Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 214

[GP]Zombie Spoils

Postby greenoaks on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:36 am

Concise description:
The spoils cashed turn the territory neutral.

Specifics/Details:
Unlike Nuclear spoils which reduces a territory to 1 neutral, in Zombie spoils the troops remain but become neutral. They do not attack/advance and they do not receive auto-deploys or territory bonuses.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
This adds another element to gameplay.
Last edited by greenoaks on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: Zombie Spoils

Postby DaveH on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:57 am

Good title and idea!
Corporal DaveH

Postby General Brewsie on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 am

I agree with DaveH on both accounts, the idea and the name of the characteristic.
Lieutenant General Brewsie

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:43 am

I'm in favor of this, interesting and fun element
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Yes, another good idea...seems like deja vu. I would like to kick some Zombie ASS!
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:56 pm

YES
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Darwins_Bane on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:00 pm

Perhaps you should check out this suggestion. It might interest you.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:16 pm

Darwins_Bane wrote:Perhaps you should check out this suggestion. It might interest you.

A very cool suggestion, that is. But it's not quite the same. This is much simpler and the neutrals would be non-aggressive.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby greenoaks on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Darwins_Bane wrote:Perhaps you should check out this suggestion. It might interest you.

i know about that as i was there all those years ago when the method of attack/target choice was being refined. i suppose i should read the last few pages of it to see why it died.

besides the word Zombie this suggestion has no relation to that one. i'd thought of a few other headings such as Rebellion Spoils but Zombie just jumps out as a suitable name ie. your troops are still there but they will never be yours again.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Clockwork11 on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:56 pm

Totally for this idea. I think we need more spoils options.
Private 1st Class Clockwork11

Postby Darwins_Bane on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:54 pm

greenoaks wrote:

i know about that as i was there all those years ago when the method of attack/target choice was being refined. i suppose i should read the last few pages of it to see why it died.

besides the word Zombie this suggestion has no relation to that one. i'd thought of a few other headings such as Rebellion Spoils but Zombie just jumps out as a suitable name ie. your troops are still there but they will never be yours again.

Perhaps it's just me but for me, zombies implies something that attacks, albeit mindlessly. i feel like this option is still to similar to nuke spoils tho. the only thing that really differentiates the two is that instead of reducing the neutral to a 1, all of the troops remain instead. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I am merely remarking at my personal thoughts on the subject.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 am

I don't like the idea. One of the fun features of nuclear is that you can't build up any large forces to protect bonuses. This option would let you build up large stacks on the outside borders of bonuses, and if you get nuked, you're still protected by a neutral force. Seems like it would lead to a lot more stalemates.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:22 am

Maybe change it to Switzerland spoils then? 8-[
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby General Brewsie on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:46 am

CreepersWiener wrote:Yes, another good idea...seems like deja vu. I would like to kick some Zombie ASS!

Seems like a rather antisocial, aggressive, even violent response. Like the kind that inspires vandalism where the perpetrator feels that he will not be caught doing things counter to the welfare of society. Graffiti in public restroom stalls, street lights shot out with pellet guns, car key scratches on cars in parking lots, etc. Come on, Weiner, even zombies have the right to live. (Don't they?) :lol:

Postby General Brewsie on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:55 am

drunkmonkey wrote:I don't like the idea. One of the fun features of nuclear is that you can't build up any large forces to protect bonuses. This option would let you build up large stacks on the outside borders of bonuses, and if you get nuked, you're still protected by a neutral force. Seems like it would lead to a lot more stalemates.

I agree with drunkmonkey's assessment of the affect of the nuke configuration, but I don't agree that not being able to build stacks easily is a good thing. I think that by leaving a 1-army "bridge" instead of eliminating it as we do in Nuclear we would be adding an interesting option at the same time as we would be eliminating a different one, but at the same time eliminating a major cause of creating games that drag on far too long.

Postby greenoaks on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:57 am

Darwins_Bane wrote:i feel like this option is still to similar to nuke spoils tho. the only thing that really differentiates the two is that instead of reducing the neutral to a 1, all of the troops remain instead. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I am merely remarking at my personal thoughts on the subject.

exactly, it is similar to Nukes. just like Escalating is similar to Flat Rate but instead of the amount being fixed the troops received escalates.

too often i nuke someone to break their bonus but they reacquire that territory easily the next round as it is only a 1. under this spoils format reacquiring that territory is not so easy if you had several troops on it.

it is a small but critical difference between the two types.

as for the name, my initial concept was along the lines of Renegades or Freedom Fighters obtaining independence from your armies (or your enemies) but i was thinking if they can cede from you then you might be able to convince them to come back to the fold. whereas Zombies aren't returned to life - if you want to enter their territory they must be killed in their entirety. (if you have a different name suggestion i am happy to hear it)

drunkmonkey wrote:I don't like the idea. One of the fun features of nuclear is that you can't build up any large forces to protect bonuses. This option would let you build up large stacks on the outside borders of bonuses, and if you get nuked, you're still protected by a neutral force. Seems like it would lead to a lot more stalemates.

but you no longer get your territory bonus and now have a difficult time re-obtaining it. a different strategy may be required. ;)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:18 am

greenoaks wrote:

but you no longer get your territory bonus and now have a difficult time re-obtaining it. a different strategy may be required. ;)

I was talking about building forces just outside the bonus. For instance, on classic map, if you hold Oceania and build on Bangkok, or hold S.A. and build on Dakar & Mexico City. Your bonuses stay protected (possibly even more protected, because players are more hesitant to waste troops killing neutrals).
Major drunkmonkey

Postby greenoaks on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:41 am

but only if by chance they hit the stack and not your bonus

and if they hit the stack you can't advance so you get no more cards, it will only be a matter of time before they cash a card that breaks your bonus
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby RedFlyingGolf on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:04 pm

i like it
High score: 1991 Captain
Achieved November 21th, 2010
Private 1st Class RedFlyingGolf

Postby Qwert on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:57 am

now these sugestion give me idea
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby tatianair on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:37 am

I like it!
Cadet tatianair

Postby smithrog on Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Clockwork11 wrote:Totally for this idea. I think we need more spoils options.

I agree
Cook smithrog

Postby jrh_cardinal on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:01 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:it would lead to a lot more stalemates.

this
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby greenoaks on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:21 pm

jrh_cardinal wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:it would lead to a lot more stalemates.

this

i don't see how it would lead to any more than nuclear spoils does
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby MichelSableheart on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:09 pm

In nuclear spoils, troops disappear from the board rapidly. The 1 neutral that remains is easily taken, which increases agression. If instead the complete stack remains, you are likely to create large neutral stacks, which players are hesitant to conquer, thereby reducing agression. I have to agree that stalemates are more likely to occur then in nuclear spoils. However, I doubt they would be as bad as a no spoils stalemate, because the neutral stacks stop growing, and will eventually be outmatched.

I like the concept, and think it may well be worth trying out.
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions