Conquer Club

Question

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Question

Postby Yojimbo28 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:56 am

I've been running two tournaments for a couple of months now, and the other day I created a game for one tournament but in the tournament drop-down box, I chose the other tournament's name. So now the game is made, and the players are playing it, but the game's label says it's for a different tournament. This isn't a big deal, right? I mean, myself and all the involved parties know what happened, I just wanted to make sure it's not breaking some CC protocol I'm unaware of.
Cadet Yojimbo28

Re: Question

Postby Lindax on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 am

Yojimbo28 wrote:I've been running two tournaments for a couple of months now, and the other day I created a game for one tournament but in the tournament drop-down box, I chose the other tournament's name. So now the game is made, and the players are playing it, but the game's label says it's for a different tournament. This isn't a big deal, right? I mean, myself and all the involved parties know what happened, I just wanted to make sure it's not breaking some CC protocol I'm unaware of.

Strictly spoken you should have re-made the game under the proper tournament title and not count the first one.

If it's just the one game I wouldn't worry too much about it. Make a note of the game number with a brief explanation in your tournament thread, so every game can be tracked if necessary.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Question

Postby Yojimbo28 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:38 am

I would have remade it right away if I'd have caught the error then, but it was brought to my attention after both players had joined and started playing. And every game in that tournament is linked in the tourney thread's second post, so people can still click on the game number and see the game. It's strictly the game's title/label that is incorrect. Thanks for replying.
Cadet Yojimbo28

Return to Tournament Archives