Conquer Club

Free Army of GOD !!!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should AoG's term be reduced to 1 week?

Total votes : 0

Re: Free Army of GOD !!!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:31 pm

InsomniaRed wrote:Actually I did not ban you for racism or you'd be on a longer vacation, but thanks for playing. Live Chat is the least biased place that is moderated. But I digress because that is not the issue at hand and there is no need to argue it.

OH RLY?

InsomniaRed wrote:Not when you already know why. You were being racism and attempting to troll. I wasn't about to let it get out of hand.

LMAO I just posted this in private!!!
My prediction is that if she does have the balls to dispute me; she/they will somehow try to take the focus off of it being a racist comment and try to say that I was flaming the races or something. As it stands now, she looks like a stupid
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:32 pm

[sarcasm]My bans are always based on who I like or don't like. You piss me off in a political thread? Banned. You say the Eagles suck? Banned. You make fun of my avatar? Banned. On the other hand, if you acknowledge my superiority, worship my avatar, and lustily boo the Cowboys? You will never be banned.[/sarcasm]
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby InsomniaRed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
InsomniaRed wrote:Actually I did not ban you for racism or you'd be on a longer vacation, but thanks for playing. Live Chat is the least biased place that is moderated. But I digress because that is not the issue at hand and there is no need to argue it.

OH RLY?

InsomniaRed wrote:Not when you already know why. You were being racism and attempting to troll. I wasn't about to let it get out of hand.

My prediction is that if she does have the balls to dispute me; she/they will somehow try to take the focus off of it being a racist comment and try to say that I was flaming the races or something. As it stands now, she looks like a stupid

I didn't ban you for flaming either :roll: I don't have to explain it to you though, because deep down, you know exactly what you did. And as much as you think you can do no wrong, you did. Live with it ;)

Again, this thread is not about your banning, soooo please, I suggest you send in an e-ticket if you feel you were wronged or drop the subject.
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby karel on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
InsomniaRed wrote:/chat mods shuts up now

Live chat is heavily biased. You personally banned me for racism and yet MAT said the exact same thing that I said all day today without so much as a warning. :|
Give me a break.

Fircoal wrote:Honestly the reasons for his banning are really weak. It's interesting though as I thought the modding around here has gotten better as of late. But this is a return to the bad decisions of 08.

That's how you know the new MODs have arrived.

think juan is on to something here =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Private 1st Class karel

Postby trapyoung on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Free Army of God?

Eh, I'll pass - I'll wait for free pretzels
Colonel trapyoung

Postby InsomniaRed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:37 pm

trapyoung wrote:Free Army of God?

Eh, I'll pass - I'll wait for free pretzels

I hear he is as flexible as a pretzel, does that work for you?
Major InsomniaRed

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:43 pm

As my high school driving instructor used to shout... MERGE!!!

Postby InsomniaRed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 pm

thegreekdog wrote:As my high school driving instructor used to shout... MERGE!!!

Called it!

Do I get a cookie? :-$
Major InsomniaRed

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:47 pm

InsomniaRed wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:As my high school driving instructor used to shout... MERGE!!!

Called it!

Yes! Talk to Andy.

Postby InsomniaRed on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:49 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
InsomniaRed wrote:

Called it!

Yes! Talk to Andy.

I said cookie, not banana. :-s

Rip off. Anyway, so apparently Army of GOD is still banned, I wonder if the title isn't bold enough?
Major InsomniaRed

Postby tdans on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:56 pm

please dont free AOG, he needs to rot in the darkest, lowest cell you got, he is a srry little man who steals peopls avi's...
Lieutenant tdans

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:00 am

InsomniaRed wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:

OH RLY?

I didn't ban you for flaming either :roll: I don't have to explain it to you though, because deep down, you know exactly what you did. And as much as you think you can do no wrong, you did. Live with it ;)

Again, this thread is not about your banning, soooo please, I suggest you send in an e-ticket if you feel you were wronged or drop the subject.

You missed the point? I accurately predicted that you would change the emphasis of your imaginary reasons for banning me. Though I didn't accurately predict how you would try to play it off, I still called it. Even on Glenn Beck's site the MODs admit that they make mistakes... but here they just try to cover them up. Hey, you're welcome to post the screencap anywhere you like. I'll be requesting it anyway; if my appeal goes sour.

And another thing, part of what makes the SIB forums so special is that we allow our conversations to flow, as Jonesy said "like a conversation at a bar." Our threads de-rail all the time, but that's a good thing. That's probably why SIB regulars make such good Moderators. They have a much firmer understanding of what this place is.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Fircoal on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:15 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:And another thing, part of what makes the SIB forums so special is that we allow our conversations to flow, as Jonesy said "like a conversation at a bar." Our threads de-rail all the time, but that's a good thing. That's probably why SIB regulars make such good Moderators. They have a much firmer understanding of what this place is.

QFT

I find it laughable that some mods in the past have gone against this. It's just integral to how we work here.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 am

theherkman wrote:Come on, a 1 month ban for "general trolling" is some serious bullshit. Like rdsrds banning me for something she found in an older thread Let me also mention it was a week after the fact, and I had already been banned for the posts by a different mod. Some serious bullshit.

I looked into that - and for your information, I'm a guy :lol:
We'll be hearing more about it shortly.

As for the idea that 'mods are unfair' and we're all 'out to get individuals' (yes, that means you reader!) - I doubt that is true for most of us. I for one don't look at the username and say, "Well, guess who's going to get banned today! Maybe I can have another use make a false report about him/her and see where it goes!"

No. Remember that we have HISTORY of users too, and are fairly lenient (you'd be surprised). If someone is consistently trouble-making, then common sense tells us that yes - they WILL get in trouble easier than someone who has only been a one-time offender and may just need a slap on the wrist or whatnot for them to be right back on track and possibly never make a forum mistake again.

I took the time to read all the arguments in this thread, and I agree with some of them. I have seen my fair share of uneven modship just as much as the next guy, albeit it CC or another site, but no system is perfect. I respect the CCommunity as a whole, and find it to be one of the largest, most dynamic community forums in the interwebs. If you don't like it, remember that no one is making you stay. If you have a problem with a mod, politely dropping a PM would be a much better way to let us know what's wrong then running around the forums naked with your hair on fire screaming "THEY'RE DEMONS, THEY'RE DEMONS!" and hoping we see the show. I'm always up for ideas on how to be better.

If my first days seem a bit rough, my apologies - I'm learning. It will be sorted soon, and as I said - I like to know my faults to be able to correct them, and receiving a PM I would find much more respectful than other means (as I'm sure other mods too). So relax - take a load off and try to enjoy the Community and forums for what they are and realize we're all at work here. We're not paid - we're doing this for the sole intent of trying to make the community a better place. Remember that.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby nietzsche on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:28 am

Last edited by rdsrds2120 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Flame Removed
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:29 am

Any explanation from the mods? It's so obvious that they're in the wrong, so I'm really looking forward to this...

I'm placing bets on: "backing out, covering up, ignoring comments, and maintaining the ridiculous ban"

Seems pretty spineless to me.

EDIT: lol, just after rds's comment. NO new information. THanks, rds. Your reply on your mod-skills only applies to you.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:33 am

When did nietzsche become AOG's pet?! I'm starting to think they're sleeping together. Recommend we ban him, too, just to be safe.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby nietzsche on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:48 am

It's the active moding that sucks. I think mods must be hidden and only appear when it's utterly necessary. It's like if your playing soccer, and besides the referee there's a cop around to see you don't break a law, the most minute of the laws.

And mods should first try to talk it out. Not with "First Warning" or "Noted" but with "hey what's up nietzsche!? I see you like saying god is dead, you know there are kids and some of them are scared of you, could you try to avoid saying it before 8pm? cool, let's have a beer".

And what the f*ck is with the colored nicknames? THat sucks the most. There is not FUCKING need of us noticing there's a mod around.

And the fact that they have never made a mistake.. seriously, I don't remember them ever issuing a public apology.

Power corrupts, and corrupts more to those with little penises or no t*ts.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby jefjef on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:53 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Any explanation from the mods? It's so obvious that they're in the wrong, so I'm really looking forward to this...

AHOY!

There was one post that did cross the line.

CC had cited several posts that were absolute bull shit and asinine to include or even relate to a banning. But there was one. Sorry AoG but it was earned and due.

With that said. This site is getting very fucking mickey mouse. The choice of some of the mods here is almost as fucking laughable as the manipulation that CC tries to pawn off as random.

The random is fraudulent and some mod selections seem to be made after a week of huffing large quantities of gold paint chased by shots of fermented brake fluid.

Get stuff right for a change CC. You could actually have loyal customers instead of many that may never give you another dollar...

Bananas to ya all.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:55 am

nietzsche, you're getting a little warm in this thread. It is being temporarily locked to give you and some others a chance to COOL DOWN.

-rd

FREE ARMY OF GOD (The sequel)

Postby theherkman on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:11 am

Don't worry, nietzche won't be spoiling this one so there is no need to lock it unless you are power hungry and feel like oppressing the people of CC.

rdsrds wrote:
theherkman wrote:Come on, a 1 month ban for "general trolling" is some serious bullshit. Like rdsrds banning me for something she found in an older thread Let me also mention it was a week after the fact, and I had already been banned for the posts by a different mod. Some serious bullshit.

I looked into that - and for your information, I'm a guy :lol:
We'll be hearing more about it shortly.

As for the idea that 'mods are unfair' and we're all 'out to get individuals' (yes, that means you reader!) - I doubt that is true for most of us. I for one don't look at the username and say, "Well, guess who's going to get banned today! Maybe I can have another use make a false report about him/her and see where it goes!"

No. Remember that we have HISTORY of users too, and are fairly lenient (you'd be surprised). If someone is consistently trouble-making, then common sense tells us that yes - they WILL get in trouble easier than someone who has only been a one-time offender and may just need a slap on the wrist or whatnot for them to be right back on track and possibly never make a forum mistake again.

I took the time to read all the arguments in this thread, and I agree with some of them. I have seen my fair share of uneven modship just as much as the next guy, albeit it CC or another site, but no system is perfect. I respect the CCommunity as a whole, and find it to be one of the largest, most dynamic community forums in the interwebs. If you don't like it, remember that no one is making you stay. If you have a problem with a mod, politely dropping a PM would be a much better way to let us know what's wrong then running around the forums naked with your hair on fire screaming "THEY'RE DEMONS, THEY'RE DEMONS!" and hoping we see the show. I'm always up for ideas on how to be better.

If my first days seem a bit rough, my apologies - I'm learning. It will be sorted soon, and as I said - I like to know my faults to be able to correct them, and receiving a PM I would find much more respectful than other means (as I'm sure other mods too). So relax - take a load off and try to enjoy the Community and forums for what they are and realize we're all at work here. We're not paid - we're doing this for the sole intent of trying to make the community a better place. Remember that.

-rd

How about the PM I sent you WITH A SCREENSHOT PROVING you were wrong?

Anyway, by all means, continue to free AOG. (Minus anything that could get this locked a second time like breathing... Or typing...)
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Re: FREE ARMY OF GOD (The sequel)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:15 am

This is locked - actually.
I said the other one would be UNLOCKED when people calmed down, and this is directly trying to circumvent what I was doing. This thread is a troll thread for trying to continue the chaos that was in the previous.

-rd

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:34 am

I am now unlocking this - please try to make less trolling posts and keep discussion to a more civil note if you could. Thank you!

-rd

Postby theherkman on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:42 am

Locking a thread for 45 minutes while others continually create new threads to talk about the same subject is a very effective solution. I'm sure everyone will come back even more calmed down.

BTW - I was just watching cops. It made me think of you rdsrds. Three officers tackled and tazed an elderly man because he told them he wanted to stand instead of sit when they were in front of his house due to a complaint about his neighbors for a noise violation.
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:44 am

theherkman, do you not understand what I meant by 'not trolling'?
I hope the rest of you don't echo this - be good forum people. I know you can (:

-rd

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,