Conquer Club

Mosue Over to see preview of chosen game.

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mosue Over to see preview of chosen game.

Postby scottie on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:13 pm

I can't see if this enhancement has been requested but I'd hugely benefit from it. Sorry if it is a repeat request or way to difficult

Is it possible for you guys to program in a mouse over feature so then when I'm viewing my list of active games i could hover my mouse over (say the image of the map) and I have a pop up window of the current position of that map - would be even better if BOB data was incorporated. This feature would allow me to quickly get a feel for each of my games without having to click into each one.

When I currently mouse over the image of the map I currently get the name of the map - this is not very helpful as the name of the map is immediately above the map.

Thanks for considering, Scottie.
Sergeant 1st Class scottie

Re: Mosue Over to see preview of chosen game.

Postby chipv on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Yes this is possible. Only thing is which tool it best fits in. I had something like this in Turn Watch but that has been replaced with Speed Turns.
You might ask Foxglove if she'd like to add it to the excellent Game Link script perhaps. If not, I could add it to Speed Turns as an option.
Captain chipv

Postby Foxglove on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:35 pm

chipv wrote:Yes this is possible. Only thing is which tool it best fits in. I had something like this in Turn Watch but that has been replaced with Speed Turns.
You might ask Foxglove if she'd like to add it to the excellent Game Link script perhaps. If not, I could add it to Speed Turns as an option.

Maybe Speed Turns would be better, as it already gives so much useful info!

I think I'd like to keep Game Link more minimalist, and not add more stuff to it.

:)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Maybe we should merge some scripts and create an all-around CC helper tool with options on what to enable/disable?
Colonel Dako

Postby Foxglove on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Dako wrote:Maybe we should merge some scripts and create an all-around CC helper tool with options on what to enable/disable?

It's a great idea, and it would certainly make things easier for users.

And easier on script-writers too - we won't have to spend so much time debugging issues cause by script conflicts.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:37 pm

I would love to see chat-glove implemented into Speed Turns (I mean merged into something new) because checking the chat without accessing CC games would be an awesome improvement.
But we need more of a CC API for that.
Colonel Dako

Postby sherkaner on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Not sure if I like it, you'll have to come up with some structure to make it relatively easy to maintain it. And that's quite hard to do.
And both BOB and CM are quite large already..

But my thoughts have wondered in this direction before, so maybe we could do that.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Dako on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:31 am

BOB and CM will stay as they are. We are talking about notifiers and helpers only.
Colonel Dako

Return to Tools Suggestions