Conquer Club

Free Army of GOD !!!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should AoG's term be reduced to 1 week?

Total votes : 0

Free Army of GOD !!!

Postby nietzsche on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Army of GOD has been issued a month ban. The reasons are, well, all of them, LAME.

Do you consider he deserves the ban or do you think the Stinking mods are overtaking something that isn't theirs?
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Free AoG!!!!

Postby The Bison King on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:18 pm

LET MY PEOPLE GO!!!!!

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Re: Free AoG!!!!

Postby jefjef on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:19 pm

1 month vacation.

Hey CC. The premium I gifted AoG was supposed to include FULL FORUM posting privs. You owe me some money.

One of the reasons cited was for his posts in this thread. Pretty F-ING SAD. Especially considering some of the crap some moderators post and stir up.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=130979&p=2869816#p2869816
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Re: Free Army of GOD !!!

Postby theherkman on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Come on, a 1 month ban for "general trolling" is some serious bullshit. Like rdsrds banning me for something she found in an older thread Let me also mention it was a week after the fact, and I had already been banned for the posts by a different mod. Some serious bullshit.
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Postby jefjef on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Here is one of the cited reasons. An inb4 the lock post...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=130979&p=2869816#p2869816
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby squishyg on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:40 pm

i miss my army. bring him back. and stop messing with GD, it already sucks enough as it is.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby theherkman on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:45 pm

rdsrds wrote:gpellamjr, please don't open public posts trolling another user. They never lead anywhere good and get locked, like this one.

I wonder if gpellamjr was banned for "trolling". Or just AOG?

EDIT: Who wants to bet this will be locked in the next few hours?
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Postby InsomniaRed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Though reducing his ban to one week would go hand in hand with his one week chat ban, doesn't absence make the heart grow fonder or some such muck?

Let's just be happy we'll have him back in a month :roll:

Can't wait! :?
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby InsomniaRed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Hmm I feel the two 'Free AoG' threads could probably be merged into one, very, very exciting thread.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:56 pm

hah, that was why they banned them?

It seems that there are some mods who fall under the label of "power-tripping losers." It wasn't a seriously offensive, and they seem to enjoy exerting power over such a meaningless, low-value situation, which accounts for their seeming to be a bunch of losers.

No, this isn't a flame, nor is it trolling. Some of them just seem to act this certain way, and of course I may be mistaken, but this it how it appears to be.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:57 pm

hah, that was why they banned them?

It seems that there are some mods who fall under the label of "power-tripping losers." It wasn't a seriously offensive, and they seem to enjoy exerting power over such a meaningless, low-value situation, which accounts for their seeming to be a bunch of losers.

No, this isn't a flame, nor is it trolling. Some of them just seem to act this certain way, and of course I may be mistaken, but this it how it appears to be.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 pm

In all honesty, this site has the WORST moderating team of any site that I have a membership too. EVEN GLENN BECK'S WEBSITE HAS BETTER MODERATING. I got a ban there (for "trolling"), appealed it, & was shown to in the right. And so they lifted it,... and that was all within in 24 hours (I also got an apology). I wish I was lying, but this place is more oppressing than Glenn Beck's. I don't care about whether or not some untrained, no-brained MOD considers AOG a troll or not, the community respects him. There is no ban warranted because he isn't hurting anything. (BTW, MODS don't have a definition for "trolling." It's whatever suits their purpose)

BigBallinStalin wrote:Some of them just seem to act this certain way, and of course I may be mistaken, but this it how it appears to be.

You're in the right. Once people get their MOD status they go through... like a break-in period where they try to find out how best to use their powers. They act like a super-hero who wont let you cross the street outside of the crosswalk... Most of them ease up a bit over time, and let you cross against the lights, but they still show no training whatsoever. They can be pretty unpredictable. And when you talk about an "air of superiority" here's some LOVO quotes:
I dont get my kicks out of banning people for no reason.
Sure that rule wasnt there. But the rule existed.

(this was him talking about a rule that only existed in the MODs private forums, and his enforcement of it)
As you have been told countless times...If you feel that you were wronged (which you obviously do) that to take it to Insomnia red or an admin.

He quite literally followed this with:

And you will find mods defending me as yer we do stick together. As we do become friends otuside of the public boards.

And this is probably what we complain about the most... it's remarkable to hear a moderator confess to it, but no matter how ridiculously shitty their excuses are, they always stick up for each other. The appeal process here is a myth. If Richard the Lionheart had commanded this much loyalty from his troops Palestine would be speaking English today.

InsomniaRed wrote:Let's just be happy we'll have him back in a month

More mod comity for you.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:48 pm

Yes, there's a long tradition of an "us vs. them" mentality among the mods at CC. Moderating has always been a war of wits and politics.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby InsomniaRed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:55 pm

InkL0sed wrote:Yes, there's a long tradition of an "us vs. them" mentality among the mods at CC. Moderating has always been a war of wits and politics.

I don't see it that way. I can't speak for the other mods, since we aren't one collective being, as many see us, but I have a feeling I am not alone.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi AoG! I see you perusing the forum down there. I'm sure you'll read this thread. :)

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Fircoal on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Honestly the reasons for his banning are really weak. It's interesting though as I thought the modding around here has gotten better as of late. But this is a return to the bad decisions of 08.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:12 pm

ATTENTION VALUED MODS - I'm recommending everyone who has posted above this message in this thread be given a 72-hour ban for stirring up trouble.

Thanks,
Uncle Saxi
Alternate Dispute Adjudicator
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:13 pm

InsomniaRed wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:Yes, there's a long tradition of an "us vs. them" mentality among the mods at CC. Moderating has always been a war of wits and politics.

I don't see it that way. I can't speak for the other mods, since we aren't one collective being, as many see us, but I have a feeling I am not alone.

Uhh... really? All I have to say is, wicked, Twill, Night Strike, Optimus Prime, king achilles.

Actually, no, I have more to say. I consistently see people who mods dislike or even hate get banned for trivial things. I, on the other hand, am generally well-liked (or rather, I don't get on mods' bad sides), so I get away with murder on these boards all the time. I routinely call people morons and make fun of them, partially out of an intentional testing of the rules, and have rarely even been warned.

The matter of who gets banned and who doesn't is absolutely up to politics, because the rules here are NEVER fairly and universally applied. They're almost always not applied; so when they are, how can I not see it as purely out of spite, or some other ulterior motive? Why in the hell do you people think there's so little respect for the rules around here?
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby InsomniaRed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 pm

InkL0sed wrote:
InsomniaRed wrote:

Uhh... really? All I have to say is, wicked, Twill, Night Strike, Optimus Prime, king achilles.

Actually, no, I have more to say. I consistently see people who mods dislike or even hate get banned for trivial things. I, on the other hand, am generally well-liked (or rather, I don't get on mods' bad sides), so I get away with murder on these boards all the time. I routinely call people morons and make fun of them, partially out of an intentional testing of the rules, and have rarely even been warned.

The matter of who gets banned and who doesn't is absolutely up to politics, because the rules here are NEVER fairly and universally applied. They're almost always not applied; so when they are, how can I not see it as purely out of spite? Why in the hell do you people think there's so little respect for the rules around here?

When I said I don't see it that way, I meant my personal view is not an 'us vs. them' mentality. Hey, half those mods you mentioned aren't even around!! But I only mod Live Chat, so I can't speak on behalf of the forums. I just come here for my own enjoyment. I can see how you would perceive some of those actions in that way however, if can always looked bias when you can't see all of the behind the scenes stuff.
/chat mods shuts up now
Major InsomniaRed

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:22 pm

InsomniaRed wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:
InsomniaRed wrote:

The matter of who gets banned and who doesn't is absolutely up to politics, because the rules here are NEVER fairly and universally applied. They're almost always not applied; so when they are, how can I not see it as purely out of spite? Why in the hell do you people think there's so little respect for the rules around here?

When I said I don't see it that way, I meant my personal view is not an 'us vs. them' mentality. Hey, half those mods you mentioned aren't even around!! But I only mod Live Chat, so I can't speak on behalf of the forums. I just come here for my own enjoyment. I can see how you would perceive some of those actions in that way however, if can always looked bias when you can't see all of the behind the scenes stuff.
/chat mods shuts up now

I'm not really accusing you personally of anything. I was also defending my original statement that there's a long tradition of this stuff.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby InsomniaRed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:23 pm

So anyway, about Army of GOD (getting this back on topic before those scary mods come in here :lol: )

What will you miss the most about AoG?
Major InsomniaRed

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:25 pm

InsomniaRed wrote:What will you miss the most about AoG?

NOTHING
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:25 pm

InsomniaRed wrote:/chat mods shuts up now

Live chat is heavily biased. You personally banned me for racism and yet MAT said the exact same thing that I said all day today without so much as a warning. :|
Give me a break.

Fircoal wrote:Honestly the reasons for his banning are really weak. It's interesting though as I thought the modding around here has gotten better as of late. But this is a return to the bad decisions of 08.

That's how you know the new MODs have arrived.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:28 pm

InkL0sed wrote:
InsomniaRed wrote:

The matter of who gets banned and who doesn't is absolutely up to politics, because the rules here are NEVER fairly and universally applied. They're almost always not applied; so when they are, how can I not see it as purely out of spite, or some other ulterior motive? Why in the hell do you people think there's so little respect for the rules around here?

the honesty is brutal. On the other hand, I think it further strengthens certain aspects and re-affirms to all newcomers that the reputation is well earned
Major Phatscotty

Postby InsomniaRed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
InsomniaRed wrote:/chat mods shuts up now

Live chat is heavily biased. You personally banned me for racism and yet MAT said the exact same thing that I said all day today without so much as a warning. :|
Give me a break.

Fircoal wrote:Honestly the reasons for his banning are really weak. It's interesting though as I thought the modding around here has gotten better as of late. But this is a return to the bad decisions of 08.

That's how you know the new MODs have arrived.

Actually I did not ban you for racism or you'd be on a longer vacation, but thanks for playing. Live Chat is the least biased place that is moderated. But I digress because that is not the issue at hand and there is no need to argue it.
Major InsomniaRed

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,