Conquer Club

EMPIRE vs The Last Warriors (47-13 of 60) [FINISHED]

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: EMPIRE vs The Last Warriors (27-7 of 60) [second set]

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:10 am

another update...27-7 currently...most of the outstanding games wrapping up in next few days
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby chemefreak on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:24 pm

lord voldemort wrote:another update...27-7 currently...most of the outstanding games wrapping up in next few days

Mercy rule?
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Incandenza on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Wow, a total milk run, who woulda thunk it?
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Don't despair, Empire, I'm sure you'll learn from your loss and take new lessons learnt into your next toughie, Soldiers of War.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Denise on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:18 am

Incandenza wrote:Wow, a total milk run, who woulda thunk it?

the.killing.44 wrote:Don't despair, Empire, I'm sure you'll learn from your loss and take new lessons learnt into your next toughie, Soldiers of War.

I can only speak for myself, but as a first time clan member (and I am not the only one), this challenge has been great training for me. We have exceeded our expectations, but we didn't know upon embarking on this challenge that this would be the case. Most of the more experienced (in challenges) have taken a back seat. We might be considered out of TLW's league, but with so many new players and with some of our top players retiring, we felt caution was the way to go. I for one would have been intimidated to face a top 10 clan for my first time out in a clan challenge.

And why am I getting the feeling this is somehow considered dishonorable? We are giving another up and coming clan an opportunity. We have much more to lose than they. As for the outcome, believe it or not, luck is a factor. I have respect for TLW game play. There were many close matches.
Colonel Denise

Postby slowreactor on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Denise wrote:

the.killing.44 wrote:Don't despair, Empire, I'm sure you'll learn from your loss and take new lessons learnt into your next toughie, Soldiers of War.

I can only speak for myself, but as a first time clan member (and I am not the only one), this challenge has been great training for me. We have exceeded our expectations, but we didn't know upon embarking on this challenge that this would be the case. Most of the more experienced (in challenges) have taken a back seat. We might be considered out of TLW's league, but with so many new players and with some of our top players retiring, we felt caution was the way to go. I for one would have been intimidated to face a top 10 clan for my first time out in a clan challenge.

And why am I getting the feeling this is somehow considered dishonorable? We are giving another up and coming clan an opportunity. We have much more to lose than they. As for the outcome, believe it or not, luck is a factor. I have respect for TLW game play. There were many close matches.

Well put Denise. I actually share this sentiment somewhat, as when I was in my previous clan, the only time we faced off against a top-10 clan was in clan league, against TOFU, and we got completely annihilated. So frankly, I'm also nervous about jumping straight into a top-tier match right away.
Colonel slowreactor

Postby Foxglove on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Denise wrote:

Well said, Denise!

I hope you're enjoying your first clan challenge. :D

Good luck to all the new members of the EMPIRE crew!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Incandenza on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Denise wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not opposed to a warm-up challenge. And if it'd just been this one, I doubt I'd have said anything. But it's the fact that you guys are in a second warm-up challenge featuring a pretty preposterous mismatch, before this one's even completed.

Colonel Incandenza

Postby jj3044 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:02 pm

You are all certainly entitled to your opinion, and we respect that. It'll all make sense soon when you see who we are playing after SoW. :)
Colonel jj3044

Postby Denise on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:33 am

Incandenza wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not opposed to a warm-up challenge. And if it'd just been this one, I doubt I'd have said anything. But it's the fact that you guys are in a second warm-up challenge featuring a pretty preposterous mismatch, before this one's even completed.

Both these challenges were arranged at the same time. We postponed soldiers of war so we wouldn't be in 2 at once. It's been set since before we started playing TLW. Not sure this explanation makes a difference but hopefully it clears up the misconception that we sought out the challenge after we found out how goooood we are :P

jj3044 wrote:You are all certainly entitled to your opinion, and we respect that. It'll all make sense soon when you see who we are playing after SoW. :)

:-$
Colonel Denise

Postby Lubawski on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Incandenza wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not opposed to a warm-up challenge. And if it'd just been this one, I doubt I'd have said anything. But it's the fact that you guys are in a second warm-up challenge featuring a pretty preposterous mismatch, before this one's even completed.

Thought I should answer this as well. Chuck had taken the reigns on getting us in a warm-up challenge. It was his first time doing this, so he sent PMs out to four different clans at once, not realizing we might get more than one yes. We didn't want to back out of a challenge we asked for, so we decided to play both. Like Denise said, many of our war vets are not playing much. I was only in a handful of these. I think I'm in one total of the last set here. I haven't been in any SOW games yet. I'm only going to be in 2 of our 30 home games for that one. On the other hand, I saw that Wolffystyle is getting involved in that challenge, which is awesome since he's been all but retired and usually only pops into our clan forum to for a little shock and awe.

And like Denise said, we have nothing to gain from this. Even if we were to win this one 53-7, which is not going to happen, people will still criticize. By the way, what was THOTA's final result against Death By Comity, who I think was ranked at the bottom at the time?
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Incandenza on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Lol, I've gotten so many PMs from people in Empire that for a second I thought I'd been added to your mailing list. I'll say in public what I've said to a few of you privately: now that I know the facts, I retract my bit of snark.

Colonel Incandenza

Postby chemefreak on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:45 pm

Incandenza wrote:Lol, I've gotten so many PMs from people in Empire that for a second I thought I'd been added to your mailing list. I'll say in public what I've said to a few of you privately: now that I know the facts, I retract my bit of snark.

No! We enjoyed the snark :lol:

Also, what is all the secrecy about the next challenge? If these two challenges are your warm-up for THOTA...good luck with that :roll:
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Lubawski on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:14 am

chemefreak wrote:
Incandenza wrote:Lol, I've gotten so many PMs from people in Empire that for a second I thought I'd been added to your mailing list. I'll say in public what I've said to a few of you privately: now that I know the facts, I retract my bit of snark.

Also, what is all the secrecy about the next challenge? If these two challenges are your warm-up for THOTA...good luck with that :roll:

THOTA has other things to worry about. It's not them
Colonel Lubawski

Postby slowreactor on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:19 am

Lubawski wrote:
chemefreak wrote:

THOTA has other things to worry about. It's not them

or is it? 8-[
Colonel slowreactor

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:53 am

who the bloody hell knows :roll:

Re: EMPIRE vs The Last Warriors (30-7 of 60) [second set]

Postby gogglez on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 am

cheerz
Private gogglez

Re: EMPIRE vs The Last Warriors (30-7 of 60) [second set]

Postby Lubawski on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Game 7455632 Another EMPIRE win
Colonel Lubawski

Re: EMPIRE vs The Last Warriors (37-8 of 60) [second set]

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:43 am

updated the thread...this is officially a win for empire...as the gmaes wrap up...thanks for the challenge tlw

Postby slickstick on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:26 am

lord voldemort wrote:updated the thread...this is officially a win for empire...as the gmaes wrap up...thanks for the challenge tlw

Enjoyed it as well, not so much the losing, but we see as a clan that there is still some work to do so that we will be able to win on a consistent basis, against any team in the future. ;)
Sergeant 1st Class slickstick

Postby ljex on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:33 am

slickstick wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:updated the thread...this is officially a win for empire...as the gmaes wrap up...thanks for the challenge tlw

Enjoyed it as well, not so much the losing, but we see as a clan that there is still some work to do so that we will be able to win on a consistent basis, against any team in the future. ;)

You guys definitely improved from the beginning of the challenge to the end
Major ljex

Postby Denise on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:19 pm

ljex wrote:
slickstick wrote:

You guys definitely improved from the beginning of the challenge to the end

I agree and like I think I said before, the outcome doesn't really tell the whole story. There were a lot of close games. Thanks TLW, that was a lot of fun. =D> =D> =D>
Colonel Denise

Postby soundman on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Thank you Empire for the challenge!
Lieutenant soundman

Re: EMPIRE vs The Last Warriors (42-10 of 60) [second set]

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:34 am

updated...just 8 games left to finish up

Re: EMPIRE vs The Last Warriors (42-10 of 60) [second set]

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:37 pm

I agree with previous posts. I think we had a little luck on our side in a bunch of these games. I thought TLW did a great job and had a much closer challenge than what the score shows.

Well done guys and thanks for the challenge! =D>
Captain Chuuuuck

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges