Conquer Club

Assault Stop (Add-on request/Suggestion)

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Assault Stop (Add-on request/Suggestion)

Postby Johnohue on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:18 pm

I have been playing a lot of city mogul games, in which you must weaken a substation with one territ so that another more powerful stack can move through. However if you hit the auto assault button, the first territ might take the substation leaving you stuck. The script would simply be activated when you want to use it and would have an option like this:

Keep attacking until defender has ____ or few troops remaining

or

Keep attacking until attacker has ___ or few troops remaining

or a combination of the two

Keep attacking until Defender has ___ or few troops remaining or until Attacker has ___ or few troops remaining

This would be much easier than continually hitting the ASSAULT button until the defender's troops are less than 3.

If this was already suggested, please tell me :)
Lieutenant Johnohue

Re: Assault Stop (Add-on request/Suggestion)

Postby ScavengerType on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:18 pm

man this should be a script, I almost wish I knew how to write one of these scripty things.
I mean, anyone who has played a game with large numbers of forces on the borders would find this crazy helpful.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby Furkin! on Sun May 30, 2010 2:47 pm

I came on here to post about the very same thing. You could also have the option to assault a set number of times. For example, you could have the number 5 selected and every time you hit the assault button, 5 assaults would take place. It would be 5 times faster than manual assault, and it allows you to reassess the situation after every click without having to bear the tedium of manual assault.

You could have a drop down box with maybe just a few numbers, say, (1,2,3,5,10,100). You could get rid of the auto assault button altogether, and just have the manual assault button deploy the number of attacks selected. At the beginning of the player's turn, the dropdown box with the numbers (1,2,3,5,10,100) will default to having the number 1 selected. This will prevent the attacker from accidentally deploying too many attacks. After the attacker selects the number he wants, the number of attacks will default to the last number he has selected.
Major Furkin!

Postby sherkaner on Sun May 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Ow wait, something like this is in Clickable maps. If you click ctrl and auto-assault, you can input the amount of armies you want to have left over.
If you put in 5, it will stop when you either defeat the country you attacked or when you have 5 or 6 armies left on the attacking territory.

And in the last version, you can also limit the other side, if you put in '/1' it will stop if there are 1 or 2 armies remaining on the attacked territory (or you can't attack any more).
If you put in both, it will stop at the one that is reached first.
Not too user-friendly, but it works.

(sorry for missing this thread earlier btw.)
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ender516 on Sun May 30, 2010 10:48 pm

sherkaner wrote:Ow wait, something like this is in Clickable maps. If you click ctrl and auto-assault, you can input the amount of armies you want to have left over.
If you put in 5, it will stop when you either defeat the country you attacked or when you have 5 or 6 armies left on the attacking territory.

And in the last version, you can also limit the other side, if you put in '/1' it will stop if there are 1 or 2 armies remaining on the attacked territory (or you can't attack any more).
If you put in both, it will stop at the one that is reached first.
Not too user-friendly, but it works.

(sorry for missing this thread earlier btw.)

So you can pound an enemy's stack down to almost nothing, without actually taking the territory? Hmm, that could be quite useful.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Furkin! on Mon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm

I don't understand. I pressed ctrl auto-assault and it just auto-assaulted. I didn't get an input screen.
Major Furkin!

Postby sherkaner on Mon May 31, 2010 3:00 pm

Yeah, I thought of that later. It doesn't work when you press the button, only when you right-click on the territory on the map (normal settings). I should actually change it so it works for both cases.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby barrycarter on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:37 am

OK, I just tried this and it brings up a confirmation box asking if you want to auto-assault. There's no "how many troops" option?
Sergeant 1st Class barrycarter

Postby ScavengerType on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:40 pm

coding to make a succession of attacks should be easy. I think clickable maps could probibly do this within their existing program easily as well. For example put a floating variable over an attack place (in the same fashion as in troop movements) and if the user clicks left the forces make X number of attacks, if the player auto assaults the attacks continue until the user has X (or x-1) troops. Now I dono much about coding but that seems well within the realm of programming capability shown in clickable maps.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby Resin8 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:32 pm

I found this thread while searching for the same feature. In a game, I had a large stack but wanted to stop attacking when I had 20 left - enough to protect against attacks from other players.
Sergeant 1st Class Resin8

Return to Tools Suggestions