Conquer Club

Play-Now Tournaments

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Play-Now Tournaments

Postby Night Strike on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Play-Now Tournaments
(Formerly Reserves Threads Policy)
Announced May 8, 2008
Revised August 10, 2010

In nearly every tournament, there are players who sign up to compete but never show up when it comes time to join their game(s). Most tournaments start out with a couple reserves for just such a case, but what should the organizer do when their list has been depleted? The option to start sending PMs to players is always there, but many organizers have chosen to create a new thread specifically for recruiting reserves. In an effort to help players interested in play-now spots sift through those requests more quickly, we're now going to combine all the reserves request threads into one permanent stickied thread at the top of the Create/Join a Tournament Forum. Here's how the thread will work:

• ORGANIZERS ONLY will make one new post in the thread requesting reserves for their tournament.
  • The post needs to include information on the # of reserves needed, the game settings, and a link to the main thread.
  • A player wishing to join a Play-Now Tournament must go to the actual tournament thread and post only in that thread if they are interested in joining. Player-posts in the stickied thread will be deleted without notification (whether the organizer gets their interest or not).
  • ONE WEEK after the organizer's post is made, it will be deleted from the thread to keep the thread from becoming cluttered. If your reserve need is filled before the one week has ended, please edit out the text of your post and it will be deleted by a Director.
  • Here's an example post:
    Point Grabbers VII

I am looking for 3 players who are interested in playing in the Point Grabbers VII tournament. The games are 1 vs 1 with flat rate spoils and chained reinforcements. If you would like to join the fun, please post in the thread linked below, or contact Optimus Prime with a PM.

Point Grabbers VII
  • If you still need reserves after the one week, you may make a new post.

This new method of finding reserves should make it easier on players as they do not have to sift through several threads in the forum to find the tournaments that are immediately taking players. It should also help organizers by making sure all reserve players are posted in their tournament thread and they don't have to check multiple places for reserves. Anyone is still welcome to send out PMs to gain reserves. The stickied thread will also have a permanent entry as an Open Tournament in the Tournament Database.
Major Night Strike

Re: Play-Now Tournaments

Postby Dako on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:02 am

You might also say that interested players can subscribe to the forum topic via Control Panel or RSS reader - they will receive a notification of the new post (ie new callout for reserves) made in the topic.

This way all the interested people in play-now tournaments will be notified about the slots right away!
Colonel Dako

Postby Night Strike on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:54 am

Dako wrote:You might also say that interested players can subscribe to the forum topic via Control Panel or RSS reader - they will receive a notification of the new post (ie new callout for reserves) made in the topic.

This way all the interested people in play-now tournaments will be notified about the slots right away!

Awesome idea. I added it to the bottom of the post in that thread.
Major Night Strike

Postby amazzony on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:20 am

Cool addition, thanks for it! Hopefully it will make finding reserves easier in the future :D
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby amazzony on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:37 am

My first experience with this is great :D For 2009-10 NCAA Football 1v1 tournament I got 4 reserves (needed only 2) with less than 24 hours and first person signed up 11 hours after I made the post.
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby sensfan on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:54 am

My experience with this unbelievable! Within 4 hours I found the person I needed! Thank you!
:D
Last edited by sensfan on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby Sir. Ricco on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:58 am

sensfan wrote:mini hockey season

I need someone to play on team Gladiators in the mini hockey season. It is a tourney consisting of 82 rounds, and you will be playing 4 to 5 games per round. I am looking for a premium, but freemium may be accepted. Tournament starts sunday. Please pm me if you are interested.

Here's the link: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=122716

This isn't the place. http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=124042
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby barterer2002 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Looks like we're going to need a couple in the History of the World.
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=124056&start=120

1 game at a time
varied settings/maps-themed to History of US
Round 1 played on New World 5 player escalating unlimited sequential fog
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Lindax on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:10 pm

barterer2002 wrote:Looks like we're going to need a couple in the History of the World.

1 game at a time

Wrong thread Bart. I copied it in the other thread. ;)

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Sir. Ricco on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:10 am

Lindax wrote:
barterer2002 wrote:Looks like we're going to need a couple in the History of the World.

1 game at a time

Wrong thread Bart. I copied it in the other thread. ;)

Lx

You should lock this thread.
Captain Sir. Ricco

Return to Tournament Archives