Conquer Club

Tournament Contest: Rookie TO Award - Winner: alstergren

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who would you like to win the Rookie TO Award?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:29 pm

Total votes : 0

Re: Tournament Contest: Rookie TO Award

Postby Tupence on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks for all your nominations so far; I've added the nominations that have been accepted to the first post and will keep updating it.

There will be a series of Awards to follow this one, and this one may repeat periodically. To those who only just missed out on the creation date, sorry but it's got to start somewhere! There will be more awards that you'll be eligible for.

And to answer tokle's question, the date refers to the time the thread was first created.

Keep the nominations coming!
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby HighlanderAttack on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Leehar wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:Not sure if merch313 has been running them longer than six months--I think it is pretty close--anyway-if he can be nominated I nominate him. He is running more active tourneys than anyone--he runs all of them in a timely manner--they have neat little graphics and charts--an all around fantastic job.

dr.lucas would be my second nomination--he has been doing a great job with a few concepts--always in a timely manner--just an overall great job

There seem to be many decent new TO's but these are the two that stand out in my mind right now.
HighlanderAttack wrote:alstergren is also someone who deserves recognition--I will probably think of more as I am playing--he has created many new tourneys all in a timely manner and run very professionally.

Tomorrow I am sure I will find another nomination

Tupence wrote:To answer amazzony's question, please nominate only 1 Tournament Organiser, then there will be a public vote once all nominations have been received.

Did you manage to miss Tupence's post?

I also have a few more I'd be willing to nominate, but obviously I can't any longer :(

I don't have time to read everything--Evidently a lot of people have not seen this thread based on the response. I do believe the three I nominated should be accepted, but that is not my decision
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby alster on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:02 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:I don't have time to read everything--Evidently a lot of people have not seen this thread based on the response. I do believe the three I nominated should be accepted, but that is not my decision

LOL. Just saw this... in that case, I would nominate myself then.

With 41 completed tourneys since June, 14 ongoing tourneys and 4 new tourneys in the call out forum (three concepts - Beta 2010 concept, Nuclear concept and the new more comprehensive Classic concept), think I would at least qualify for a nomination here... Quite some dedication on my part since this summer I think :D
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby jrh_cardinal on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:11 pm

alstergren wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:I don't have time to read everything--Evidently a lot of people have not seen this thread based on the response. I do believe the three I nominated should be accepted, but that is not my decision

LOL. Just saw this... in that case, I would nominate myself then.

With 41 completed tourneys since June, 14 ongoing tourneys and 4 new tourneys in the call out forum (three concepts - Beta 2010 concept, Nuclear concept and the new more comprehensive Classic concept), think I would at least qualify for a nomination here... Quite some dedication on my part since this summer I think :D

You started before May...
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby alster on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:35 am

jrh_cardinal wrote:You started before May...

Which tournament?
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.

Postby jrh_cardinal on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:04 pm

alstergren wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:You started before May...

Which tournament?

Oh, I thought it said Jan (January) not Jun. Nevermind

ps- Shouldn't Rookie of 2010 be able to start any time in 2010 :ugeek:

Re: Tournament Contest: Rookie TO Award - Vote Now!

Postby Tupence on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Nominations have closed and voting is now open! Good luck to ViperOverLord, stevkov, patrickaa317, jmyork82, merch313, drunkmonkey and alstergren!
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby Rodion on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Alstergren
General Rodion

Postby merch313 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:48 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:Not sure if merch313 has been running them longer than six months--I think it is pretty close--anyway-if he can be nominated I nominate him. He is running more active tourneys than anyone--he runs all of them in a timely manner--they have neat little graphics and charts--an all around fantastic job.

dr.lucas would be my second nomination--he has been doing a great job with a few concepts--always in a timely manner--just an overall great job

There seem to be many decent new TO's but these are the two that stand out in my mind right now.

Wow didnt even see this until someone told me about this...Thanks HA for the nomination I do appreciate this :mrgreen:

My first tourney I started was on 5/23/10..

I have completed 52 tourneys.
Currently have 25 ongoing ones
Only one taking players since I will be on vacation but will post new ones when I get back.

So thanks again HA and all who have voted for me :D
Major merch313

Postby flexmaster33 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:24 am

Voted...great idea, and a thanks to all of our new TO's...it's always good to have new ideas and well-run tourneys to choose from.
Current tourneys -- 2023-24 College Basketball, Arms Race! Best of Five, Conquer the World, 2024 Major League Soccer

High rank: Major. Place: 1,150. Points: 2,093
Lieutenant flexmaster33

Postby jricart on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:33 am

It will be great to know which tournament they ran!
Lieutenant jricart

Postby merch313 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:51 am

jricart wrote:It will be great to know which tournament they ran!

Guess we can post them or go to the tournament button and type in there names maybe?
Major merch313

Postby poohcrumbs on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:08 am

Seriously? some douche spammed for this to vote....nice..real nice...dont fuckin spam me. period.
Corporal poohcrumbs

Postby join cad on Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:06 am

Alstergren... Easy chocie look at his rank.. rating... medals
Captain join cad

Postby Night Strike on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:35 pm

join cad wrote:Alstergren... Easy chocie look at his rank.. rating... medals

You realize those have nothing to do with running a successful tournament?
Major Night Strike

Postby saraith on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:12 pm

Voted!

Hey, my hoss is winnin'!
To achieve balance, first you must grow.
To grow, first you must learn.
To learn, first you must listen.
To listen, first you must shut the hell up.
-Buddhist saying
Corporal 1st Class saraith

Postby ptlowe on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:32 pm

got my vote alster
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby alster on Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:27 pm

48 Completed tourneys
15 Ongoing tourneys
-> since June.
-> 3 different concepts: Beta maps, Nuclear WW2 maps and Classic old school maps -> 1v1s and different team game settings.

Appreciate all the votes I seem to have got. Hope you all keep joining up for the new tourneys that will be posted in the future.

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:58 pm

guys, I appreciate that you want more votes, but can you please stop sending out PMs to big lists, I've gotten 6 of them so far.

Postby squishyg on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:34 pm

this thread has been advertised on Facebook and Twitter. just wanted to show that i do actually work a little ;)
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby merch313 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:43 pm

squishyg wrote:this thread has been advertised on Facebook and Twitter. just wanted to show that i do actually work a little ;)

Thanks squishy :D
Major merch313

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:13 am

jrh_cardinal wrote:guys, I appreciate that you want more votes, but can you please stop sending out PMs to big lists, I've gotten 6 of them so far.

can you be more specific as to whom you have received these from? that is pretty much frowned upon by team CC and there are several old cases like this in C&A... sad...-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby alster on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 am

Night Strike wrote:
join cad wrote:Alstergren... Easy chocie look at his rank.. rating... medals

You realize those have nothing to do with running a successful tournament?

Of course it does... much more fun to get an invite from someone with a lot of bling. 8-)

Postby HighlanderAttack on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:00 am

I do not understand why a mass pm from a mod is not sent to everyone that is on CC--this would at least give everyone the knowledge that there is something to vote on.

I like both the TO's leading this and I like all the other players as well--but there is something wrong with this if everyone does not receive a chance to vote by having the knowledge that it is out there. Not everyone pays attention to threads and links on the side. Almost everyone would at least see a pm.

Just my two cents and damn two cents is not worth anything anymore.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:27 am

owenshooter wrote:
jrh_cardinal wrote:guys, I appreciate that you want more votes, but can you please stop sending out PMs to big lists, I've gotten 6 of them so far.

can you be more specific as to whom you have received these from? that is pretty much frowned upon by team CC and there are several old cases like this in C&A... sad...-the black jesus

I think there's a precedent for TOs sending PMs to past tourney participants. I was made aware that the other nominees were sending mass PMs, as well as having their friends send PMs on their behalf. Since it seemed that was the only way this was being advertised (other than the heavy traffic to the Tournaments General Info forum :roll: ), I felt it was only fair I sent one out too. Sorry jrh, and anyone else who felt spammed. That wasn't my intention.
Major drunkmonkey

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Archives