Conquer Club

World 2.0/1 Map [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: World 2.0/1 Map [Quenched]

Postby MrBenn on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:14 pm

This was the result of a site bug which has now been fixed: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=111229
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby marcooo on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:53 pm

I would very like a bigger map. Isnt there an option to make a bigger map with all te countries, i think there are enough player who want to play that. Only bad thing is that you have to scroll very much.

I think it would be fun to add every country in the world:D. This would mean that you need to be very strategic to win the game.

greetz,

Marcooo
Colonel marcooo

Postby natty dread on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:12 pm

If you want big maps, play Hive... unfortunately Lackattack has set us these size restrictions for maps and as long as they are in place we can not make bigger maps.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby TenHanger on Sat May 01, 2010 2:28 pm

World 2.1 needs bonuses update
by TenHanger on Apr 30th, '10, 21:37

I love world 2.1, it's the best; however, it needs some bonuses to be updated to reflect actual difficulty levels in obtaining the bonus. Outright, Europe getting 6 extra men just for conquering 5 "extras" countries is WAY too generous. To get Europe is almost the easiest feat in the game. Unlike Central America, which is always under attack, Scandanavia has no natural enemies and is easily conquered and defended. From there, it's just a matter of time to get central europe for 3, and then it's easy to get the rest for SIX! While in "RISK" Europe is nearly impossible to get an hold, this is not the case in World 2.1. So this reward is too generous, and really makes it hard on the other players who actually have to work to obtain and defend their bonuses. The guy who gets dealt a good hand in Europe, is automatically at huge advantage.

SECOND SUGGESTION: The all-of-asia bonus is just THREE? I've actually never seen anyone get the Asia bonus it's so hard. By the time anyone gets it, the game is over anyway. So as extra incentive to get people to try for it, THAT bonus should be 6 or 7. Still likely to happen very little, but at least it will be tempting and menacing for someone to obtain it.

THIRD SUGGESTION: No one can get or hold Arabian bonus. It should be rewarded heavily, with at LEAST a 5 bonus similar to Redfrika. Like Europe in "RISK", Arabia is CONSTANTLY right in between the easiest of all bonuses, Eastfrika (orange) and India bonus. So the owners of these two bonsuses, PLUS the owner of Europe always battle for this bonus of a mere 4. If one actually gets it, it should be worth 5 minimum, and 6 might be logical.

Call this world 2.2 or 3.0 with the simple changes, and I guarantee (especially the Europe x 11 thing) the game is better. At the very least, take Europe down to just a 10.

sinc'y,
TenHanger
Sergeant TenHanger

Postby AAFitz on Wed May 05, 2010 10:24 am

TenHanger wrote:World 2.1 needs bonuses update

I love world 2.1, it's the best; however, it needs some bonuses to be updated to reflect actual difficulty levels in obtaining the bonus. Outright, Europe getting 6 extra men just for conquering 5 "extras" countries is WAY too generous. To get Europe is almost the easiest feat in the game. Unlike Central America, which is always under attack, Scandanavia has no natural enemies and is easily conquered and defended. From there, it's just a matter of time to get central europe for 3, and then it's easy to get the rest for SIX! While in "RISK" Europe is nearly impossible to get an hold, this is not the case in World 2.1. So this reward is too generous, and really makes it hard on the other players who actually have to work to obtain and defend their bonuses. The guy who gets dealt a good hand in Europe, is automatically at huge advantage.

SECOND SUGGESTION: The all-of-asia bonus is just THREE? I've actually never seen anyone get the Asia bonus it's so hard. By the time anyone gets it, the game is over anyway. So as extra incentive to get people to try for it, THAT bonus should be 6 or 7. Still likely to happen very little, but at least it will be tempting and menacing for someone to obtain it.

THIRD SUGGESTION: No one can get or hold Arabian bonus. It should be rewarded heavily, with at LEAST a 5 bonus similar to Redfrika. Like Europe in "RISK", Arabia is CONSTANTLY right in between the easiest of all bonuses, Eastfrika (orange) and India bonus. So the owners of these two bonsuses, PLUS the owner of Europe always battle for this bonus of a mere 4. If one actually gets it, it should be worth 5 minimum, and 6 might be logical.

Call this world 2.2 or 3.0 with the simple changes, and I guarantee (especially the Europe x 11 thing) the game is better. At the very least, take Europe down to just a 10.

sinc'y,
TenHanger

Well, nearly 300000 games have been played on 2.1, its not going to change for just a few little corrections in bonus recalculations, since the current ones work quite well. If a new map based on the world is made however, these would make sense to consider.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AAFitz on Wed May 05, 2010 10:28 am

TenHanger wrote:World 2.1 needs bonuses update

sinc'y,
TenHanger

Well, nearly 300000 games have been played on 2.1, its not going to change for just a few little corrections in bonus recalculations, since the current ones work quite well, and, because of the size of the map, those few bonus changes would actually mean very little to very few games. If a new map based on the world is made however, these would make sense to consider.

What Im saying is, you are probably even right, but its mostly irrelevant. The bonuses mean so little that they simply dont have to be perfect on a map this big, and the uniformity of play far outweighs any need for perfection when it comes to perceived bonus value. Its kind of like arguing about which presidents are on Mt Rushmore. You may have a case for 4 better ones, but unless you make a new mountain, its all conjecture.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby natty dread on Wed May 05, 2010 10:35 am

The more popular a map, the harder it is to get gameplay changed...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby littlejerry on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:37 pm

I like it! It would be something for more experienced players -- a better challenge!
It seems well suited to the one turn per day style, with plenty of time to plan between turns. I agree it may need to be modified, but only slightly. But what about the 'blank' areas, like Greenland and Eastern Europe. Shouldn't they be 'counted' as well, regardless of current political situations (which change almost daily)?
It's a good map and I encourage you to go forward with this.
Corporal 1st Class littlejerry

Postby CelticKraut on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:44 am

The 1200x600 map or even bigger would be awesome. Just think if there was like a 16 player version with 4 teams of 4 people. That would be epic as hell.
Cadet CelticKraut

Postby flo205 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:47 am

where could I get this map in printable version to play on board?
Private 1st Class flo205

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:51 am

Just for a bit of clarification do Tierra del Fuego and/or Chile belong to the La Plata region? Thanks, itĀ“s a great map, I like how sometimes you can do your own thing because there are so many regions where people are fighting, leaving a few other areas nearly uncontested. Thanks a lot!
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Postby ender516 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:11 pm

WorldCup4James wrote:Just for a bit of clarification do Tierra del Fuego and/or Chile belong to the La Plata region? Thanks, itĀ“s a great map, I like how sometimes you can do your own thing because there are so many regions where people are fighting, leaving a few other areas nearly uncontested. Thanks a lot!

No, neither is part of La Plata. They, like Guyanas and North East Brazil, are only part of the overall South America bonus.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:27 pm

Okay, cool. Kind of a new idea that isnĀ“t on the Classic map. I guess they kind of serve as buffer countries to defend your regions.

Postby ender516 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Yes, I suppose they do. I just see them as the leftovers which complete the continents which are mostly made up of smaller regions more suitable to gameplay. There are some of these leftovers on each continent, coloured to match the box next to the "Continent (total)" lines of the legend. They also do NOT appear in the little inset map, since they have no bonus of their own -- they only complete the superbonus. (Sorry if this is a little obvious to you or others reading this topic, but you never know when a new recruit may come looking around.)

Postby WorldCup4James on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:10 pm

Okay yeah, now I notice how obvious it is.

World 2.1

Postby derivative133 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:04 am

Is Greece connected to Turkey?
Thanks.

PS I did search! :D
Major derivative133

Re: World 2.1

Postby TheSaxlad on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:09 am

derivative133 wrote:Is Greece connected to Turkey?
Thanks.

Yes it should be, why are you having problems with attacking it?

if so report in bugs. :D

hopes this helps
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby derivative133 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:14 am

No problems, I love the map. I just want to make sure before I waste a bunch of troops. Thanks
Major derivative133

Postby ender516 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:35 pm

I think this should really be attached to the appropriate topic in the Viewing Gallery.

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:47 am

derivative133 wrote:Is Greece connected to Turkey?
Thanks.

[Merged]
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Langobardi on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Instead of using political borders why not use major cultural zones that would decrease the # of countries while increasing there size.
Private Langobardi

Postby ender516 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:02 pm

Langobardi wrote:Instead of using political borders why not use major cultural zones that would decrease the # of countries while increasing there size.

This map is not likely to change, but that's a good idea for a new one, intermediate in size between this one and the Classic map. Put some more thought into this, and post it in the Melting Pot of the Map Foundry.

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:13 pm

One question. Why is it called 2.1?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby MrBenn on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:57 am

patrickaa317 wrote:One question. Why is it called 2.1?

As far as I know, it was originally called "World 2", and the original mapmaker made some minor changes after it first went live, and it got renamed to maintain versioning.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas