Conquer Club

Teammate Spoils

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Teammate Spoils

Postby greenoaks on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:Finally! Putting something on the site that was a script! We scriptless ones need more of these scripted tools to be integrated into the site!

Thank you lackattack!

this use to be a script

My Spoils ([bracketed] if owned, next set worth 8 troops)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Forza AZ on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:50 am

A suggestion. I noticed that team mate spoils don't show bold if they are held by the teammate concerned. Would be nice if they show bold so you can directly see what spoils give your team mate an extra bonus.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:31 am

This update is cool.

One suggestion. Can there be a setting somewhere so that auto show or auto hide is on. Some want them hidden, others want to see them!

Thanks!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby greenoaks on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:56 am

Forza AZ wrote:A suggestion. I noticed that team mate spoils don't show bold if they are held by the teammate concerned. Would be nice if they show bold so you can directly see what spoils give your team mate an extra bonus.

what would be the point of that,

wouldn't it be better if they were bold because you held the territory that way you'd know if eliminating them gets you the bonus
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:33 am

greenoaks wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:A suggestion. I noticed that team mate spoils don't show bold if they are held by the teammate concerned. Would be nice if they show bold so you can directly see what spoils give your team mate an extra bonus.

So you know where they're getting a bonus if they cash?

wouldn't it be better if they were bold because you held the territory that way you'd know if eliminating them gets you the bonus

There are much fewer cases where that would be useful.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby ram1961 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:29 am

Every player can benefit from these upgrades. Probably one of the best announcements so far. Thanks for all the hard work making the site exceptional.
Corporal 1st Class ram1961

Postby lackattack on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:29 am

I forgot to add the credits! :oops:

Credits

Thanks to Gilligan for his suggestion for teammate spoils, to Dako for his script to share teammate spoils, to sherkaner for updating BOB and Clickable Maps, and to blakebowling for contributing the CC Time BBCode!
Sergeant lackattack

Postby blakebowling on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:16 pm

lackattack wrote:I forgot to add the credits! :oops:

Credits

Thanks to Gilligan for his suggestion for teammate spoils, to Dako for his script to share teammate spoils, to sherkaner for updating BOB and Clickable Maps, and to blakebowling for contributing the CC Time BBCode!

Now go add in my other contributions lack :ugeek:
Private blakebowling

Postby anonymus on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:15 pm

so this is why i get duble spoils whenever i use the script?

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby Industrial Helix on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Perhaps it would be better if teammate spoils were shown by default and could be hidden if chosen.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby Leehar on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Perhaps it would be better if teammate spoils were shown by default and could be hidden if chosen.

I'm sure this was mentioned in the Teammate spoils poll/suggestions (either 1, 2 or 3) where I think the majority may have chose hidden by default, show if chosen (think there were some complaints along the lines of wasting space beneath the screen where you'd rather have action buttons :roll:)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Leehar wrote:
Industrial Helix wrote:Perhaps it would be better if teammate spoils were shown by default and could be hidden if chosen.

I'm sure this was mentioned in the Teammate spoils poll/suggestions (either 1, 2 or 3) where I think the majority may have chose hidden by default, show if chosen (think there were some complaints along the lines of wasting space beneath the screen where you'd rather have action buttons :roll:)

Take note of the shown or hidden. I think users should be able to pick which one they want.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Leehar on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Leehar wrote:

Take note of the shown or hidden. I think users should be able to pick which one they want.

Yeah, but they've already stated they don't really want to give to many option choices since time will be diverted to debugging those things instead of other choices, so I doubt we're likely going to see too much power given to the people here ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ram1961 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Is there any chance you could change the text color of the [Show/hide teammate spoils] button from blue to something else, but not red or green? Each time I look at my spoils I think I have another blue spoil, only to realize it is the button to view the other spoils on the team. Pick any other color other than red green or blue and I'll be happy.
Corporal 1st Class ram1961

Postby joriki on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:14 am

I agree with Forza AZ and drunkmonkey on this.

drunkmonkey wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

General joriki

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:40 am

lackattack wrote:I forgot to add the credits! :oops:

Credits

Thanks guys. This is great.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:43 am

ram1961 wrote:Is there any chance you could change the text color of the [Show/hide teammate spoils] button from blue to something else, but not red or green? Each time I look at my spoils I think I have another blue spoil, only to realize it is the button to view the other spoils on the team. Pick any other color other than red green or blue and I'll be happy.

What if there was a gap so It's not right beside them? It doesn't look at all like a spoil to me but I can see where it might if you're checking a ton of maps or something.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:52 pm

About damn time you got around to adding that CC Time, lackattack. Andy and I only spent 12 months trying to convince you. Ha!
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby samuelc812 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:44 am

Awesome :)

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby ignatious on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:25 pm

This is a great update - thank you! Would just suggest the toggle not be the same color blue as the blue cards...
Major ignatious

Postby Dako on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:44 am

Yes - that is why I made the toggle button purple (as visited link color). Maybe change it as well?
Colonel Dako

Postby lackattack on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:43 am

ignatious wrote:This is a great update - thank you! Would just suggest the toggle not be the same color blue as the blue cards...

Unfortunately blue links is a standard across the website. I added some space between the cards and the toggle... does that help?
Sergeant lackattack

Postby ignatious on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:59 am

It does - again very cool feature, thank you!
Major ignatious

Postby Incandenza on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:01 pm

joriki wrote:I agree with Forza AZ and drunkmonkey on this.

drunkmonkey wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Would like to add my two cents that it would be very handy if teammate cards were bolded (for their terits, not mine, as drunkmonkey said the former is far far more useful than the latter)
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby lackattack on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:28 am

I'm concerned that if I bold them, people would become confused as to which ownership we are calculating.
Sergeant lackattack

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives