damage to the delicate computer! And then where would we be?

Actually, once again, I believe you are in the wrong place. I have no doubt you have a personal blog somewhere, but on CC, we are allowed to comment on posts and pictures that we see, provided we are not flaming, baiting, or trolling. Since most here, are simply commenting on the pictures youve presented, I cant imagine what rule you think anyone has broken, unless you suggest, that a person retains power over a thread, simply because they title it and start it.

Its a public forum, for public discussion. There are plenty available for private use, but we as paying or not paying customers of CC, have the Lack-given right to comment where we please, provided we do so, within the confines of the rules.

I hope this helps with your confusion about why people are making comments in this discussion forum. :D
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AAFitz on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:18 am

thegreekdog wrote:See, this is what I'm talking about. As much as the overlord of all vipers and I might agree on certain issues, I do not agree with his stance that President Obama and Adolf Hitler are related in any way, shape, or form. However, anything I type on these forums will be colored by the idea that I agree with Viper Overlord, and thus, I will be lumped together with him.

Not necessarily greek, no more than it is a given I always disagree with you. The more reasonable posters, and the less biased ones, and I include you here, that wont argue against a person, only the post on most cases, look at the discussion and argue that. IN other words, Im sure most know you obviously dont see the similarity of Hitler and Obama, beyond perhaps the fact that they both happen to be leaders of countries which are in a general state of change. How they approach that however, is beyond different, and there are always comparisons to Hitler for everyone.

Everyone is a human like Hitler.
White men are white men like hitler.
Germans are german like hitler.
People with facial hair have facial hair like hitler.
All leaders are leaders just as hitler was.

General comparisons are always possible, but until a leader decides to consider Pure systematic racism, or genocide, or insanely tyranical power, or actions leading up to such, I think while its generally a good idea to remember the mistakes of a nation following hitler, its not needed to compare every leader we dont like to him...unless there are pertinent similarities.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby bradleybadly on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Well said, greekdog. (last post on that page) Though I'm actually surprised to hear you say all that when you so easily threw the race card against your opposition when discussing illegal immigration. That being said, it's ridiculous to paint this broad brush of the tea party as racist when people like Allen West are invited to speak at their events. Tim Scott would be another guy right off the top of my head. So I guess West & Scott are being racist against themselves? Oh I know, they're just "props" and part of a conspiracy to get us to deflect attention away from all the racism.

Also, the fact that the tea party people are also pissed off at the Republicans and not just the Democrats is hardly ever mentioned. I mean, am I the only one that sees these polls which say that people who are pissed off at Obama hate Republicans even worse, and that people who are going to vote the Democrats out of office in November are doing so more as a vote against Nancy Pelosi than a love affair with John Boehner?
Lootifer wrote:I earn well above average income for my area, i'm educated and I support left wing politics.

jbrettlip wrote:You live in New Zealand. We will call you when we need to make another Hobbit movie.
Corporal bradleybadly

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:52 pm

bradleybadly wrote:Also, the fact that the tea party people are also pissed off at the Republicans and not just the Democrats is hardly ever mentioned. I mean, am I the only one that sees these polls which say that people who are pissed off at Obama hate Republicans even worse, and that people who are going to vote the Democrats out of office in November are doing so more as a vote against Nancy Pelosi than a love affair with John Boehner?

Remove Pelosi from power during this election, then worry about defeating the fake conservatives in the Republican party during the 2012 primaries. If some of them happen to get defeated in this year's primaries, all the better.
Major Night Strike

Postby Frigidus on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:32 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:Also you should know that you are basically apologizing to the same crowd that had no problem comparing Bush to Hitler.

f*ck you.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby pimpdave on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:Also you should know that you are basically apologizing to the same crowd that had no problem comparing Bush to Hitler.

f*ck you.

Just wanted to quote this gem in case it gets edited later.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:44 pm

pimpdave wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

f*ck you.

As if I go around editing content out of my posts. f*ck you too, pimpdave, you fucking asswipe.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby pimpdave on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Woodruff wrote:
pimpdave wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

f*ck you.

As if I go around editing content out of my posts. f*ck you too, pimpdave, you fucking asswipe.

LOL
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby beezer on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Frigidus wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

I think this one definitely crosses the line. The one with Michelle Obama isn't racist, but it is degrading and totally disrespectful. I really hope that when people get mad at President Obama, they would keep his family out of it.
Corporal 1st Class beezer

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Liberals should not be able to criticize the tea party until they apologize and admit that they were wrong about these things..

1) Bush in fact turned out NOT to be Hitler, or a dictator
2) The elections in 2008 DID happen
3) Pee and poop bombs and molotov cocktails and violent riots STILL are not cool (St. Paul demands an apology from you filthy smelly animals!)

When liberals admit these things, then I will accept their apology for slandering the Tea Party in a most cowardly fashion.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Phatscotty wrote:3) Pee and poop bombs and molotov cocktails and violent riots STILL are not cool (St. Paul demands an apology from you filthy smelly animals!)

Oh big deal...Colorado and Missouri football fans do this all the time. (Ok, not the Molotov cocktails, but pretty much everything else.)

Postby Frigidus on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Phatscotty wrote:1) Bush in fact turned out NOT to be Hitler, or a dictator

I never asserted that. I'm pretty sure that we all agree that Godwin's Law applies to real life too.

Phatscotty wrote:2) The elections in 2008 DID happen

The only person on this forum I saw assert that was jay, who is most definitely not a liberal. We all taunted the shit out of him for it too.

Phatscotty wrote:3) Pee and poop bombs and molotov cocktails and violent riots STILL are not cool (St. Paul demands an apology from you filthy smelly animals!)

:?:

Phatscotty wrote:When liberals admit these things, then I will accept their apology for slandering the Tea Party in a most cowardly fashion.

Hey, I still insist that you guys f*ck dogs. That ain't slander.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 am

Woodruff wrote:Oh big deal...Colorado and Missouri football fans do this all the time. (Ok, not the Molotov cocktails, but pretty much everything else.)

European football fans, however, DO use Molotovs.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:09 am

Woodruff wrote:

f*ck you.

Are you saying that you would not compare Bush to Hitler? Because most libs don't think twice about doing that.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:21 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

f*ck you.

Are you saying that you would not compare Bush to Hitler?

Gee, do you think?

ViperOverLord wrote:Because most libs don't think twice about doing that.

Do you have to take painkillers for that unconscionable ignorance of yours? Because it must really hurt.

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:41 am

Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

f*ck you.

Are you saying that you would not compare Bush to Hitler?

Gee, do you think?

Answer the question. Would you or you not compare Bush to Hitler?
Major ViperOverLord

Postby King Doctor on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:40 am

ViperOverLord wrote:Answer the question. Would you or you not compare Bush to Hitler?

I would not. I think that people who compare other people to Hitler are idiots.

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:45 am

King Doctor wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:Answer the question. Would you or you not compare Bush to Hitler?

I would not. I think that people who compare other people to Hitler are idiots.

Yea there's no need to think history would ever repeat.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby King Doctor on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:59 am

ViperOverLord wrote:Yea there's no need to think history would ever repeat.

Are you suggesting that you think Obama is likely to replicate the actions of Hitler?

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:29 am

Look! It clearly has a "T" in it for "TEA PARTY"!
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby pimpdave on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:00 am

Tea Bagger Does An Awful Impression of His Idea of Stereotypical Mexicans

If you make it through the entire thing, you're a more committed time-waster than me.

Last edited by pimpdave on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AAFitz on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 am

bradleybadly wrote:Well said, greekdog. (last post on that page) Though I'm actually surprised to hear you say all that when you so easily threw the race card against your opposition when discussing illegal immigration. That being said, it's ridiculous to paint this broad brush of the tea party as racist when people like Allen West are invited to speak at their events. Tim Scott would be another guy right off the top of my head. So I guess West & Scott are being racist against themselves? Oh I know, they're just "props" and part of a conspiracy to get us to deflect attention away from all the racism.

Also, the fact that the tea party people are also pissed off at the Republicans and not just the Democrats is hardly ever mentioned. I mean, am I the only one that sees these polls which say that people who are pissed off at Obama hate Republicans even worse, and that people who are going to vote the Democrats out of office in November are doing so more as a vote against Nancy Pelosi than a love affair with John Boehner?

Well, any reasonable person understands there is no way all people in a group such as this would be racist. No doubt the few ruin it for the many. However, by defending those who clearly are racist, it has ruined the entire image of the group.

If more attention has been given to the tea parties hatred of Obama, than republicans, it is probably because they have given more attention to that fact. Bush was in office for 8 years. He turned a surplus into a deficit. He gave tax cuts to 3% of our population, and made the remaining 97% foot the bill for it. Now, Obama has taken office, in the chaos of which he had no real hand in making, and instead of trying to help those 3% at the top, is actively trying to help those affected by those previous taxation policies.

I myself actually, disagree with some of the policies, and I disagree with them for the same reasons as I disagreed with Bushes.

Taxation should be goal oriented. The goal should be to make the country better for most of its population, without unfairly punishing any one part of it. Further, people must have an environment of opportunity to improve, or human nature itself will stagnate people in those environments, necessarily.

I myself, see no real reason why there should be any kind of economic depression whatsoever. The world has all the same needs, all the same wants, and all the same people as it did years ago, +/- of course. The only difference now however, is where the money is. Its not that the money and resources arent there.

There are plenty of people who want to work. They worked right up until there was no more work to do, for their entire lives. They paid their taxes, and unemployment insurance for their entire lives, hoping never to need the protection they were paying for. There are no doubt some that dont want to work, but most do, even if they temporarily get discouraged by losing their jobs.

We have enough need. We have plenty that want food, products, and services in the world. All people need and want things. They just cant find a way to provide them. Why? Because the resources to allow them to provide such things are all at the top of the ladder. They do not trickle down. Its an insane theory. The more you give one person, the more they will keep for themselves, and the less will trickle down. The more they have, the less they need, the less they spend.

If you give $100 to someone who has nothing, that $100 gets spent, and likely to the people around him.
If you give $100 to someone who has enough, it will probably get spent.
If you give $100 to someone who has an over abundance, its very likely it will not get spent.
If you give $100 to someone who has everything, its near impossible to think it will get spent.

If you then give $100 to 100 people it all gets spent, and likely on people around him, who have near nothing as well.
If you instead give $100000 to someone who does not really need it, or need anything it can buy, it may get spent, but it is much less likely that it will be. That 100000 is then out of the system, or at least more of it is.

In this way, the resources get skimmed, there is less to go around, and at the lower end of the spectrum things dry up, which is exactly what has happened.

Capitalism cannot based on trickle down policies. Its quite simply counter-intuitive to think it is. It is a trickle up economy. The key to any policies, is to not stifle investment and spending or growth at the top, but also, at the same time, not allow all of the resources to be spent on their needs, which really is what happens with our tax dollars.

At the same time, we cannot simply give out money to people who could otherwise make it for themselves. Many people have drive enough to work for what they want, but basic human tendency will be to work a little less, if they can find an easier way to get the same things. It is at once the reason for our success, and at the same time, what sometimes leads to our failure.

Again, the point is, there is no need for a depression. Its all perception. Nothing has really changed fundamentally. We have plenty of people willing to work. Plenty of people who need things. Plenty of people who want things. We simply need the opportunities and the investment of resources which help foster those environments.

Unfortunately, the tea party, which no doubt includes many members that understand this, is overshadowed by the many, perhaps more outspoken one, that really have become afraid, and angry, and are lashing out at the person who is in office right now, and against those, who ironically, have already suffered from the same exact policies, they themselves are fundamentally against. And unfortunately, it is this divide and fighting among the two groups, who should really be united, against the real group that has enabled this to happen. Also unfortunately, it does not seem as though it will end any time soon, unless of course, we all lose even more, and the reality is just a little more obvious to all of us.
Too much. I know.

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:57 am

AAFitz wrote:Well, any reasonable person understands there is no way all people in a group such as this would be racist. No doubt the few ruin it for the many. However, by defending those who clearly are racist, it has ruined the entire image of the group.

I don't think anyone (with perhaps some limited exceptions) is defending the racists that come to Tea Party events. You may be mistaking the arguments the Tea Party members (and I) are making. We're simply pointing out that the NAACP and the media who reports on racism in the Tea Party are doing it purely for either sensationalistic journalism or to marginalize and relegate the Tea Party movement. I believe, as you do, that reasonable people understand that the Tea Party movement does not include "tens of thousands of racists" (that according to at least one CNN correspondent and the leader of the NAACP). So, the question that we ask ourselves is "why do people say the Tea Party movement includes tens of thousands of racists." And the answer is to marginalize the Tea Party or to provide salacious news stories. So, I argue against those by saying - (1) the real issue is that you won't try to beat us on the substantive issues (yet), so you attack the group on a pumped up charge of racism and (2) if you're going to attack us for being racist, here are some other racist organizations you can spend your time on as well.

AAFitz wrote:If more attention has been given to the tea parties hatred of Obama, than republicans, it is probably because they have given more attention to that fact. Bush was in office for 8 years. He turned a surplus into a deficit. He gave tax cuts to 3% of our population, and made the remaining 97% foot the bill for it. Now, Obama has taken office, in the chaos of which he had no real hand in making, and instead of trying to help those 3% at the top, is actively trying to help those affected by those previous taxation policies.

President Obama and the currently Democratic Congress are being "attacked" more prevalantly because they are currently the groups that hold the reigns of the federal government. President Bush and the formerly Democratic Congress are not being "attacked" because they are not currently in power. Also, as an aside, Bush did not give tax cuts to the top 3%... he gave tax cuts to everyone. Perhaps you're confused by the current debate which is whether to let all of the tax cuts lapse, renew all of the tax cuts, or to renew the tax cuts for the non-rich only. I would be happy with either of the latter options. I understand that the Democrats are saying they want the last option, but are apparently getting pressure from Republicans on the first option (which, as usual, does not make sense to me since the Democrats are fully in charge).

AAFitz wrote:If you give $100 to someone who has nothing, that $100 gets spent, and likely to the people around him.
If you give $100 to someone who has enough, it will probably get spent.
If you give $100 to someone who has an over abundance, its very likely it will not get spent.
If you give $100 to someone who has everything, its near impossible to think it will get spent.

This is a pretty simple example. However, I will say I agree with it to an extent. First, if you give that $100 to someone to spend on his or her business, the money will be spent on his or her business; that is why I support tax credits and incentives (President Obama agrees ostensibly because of his state of the union speech). I agree with you in the sense that if you give that money to someone personally, and that person has "everything" or "an over abundance" that person is more likely to not spend the money (although I would argue that the difference in spending habits between someone who has "everything" is incrementally small).

What I think has happened is that companies/individuals that make stuff (manufacturing companies, service companies) are becoming less and less of a driving force behind economic growth. Instead companies that merely move money around, i.e. banks and financial firms, have become the driving force. I believe that this is causing "fake" economic growth and when the fake economic growth is stymied (for whatever reason), we get the drop we got these past few years.

So, I agree that we need the investment in resources from a tangible perspective; not these sorts of derivative instruments that don't provide real, tangible value. I admittedly don't know enough about derivative instruments (or the financial sector) to indicate what the problems might be. But, as I may have mentioned before, Pedronicus posted a link to an excellent RSA cartoon whiteboard video showing what I think is the major problem with the current structure of the economy.

Maybe I should put it another way - If you give money to AIG, AIG is not going to build a factory or hire 2000 new employees; at most they will lend money to a company that will do this and AIG will invest the interest in derivatives and other items that do not create jobs or build infrastructure. If you give money directly to a company that will build a factor and create jobs, that cuts out the ineffective (and as we've seen since 2008... very dangerous) middle man. So, I didn't support the AIG bailout, I do support stricter regulations on financial institutions (mostly the breakup of large banks, not stricter financial regulations on credit card companies which I find unnecessary and political pandering).
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,