Conquer Club

I Had A Really Shitty Day Today

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I Had A Really Shitty Day Today

Postby Timminz on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 pm

I was late for work this morning, because all the coffee shops between my place and work had ridiculous lines (out the door, way more than double the usual traffic). I spent the better part of my morning doing stupid little tasks for my boss, that had nothing to do with my actual work. I spent half of the afternoon in a meeting that I was told, "You don't need to be here, but I'd like to have everyone." (there are only 4 people in our office, and I can hear everything he says, from my desk), and then was told I needed to stay late to get some shit done that totally could have waited for tomorrow (and that I could have done during his useless meeting), but the boss is going on vacation tomorrow, so he wanted the books to look good before he left. Then I went to 3 different stores looking for a video game that doesn't even come out for another 2 months. Best Buy was advertising (via in-store, pre-order cards)that it was being released today, and none of the employees at the first two stores (Best Buy, and Future Shop) could tell me anything more than, "We don't have it." The third store told me, "That's not being released until next year. They announced the change, months ago." After I got home, and had a quick bite to eat, I left for band practice, opting to walk, since I prefer to have a couple beers at practice. Not five minutes into my 30 minute walk (while I was already running late, due to my earlier bullshit, and thus didn't have time to go back for a change of clothes), it started raining. Just a bit at first, but within another 5-6 minutes, it was pissing, and I was totally soaked. When I finally got to practice, and set up my gear, I got a text from my wife, saying, "We have a major problem. Call right away." So, I call (thinking it's something horrible, like the cats are dying, or the house is on fire, or we got robbed, or something), only to be told, the fuses have blown in the kitchen, and the fridge is out. And then I realized...

...every aspect of my shitty, shitty day was merely a minor frustration, and I'm very lucky to live such a privileged life.
Captain Timminz

Re: I Had A Really Shitty Day Today

Postby mviola on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:49 pm

That's deep, brah.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Timminz wrote:I was late for work this morning, because all the coffee shops between my place and work had ridiculous lines (out the door, way more than double the usual traffic). I spent the better part of my morning doing stupid little tasks for my boss, that had nothing to do with my actual work. I spent half of the afternoon in a meeting that I was told, "You don't need to be here, but I'd like to have everyone." (there are only 4 people in our office, and I can hear everything he says, from my desk), and then was told I needed to stay late to get some shit done that totally could have waited for tomorrow (and that I could have done during his useless meeting), but the boss is going on vacation tomorrow, so he wanted the books to look good before he left. Then I went to 3 different stores looking for a video game that doesn't even come out for another 2 months. Best Buy was advertising (via in-store, pre-order cards)that it was being released today, and none of the employees at the first two stores (Best Buy, and Future Shop) could tell me anything more than, "We don't have it." The third store told me, "That's not being released until next year. They announced the change, months ago." After I got home, and had a quick bite to eat, I left for band practice, opting to walk, since I prefer to have a couple beers at practice. Not five minutes into my 30 minute walk (while I was already running late, due to my earlier bullshit, and thus didn't have time to go back for a change of clothes), it started raining. Just a bit at first, but within another 5-6 minutes, it was pissing, and I was totally soaked. When I finally got to practice, and set up my gear, I got a text from my wife, saying, "We have a major problem. Call right away." So, I call (thinking it's something horrible, like the cats are dying, or the house is on fire, or we got robbed, or something), only to be told, the fuses have blown in the kitchen, and the fridge is out. And then I realized......every aspect of my shitty, shitty day was merely a minor frustration, and I'm very lucky to live such a privileged life.

I can top it. But I dont have the time and all I will say is it started with the boss saying heres a 10 hour assignment and I want it done in 8. The whole time I got 7 hour babies crying in my ear about how it will take them 7 hours. One mission, a lady threw a box right in my face (and it hurt), another, the guy dropped the wrong item and I had to redo it, THEN some frickin D-bag thinks I cut him off (even though he could not catch up to me for a mile till the next stop light) and then cut me off, and then cut me off again, and the second time I really have no idea how he didn't hit me. He was just pissed I ignored his first cut-off and proceeded to pimp my bitches on my phone with a shit-eating grin, so the second time I called the cops on his ass :D

Did your day end up in the hospital? Mine did. Almost cut my foot cut off, luckily it only got crushed a little bit and I get 3 days off without pay. I guess the light at the end of the tunnel is my bottle of perkicets.
Major Phatscotty

Postby john9blue on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:23 pm

My job is even worse. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store, she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the fucking stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big fucking dog to work. Every fucking day I have to look at this huge Great Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger King, every single fucking day.

Anyway, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and shit.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby InkL0sed on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:30 pm

john9blue wrote:My job is even worse. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store, she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the fucking stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big fucking dog to work. Every fucking day I have to look at this huge Great Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger King, every single fucking day.

Anyway, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and shit.

Best joke ever. Also, I was positive this was going to be the OP.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:53 pm

john9blue wrote:My job is even worse. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

I stopped reading at super model chick being completely useless. You should rethink that.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby InkL0sed on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 am

ViperOverLord wrote:

I stopped reading at super model chick being completely useless. You should rethink that.

This is so fucking typical of you. It's a joke, for f*ck's sake. READ THE WHOLE THING.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:34 am

Goddamn that was funny. tbh, I didn't really get it until the last line though. I thought you were serious until the end.

So are you saying you wear an ascot?

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby john9blue on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:55 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

Goddamn that was funny. tbh, I didn't really get it until the last line though. I thought you were serious until the end.

So are you saying you wear an ascot?

-TG

i didn't write that, but yes, as a matter of fact i do wear an ascot. all day every day.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:02 am

Oh, I've never heard that before. Pretty good, still. Whoever did write it is a genius though.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:26 am

Yeah, as i was reading this i was thinking: "Damn, this sure feels familiar for some reason", then when i got to the cat in heat part i remembered. :lol:

Edit: Also, here's a kind of but not really related to the OP wall of text comic.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:34 pm

You would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby notyou2 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 pm

GROUP HUG
Captain notyou2

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:34 pm

Gotta say my day tops them all, but it isn't even funny... just well, read the thread title, add 2 kids with ___________ and yep, that pretty much sums up my day (fortunately, viruses only last 3 days)
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Timminz on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:36 pm

I really need to work on making my points with less subtlety.
Captain Timminz

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:37 pm

Timminz wrote:I really need to work on making my points with less subtlety.

But I should add that I agree, because it is just a tiny inconvenience, not a life-threatening issue like it would be in many parts of the world.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby notyou2 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:43 pm

Timmy, I have requested that the valued Dr Saxi examine your day in detail and advise at what point you should have changed things to make it take a turn for the better. I am expecting a detailed, informed response in the forthcoming newsletter.

I hope this wasn't presumptuous of me.
Captain notyou2

Postby Timminz on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:46 pm

notyou2 wrote:Timmy, I have requested that the valued Dr Saxi examine your day in detail and advise at what point you should have changed things to make it take a turn for the better. I am expecting a detailed, informed response in the forthcoming newsletter.

I hope this wasn't presumptuous of me.

You are the only preson to "get" my plea for help. I'm so glad someone could see this. You see, as a member of the Gang Of Five, I could never dream of asking Mr. Toxin for help, directly.

You are a saint, Mr. NotMeAsWell.
Captain Timminz

Postby notyou2 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:51 pm

'Twas my pleasure.

I trust your days hence have progressed reasonably well?
Captain notyou2

Postby Timminz on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 pm

notyou2 wrote:'Twas my pleasure.

I trust your days hence have progressed reasonably well?

Well, I'm heading out to play a show at Gus' Pub. My night is guaranteed to get better from here out.
Captain Timminz

Postby notyou2 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Bring the house down.
Captain notyou2

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,