(Formerly Reserves Threads Policy)
Announced May 8, 2008
Revised August 10, 2010
In nearly every tournament, there are players who sign up to compete but never show up when it comes time to join their game(s). Most tournaments start out with a couple reserves for just such a case, but what should the organizer do when their list has been depleted? The option to start sending PMs to players is always there, but many organizers have chosen to create a new thread specifically for recruiting reserves. In an effort to help players interested in play-now spots sift through those requests more quickly, we're now going to combine all the reserves request threads into one permanent stickied thread at the top of the Create/Join a Tournament Forum. Here's how the thread will work:
- ORGANIZERS ONLY will make one new post in the thread requesting reserves for their tournament.
- The post needs to include information on the # of reserves needed, the game settings, and a link to the main thread.
- A player wishing to join a Play-Now Tournament must go to the actual tournament thread and post only in that thread if they are interested in joining. Player-posts in the stickied thread will be deleted without notification (whether the organizer gets their interest or not).
- ONE WEEK after the organizer's post is made, it will be deleted from the thread to keep the thread from becoming cluttered. If your reserve need is filled before the one week has ended, please edit out the text of your post and it will be deleted by a Director.
- Here's an example post:Point Grabbers VII
I am looking for 3 players who are interested in playing in the Point Grabbers VII tournament. The games are 1 vs 1 with flat rate spoils and chained reinforcements. If you would like to join the fun, please post in the thread linked below, or contact Optimus Prime with a PM.
Point Grabbers VII
- If you still need reserves after the one week, you may make a new post.
This new method of finding reserves should make it easier on players as they do not have to sift through several threads in the forum to find the tournaments that are immediately taking players. It should also help organizers by making sure all reserve players are posted in their tournament thread and they don't have to check multiple places for reserves. Anyone is still welcome to send out PMs to gain reserves. The stickied thread will also have a permanent entry as an Open Tournament in the Tournament Database.