Welcome to the Clan League: Season 3 (2010-2011). After 2 successful Seasons (Season 1 Winners: THOTA, Season 2 Winners: Legends of War), the CD's have decided to continue on with a format similar to Season 2, but with a few less clans overall given the staying power of some in Division 2 last year.
- Participants must be CLA eligible (do not have to be a current CLA member clan), meaning they have completed at least one 20+ challenge and adhere to the 1 competitive clan rule. Clans that meet the 1 clan rule, but may not have completed a 20+ challenge can be added upon the discretion of the Clan Directors
- There will be 4 Divisions being 4 Premier Divisions (either 5 or 6 Clan per depending on signups, all subsequent analysis in the post will assume 6), There will be no Secondary Division this year.
- Clans will be placed in the Season 3 league based on performance in Season 2 regular season, and a defined play in process will be outlined upon signups for the remaining spots
- Each clan will play their other 5 division mates 9 games home & away for 90 total games (9 games * 2 home/away) * 5 clans
- Each team has 5 play weeks (generally every-other week), and each week will be both home and away for a full 18 game set for the 2 clans battling
- All maps and games are equally weighted at 1.00 for all league results.
- The top 2 Clans in each division will be sent to the bracket playoffs
- Playoffs and relegation will be a 8Q-7T-4D with each side choosing 4Q-3T-2D as described below as the regular season format. The additional triples map will be Random-Esc-Chained-Sunny.
- The top 4 clans in each Division will be automatically eligible for Season 4.
- Schedule is slated for the Season to run from September 18th for the play in clans, and the main component from about Oct 19, 2010 with playoffs estimated to end early March 2011. Hopefully this helps with those clans still competing in the CCup
- 4 Quadruples - Clan's Choice of Settings
- 3 Triples - Clan's Choice of Settings
- 2 Doubles - Clan's Choice of Settings
- No Manual, No Nuclear,No Freestyle, No Speed, No Beta Maps.
- Given that a clan will only be making 45 home games and that there are over 150 maps available, plus considering some element of home advantage, no map can be chosen more than twice during the regular season and in addition, no repeats in your 9 home sets. Maps can be chosen for a 3rd time in the playoffs, but then not again.
- Random maps are allowed to be used as much as the home team chooses.
- Does not have to be fixed teams. Players can play in more than 1 home game and more than 1 away game.
- NEW RULE - In each challenge week of 18 games, a minimum of 10 players must be used, and one player cannot play more than 6 games. FYI, in general for medal and All-Star consideration, the average player will need to play in 3 games of the 18 games, but depends on how many players you play from your clan. The CD suggestion is that you have at least 20-25 players across the entire season.
- Season 3 will be run with game creation rights and will be given to 1 person in each clan.
- The primary contacts are asked to make games a few days before the start of their play week, post the game numbers only in the "order" threads, and then notify jpcloet, masli that the games have been made.
- The league contact is responsible for tracking their home maps, however, since this is now up front it should be much easier. If you create a repeat map, it will be a default win.
- The league contacts (and clan teammates) are all responsible for making sure their clan fills games. Home clans are asked to fill the games within 3 days and Away clans are asked to join within 4 days once the home team has joined first. This should be easier given you will know in advanced which games are coming your way. Ideally by the Sunday night, most games for that week should be filled.
- Clans will default the game if they put too many players into any game.
Clan Action Required
Each Clan Needs to Post the Following
- Clan Name
- Primary Contact
- Secondary Contact
The Clan All-Star Teams
Using the Tournament Stats script, the Clan Directors will be naming a First Team (Doubles-Triples-Quads plus 2 reserves) 11 Player All-Star team along with the Top Player Award.
The league results will be added to the appropriate ladder
Season 4 considerations - Expansion to 4 Groups of 6, if Season 3 plays out with 4 Groups of 5.
Any deemed abuse should be brought to the attention of the Clan Directors
Clan League (Season 3) - Index:
- Clan League (Season 3) - Division A Schedules and Order Thread
- Clan League (Season 3) - Division B Schedules and Order Thread
- Clan League (Season 3) - Division C Schedules and Order Thread
- Clan League (Season 3) - Division D Schedules and Order Thread
- Clan League (Season 3) - Standing Tables & Results
Based on public commentary and question, rules changes could still be considered prior to starting.