Conquer Club

Freestyle Tournament

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Freestyle Tournament

Postby dr.lucas on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 am

I was wondering if anyone has run a successful freestyle tournament.

I see a huge advantage to the player joining last but I see plenty of players that enjoy this game setting.

My idea was to restrict players from taking their first turn until 12 hours after the game started. Starting before then would result in penalties or forfeit

Will this be fair?
Sergeant 1st Class dr.lucas

Re: Freestyle Tournament

Postby Sir. Ricco on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:17 am

Plenty of players have run Freestyle tournaments. Currently my ESCS tournaments have a lot of freestyle in it. What I do is invite all the players to the game with the invite system. All the players then have 24 hours to join. If they don't there out. Ones who want to can wait till the very end and then it is really close.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby 40kguy on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:34 am

i do
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby dr.lucas on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:30 pm

40kguy wrote:i do

okay so i see that the map choice can play a factor in the tournament where going first won't matter much

Postby dr.lucas on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:Plenty of players have run Freestyle tournaments. Currently my ESCS tournaments have a lot of freestyle in it. What I do is invite all the players to the game with the invite system. All the players then have 24 hours to join. If they don't there out. Ones who want to can wait till the very end and then it is really close.

So what do you do if a player doesn't join find a reserve and start the game again or just start a new game with one less player?

Postby Sir. Ricco on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:53 pm

dr.lucas wrote:
Sir. Ricco wrote:Plenty of players have run Freestyle tournaments. Currently my ESCS tournaments have a lot of freestyle in it. What I do is invite all the players to the game with the invite system. All the players then have 24 hours to join. If they don't there out. Ones who want to can wait till the very end and then it is really close.

So what do you do if a player doesn't join find a reserve and start the game again or just start a new game with one less player?

Tell the Players that they can drop the game while you find a reserve. Once you get the reserve invite all the players back to the game.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Return to Tournament Archives