D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:15 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Point of Order, what happened to that big muscled thug that worked for Cackle? Will he be accompanying Cackle?


Oh yeah, forgot about old Brem the Thug...of course, Brem will go with Cackle...Cackle wouldn't have it any other way (unless, of course, if someone can change Bremm's mind into going along on the Ship instead?).

So here is how the company is split:

SHIP-Gorlan, Mr.Urlag, Firnam, Gregor

ARTIFACT-Sheyla,Cackle, Brem, Cheezus, Alastair, Maximus
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:27 pm

DM wrote:The party retired for the evening and are resting comfortably. It has been a while for the companions to enjoy a restful evening. The night is clear and quiet and the only sound is of an owl just outside the window.

Then, suddenly, the owl stops hooing, and there is a sharp rap on the window of the inn.

Then, another...is that a rock being thrown at the window?
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Alastair rises, casts Light and moves to the window.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby jrl332005 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Gregor awakens, but stays still in bed in case it is nothing.
User avatar
Private 1st Class jrl332005
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: PA, United States
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:32 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Alastair rises, casts Light and moves to the window.

DM wrote:Alastair the Wizard awakens and immediately waves his hand and a magical bright light appears in the room. Alastair moves towards the window and peers outside to see who or what is throwing rocks at the window.

Outside, Alastair sees the young boy that was trying to steal Firnam's gold purse earlier during the day.

"Hmm, I wonder what this young lad wants?"Alastair asks himself.

Alastair opens the window and calls down to the boy,"Jett! Do you know what time it is?"

"It's most likely a few hours before sunrise, good Wizard."Jett replies quietly. "I have some news for Sheyla. Is she there?"

Alastair quickly awakens Sheyla and tells her of the boy at the window. Sheyla peers out the window at Jett and says,"What news do you have, Jett?"

"The Dark Dragon man you are looking for has been spotted going off into the forests of Fyrsdane. Rumor has it he is heading towards Norule Keep...but he is alone."

Sheyla quickly awakens the rest of the company,"Thank you, Jett! Here is a little something to help you for the day!" Sheyla flips him another gold piece.

"Thanks, Sheyla!"Jett replies,"I will make sure that I can help you in anyway that I can!"

And then Jett tries to disappear back into the shadows of the city only to be grasped by Kurt Velhoff the Fyrsdane Guard Sergeant. Kurt grabs the young boy harshly by the arm.

"Well, well, well...what do we have here? A little thief?"

"Let me go!" Jett screams at the Sergeant.

"Oh, I will, little one. You have given our adventuring party information enough i think." Kurt quickly motions to a small company of guards and gives them orders,"Go out into the forest, and catch this DARK DRAGON!"

"Do not hurt him!" Sheyla yells down at the Sergeant.

"Oh, I would not think of it, My Lady,"and Kurt lets go of the boys arm and Jett runs away back into the shadows of the city. "Now, if your party doesn't mind, perhaps we should be on our way this morning and find if we can capture this Dark Dragon fellow and make our way to Norule Keep? What say you?"
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby slowreactor on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:30 am

Firnam calls for the boy to wait a moment, then talks to him, trying to relate to him with his past experience on the streets, hoping to get any more useful information for the trip ahead.
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Alastair is ready to go.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Jace22 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 pm

same with Maximus
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:51 pm

DM wrote:As the street child runs away, Firnam hurries down the stairs after him. Meanwhile, the rest of the group seems to be alright with the company of the Sergeant and his men, except for Cackle who doesn't particularly like authority.

As the Sergeant asks for compliance from the adventurers, Cackle can't help himself to pull out a sling stone and throw it at the Sergeant's head.


[Cackle Sling Attack +7 vs Sergeant's AC 17 = ROLL 13 MISS]
DM wrote:Cackle's sling stone just falls short of hitting the Sergeant and a small cloud of dust puffs up in front of his soldier's boots.

"Well...is that your answer? You do understand that any attack on me will warrant an immediate issuance for your heads?"the Sergeant says with a heavy glare.

Sheyla turns around and slaps Cackle in the face,"What in the 9 Gates of Baator do you think you are doing? You are risking putting us all into the hangman's noose! We need all the help we can get on this quest...do you understand?"

Cackle remains silent...Shelya asks again,"Do you understand?"

This time Maximus steps up and stares at Cackle,"Well, thief? If you would like, we could hand you over to the guards right now...only after I rip off both your arms!"

The Sergeant remains upset over the apparent attack, and is debating on whether or not he should have the whole lot arrested and executed for insolence against the King's Guard.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DM wrote:Firnam catches up to Jett in an alley. He is a bit out of breath, as the boy is quicker than he thought.

"Wait! Jett, Wait!"Firnam calls to the child.

Jett stops and listens to what Firnam has to say.

"Have you seen anything else, Jett that we should know about?"Firnam asks the street child.

"All I know is that we have seen the Dark Dragon heading off into the forest alone, I can take you to the exact spot that I seen him leave the city if you want?"
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby slowreactor on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 am

Firnam takes a quick look back, and decides to go with the child. This is crucial information and cannot be passed by that easily.


BTW I'm going out of town later today, and I won't be back until Tuesday night, so please just put me on auto until then. Thanks :)
Colonel slowreactor
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:56 am

"Sorry sir, Cackle here just seems to be a bit rough around the edges. We'll make sure he's on his best behavior from now on."
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:10 pm

safariguy5 wrote:"Sorry sir, Cackle here just seems to be a bit rough around the edges. We'll make sure he's on his best behavior from now on."

[Alastair Diplomacy +7 vs Sergeant's DC 20=ROLL 24 SUCCESS]
DM wrote:Alastair the Wizard talks with the Sergeant of the Guard and reassures him that all things are under control. The wizard's diplomatic skills are good enough to convince the Sergeant members of the party can be quite irritable when awoken this early in the morning and not to take any offense to objections, after all, Alastair reiterates that the Sergeant was never hit by Cackle's rock and that it was all just for show and nothing more.

The Sergeant listens to the wizard and decides to let it all blow over, although the Sergeant will keep a watchful eye on Cackle from now on just to make sure there is no more trouble.

Meanwhile, Firnam has found the area in which Dark Dragon has fled into the forest, most probably he is heading towards Norule Keep with the Warlock's Book and to find the artifact of power.

"The street boy has shown me where he had seen Dark Dragon pass into the Forest. If you start there, you should be able to track him down. I am pretty good at tracking, but I need to leave with Gorlan to find Sheyla's father. We should be heading out soon. Hopefully any of you that are also good at tracking can help out." Firnam states to the rest of the party.

"Show me where this area is, Firnam. My guards are excellent trackers and we should be able to hunt him down in a matter of days."the Sergeant says to Firnam with confidence.

Meanwhile, Gorlan and his party prepare to head for the harbor to search for a ship to chase down the Wytch Runners that kidnapped Sheyla's Father.

Gorlan and his party all say goodbye and wish they could help out, but they know that their mission is also important. Gorlan heads out towards the Harbor.

Okay, I am making another D&D thread for the ship voyage. This will be a subquest that is separate from this one.

So, Gorlan, Gregor, and Firnam will post in the other thread from now on, until the quest comes back together...if it ever does.

DM wrote:The Sergeant and his guards begin to look for tracks and clues that will lead to the capture of Dark Dragon, however, Cheezus can tell that these men know nothing about tracking and are probably destroying helpful evidence of Dark Dragon's passing. Although it is nice to have a heavy number of people to join the party, it could possibly act as a hindrance out in the wilds.

"Has anyone found anything yet!"The Sergeant asks forcefully with a bit of frustration in his voice,"Can anyone, please find a trace of any tracks that will lead us to our quarry?"
Last edited by CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Bye guys.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Quirk on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:29 am

Cheezus attempts to aid in the search for tracks.
Image
"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
User avatar
Major Quirk
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:50 am

I once again cast Light to try and illuminate the shadows.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:23 am

DM wrote:Well, it seems we will not be able to take our horses through the forest while we are tracking this Dark Dragon."the Sergeant orders all the horses to be taken to the stables and that a smaller group of soldiers enter into the forest. "Here, take our horses back to the livery and stay on alert here in the city. I will take five men with me to track down this Dark Dragon!"

The Sergeant points at five men, and gives them orders to start looking for tracks into the forest, meanwhile Cheezus the Elf has already begun his search.

[Cheezus Perception +5 vs DC 17 = ROLL 17, SUCCESS]
DM wrote:"We are in luck, it seems that Dark Dragon must have thought he left the city unobserved and is not covering his tracks at all,"Cheezus points at a broken twig on the forest floor where a boot had stepped on it. Cheezus points out in the direction Dark Dragon has traveled and immediately the Sergeant gives a hand signal to his men to spread out and begin to flank their quarry.

Cheezus silently walks through the forest, as if the forest seems to know his every step. Alastair can't help but notice that Cheezus barely leaves any trace of his own passing and that plants and branches seem to move out of his way of their own volition. ~It must be those Warlock boots that Sheyla gave him.~Alastair thinks to himself.

The company tracks Dark Dragon for about five hours deep into the forest, then there is the sound of fighting up ahead and out of view. The men that the Sergeant sent to flank must have found something. You can hear the clang of steel on steel and cursing. Then a scream from one of the men.

"Grab him! Grab him!"the Sergeant orders,"I want him alive!"

Suddenly the company hears a scuffle and the sound of soft bodies thudding against the forest floor.

"We got him!"yells back one of the guards.

"Good work, men! Bring him to me"

As the guards appear from the foliage, they have a masked man tied up and bring him directly to the Sergeant.

"Well it seems the rabbit doesn't get far from the wolves, don't you agree...Dark Dragon?"

As the Sergeant speaks those words he rips off the leather dragon mask from the Wytch Runner.

Click image to enlarge.
image


The man behind the mask is fairly handsome. He has short cropped black hair and his ears are slightly pointed showing a bit of Elven heritage, Alastair recognizes him immediately as being a Half-Elf. The man has a prominent scar under his eye that runs down his cheek.

"What is your name, Githarian?"the Sergeant questions.

"Well, since you have me within your power, I guess I can tell you my name. My name is Lancing Starburrow, but you are wrong in your presumption that I am a Githarian. I am no longer a Githarian as the Dreadlord Kannith looks to enslave the whole country to his dark whims. If the people knew what I knew about the Dreadlord, they would run as far away as possible from Githar."the Half-Elf informs the Sergeant.

"And what truth is that, Dark One?"the Sergeant questions again.

"That the Dreadlord has joined the Cult of the Dead...the followers of Orcus the Demon God."

Alastair quits breathing for a second at the mention of that name, as he knows full well that it was that cult that tried to summon Orcus into the world a thousand years ago. The Shadow Wars gave birth to all types of monstrosities in the world, but finally the Cult of Orcus was vanquished by a small force of warrior magic users from Tabor and Hellsblade, led by their mighty Warlock Master Knight, Asmodian Stormshadow.

"So you are saying that you have turned over a new leaf in life, because Kannith is following some stupid imaginary demon god?"

"No, I am saying I am leaving Githar in fear of my life and soul!"Dark Dragon responds.

Then one of the Sergeant's men throws the Sergeant a backpack. The Sergeant gropes through the pack and searches it thoroughly. In it, he finds a number of bottles with strange liquids and pouches full of unusual herbs. He finds a mortar and pestle.

"I would be careful with that, if I were you, Sergeant,"Dark Dragon warns,"Those are my mixing supplies for special occasions. You may want to wash your hands thoroughly before you partake of your evening meal."

The Sergeant looks at his fingers and wonders if that is just some dark joke coming from the Half-Elf, then the sergeant pulls out a leather padded bag. He unwraps it and inside is a book. The Sergeant looks at it and opens it, but can't read a word. The language is too arcane for the untrained to understand.

"This looks like a wizard's book! Here wizard, you read this!" The Sergeant tosses the book to Alastair.

Alastair the Wizard begins to read as if his mind were a hungry wolf that hadn't been fed in a week. A couple hours go by and Alastair is able to recognize a bit of what is going on.

"Well, it seems that this Ritual Book belonged to Asmodian Stormshadow, the Warlock Knight I told you about earlier. It seems that Asmodian had a number of portals of which he could travel anywhere in the world, and perhaps other planes of existence. He could travel from Hellsblade to Nyördand in a blink of an eye and back again. One of the portals is in Norule Keep, which is an abandoned tower left over from the Shadow Wars. The forest and briar are said to be impassable and deadly!"

"So what is in this Norule Keep?"the Sergeant asks.

Alastair responds,"Well, there is a very important artifact that must be used to enter the portals and unlock magically warded barriers. The item is called simply Asmodian's Key...what it is exactly it does not say, but it is safe to assume it would be a useful tool to a Wytch or a Warlock."Alastair glances over at Sheyla.

"Hmmm, well I fail to see any importance of this to the Kingdom of Fyrsdane, but I will help you get this item and any treasure that we acquire on the way, half must be given as tribute to King Fyrsdane!"

~Hmmpf! Is this guy crazy! Me?! Give up HALF!?! What if I just kill all these guys in their sleep? Nah, better not, I'm still gonna get my cut out of this deal, but I ain't given half to some King that ain't anywhere to be seen!~Cackle thinks to himself.

"The book also talks about a great weapon that was used to vanquish The Cult Of The Dead and some type of prison that keeps some type of foul demonic being trapped...you don't suppose Kannith wants to use the portals and the key to open that prison, do you?"Alastair looks a bit frightened of the thought, for he knows the true dangers of demonic power and what it can do.

"Well, let us get some sleep tonight, let's make camp. Keep Dark Dragon tied up, I don't trust him!"then the sergeant points at Cackle,"This one should be tied up too, in my opinion, but for now my men will keep watch tonight, especially on this thief."

One of the guardsmen has a sword wound across his ribs, and Cheezus tends to it with herbs and prayer. Soon, the wound is closed and the guardsmen feels much better and listens intently on Cheezus' stories about his goddess Melora.

The company soon falls asleep...as well as the night watch (oops!)

All is peaceful and then all of a sudden there is a howl, Maximus is awoken first.

"What the...Who in the Nine Hells is supposed to be keeping watch! Fools!"Maximus looks around and sees many shadows circling the camp. "We have been surrounded by wolves of some sort! Grab your weapons!"

The Sergeant wakes up to the commotion,"Yes..yes,"the Sergeant stutters in fright,"Grab your weapons and prepare for battle!" the Sergeant draws his sword, but doesn't advance. "I will stay here and protect our prisoner."

"You are just using that as an excuse to not have to risk your life and limb fighting whatever it is that is prowling out there,"Dark Dragon insightfully states,"You might be better to undo my bonds and give me my weapons back. The more men the better right now."

"Shutup, Dark Fool! I am not letting you go!"

Meanwhile, as the company begins to set up a perimeter, amidst the growling of wolves the company can hear voices in some gargle-like language.Sheyla recognizes it, as her Father taught her parts of that language in case she ever needed to use it; and Cackle knows that language well, as he had many a crooked dealing with these little vermin. GOBLINS!

At the outer edges of the perimeter, the company sees a number of Goblins with their pet attack wolves. They are ready to pounce on the party.


Image
Last edited by CreepersWiener on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:41 pm

Alastair again casts Light to try and get a better count on the number of enemies.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:07 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Alastair again casts Light to try and get a better count on the number of enemies.

DM wrote:Alastair casts a Light Spell to get a better look at the situation, only to wish he didn't see what he was seeing. A band of 12 or 13 Goblins along with about 9 pet attack wolves. Not good odds at all!

The Goblins have the party completely surrounded, and the one Goblin wearing skulls and feathers is barking out some type of commands.

Sheyla can just make out a few words. Something about only leave them alive if they give you everything they got...

The Sergeant seems scared of the situation, that makes his men a little nervous and their morale is not that high.

What should the party do?


Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:59 pm

"We need every man we can! Cut the Dark Dragon loose and we'll settle the differences once these things are dead!"
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:15 am

safariguy5 wrote:"We need every man we can! Cut the Dark Dragon loose and we'll settle the differences once these things are dead!"

[Alastair Diplomacy +7 vs Sergeant's Arrogance DC 25= ROLL 10 Fail]

DM wrote:As the Wizard pleads with the Sergeant of the Guard to release Dark Dragon, the arrogant Sergeant says,"I will not release the prisoner! He is too dangerous AND too valuable to risk letting go! We have ample men and weapons to take care of the threat! Now cast a spell Wizard, before we all die! And remember...I am leader here! Men...READY YOURSELVES! HOLD YOUR GROUND UNTIL THEY PROVE THEIR INTENT!"

The Guardsmen unsheathe their swords and prepare themselves for battle...

Meanwhile, Sheyla is trying to speak to the Goblins in their own tongue,"We are only passersby. Please, green ones, do not harm us, what is it that you want?"

The Goblin wearing Skulls, bones, and feathers steps forward and everything is quiet. His skin is a yellowish green and he holds a bone that has strange markings on it. The Goblin Shaman says to Sheyla,"Bah, little girl speaks Goblin? Tell your friends give all you have...you trespass here, this Goblin forest! We take all. All food, all gold, all weapons...it is owed to us! Tell friends to do, or die!"

Sheyla relays the message to the Sergeant and his men, the guardsmen look fearful now.

The Sergeant replies,"The King's Guard does not surrender nor kowtow to Goblin scum! We attack now!"

The Sergeant gives the order and his men go on the offensive and advance towards the nearest wolves and Goblins.

"Now, the rest of you! Fight for your lives and give these Goblins your cold steel! ATTACK!"

"You had better rethink releasing me, Sergeant,"Dark Dragon says calmly,"Your men will probably all die soon. I don't want to die, therefore, I am forced to help you for now. Give me back my weapons and mask, and I will show you what a WytchRunner can do in battle!"

The Sergeant smites the HalfElf on his scarred cheek with the hilt of his sword, the scar is hardened enough that Dark Dragon barely flinches and flashes a sly smirk back at the Sergeant,"Silence, Dark Scum! I am the leader! I give the orders! Do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand..."Dark Dragon replies,"that you are going to die." He states under his breath.


It seems the Sergeant has spoiled any chance at negotiations with the Goblins and you cannot avoid the battle now. Intiative order is coming soon, there will be no Surprise Round as Maximus was alert enough to warn the camp beforehand.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:26 am

Intiative Order:

1. Goblin Minions
2. Wolves
3. Maximus
4. Guardsmen
5. BlackBlade Goblin
6. Warrior Goblin
7. Sergeant
8. Cheezus
9. Cackle
10. Dark Dragon
11. SharpShooter Goblins
12. Brem
13. Hexer Goblin
14. Sheyla
15. Alastair

The Goblin Minions and Wolves have moved into position. Wolves try to move in packs and surround their prey, Goblins tend to hop around.

The first Goblin attacks Maximus for 4Hp damage and Maximus responds with his FirePulse racial power and hits the Goblin.

The next Goblin attacks Cheezus and misses.

The two other Goblins in position attack two guards and hit one guard and miss the other.

The Wolves attack the guards they have surrounded and hit all three, two of which are knocked prone to the ground.

DM wrote:The Shaman Goblin yells at the Goblins to kill everybody and take everything. The Goblins move quickly into action, jumping into battle.

The first little Goblin jumps at Maximus and pokes him with a short sword. The sword cuts a line into Maximus' thigh, and the little thing begins to laugh with a high pitched irritating voice.

Maximus' instinctively responds to the Goblin's attack with a fiery backlash from the back of his fist. Elemental fire surges through his veins and ingnites his flesh in a sudden flash of flame and heat. Maximus swipes at the Goblin with his fist and hits the creature squarely in the chest, scorching its flesh and breaking bones at the same time. The Goblin flies through the air and lands on the ground with a thud. The Goblins dead body slides in the dust for a couple more feet while its carcass smolders and its flesh blackens and crackles with primal fire.

As Cheezus prepares his prayers to his Goddess, a Goblin rushes him and slices at his knees. Cheezus' Elven quickness proves to be too fast for the Goblin, and the Cleric moves out of the way. The little Goblin curses in its own tongue and kicks a cloud of dust in disgust.

Another Goblin sticks one of the Guards in the side, luckily the Guardsman's armor protected him from the majority of the blow, and is able to shake off the small wound.

The Wolves follow their little masters into battle and begin to surround guardsmen. The Guardsmen try to defend themselves the best they can, but the wolf pack is proving to be too much for them.

One Guard is bitten on the forearm and he is trying to get free, while the other two are jumped upon and knocked to the ground. The wolves are ganging up on them to try to tear them apart! Cries for help are heard from the two guards on the ground.

"Are you sure you don't want to rethink your decision, Sergeant?"Dark Dragon asks the Sergeant of the Guard again.

"Be quiet, you insolent worm!"the Sergeant yells at Dark Dragon and then kicks him in the ribs.


Click image to enlarge.
image


Maximus is next up to declare actions
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Quirk on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:10 am

I've been working all night and I'm about to get some rest. So if my turn comes up:

Cheezus uses his bow even at close range. He would like to shoot at one of the wolves but if the minion that attacked him still poses a threat he will fire at him.
Image
"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
User avatar
Major Quirk
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:43 am

Quirk wrote:I've been working all night and I'm about to get some rest. So if my turn comes up:

Cheezus uses his bow even at close range. He would like to shoot at one of the wolves but if the minion that attacked him still poses a threat he will fire at him.

Keep in mind that your plan of action may change during the course of the battle...this will be a long one it looks like.

Also, keep in mind that your character has the Warlock's Boots and is unaffected by Forest Terrain of all sorts...

Maximus still needs to declare his actions.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby Jace22 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:28 am

Maximus takes a 5 foot step into flanking position and attack the wolf he flanks
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Jace22 wrote:Maximus takes a 5 foot step into flanking position and attack the wolf he flanks

Okay, ConquerClub just crashed right in the middle of me writing out events and rolling to hits! So I am just going from memory here, sorry.

Maximus Hit Wolf
Guardsmen, Hit, Miss, Hit, Hit, Miss
Blackblade Goblin moves into position towards Maximus
Warrior throws Javelin at Guardsmen and misses
Sergeant Kurt doesn't do anything
Cheezus Fires an arrow at closest wolf and hits, while Goblin attacks again and misses.

DM wrote:Maximus swipes his Great Sword at the wolf that is closest to him. The attack gives the Guardsmen time to get up and defend himself. The Wolf receives a massive wound in its side from Maximus' sword and then it receives a stabbing wound in its hind quarters. The wolf yelps but is still fighting!

Meanwhile one of the Sneaky Goblins moves forward. He seems to be eying Maximus' position, but he is quite stealthy in his movements and is being unobserved for the most part as Maximus battles the wolves he is adjacent to.

Then, a proud looking goblin wearing a wolf skin head piece, throws a simple spear at one of the guards. The spear glances just in front of the guardsman's foot. The Guard looks the Goblin's way, but remains in the fight with the wolves at the moment.

Kurt Velhoff, The Sergeant of the Kings Guard, just stands there as if he is just waiting for something to come at him. His eyes are wide open and his cowardly actions are irritating to some of the party...especially to Dark Dragon, who would like nothing more than to be let loose and punch this guy in the face!

As a Goblin attacks Cheezus, Cheezus easily jumps out of the way, while at the same time he knocks his bow with an Elven arrow and fires it at a wolf just feet away from him.

He hits the wolf squarely in its hind quarters and the wolf yelps nipping at its back leg. The Goblin uses Cheezus' distraction as an opportunity to attack, but Cheezus again proves too alert and prances easily out of the way of the Goblin's sword strike.


Cackle is next to take an action.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
User avatar
Sergeant CreepersWiener
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:22 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login