Conquer Club

Official Strategy Guides Project Launching

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Official Strategy Guides Project Launching

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:05 am

I would like to help.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby jricart on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:51 am

Sent a PM with no response :cry:

I would like to help in the following maps:

Egypt Lower
Egypt Upper
Route 66
Dust Bowl

At least I can start on those and help others as well.
Lieutenant jricart

Postby slowreactor on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:10 am

Can we collaborate with someone else for a strategy guide on any given map? if so, will it still count towards a medal?
Colonel slowreactor

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:58 pm

slowreactor wrote:Can we collaborate with someone else for a strategy guide on any given map? if so, will it still count towards a medal?

There is only one officially recognized author per Strategy Guide.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:18 am

Sent PM...no response. Figured everyone else is posting this, so I should, too.

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby samuelc812 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:40 am

Hey guys,

nagerous is currently on vacation, he will be back today or tomorrow, and i'm sure he will be responding to all his PM's then. You have not been ignored.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby nagerous on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:02 am

Apologies for the lack of response, I was away from thursday evening onwards and only just got back and had only time to add a bunch of people to the group before leaving. Everyone who has applied for the group shall hear from me in the next 24 hours. :)
Captain nagerous

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 pm

A good flurry of activity so far! We are still looking for more people to help construct guides, but also for people who think they've got the strategy know-how to offer critiques, comments, advice, and suggestions during the writing process.

Think you have the strategy know-how? Message nagerous. :D

--Andy

Postby nagerous on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:21 am

I believe all pending requests to join the group have now been dealt with. The sub-forum is found above the information section. If there are any more requests to join the group then drop me a PM and I will respond ASAP.

Thanks
Captain nagerous

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:36 pm

Update!

We've altered the Medal Ratio to '1 Strategy Guide produced and published = 1 General Contribution Medal'. So get cracking and produce some Strategy Guides to receive one or more General Contribution Medals!

AndyDufresne wrote:To add further incentive, we will also be awarding General Contribution Medals
    For every 1 Strategy Guides produced and published by an author, the author receives 1 General Contribution. So if you produce and publish 4 guides you will earn 4 General Contribution Medals detailing your Strategy Guide Contributions.
Who wouldn't want one or more General Contribution Medals decorating their medal profile? :D

And even if you aren't interested in writing your own guide, you are still welcome to help the development of all the other guides. If we have any outstanding contributors who do not create any guides of their own, we may recognize these contributions as well later in the process. So hope is out there for those Contributors as well!

--Andy

Postby john9blue on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:31 pm

So you're not offering any Special Contribution medals anymore?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Oh wait now you want to bribe people to make these guides.. Sigh all the work done the first time wasted... and now to bride people .... sigh
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby natty dread on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:05 am

john9blue wrote:So you're not offering any Special Contribution medals anymore?

There are no more special contribution medals. They were renamed into general contribution medals.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:56 am

Bruceswar wrote:Oh wait now you want to bribe people to make these guides.. Sigh all the work done the first time wasted... and now to bride people .... sigh

Bruce, like we mentioned---a couple of times mind you---if you have information in the old project, you can still use it---so do so. Eh? :)

--Andy

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:20 am

The Strategy Guide Contributors are happy to announce that the first batch of Official Strategy Guides from the Project have been released.

Many more Strategy Guides are currently in production as well, and a few more are nearing completion.

Remember, if you'd like to join this project, help contribute your strategy or write a guide of your own, please contact one of our Strategy Guide Leaders: Master Fenrir, Lindax, Laughingcavalier, nagerous, ljex. Maybe you can earn yourself a General Contribution Medal!

Thanks to all those who have contributed their hard work so far---and may it continue!

--Andy

Postby nagerous on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:22 am

Posting from the great outback of Australia.

Great work by the Strategy guide team in getting these maps published, many more to come :)

I won't be around for 2 more weeks due to summer travels but anyone interested should PM one of the other leaders and they'll be more than happy to help :)
Captain nagerous

Postby Dako on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:56 am

Why are the topics locked in strategy forums? Should people not post ideas and questions there?
Colonel Dako

Postby laughingcavalier on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:11 pm

The official strategy guides are locked so players can read them just as they are, because the guides have been through a process of peer review & approval which aims to make them at the least good introductions to the maps.
Everyone is invited to add to threads in the main strategy forum, or start their own, with advice on how to play maps & questions about gameplay.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby pmchugh on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:57 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:The official strategy guides are locked so players can read them just as they are, because the guides have been through a process of peer review & approval which aims to make them at the least good introductions to the maps.
Everyone is invited to add to threads in the main strategy forum, or start their own, with advice on how to play maps & questions about gameplay.

I disagree with this 100%. It would be so much easier to discuss a map strategy inside its thread.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Dako on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:12 am

Yeah, I tend to disagree as well. People need to discuss things.
Colonel Dako

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:24 pm

The Strategy Guide Contributors are happy to announce that the next batch of Official Strategy Guides from the Project have been released.

Many more are still to come---we do have 160+ maps you know!

Remember, if you'd like to join this project, help contribute your strategy or write a guide of your own, please contact one of our Strategy Guide Leaders: Master Fenrir, Lindax, Laughingcavalier, nagerous, ljex. Maybe you can earn yourself a General Contribution Medal!

Thanks to all those who have contributed their hard work so far, both in taking the initiative to write and format a Strategy Guide, but also all those helping critique, suggest, and comment on such Guides as well---and may it continue!

--Andy

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:05 pm

pmchugh wrote:
laughingcavalier wrote:The official strategy guides are locked so players can read them just as they are, because the guides have been through a process of peer review & approval which aims to make them at the least good introductions to the maps.

I disagree with this 100%. It would be so much easier to discuss a map strategy inside its thread.

I agree 100% that people should be allowed to post. Questions from people are a great source of learning. Until this is fixed the guide will not serve as good of a purpose as it can / could. DAKO and pmchugh and me all agree. I am sure others also.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:17 pm

Hey, Andy, how about a compromise.. start an official strategy discussion thread for each map guide? That way, the list and guide threads can remain pristine as you want, but every guide will have ONE place for any questions, comments, etc.

As an author of at least one of the guides, I'd like to know where to see if reviewers and I missed something so I can bug you guys to let me make a rev (at least, if someone has a concern fairly soon after guides are released).

If you assign a mod to open a thread to discuss each guide, it's much more official than "just any player" starting up a discussion.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:38 pm

Guides are a great idea, but the guide is only as good as the author. If CC is to have official guides, then I suggest that only the best players on each map, should be invited to write them. Last time that I looked, I was the leader in points and win %, on Prohibition Chicago. I would be honored to write a tutorial on it, if asked. 8-)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Master Fenrir on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:39 pm

porkenbeans wrote:Last time that I looked, I was the leader in points and win %, on Prohibition Chicago. I would be honored to write a tutorial on it, if asked. 8-)

Maprank says you're 3rd, but you're stats are fantastic. I think it'd be great if you were willing to write it and would like for you to do it. If you're willing, shoot me a PM and I'll add you to the group.
General Master Fenrir

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives