Conquer Club

D&D SubQuest:The Warlock's Rescue (Not Recruiting)

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

D&D SubQuest:The Warlock's Rescue (Not Recruiting)

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:22 pm

This adventure is not recruiting. Please refrain from posting in this thread unless you are on the current Recruited List of Players. If you would like to play in this quest, please PM me and I will see if I can find an opening for you.

Players in this Subquest:

Gorlan-jonesthecurl
Firnam-slowreactor
Gregor-jrl332005

DM wrote:Gorlan, Mr.Urlag, Gregor, and Firnam head immediately to the harbor in search of any clues to the whereabouts of Sheyla's Father. Gorlan is hopeful that a certain ship captain can help them.

As the party walks into the harbor, a band of six sea ruffians approach them.

"Hey, gots ye any gold?"one ruffian asks Gorlan with rotten teeth and his dirty palm held out. The other ruffians have clubs in their hands, slapping them against their palms in an act of intimidation.
Last edited by CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Re: D&D SubQuest:The Warlock's Rescue (Not Recruiting)

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:15 pm

"NO.Got any teeth?"

Making no threatening moves at all, just looking at 'em.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 am

jonesthecurl wrote:"NO.Got any teeth?"

Making no threatening moves at all, just looking at 'em.

DM wrote:"What do we have here?"The Rotten Toothed Ruffian walks around Gorlan and looks him up an down and sniffs the air like he is smelling flowers,"It seems to me we have ourselves a pretty. Those are nice clothes there, pretty...do you mind if I borrow 'dem. It seems me and the girls have a ball to go to and we have nothing to wear! Hah Hah Hah!"

The Rotten Toothed Ruffian smells like sweat, grime, and alcohol...probably hadn't had a bath for a month or better. His whiskers are unkempt and his face looks like tanned leather from seeing a spot too much sun. The rest of the Ruffians laugh at the Rotten Tooth's joke. Then, before any more trouble occurs, a booming deep voice yells at the Ruffians.

"Shetook argrum fyrgk!"--Gorlan is the only one that understands those words: Get your arses back on deck!

Immediately the Ruffians head back to their ship, but the Rotten Toothed Ruffian gives Gorlan one last spiteful glance and then winks and tauntingly puckers his lips and kisses the air,"I'll see you later, Pretty..." The Rotten Toothed Ruffian turns and heads back to ship with the rest of the crew.

As the Ruffians leave, the company sees a barrel chested Dwarf with a Battle Axe strapped to his back, he walks up to the company with a noticeable limp (though it does not seem to slow him down) and sees Gorlan standing there. The square-jawed Dwarf walks up to Gorlan and speaks Dwarvish.

"Gorlan, me Boy! What brings ye back to thee Sea Axe?"
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:56 am

"Hail, old friend! I have come to teach your crew some manners, should they require it."
..."-and we are on a sort of quest..."

Gorlan explains.
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:15 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:"Hail, old friend! I have come to teach your crew some manners, should they require it."
..."-and we are on a sort of quest..."

Gorlan explains.

DM wrote:Hmmm, I see. So ye come back to the Ol' Sea Axe lookin' for a free ride? HA! You and your party will work for your passage, you are in luck, I am heading for Githar within the next few hours. If you don't mind swabbing a deck and tending sails, you are more than welcome to come along. If you have a few gold...say 5 gold per head...that should help out with extra food for ye all! Come now, Gorlan me boy! Let's get ourselves ready!" Rothryn hobbles towards the deck of his ship and starts shouting orders in old Dwarvish. Every crew member can speak Dwarvish, Rothryn had made sure of that.

"Wait,"Rothryn stops, and sniffs the air,"What is that smell???"

Gorlan and the party look around and do not understand what precisely is going on. Suddenly, Rothryn spins around on his heel, quite quick for one that is supposed to be lame in the leg.

"You!"Rothryn pulls out his battle axe and points the blade at Gregor the Half-Orc,"What is THAT doing coming aboard me ship???? I should slice ye in half for being within 50 paces of me, Orc Blood! That THING is not coming aboard me ship!"Rothryn speaks angrily and at the moment...everyone is quiet.

Well, it seems that's it...you guys will have to turn back around and go find the other guys....LOL! Unless somebody can persuade Rothryn to let a HalfOrc on board his ship.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:26 pm

I will sing him a song of Gregor's heroic exploits.
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby slowreactor on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 pm

If nothing else works, I can try to sneak everyone on board later.
Colonel slowreactor

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:26 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:I will sing him a song of Gregor's heroic exploits.

Gorlan makes a Diplomacy Skill Check to persuade Rothryn to accept Gregor for this voyage and SUCCEEDS
DM wrote:Rothryn listens to Gorlan's song about his friend Gregor Tombs, the Brave HalfOrc who saved the lives of his compatriots by risking his own against a thousand Kobolds! Then Gorlan tells the tale of Gregor's amazing drinking ability and how he is fond of Dwarven Ale and is friendly to all but his dire enemies. With that Rothryn laughs at the story being told him, but then...Gorlan sings the song of Gregor's birth in the faraway lands of Warsreach. How his mother, beautiful and fair, was grabbed by her village by an Orc Chieftan and horribly raped and left to die, if not for the kindness of wandering Dwarven Clerics of the Godspeak Mountains and how King Deepwalker of the Gold Dwarf clans kept her safe in his own wondrous Iron Halls of Mithril and Gold. With that final story, a tear falls from Rothryn's eye and he puts his axe back.

"Come now, I forget me manners sometimes...I have seen me fill of Orcish scum and I apologize for jumping to any conclusions," Rothryn quickly admonishes his own actions and word. "I should have known better that me boy, Gorlan, would'na brought harm to me ship and me own door. Come, let's be on our way!"

Rothryn boards the Sea Axe and begins yelling orders in his Dwarven tongue. The ship is crewed by 20 souls, some of which do not look at all trustworthy, to say the least. The Rotten Toothed Ruffian and his thuggish band of Sea Brutes get to work all the while keeping an eye on Gorlan and Company, and whispering amongst themselves.

Rothryn brings Gorlan and his friends up to the bridge, and at the helm stands a striking sight. A slender, ebony-skinned, bald headed female DarkElf. Her body is slim and athletic, while her curves give play to a man's senses and imaginations. She wears an eye patch on her left eye and a scar can just be seen protruding from underneath her eye patch. Her midnight ebony skin has faint white slash marks...healed scars from numerous wounds, but from what was anyone's guess. The scabbards on her hips hold a slender Rapier and a Parrying Dagger. She also carries a small hand crossbow.

"Gorlan, me boy, let me introduce ye to me first mate, T'rissarra Do'mtor. She has sailed with me for nigh 5 years now, and she is as good a shipmate as a captain could want."

"Well,I do take compliments well, Captain,"T'rissarra walks towards Gorlan and Firnam with her hand out in greeting and says,"You may call me Triss for short."

Firnam looks the DarkElf over, and wonders to himself how she came to be here. DarkElves are well known for their cunning and trickery, not at all would anyone have guessed that one would be found on a sailing vessel.

"Al'waal jyord fyr, Aban T'rissarra,"Firnam speaks in Elvish and shakes the DarkElf's hand trying to get a better insight on what they might be dealing with here.

Meanwhile, Gregor is playing dice with some of the crew on deck and getting along quite well.

Triss raises an eyebrow and seems quite impressed by Firnam's grasp of the Elvish language and answers him in Elvish,"I see you can speak Elven, Sir Firnam. Not many humans can grasp the subtle nuances of the ancient Fey languages, although DarkElven is a different dialect...I will have to teach you a little while we sail towards your destination within the week."

"Alright, you Gilly Birds! Up and at 'em, or get the flyin' f*ck off o' me ship!"Rothryn scolds his crew and the men Gregor is playing dice with drop everything and begin untying ropes and getting the rigging ready for their journey. Gorlan can't help but laugh and think to himself that this is exactly how he remembers the days he had spent on the SeaAxe all those years ago as a young lad.

Soon, the Sea Axe is leaving port and Gorlan and Company are on their way in pursuit of the Githarian Bounty Hunters and to rescue Givran Darkwatcher.

As, the ship is steadily on her way, Gregor is back to playing dice and drinking Dwarven Ale with some of the crew again. As he seems to be winning the game, one of the crew begins to talk to him.

"Psst, buddy,"the man tries to get Gregor's attention. "We meet tonight to the galley at stern."

"Huh?"Gregor doesn't even understand what the man said.

"Towards the back o' the ship...you look like a strong bloke. We will need all the hands we can get!"

"Gregor no understand. Why me need to meet in back o' boat?"Gregor answers with a question.

"Tonight, we take over the ship. The Capt'n will have to either step down or die."the ruffian says.

"Oh, so Dwarf Captain no good then?"Gregor asks.

"Sheesh, we never get our fair share here, and some of us are sick of it,"the man answers.

They continue to play dice and drink more ale, but Gregor isn't quite sure what is going on.

Later that evening, Gregor meets up with the rest of his company and tells them of the conversation that just transpired.

What are you guys going to decide to do here? You can go to the Stern Galley if you want to help the Ruffians overthrow the ship, otherwise you should declare some other type of action you will want to do right now.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby slowreactor on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Firnam, without revealing this information, talks to T'rissarra and asks her about some background information on the captain and her opinion of him. Hopefully the fact that he's getting along quite well with her can help him out in this.
Colonel slowreactor

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:30 pm

slowreactor wrote:
Firnam, without revealing this information, talks to T'rissarra and asks her about some background information on the captain and her opinion of him. Hopefully the fact that he's getting along quite well with her can help him out in this.

DM wrote:Triss pulls out a bottle of Drow Spiced Wine, and poors a couple small glasses and offers one to Firnam before she talks...

Does Firnam want some Drow Spiced Wine
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby slowreactor on Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:39 am

Firnam does a skill check to see if he can tell if anything has been put into the wine. If its clean, he'll accept and drink it.
Colonel slowreactor

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:19 am

I apologize for this weekend, but my internet is out and I am typing this at work. I won't be able to get your game started back up until this coming weekend hopefully. Sorry.

CreepersWiener
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 pm

I get a good singsong going ab out Duty and Loyalty and how a famous mutineer met a shameful end.

My friend Rothryn knows the song well - and the circumstances in which I last sang it.

It's both a warning to him and an appeal to the mutinous crew.
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:12 pm

slowreactor wrote:Firnam does a skill check to see if he can tell if anything has been put into the wine. If its clean, he'll accept and drink it.

Firnam did not notice anything unusual, and it seems Triss is drinking her wine already...
DM wrote:T'riss smiles at Firnam as she sips her wine, and then notices how hesitant Firnam is in drinking his glass,"Firnam,"she speaks in Elvish,"do you really think I poison everyone I first meet? I am honored that you are so cautious of me, as well you should be."She can't help but laugh at Firnam's over observance.

Firnam sips his wine. It is vaguely sweet and a bit dry, and a warmth immediately begins to take over. Also, it seems that colors in the room have become brighter and as T'riss moves through her cabin, she leaves a faint trail of light behind her...undoubtedly the effects of Drow Spiced Wine, and this proves to be Firnam's first experience with the drink.

"Tell, me, T'riss,"Firnam begins to speak,"what is the history of this ship's captain and how did you come to be his first mate?"

T'rissarra takes another sip of her wine and falls silent in recollection and then speaks,"Well, young scoundrel, from what I've been told by Captain Anvilheart himself is that he started sailing 50 years ago as a young orphaned Dwarf whose mother died giving birth to him and his father died in battle with Orcs. His bravery in battle and in life remains unmatched, as the majority of Dwarves have an apprehension for water and the sea, Rothryn decided to overcome his fear of the ocean and serve as a deck hand for Captain Aldraeus Suddenstorm...an infamous Eladrin pirate from the City of Thieves, also known as Luskan."

~Luskan?~Firnam thinks to himself~That's where Gregor is from!~

T'riss pauses for a moment and finishes her last sip of wine and begins to pour herself another glass. Then stops while pouring, and peers over her shoulder at Firnam and asks,"Would you like another glass, my friend?"

Firnam makes another perception check to detect any foul play...the wine has interfered a bit with his perceptions, but he doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

DM wrote:"Yes, please,"Firnam says and hands T'riss his glass and she fills it up again.

"Very, well...now where was I?"T'riss pauses for a moment as if to remember where she left off and then with a sly smile, begins her story again,"Oh, yes...the Captain was a ship hand with Aldraeus Suddenstorm, an Eladrin MoonElf Sea Captain. Who, by the way, still sails these seas from Luskan to Githar carrying slaves. A most disreputable slave trader, but smart as a whip! Your Captain Anvilheart left his services as he could not stand the thought of slavery, as most Dwarves think of themselves as being free and proud. One evening while the crew was asleep, Anvilheart took it upon himself to set all the slaves free on Aldraeus' ship. They fought and escaped in the night on all the life boats and they made it to Baskin's Bay. Here in Baskin's, the slaves that survived pledged loyalty to Rothryn and became his first crew, and they all worked together to build and purchase The Sea Axe."

By this time, the wine is starting to make objects in the room seem as if they were alive. A strange experience that Firnam had never had before with any other alcoholic beverage. It is wondrous at the same time frightful...almost like dreaming while still awake (or dying, but Firnam tries to not think of that).

"Ah, I see the effects of the wine are taking a toll on you, my friend,"T'riss observes and speaks with a calm, seductive voice,"Perhaps, you would enjoy your experience better lying down?"T'riss gently caresses the side of Firnam's cheek with the back of her hand. "You may lounge on these pillows while I finish my story."

Firnam lies upon purplish pillows. They are soft and the cloth is like silk but much smoother.

"It is Deep Spider Silk...if you were wondering."T'riss says.

"Huh? Wh-what?"Firnam is caught off guard a bit.

"The pillows...if you were wondering. Deep Spider Silk from my homeland in the Underdark. I do not venture there often, as Dark Elves can be quite ruthless amongst even eachother. I enjoy friendlier environments now. However, I do surround myself with a few keepsakes of my life deep beneath the earth. I would only visit there again, I would never call that dastardly dark abode my home."

Firnam listens with great focus as his body seems to be greatly relaxed, almost as if he has melted into the Deep Spider Silk pillows and has become one with the floor...with the room...with the ship!

"So, now I suppose you are wondering how I entered into all this?"T'riss asks.

Firnam only responds with a confirming shake of the head and a very relaxed,"Uh huhm..."He cannot quite make any words at the moment as his entire body is beginning to buzz with Drow Spiced Wine...and he only had TWO GLASSES! ~How on earth is she still standing and talking?~Firnam asks himself.

"Very well, young rogue, my story is simple enough nothing extrodinary,"T'riss begins her tale,"After Rothryn acquired his ship, I was the first mate of Aladreus' slave ship--Dark Hex. Of course, Rothryn knows nothing of this."

Firnam's eyes open wide as he cannot believe what he is being told to him.

"I see you are becoming quite agitated, my friend, you should just relax and enjoy your experience. No need to ruin the effects of Drow Spiced Wine. Ah, yes...you have never had Drow Spiced Wine before, have you?"T'riss can't help but giggle a bit,"Humans usually can't drink anymore than two glasses, I am surprised that you are even still conscious, I can see that you already can't move. That's a typical human response. Drows and Eladrin have to drink at least two or three bottles to obtain the effects you are going through right now. Dwarves can't be affected by Drow wine, but they would never drink it anyway, and Orcs and HalfOrcs tend to become more powerful after drinking it. But humans and other races all seem to become paralyzed and eventually doze off into a deep slumber...sometimes they even die!"T'riss moves in closely to Firnam's face and caresses his cheek again. Her eyepatch starts to look like a skull staring back at him, and T'riss' one good eye glows a crimson red in the dimly lit room.

"So, let me finish my story, dear Firnam,"T'riss starts up where she had left off,"You see, Rothryn had greatly humiliated my lover...Aldreus Suddenstorm the Captain of Dark Hex the Luskan Slaver Ship. So, he ordered me to infiltrate his crew and enter into a position of trust."T'riss removes her hand from Firnam's face as she starts to tell the truth behind her conspiracy and as she removes her caressing hand Firnam's body becomes ice cold and wanting of her touch again, even though Firnam knows her true motivations.

"I left Aldreus' company to live in Baskin's Bay. While there I began a relationship with some big, mean, human brute...I don't even remember the man's name. Oh well, it doesn't matter, as the only reason I became involved in that relationship was to be abused. And he abused me everyday we were together, but for a Drow Female...that is nothing new, we are use to that type of treatment, and anything that Human could dish out, a Drow Male would dish out a thousand times worse."

Firnam is now fully paralyzed and every word that is coming from T'rissarra echoes through the cabin. The sound of his own heartbeat he can hear in his head and all his senses have become numbingly static in nature.

"Anyway, as I was being beat by my boyfriend in full view of Captain Anvilheart, of course my situation would appeal to his better Dwarven nature. Rothryn rescued me quite easily and took me aboard his ship where I was tended to with the utmost care. I served on his ship and fought off pirates and proved my expertise at sea and at battle. I asserted myself into command and Rothryn made me his second in command."

Firnam still cannot believe that he was so easily suckered and that Rothryn needed to be warned...unfortunately, Firnam is unable to move or even speak for that matter.

"Now, the time has come. I have found loyalties on this ship and we are fashioning a mutiny this very evening, of which I am afraid, you will not be attending. It is better that I keep you and any of your friends dispatched at the moment. Oh...don't worry, my friend, I do not wish to kill you. You and your friends are much more valuable to me than gold! You will all make good slaves, and I will finally have command of my own ship!"

Firnam's vision begins to become dark around the edges as he struggles to keep himself conscious, but it is to no avail as darkness wins over and he passes out cold. The last thing he hears is T'riss telling him to sleep well...and then she ties his hands and legs to the bed with a thin line of Deep Spider Webbing.

Meanwhile, at the Captain's Galley, a deckhand runs in.

"Cap'n! Cap'n! Mutineers!"he exclaims.

"Mutineers? Hmpf, I've been a wonderin' when this would happen,"Rothryn speaks quite calmly as his authority is being challenged. "I suppose I should go on deck an see who is all with me yet. Are ye all with me or with the Mutineers?"Rothryn asks Gorlan, Gregor, and Mr.Urlag.

Mr.Urlag pulls his Warhammer from his shoulder and says,"Let's smash in some Mutineer teeth!"

Of course Gorlan will stick up for his long time friend, and Gregor follows along with his friend Gorlan the Bard.

"Very well, me hardies! Let us get above deck and see what all the ruckus is 'bout?"

As Captain Anvilheart limps up the galley stairs and makes it above deck, he hears commotion and yelling among the sailors.

Anvilheart speaks in Dwarven,"Mutineers be damned! Who is still with their Captain here? Get ye on me side o' the ship!"

Immediately, the crew splits in half. Then the Rotten Tooth Ruffian spits at the Captain,"You can go to the Hells of Baator, you Dwarven dog!" and he pulls out a club. The ship is preparing itself for a bloody mutiny.

Ok, I am making a battle grid and I need to roll for initiative. Firnam will remained passed out and will make a Fortitude Check every turn to see if he snaps out of his drugged slumber and then he will still be tied up (for this encounter all attacks and checks will be with a -2 modifier for still being influenced by T'rissarra's wine), T'rissarra is heading above deck as well to command her half of the crew.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:36 am

Battle Initiative will be the following:

Gregor
RottenTooth
DeckHands
T'riss
Gorlan
Rothryn
SeaRuffians
Shooters
Urlag
Firnam

Gregor is first to act. Blue characters are allies and Red characters are the Mutineers.

The Battle Grid will be in three parts, The UpperDeck, Inside the Front and Rear Galleys, and Below Deck to the Captain's and Officer's cabins. Also, Masts must be climbed and anyone in the crow's nests can't be reached with missiles. Rotten Tooth is the only one in the Crow's Nest and he is armed with a crossbow. Firnam is Below Deck in T'riss' cabin tied up and he will be last to act as he is still fighting off the effects of the Drow SPiced WIne. Enjoy the Battle!

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:21 am

OK I'm off on my travels again - won't be posting till end of the month.
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:24 pm

I quit...
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:25 pm

I am looking to getting this part of the campaign back on track. Please post or msg me if you are interested in getting the campaign restarted....
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm down.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 pm

I feel excluded... :(
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Return to Forum Games