Conquer Club

Annual Risk Classic: Mini-Edition

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

Annual Risk Classic: Mini-Edition

Postby TheSaxlad on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Dispatch Mini Issue
The Annual Risk Classic

Remember the days of sitting around the kitchen table with your parents, brothers, sisters, friends, aunts, uncles, cousins, and playing a good old-fashioned board game? It was a time of laughter, togetherness, sharing, growing, discovery, and camaraderie. My favorite game as a kid was RISK. My father taught me how to play when I was eight years old and I have been a die-hard RISK nut ever since. The game taught me patience and how to win and lose graciously, not to mention math and geography.

But, how often do we do that anymore? With the advent of the computer age and electronic gaming, it seems as though the board game is slowly becoming a relic. Unfortunately, not only is the enjoyment of playing the game itself lost, but also the valuable time shared with those closest to you. Additionally, in today’s fast paced world, it just seems to be so difficult to simply find three hours to set aside to play a game of RISK.

The Annual RISK Classic has been established to help keep the tradition of family and fun alive. Run by a staff with over 70 years of collective tournament experience, we present the Annual RISK Classic, a competitive RISK tournament that welcomes players of all ages and backgrounds who simply love to play the game of RISK.

The environment at our tournament is one of friendship, family, and spirited gamesmanship. So, come and test your skills against some of the best RISK players in the world and perhaps you could walk away the champion.
Carter Ruth (Risk Classic Website)

So here it is guys and gals. This new tournament takes some of the great classic elements you love and adds a twist! This years annual tournament is set to start with a bang, and start with a bang it shall. In this Special, one off mini-edition of the Conquer Club Dispatch we have an interview with Tournament Director Steelhorse, one of the brains behind the operation. We announce the people who are the Conquer Club official flag bearers for the event and have interviews with all of them. We even have a piece on the history of risk, written by our own dispatch reporter rdsrds2120!

So sit back relax and have a read, you could still be there.

TheSaxlad

show: Interview With Steelhorse

Next in this special dispatch edition, rdsrds2120 has kindly consented to write us a special article on the History of risk, and here it is.

History of Risk by rdsrds2120

show: History Of Risk

Ok and now for the bit you have all been waiting for. After some hard discussion by the Mods and Admins, I can finally announce who are the Official Conquer Club Flag bearers and the recipients of
* A FREE choice of a t-shirt/longshirt from our CC Shop to wear at the event.
* 3 Months of FREE Premium Membership.
* A General Contribution Medal describing their participation in the Annual Risk Classic as a Conquer Club Flag-bearer..

So give a big hand to your flagbearers;
Godd, bristow47,cpurcell, Flow520,Gilligan and Redbaron0, Who will all be representing CC at the Tourney, now lets see what they have got to say about themselves...

show: Godd

show: bristow47

show: cpurcell

show: flow520

show: Gilligan

show: Redbaron0

So there we have it folks the end of our little Mini-Edition for the Annual Risk Classic. But the fun doesn't stop here, you can still sign up for the Annual Risk Tournament on the website http://www.annualriskclassic.com and who knows, you could be the next winner...

But until the next time, Happy Conquering :)

===============================================================================
Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscibe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
Last edited by TheSaxlad on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Re: Annual Risk Classic: Mini-Edition

Postby nagerous on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Excellent work TheSaxLad, good luck to all those competing this weekend! =D>
Captain nagerous

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:27 pm

I echo nagerous.
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Steelhorse on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Superb interview, Sax. Thanks to all of the CC Flagbearers for their enthusiasm. It's going to be one hell of a fun weekend. And of course, many thanks to Lack, Andy, and alot of other people here on CC for their support in my little venture.
Lieutenant Steelhorse

Postby amazzony on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:54 am

I'll echo the echo of nag... erm, what I mean - well done, Sax and Co! =D>
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:17 am

amazzony wrote:I'll echo the echo of nag... erm, what I mean - well done, Sax and Co! =D>

amazzony is my echo!
Ha-cha!
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby TheSaxlad on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks Guys.

:) was fun doing it, now have a greater understanding of what its like to be nagerous.

FYI, not easy.

:)
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Return to Newsletter Issues