Conquer Club

Clan Gaming Privileges

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan Gaming Privileges

Postby jpcloet on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:53 pm

I am proud to announce that clans as of September 1st, 2010, will be given the privilege to use game creation privileges for Clan Wars. This will allow Clan Wars to run much smoother and will hopefully allow for larger and more innovative types of challenges. Using gaming privileges will also give visibility to player performance via current site scripts.

General

The general consensus is that only competitive groups should be allowed to have the privileges. Social groups are discussion groups primarily and will not be given game creation privileges at this point in time. As a Clan System does not currently exist, the gaming privileges will be executed under the Current Tournament System with a slight difference not noticeable to the public.

Qualifying Clans

1. Clans must have a minimum of 10 active players.
2. For gaming privileges, clans must also follow the 1 competitive clan rule, meaning a player can only be in one clan.
3. Clans must also be able to reasonably complete a clan war with their current roster. If a clan is primarily made up of freemium accounts, it will be expected that they have 2-3 spots open for clan war games.

Who will be given gaming privileges

Only 1 member per participating clan will be given the gaming privileges. That person can be anyone within that clan who meets the following:

Required:
1. Approved by the Clan Leader (I will ask that leaders post an approval of the person starting the war thread, along with the opposing leader posting their nominee for rights)
2. Have no abandoned tournaments/clan wars within the past year
3. Have a Premium Account
4. Be in good standing with the site (eg. no other account issues)

Preferable:
1. Have had previous experience with Tournament Privileges

What the privileges are used for:

1. Clan Wars

A. Privileges are for clan wars that include other clans
B. There must be a well-documented clan war thread within the PUBLIC clan forum so that games can be validated (The Clan Directors reserves the right to audit your war and thread) to show that privileges are properly being used.
C. Privileges must be obtained for every clan war
C. Privileges can only be obtained for clan wars individually, a single purpose clan war gaming privilege will not be granted.
D. The clan war must be of a minimum 40 games

What it is NOT

This is not for Intra-clan tournaments or training of new recruits.

Penalties:

Abuse of privileges and/or Misuse: 6 Month to 12 Month clan gaming privileges ban for player, length of duration at the clan directors' discretion, plus those players who knowingly participate in a clan war that they know is not valid. Using another person's account to run a war will also result in a ban of clan privileges. If the problem is so pervasive, a full clan ban on gaming privileges could be put into place for the violating clan.

Abandoned Clan Wars: Clans that abandon a challenge, will lose clan gaming privileges for 3 months.

Transition Provision: Given there are some challenges currently on the go, any current challenge that has 40+ games to still make will receive privileges.

Once the terms of the war are documented, and both contacts are noted in the thread, please post in here to obtain game creation privileges, with both names and the link to the war thread.

This policy and procedures manual will be updated accordingly.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Re: Clan Gaming Privileges

Postby BoganGod on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Well done Jp and masli. This has been a while coming, congrats for getting it in place. Thank you
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Foxglove on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Great work, jp and masli!!! This will be insanely useful.

(I feel like this is exactly what I suggested in the CLA forum, and no one responded to it. Apparently it was already being done. :P)
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Gold Knight on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:33 am

Foxglove wrote:Great work, jp and masli!!! This will be insanely useful.

(I feel like this is exactly what I suggested in the CLA forum, and no one responded to it. Apparently it was already being done. :P)

Clans are sneaky like that... ;)

Great job, know it took alot of work behind the scenes to get this done and lets hope this is the first big step in further developing the clan environment.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Dako on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Awesome news!
Colonel Dako

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Sweet, sweet work! :)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:31 am

I sure as hell hope I will never have to be the person in KORT making the games. This seems like 2 steps backwards to me. I will expand more tomorrow.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby nagerous on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:11 am

Excellent update. Now we just need the Clans tab at the top. :lol:
Captain nagerous

Postby jpcloet on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:19 am

Bruceswar wrote:I sure as hell hope I will never have to be the person in KORT making the games. This seems like 2 steps backwards to me. I will expand more tomorrow.

I can think of a few reasons why you would say that, although it depends on how you run your clan. One of the perks is that the persons that have the rights can also invite directly into the games without being in them. For my clan and myself, this is a huge win. Teams with a strong TO or more, may be come even more active. Plus this sets up future things so much better as well.

nagerous wrote:Excellent update. Now we just need the Clans tab at the top. :lol:

I was worried that we'd show up in the Tournaments tab and I know using the Tournaments system could have the odd quirk. In this case, all clan wars would be set to Ongoing, so you'll have to look in active challenges

Postby Eyestone on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:43 am

One small question: You say that only 1 person in a clan can have this privilege. What if that person is going away for a period of time for some reason... or he just don't want the extra work anymore. How smoothly can this person be replaced by another person in the clan? Sending an e-ticket on a matter seems to take several months on certain issues, and it could be difficult to rely on only one person to always be around to set up these games for the clan.
General Eyestone

Postby Namor on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:06 am

Bruceswar wrote:I sure as hell hope I will never have to be the person in KORT making the games. This seems like 2 steps backwards to me. I will expand more tomorrow.

As AoC's 'Minister for War', I feel compelled to echo Bruce's words. The job of creating these games will, primarily, be mine. :shock: 8-[ :sick:

Eyestone wrote:One small question: You say that only 1 person in a clan can have this privilege. What if that person is going away for a period of time for some reason... or he just don't want the extra work anymore. How smoothly can this person be replaced by another person in the clan? Sending an e-ticket on a matter seems to take several months on certain issues, and it could be difficult to rely on only one person to always be around to set up these games for the clan.

So, as Eyestone quite rightly points out, even if I lighten my workload by passing that responsibility to another Agent, we have to hope that that Agent never falls ill or wants to go out of town for the weekend.
Colonel Namor

Postby Dako on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:07 am

As of TOFU - this innovation will makegame creation much-much easier for us.
Colonel Dako

Postby maasman on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:15 am

Would it be possible to not use it then? It looks like Bruce and Namor don't much care for this, so will it be required in the future? It seems like a mixture of both would work well, or maybe allow multiple persons in the clan make games.
Colonel maasman

Postby jpcloet on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:16 am

Dako wrote:As of TOFU - this innovation will make game creation much-much easier for us.

Agreed.

Namor wrote:As AoC's 'Minister for War', I feel compelled to echo Bruce's words. The job of creating these games will, primarily, be mine. :shock: 8-[ :sick:

Let's see for a 40 game war, you need to make 20 games, and usually done in 2 sets. That is 10 games. Creating 10 games rather than collecting them is much easier than you think. I'd look at your roster and who has run a tournament. Either way, it is important for others to step up and take on tasks. I think Nemesis has a good idea in that they rotate their Minister of War.

Eyestone wrote:One small question: You say that only 1 person in a clan can have this privilege. What if that person is going away for a period of time for some reason... or he just don't want the extra work anymore. How smoothly can this person be replaced by another person in the clan? Sending an e-ticket on a matter seems to take several months on certain issues, and it could be difficult to rely on only one person to always be around to set up these games for the clan.

Again, via pm we can fix this very quickly with Masli and myself. We don't have the volume that the Tournaments group has so we should be quick to respond. However, since you create 10-20 games at once, this is less of an issue than you think. If we CD's run into issues with volume, we will look to add to the team as necessary.

maasman wrote:Would it be possible to not use it then? It looks like Bruce and Namor don't much care for this, so will it be required in the future? It seems like a mixture of both would work well, or maybe allow multiple persons in the clan make games.

Multiple persons will not be done. There really isn't a need. As for not using rights, that's up to the clan involved. If you don't use rights, it may mean more work for the CD's to validate wars and hand out medals. Depending on the design of Season 3 or other clan events, I would likely have to insist on them being used for tracking purposes/medals etc.

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:29 am

i still think this is chucking alot of overwork on those people having to create games...I also think the average for challenges is 60 games not 40.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby jpcloet on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:42 am

Average challenge size is like 38.5 or something close to it. I have 50+ at 40 games and about 21 at 60 games. Challenges are getting larger though.

Again, if you don't want the privileges, you don't have to use them. You can run all the private events you want without rights as it is right now. Based on the medal framework that is being worked on, if you don't use the rights, the required documentation going forward would be more work than using the rights. A number of players said they didn't care about medals, so maybe there will be more challenges without medals than with. Guess we will find out.

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:53 am

well imo....i think the average clan person doesnt really care about medals...like its cool and what not...
Im just not a fan of dumping everything onto 1 person in a clan...
i know many clans are run with every person contributing equally...and the leader is only there as there needs to be one...if that makes sense
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Dako on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:58 am

I still think this is a cool idea and we should implement it. 1 person - clan leader can do so. It will be even easier for him if everyone shares some kind of clan work.

And as for people who don't like it - don't do it. Or hire a war minister for that.

I mean, what is a problem to create 15 games once a month? You do that all the time, just now you will set up the label in addition to a password.

Much easier to do.
Colonel Dako

Postby jpcloet on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Let's try a number analysis like Dako did.

AOD played about 200 challenge games last year in 3 challenges, the equivalent of about 5 40 gamers. That is about 16 per month, however, since only half are home games, that is really only 8 games per month. Plus if you share the MOW position across multiple clan mates, then you should be set.

Now let's go to the extreme. Had I had the privileges to Season1, I would have created 1350 games in 5 months (=270 per month or 67 per week)
Not doable, hence why I asked for help in Season 2.

Season 2 was 1533 games, all created by myself and Marval (almost evenly)

That is equal (per CD) to 24 games PER WEEK.

I will take back an earlier comment, there are possible circumstances where more than 1 clan member would need privileges, however, it should/will be rare.

Postby Dako on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:29 pm

//Supporting jpc in what he said.
Colonel Dako

Postby Namor on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:49 pm

It's not so much the creating of these games that's a problem, as others have pointed out, it's generally only 10-15 games at a time, which won't increase the workload a great deal. Though it does mean I won't be able to ask another Agent to cover for me, at short notice.

The point that I was trying to get across is that a challenge could grind to a halt (mid way), if the clan member with the privilege becomes suddenly unavailable. However, jp has said that a simple PM to him or Masli, could have the privilege transferred. If that can be done within 24 hours then it may not be the problem it first appeared to be. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.
Colonel Namor

Postby jpcloet on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Given that you have to pm us to get the rights, you also have to pm us to have them changed. I will add a provision about changing contacts.

Postby Ace Rimmer on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:11 pm

I support you fully here too JP - great addition to the site and clan wars! It will be much easier to look at opposing clan's wars now with these labels.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Night Strike on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:19 pm

jpcloet wrote:
nagerous wrote:Excellent update. Now we just need the Clans tab at the top. :lol:

I was worried that we'd show up in the Tournaments tab and I know using the Tournaments system could have the odd quirk. In this case, all clan wars would be set to Ongoing, so you'll have to look in active challenges

To be clear, it won't show up on the Default page of the Tournament tab (where all Open Tournaments are listed). You'll still be able to look up all Ongoing, Completed, and Abandoned Clan Challenges by using the Tournament Search and using the Clans tag.
Major Night Strike

Postby phantomzero on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Sounds good to me. Some great discussion here, but let's try it and see how it goes!
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Next

Return to Clan Archives