Conquer Club

Applications Requested: Facebook/Twitter Team

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Applications Requested: Facebook/Twitter Team

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:16 am

Members of Conquer Club,

As you may know, at the end of last year Conquer Club established its own Facebook Fan Page and Twitter Account. Over the past 8-9 months both have grown to have many fans and followers.

Interaction on our facebook and twitter pages is at an all time high, and to maintain this standard and to grow even further, we need to expand our team to manage and interact with such a large audience. Therefore, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Entertainment Department as part of the Facebook/Twitter team.

If you wish to apply to join TeamCC please send a private message directly to samuelc812 detailing the following information:

===============
Username:

Time I Can Dedicate per Week:

Availability: (weekends only, all day, mornings, evenings, etc)

Comments: (one or two paragraphs in length describing why you think you are a good candidate)
===============

Regards,

samuelc812 - Entertainment Coordinator
Captain samuelc812

Re: Applications Requested: Facebook/Twitter Team

Postby jleonnn on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:23 am

I sent an application :D
Major jleonnn

Postby tdans on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:11 pm

jleonnn wrote:I sent an application :D

:lol: :lol: good luck :)
Lieutenant tdans

Postby Caymanmew on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Good grammar (spelling, punctuation, capitalization, etc)
Positive personality
Extensive disciplinary history
Substantial cheating and/or abuse history

dam..there goes my chances
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby sensfan on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:53 pm

caymanmew wrote:.......

Positive personality

You have been caught cheating?
Well, I'd be interested, but 10 year old + abandoned tourneys + not enough time...

No.

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby Caymanmew on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:06 pm

sensfan wrote:
caymanmew wrote:.......

Positive personality

You have been caught cheating?

no at all ;)
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Lets keep discussion on the topic of interest, and not on caymanmew's possibly cheating/abuse history. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:41 pm

you guys should ask the original CC members that started the original CC facebook page MONTHS before the idea was co-opted by the powers that be... seems like the logical thing to do to me... if you can't find it, here is the link... and remember that these guys did it all on their own before the CC bum rush to take over the facebook idea...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204569799&ref=ts

i also have a bit of a problem with this:
samuelc812 wrote:However, if you fit any of the following you will likely not be considered as a candidate:

Less than 6 months of membership
    Less than 250 forum posts

if a convicted MULTI can be a multi hunter in the C&A forum, i think you have to consider anyone that may apply that has been here long enough and shows a desire to help out. i totally agree with substantial cheating, but people like myself have extensive disciplinary histories and would probably be great candidates for things like this. the newsletter turned their nose up at serial offenders, and now they are regularly being courted to join the staff. you need to keep your options open for the best candidates, not the best ass kissers. the black jesus has spoken..-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby samuelc812 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:47 am

owenshooter wrote:you guys should ask the original CC members that started the original CC facebook page MONTHS before the idea was co-opted by the powers that be... seems like the logical thing to do to me... if you can't find it, here is the link... and remember that these guys did it all on their own before the CC bum rush to take over the facebook idea...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204569799&ref=ts

Well thanks owen but i have checked and they have all since departed, in fact the creator left almost a year before CC created the current page. I'm sure you can see why Conquer Club wanted a page that was active and had a wider fan base. I highly doubt any of those members would want to help with a fan page for a site they no longer visit, however they are free to prove me wrong by throwing me a line expressing their interest.

owenshooter wrote:i also have a bit of a problem with this:
samuelc812 wrote:However, if you fit any of the following you will likely not be considered as a candidate:

Less than 6 months of membership

if a convicted MULTI can be a multi hunter in the C&A forum, i think you have to consider anyone that may apply that has been here long enough and shows a desire to help out. i totally agree with substantial cheating, but people like myself have extensive disciplinary histories and would probably be great candidates for things like this. the newsletter turned their nose up at serial offenders, and now they are regularly being courted to join the staff. you need to keep your options open for the best candidates, not the best ass kissers. the black jesus has spoken..-0

In my eyes we are keeping our options open to the best candidates, notice it doesn't say that they definitely won't be considered. Some people who do have an extensive disciplinary history or substantial cheating/abuse history, turn their act around and begin contributing positively to the community as is what happened with said person. If someone believes they've changed their attitude and behaviour around conquer club and have started to positively contribute to the community (on a consistent basis) then they could quite possibly be considered.

Applications will be individually assessed.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:59 am

Who was the convicted multi?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Fruitcake on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:43 am

In my eyes we are keeping our options open to the best candidates, notice it doesn't say that they definitely won't be considered. Some people who do have an extensive disciplinary history or substantial cheating/abuse history, turn their act around and begin contributing positively to the community as is what happened with said person. If you believe you've changed your attitude and behaviour around conquer club and have started to positively contribute to the community (on a consistent basis) then you could quite possibly be considered.

Applications will be individually assessed.

~Sam

I think I want to be sick. The insufferably patronising, condescending and heartily demeaning way in which you put that is quite quite awful. Who in Gods creation do you think you are to write such complete drivel? Your weasel words " If you believe you've changed your attitude and behaviour around conquer club and have started to positively contribute to the community (on a consistent basis) then you could quite possibly be considered." are enough to make a grown man reach for the vomit bucket...here's a reality check you complete buffoon, this is a fucking online game site, not the fucking senior courts of fucking law!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now f*ck off with your wanking fucking patronising stupidity and ram it in your self satisifed smug fucking ass.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby samuelc812 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:51 am

I think you took my statement out of context Fruitcake, it was not meant to be read as if it was directly aimed at owenshooter. It was more of a general comment and i've edited my words to better reflect what i meant.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby Fruitcake on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:17 am

samuelc812 wrote:I think you took my statement out of context Fruitcake, it was not meant to be read as if it was directly aimed at owenshooter. It was more of a general comment and i've edited my words to better reflect what i meant.

~Sam

You miss the point completely...why am I not surprised.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:39 am

Fruitcake wrote:
samuelc812 wrote:I think you took my statement out of context Fruitcake, it was not meant to be read as if it was directly aimed at owenshooter. It was more of a general comment and i've edited my words to better reflect what i meant.

~Sam

You miss the point completely...why am I not surprised.

So wait... Fruitcake just judged samuelc812 because he though samuelc812 was being judgemental... wouldn't that make them both just about the same? How do you get off thinking you are in the right when you just did as much judging of samuelc812 as you accuse him of doing Fruitcake? I don't get it.

Not that I truly care to get it. I already know you think I'm a sanctimonious ass, you've made that clear plenty of times. Did I deserve it? Probably at times yes, but do I care? Nope, not in the slightest.

I just got a laugh at you being so upset over this, and I quote, "fucking online game site."

Seems like if this site really was such a non-issue you wouldn't care, right? At least that's what makes sense to me, but being a lesser being that yourself (as stated on several occasions previously) I probably don't know much of what I'm talking about anyways.

Oh well, back to my lesser existence again I suppose...
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:34 am

Lets all play nice or I'll turn this van around and no one is going to get any banana-flavored ice cream.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:25 am

I don't like banana flavored things...
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby InkL0sed on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:52 pm

samuelc812 wrote:

Something decidedly fishy is going on here...
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby fishydance on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Hey! I resemble that remark!! ::indignant glare:: :shock:
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Leehar on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:29 am

fishydance wrote:

Hey! I resemble that remark!! ::indignant glare:: :shock:

huh?

Lol, anyway, I think we're all going a bit off-topic here so I'd just like to offer my well-wishes to whoever gets the job and hope for more communication on the twitter and fb sites than just the mentioning of the topics already shown on the right-hand side of the home page ;)

And yeah Ink, think sam meant 'more than 250 forum posts' if he didn't phrase it correctly.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby FarangDemon on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:42 am

Optimus Prime wrote:I don't like banana flavored things...

Nobody does - that's part of the joke.

The admins are our parents and as such, they do have the power to turn the CC van around, denying us their banana-flavored ice cream, which is being able to volunteer to work on the Facebook/Twitter Team.

So he was both scolding Fruitcake and Owenshooter for being naughty and making fun of them for wanting banana-flavored ice cream. It was patronizing, not that I am offended by it. :D

So I think Andy won this round of the battle hands down. However, I think our clever heroes are quite capable of staging a comeback - they just got the wind knocked out of them a bit.
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:01 am

Leehar wrote:And yeah Ink, think sam meant 'more than 250 forum posts' if he didn't phrase it correctly.

Actually, I believe Ink was highlighting that 'Less than 250 forum posts' should be 'Fewer than 250 forum posts'. It's one of those easy-to-overlook quirks of the english language.

Just to throw my opinion out of the boat on this matter while we're discussing it, I don't want to see the Facebook page become an authoritarian hotspot with its own set of banana-flavoured-contraceptive-based sanction levels and panel of senior judges - from personal experience, it's much more interesting and enjoyable to monitor the page as a volunteer when you can interact with real people at a casual level. After all, "this is a fucking online game".
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby jleonnn on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:52 am

guys we're supposed to be getting back on topic as andy said O:)
Major jleonnn

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:58 am

ManBungalow wrote:
Leehar wrote:And yeah Ink, think sam meant 'more than 250 forum posts' if he didn't phrase it correctly.

Actually, I believe Ink was highlighting that 'Less than 250 forum posts' should be 'Fewer than 250 forum posts'. It's one of those easy-to-overlook quirks of the english language.

Just to throw my opinion out of the boat on this matter while we're discussing it, I don't want to see the Facebook page become an authoritarian hotspot with its own set of banana-flavoured-contraceptive-based sanction levels and panel of senior judges - from personal experience, it's much more interesting and enjoyable to monitor the page as a volunteer when you can interact with real people at a casual level. After all, "this is a fucking online game".

Just because you're English doesn't mean you're gooder at English than those damned Aussies.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:48 pm

ManBungalow wrote:

10 points to Gryffindor!
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby waseemalim on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:01 am

samuelc812 wrote:Members of Conquer Club,

As you may know, at the end of last year Conquer Club established its own Facebook Fan Page and Twitter Account. Over the past 8-9 months both have grown to have many fans and followers.

Interaction on our facebook and twitter pages is at an all time high, and to maintain this standard and to grow even further, we need to expand our team to manage and interact with such a large audience. Therefore, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the Entertainment Department as part of the Facebook/Twitter team.

If you wish to apply to join TeamCC please send a private message directly to samuelc812 detailing the following information:

===============
Username:

Time I Can Dedicate per Week:

Availability: (weekends only, all day, mornings, evenings, etc)

Comments: (one or two paragraphs in length describing why you think you are a good candidate)
===============

Regards,

samuelc812 - Entertainment Coordinator

is this a paid position?
Life is what happens while you are busy playing Conquer Club.
Brigadier waseemalim

Next

Return to Announcement Archives