Conquer Club

D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: D&D: The Warlock's Boots (NOW RECRUITING!)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Cackle moves and fires a Probing Strike at Hexer with his sling using his First Strike capability and HITS for 13HP damage (including Sneak Attack Damage bonus, also Cackle will receive a +1 attack bonus on his next turn against the Hexer)

DarkDragon is tied up an cannot do anything except complain to Kurt

Sharpshooters take pot shots at two guards HIT and MISS

Brem Moves up with Cackle, of course, and attacks the BlackBlade Goblin and MISS

Hexer attacks Cackle with its Bone Rod HITS

Sheyla moves over to help one of the Guardsmen surrounded by wolves and attacks using her spear MISS

DM wrote:Cackle is smart enough to see the real threat, he makes a swift advance towards the Goblin Shaman that is continually barking orders. The Shaman has made a small mistake...he has left himself unguarded and Cackle takes advantage of the situation. Moving quickly into striking distance, Cackle is able to attack with sudden speed that hits the Shaman off guard.

Cackle pulls a sling stone from his pouch and twirls it above his head taking quick note of any advantage he can get over his enemy. The stone flies and hits the Goblin Shaman square under its eye and glances across its nose breaking it to the side. The Shaman's nose is bleeding and his cheek is starting to swell from Cackle's shot.

"Uhg! Help me, fools!"the Shaman starts giving commands; meanwhile Cackle is quite proud of his shot and enjoys listening to the Goblin speak and curse in its own language.

Dark Dragon still remains tied to the tree and Kurt keeps the point of his sword against his neck.

"Well, Sergeant, I guess you might as well cut my throat now rather than be killed by Goblins and Wolves...it would be a more deserving death, than by the hands of green beasties."

"Silence, Murderer and Assassin...I will cut your tongue out if you speak one more word!"The Sergeant threatens again.

Of course, Dark Dragon is very stealthily trying to work his hands free from his bonds, but the Sergeant of the Guard has yet to notice as he is trying to keep an eye on his men and the battle that is ensuing.

As the guards battle wolves (and one guard is on the ground fighting for his life!) two Goblins appear behind some rocks that they are using for cover. They have Hand Crossbows and take a couple shots at a couple of the guards. One shot just whizzes by a guard's head, while the other crossbow bolt embeds itself deep in a guard's leg bringing him down to one knee in pain.

"Ah! I've been shot!"the guard screams only making the Sergeant of the Guard more nervous about their situation.

As Cackle attacks the Shaman, his faithful Thug follows just behind him and rushes to meet a very sneaky Goblin with a short sword. This Goblin is covered with Black Tattoos that look very tribal. He spits out a curse in his Goblin tongue,"Akrog!"

Brem has no idea what it means and tries to hit the Goblin with his club. The Tattooed Goblin moves easily out of Brem's way. His club attack was too slow, but Brem vows to keep trying anyway.

Then as the Shaman Goblin yells out a few commands at his Goblin Guard, he looks Cackle squarely in the eye with a jagged yellow snarl. He points his Bone Rod at Cackle and speaks a few words. A misty light of purplish energy appears around Cackle making his skin tingle.

"Something just doesn't seem right. What just happened?"Cackle speaks to himself, but other than the strange sensation and purple glowing mist, nothing seems to have happened.

As the three wolves try to tear into a guard, Sheyla decides to move in to help him,"Well, I can't use magic, but I can still use my spear!" She strikes at a wolf, but the wolf was quick enough to move out of the way; however, Sheyla notices that her attack caused the wolf to put it's tail between its leg for a second,"Ah! So you are scared! You have picked the wrong fight this day!"

Click image to enlarge.

Alastair Plainstrider is up next.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:02 pm

I'll use Careful Attack on myself and cast Magic Missiles at the Shaman. If it takes an extra action to do so, I'll exert myself.
Captain safariguy5

Postby tzor on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:39 am

I'll be taking over the Dark Dragon as soon as the DM posts his stats. I appear to be tied up at the moment. Fascinating.
Cadet tzor

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:24 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I'll use Careful Attack on myself and cast Magic Missiles at the Shaman. If it takes an extra action to do so, I'll exert myself.

Careful Attack is a Ranger power which only affects Martial powers and the use of physical weapons. You may use Careful attack if you plan on attacking with a dagger or other martial weapon, but it can't be used with Arcane abilities. I will allow you to attack with Magic Missile without using Careful Attack. You may save Careful Attack for another opportunity. You can, however, use your Wand Of Accuracy power. I will interchange Careful Attack for Wand of Accuracy for you, that will give you about the same bonus as Careful Attack.

Your Character's Magic Missile just HITS.

Minions move and attack. Cheezus is HIT for 4HP damage and the Guard closest to Maximus is also HIT.

Wolves Attack their prey (the Guardsmen): HIT, HIT,HIT HIT,HIT,MISS MISS,MISS,MISS

DM wrote:Alastair sees the threat of the Goblin Shaman and quickly pulls his wand from his belt. A greenish bolt of energy discharges and flies across the battle field with tremendous speed, some Goblins stand in awe of the magical spectacle as the missile whizzes past them and towards their leader.

Not prepared to meet another Magic User, the Goblin Shaman is hit in its shoulder and it yelps in pain. He begins to wonder what type of trouble his band of cutters have gotten themselves into, but he continues to give orders and the Goblins obey.

A couple of the Goblins move closer towards their Shaman leader while one is sneaky enough to slash at Cheezus and is able to just catch him on the side of his arm. Fortunately, the Cleric's Chain Mail deflected the majority of the blow, but it still stings.

Then one of the Goblins stabs a guardsman just underneath the plating on his shoulder. The Guard is already dripping blood from the wolves that are attacking him, and now he has a sword wound to boot. Not a good day for this Guard! Then the Wolves that are surrounding him all jump on him and knock him to the ground. They have grabbed the guard by both arms and a leg and are shaking their heads back and forth to try to rip the man's limbs from his body.

Another Guard by Sheyla has also been knocked to the ground and has been bitten severely by the wolves, while another guard is lucky enough to have defended himself from all three wolves attacking him. Quite amazing as the man was totally defending himself while in a prone position. The man throws some dirt and grass at the wolves and manages to stand up and ready his sword again.

Click image to enlarge.

Maximus is up Next
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Jace22 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:49 am

Maximus takes another swing at the wolf he's adjacent to, marking it with combat challenge if it survives
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:18 am

I apologize for this weekend, but my internet is out and I am typing this at work. I won't be able to get your game started back up until this coming weekend hopefully. Sorry.

CreepersWiener
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby tzor on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:25 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:I apologize for this weekend, but my internet is out and I am typing this at work. I won't be able to get your game started back up until this coming weekend hopefully. Sorry.

CreepersWiener

That's OK, I was at the computer wondering, "shouldn't I be checking something?" I had completely forgotten to check here for updates. :oops:

I'm so relieved I didn't miss anything.
Cadet tzor

Postby CreepersWiener on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Jace22 wrote:Maximus takes another swing at the wolf he's adjacent to, marking it with combat challenge if it survives

*(Combat Challenge for Fighters is a Free Action, whenever that wolf decides to attack the Guard it will receive a -2 penalty. You can switch your Combat Challenge at any time to another enemy, but you only get one Combat Challenge at a time. You could have used Combat Challenge and another attack power as a Free Action does not count against your actions you can take on a combat turn. However, I will have to use just a Basic Attack this turn. You will receive a +2 attack modifier for flanking the wolf between you and the guard.)

Maximus HITS easily

Guards attack Wolves:HIT,HIT,Move and MISS,MISS,HIT

BlackBlade Goblin makes Double Time and moves adjacent to his Leader

Goblin Warrior moves position and attacks Brem with a Javelin throw and HITS

Sergeant Of The Guard remains guarding Dark Dragon, but he is distracted from watching the battle.

DM wrote:Maximus rushes in to save the poor Guard that is almost being ripped to shreds. As Maximus moves in with his Two Handed sword held high, the wolf is too busy with its prey to notice the huge Genasi advanced behind it. Maximus finds and easy mark as he slices into the wolf's hind quarters. The wolf spins around nipping at its back leg as if it had been bitten by something that is yet still there. As the wolf turns its attention away from the prone Guard, the Guardsman quickly gets to his feet and runs his sword all the way through the wolf's neck and severing it's spine. One of the wolves is now dead.

The Guard breathes heavy and gives Maximus a look of thanks as he is too tired and wounded to speak at the moment. Maximus nods towards his ally and prepares to find another enemy to attack.

The next Guardsmen that is next to Sheyla is able to get to his feet again and stab one of the wolves across one of its front legs. The wound draws blood but the wolf acts as if it didn't feel a thing. As the Guard attacks another Guard moves in to help his comrade, but the wolf was aware of the movement and is able to skulk just underneath the Guardsman's sword blow.

Another Guard is fighting a Goblin, but the Goblin easily rolls past the Guards attack. The Goblin snickers at the Guard and prepares an attack with a short sword and moves it's position for a better strike.

The other Guard that is surrounded by Wolves is able to scramble back to his feet and slice part of a wolf's ear off. The wolf shakes its head in pain and then begins to snarl at the Guard that just attacked it.

The Shaman Goblin barks orders at his band of thugs and the Goblin with the tattoos slinks quickly away from combat to guard its leader. It quickly hops to its leaders side. Meanwhile, the tougher looking Goblin with a bunch of throwing spears has picked up his position and moved a bit closer to his leader, likewise. As it settles itself in its new position, it quickly finds an opportunity to throw a javelin at Bremm. Bremm, however, is a bit too slow and the javelin sticks deep into his shoulder. Bremm grimaces in pain but does not say a word, as Thugs need to show how tough they are, otherwise, they do not get the respect they deserve on the street.

As the battle wages, Kurt the Sergeant holds a sword close to Lancing's neck, but he seems a bit distracted at the chaos that is brewing on the battlefield. He is taking count of the battle and is determining if a full out retreat is in order...however, the Sergeant plans to leave Lancing tied to the tree to be run through by the band of little monsters. Dark Dragon knows this full well.

Click image to enlarge.

Cheezus, Cackle, and Dark Dragon are next up to take actions.

Here is Dark Dragon's Character Sheet:

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Quirk on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Cheezus takes a shot at the nearest wolf.

He urges Kurt:
Let the Dark Dragon join the fight!
Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Postby tzor on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Hmmm, let me see my options, I am ... Mr. Mediocre. I do have a good chance of slipping out of my bonds in ... let's see ... 60 combat rounds ... or I have a FLAT NO WAY CHANCE of doing it in one.

"I would pay attention to him, Kurt, if I were you. Releasing me is your best option at the moment."
Cadet tzor

Postby CreepersWiener on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Quirk wrote:Cheezus takes a shot at the nearest wolf.

He urges Kurt:
Let the Dark Dragon join the fight!

tzor wrote:Hmmm, let me see my options, I am ... Mr. Mediocre. I do have a good chance of slipping out of my bonds in ... let's see ... 60 combat rounds ... or I have a FLAT NO WAY CHANCE of doing it in one.

DarkDragon wrote:"I would pay attention to him, Kurt, if I were you. Releasing me is your best option at the moment."

Cheezus Attacks a Wolf and just HITS. Goblin attacks Cheezus as an Opportunity Attack and HITS for 4 HP DAMAGE.

Cackle fires another Probing Attack against the Hexer Goblin but HITS the Warrior Goblin instead for 11 HP and may gain a +1 Bonus to an attack roll against the Goblin Warrior on Cackle's next turn. Cackle Saves vs Magic Fails.

DarkDragon makes a Diplomacy Check DC 20 with help from Cheezus with a +2 Bonus FAILS

DM wrote:Cheezus' Elven perceptions has allowed him to observe the real threat. He knows full well what a pack of wolves can do, Goblins are dangerous but only secondary to a large pack of wolves. Cheezus ignores the Goblin in front of him and turns quickly to take aim at a wolf that is adjacent to him. The shot glances across the wolves back cutting it's hide, but Cheezus has failed to make a kill shot. The wolf still persists after its prey.

Meanwhile, as Cheezus lowered his defenses to make the shot, the little Goblin steps forward and sticks the point of his short sword into Cheezus' thigh. Cheezus winces in pain and turns his attention towards the Goblin that just stabbed him. As Cheezus holds the wound on his leg, he yells at The Sergeant of the Guard to let Dark Dragon go to help with the battle. The Sergeant glances Cheezus' way as if he is starting to contemplate doing so.

Cackle reaches down to the ground and finds a nicely weighted sling stone and loads his sling. He takes careful aim at the Goblin Shaman and let's the stone fly towards its mark. The stone flies true, but before it hits the Goblin Shaman, he waves the Bone Rod through the air and the stone is deflected by some invisible force. However, the stone strikes the tougher looking Goblin with all the spears. The stone leaves a nice gash across the Warrior's forehead, and deep blackish red blood begins to ooze down the Goblin's face. Cackle impresses himself with his shot, but he is still wondering what that Shaman did to him?

The Sergeant stands with his sword pointed at Dark Dragon's neck as he remains helplessly tied to the tree. Dark Dragon sees Kurt's contemplations and tries his luck in persuading the Sergeant to let him go.

"What?...I can't trust the likes of you! You'll put a knife in my back as soon as we enter into the battle! We cannot risk a Githarian Assassin being freed!"the Sergeant refuses to cut Dark Dragon loose, but does not strike him this time as he is more interested in how the battle is coming around.

Sharpshooter Goblins Attack Guards Hits and Misses
Brem moves and attacks a Goblin with his Club MISSES, Goblin shifts position and Attacks with a HIT, Brem is Bloodied.
Hexer Casts Spell at Cackle: Vexing Cloud Cackle now takes -2 penalty
Sheyla attacks Wolf and HITS, Sheyla also makes a Diplomacy Check to convince Kurt to let Dark Dragon go and FAILS

DM wrote:Two Goblins are hiding behind some boulders and are firing their crossbows at the guards. One of the guards is struck in the shoulder, while another Guard is aware enough to dodge out of the way of the whizzing projectile. Some Goblin curses can be heard coming from behind the rocks, but the Snipers remain well hidden from sight.

"I kill you, you little green BASTARDS!"Brem yells angrily as he swings with his club, hoping to splatter some Goblin brains; but the Goblin is far too quick for Brem's lumbering blow and it quickly hops behind him and sticks him in the back with its short sword. Brem yells in pain as he must fall to one knee and try to recoup his strength. The wound is severe and Brem can feel the warmth of his life's blood spilling down his back. The little Goblin begins to snicker at his dirty handy work.

As Cackle starts looking for another stone to throw, the Goblin Shaman whispers Goblin words of power and waves his Bone Rod in Cackle's direction again. A thicker purplish mist begins to form around him and obscures his vision.

"Haha! Foolish Man! You have now angered the Guardian Spirits of the Clan of Daggers! Enjoy your DEATH!"the Shaman yells at Cackle in Goblin and then begins to give orders to his Goblin allies.

"Ah! Help me! HELP ME!"a Guardsman screams as three wolves are trying to rip him apart.

"Don't worry! I might not be a trained soldier, but I am handy with a spear!"Sheyla comforts the Guardsman and swings her spear at the nearest wolf. The spear tip pokes into the wolves side, but it is deflected by a bone and doesn't deal a death blow to the savage creature.

"Damn you, Kurt! Let Lancing go so that we don't all perish!"Sheyla tries to convince the Sergeant to let Dark Dragon out of his bonds to help fight off these monsters.

"Shutup! King Fyrsdane's Guards do not take orders from Wytches! I am no WarWytch of Hellsblade, I am the King's Guard. I give the orders here, not some spear wielding Wytch!"the Sergeant replies and still refuses to free Dark Dragon.

Click image to enlarge.

Alastair Plainstrider is up next...
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby tzor on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 am

CreepersWiener wrote:
DM wrote:The Sergeant stands with his sword pointed at Dark Dragon's neck as he remains helplessly tied to the tree. Dark Dragon sees Kurt's contemplations and tries his luck in persuading the Sergeant to let him go.

"What?...I can't trust the likes of you! You'll put a knife in my back as soon as we enter into the battle! We cannot risk a Githarian Assassin being freed!"the Sergeant refuses to cut Dark Dragon loose, but does not strike him this time as he is more interested in how the battle is coming around.

Dark Dragon resisted the temptation to smile. Stabing the sergeant in the back was the last thing on his mind; watching the wolves tear the arrogant idiot to shreads was more of what he considered appropriate. Still, not knowing offhand how many guards it took to state the appetite of a wolf, or the anger of the goblins, he would rather be in the fight than watching it from a front seat row.
Cadet tzor

Postby Jace22 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:05 pm

OOC wrote:I know of this great d&d site, if you guys are interested. It's called dndonlinegames.com and it is pretty fun. I'm on as silverjace, so check it out if you want

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:38 am

I'll fire my Force Orb at one of the wolves that surround the guardsman to the North of the Campfire. I'll also yell at that Guardsman to free the Dark Dragon.
Captain safariguy5

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:25 pm

I quit...
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby tzor on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:04 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:I quit...

What? You can't quit! I'm still tied to a tree! :shock:
Cadet tzor

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Nobody seems to want to play anymore, and Jace wants us to go to DnD Online forums...I would rather stay here, but I am having a hard time keeping people interested.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm still interested...although this online forum thing intrigues me...
Captain safariguy5

Postby Jace22 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:17 pm

i'm still for playing here. I only mentioned dndonlinegames as it is a site that I used and I thought that others would be interested in it as well.

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Jace22 wrote:i'm still for playing here. I only mentioned dndonlinegames as it is a site that I used and I thought that others would be interested in it as well.

They play 3.5 and I am not familiar with 3.5. I am 1st E and 2nd E old school, but I have really grown to like 4E. I don't think DnDOnline carries any 4E character sheets and stuff, it is strictly set up for 3.5 play.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Jace22 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:54 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:
Jace22 wrote:i'm still for playing here. I only mentioned dndonlinegames as it is a site that I used and I thought that others would be interested in it as well.

They play 3.5 and I am not familiar with 3.5. I am 1st E and 2nd E old school, but I have really grown to like 4E. I don't think DnDOnline carries any 4E character sheets and stuff, it is strictly set up for 3.5 play.

not true, they have 4E games as well(in fact the beginner's game is between 3.5 and 4E) and when creating a new character there is an option for 4E character sheets. They just don't have a link to a 4E srd(as I don't believe there is one). Plus, I have seen a couple of games in the older 2nd E.

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Is it possible to get this game started again? I don't know. Please msg me, and I will put the effort into getting the campaign back on track.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Oops, wrong thread, I'm down here.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 pm

And now I don't feel excluded :D I'll play. We playing 4th ed. rules? I haven't played DnD on the computer/Internet before, so I might need some guidance.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Quirk on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:39 pm

I'm down like a clown Charlie Brown.

Cheezus readies his bow.
Image Image

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games