Conquer Club

Re: Competition - predict the Clan League - winner: pmchugh

Old issues and old threads regarding various newsletter things.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Competition - predict the Clan League - winner: pmchugh

Postby laughingcavalier on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:24 pm

See second post for updates

Roll up, roll up.
In case you missed it in this week's Dispatch we're running a competition - predict the results of the league season. Here's how it works, you've got a week to get your entries in...
Click image to enlarge.

COMPETITON: FANTASY LEAGUE
Sign up for the Clan Fantasy League. Three months premium and a general achievement medal to the winner!

It's simple. For each clan give the total number of games you think they will win. Tie-breaker: which individual player will win most games in the league?
Entries should be sent by PM to laughingcavalier.
Only one entry per player and no duplicate entries will be accepted.

Remember we're not counting play-offs, it's just the regular season. So each clan will play 90 games - how many of those 90 games will they win? There will be 270 total games played in each division so your total number of wins in each division should add up to 270. Last year scores varied between 69% of games won (with a single exception at 81%) and 31%. If games followed the same pattern this year (and that's a big IF!) the top scoring teams would win about 62 games, and the bottom scoring about 28 games. The clans in each division are listed in the order they were seeded at the season's start.

We'll show everybody's chosen scores after entries are complete, and run updates through the season to let you know how you're doing. Scoring will be calculated by how many points deviation there is from the final score to your prediction.

Entries close Friday 22nd October.
Thanks to the clan directors for their support in creating this competition.

Do you know your clans? Can you look into your crystal ball and see what the season will bring? Sign up and prove it! See if you can win that premium and the glittery gold thing.

Format for entries:
show
Major laughingcavalier

Re: Competition - PREMIUM PRIZE - predict the League

Postby laughingcavalier on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Congratulations to pmchugh winner of the Dispatch competition to predict the outcome of the clan regular season. Three months premium and a general achievement medal are on their way.
Congrats also to leehar who tied on the score and only missed out on the win by the tiebreak. General acheivement medal well deserved.
Thanks to all who played.

Click image to enlarge.

See all the entries and the table at:
http://cid-4e393b799f8f5830.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=4E393B799F8F5830!133&authkey=j2FshmFIJLk%24

Previous updates
show

show

Entries
show
Major laughingcavalier

Re: Competition - PREMIUM PRIZE - predict the Clan League

Postby owenshooter on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 am

3 months premium? really? clans routinely give away a premium membership in contests, and that is a full year (we have given away multiple full premium memberships). if a clan can do it, can't team CC? 3 months? really? was that a typo? is that supposed to be 3 years?!! and nice use of brett's avatar!!! that is killer, even if the 3 months isn't...-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby nikola_milicki on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:12 pm

what black jesus said.
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby laughingcavalier on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks for the entries. We're winding up entries now & will post the predictions we've received. Good luck to those who entered.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Gold Knight on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:49 pm

owenshooter wrote:3 months premium? really? clans routinely give away a premium membership in contests, and that is a full year (we have given away multiple full premium memberships). if a clan can do it, can't team CC? 3 months? really? was that a typo? is that supposed to be 3 years?!! and nice use of brett's avatar!!! that is killer, even if the 3 months isn't...-the black jesus

They technically could have done nothing... And beggars cant be choosers.. :D
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:34 pm

you would have gotten more entries had you posted this in the clan area. Just saying...
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby owenshooter on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:58 am

Gold Knight wrote:
owenshooter wrote:3 months premium? really? clans routinely give away a premium membership in contests, and that is a full year (we have given away multiple full premium memberships). if a clan can do it, can't team CC? 3 months? really? was that a typo? is that supposed to be 3 years?!! and nice use of brett's avatar!!! that is killer, even if the 3 months isn't...-the black jesus

how am i a beggar if i have premium? and how could they "technically" have done nothing? they could have offered a full premium, it is not impossible! our clan has given away several full premium accounts for contests, why can't team CC? just saying, looks suspect...-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Gold Knight on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:45 am

owenshooter wrote:
Gold Knight wrote:

how am i a beggar if i have premium? and how could they "technically" have done nothing? they could have offered a full premium, it is not impossible! our clan has given away several full premium accounts for contests, why can't team CC? just saying, looks suspect...-the black jesus

Didnt call you specifically a beggar, but just saying that this same thing was done for Season 2 of the clan league by jpcloet and im pretty sure he offered no prize, just did it for fun. Could they offer a year? Sure. But why start a precedent of spending money on customers now...? :mrgreen:
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Dai_atan on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:49 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Gold Knight wrote:

you don't have to enter this contest,
some people would be thrilled to get 3months extra, especially considering the minor amount of work involved in this contest...
We at the dispatch know that people are going to do this sort of thing anyway just for the love of it. So we figured we may as well add a little prize on top.
No need to insult us :)
Dai_Atan
Proud Retired MoC
and now Active (like yeast in warm water!) Member of The Legion
Captain Dai_atan

Postby chemefreak on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:35 pm

Dai_atan wrote:
owenshooter wrote:
Gold Knight wrote:

you don't have to enter this contest,
some people would be thrilled to get 3months extra, especially considering the minor amount of work involved in this contest...
We at the dispatch know that people are going to do this sort of thing anyway just for the love of it. So we figured we may as well add a little prize on top.
No need to insult us :)

Just foe owenshooter and you won't have to read his bullshit. Unless of course someone quotes it...

This should be a fun contest. I am looking forward to winning. 8-)
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:17 am

the dismal amount of entries is staggering...
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby josko.ri on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:47 pm

werent entries closed at Friday 22th?
accepting new ones after the deadline may cause only unfair advantage to them as they saw more results that the ones who sent prediction within the deadline.
Major josko.ri

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:20 pm

josko.ri wrote:werent entries closed at Friday 22th?
accepting new ones after the deadline may cause only unfair advantage to them as they saw more results that the ones who sent prediction within the deadline.

That's true. If you or anyone else who has entered already wants to change their entry that's fine.

We're extending the competition to this weekend coming to encourage more entries.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby josko.ri on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:51 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:We're extending the competition to this weekend coming to encourage more entries.

ok, good to know that :)
Major josko.ri

Postby nikola_milicki on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:28 pm

Bruceswar wrote:the dismal amount of entries is staggering...

maybe too much research for only 3 months premium?
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby Gold Knight on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:39 pm

nikola_milicki wrote:

Just fine for me, I put no research in and still have an equal shot at winning... :D Technically, its better if less people enter because it increases the chances of those who were willing to put in 3 mins of typing numbers in. Hell, you could copy LC's example and that would be about 20 secs, though i would reconsider having JP as the winningest player... ;)

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby laughingcavalier on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:35 am

Second post is updated with link to excel of entries
Major laughingcavalier

Postby owenshooter on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:01 am

nikola_milicki wrote:

pretty much...-the black jesus
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:25 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:Second post is updated with link to excel of entries

Does not work...

This item might not exist or is no longer available
This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Eyestone on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:54 am

This competition would have been a little interesting if we could see the suggestions. But we can't...
General Eyestone

Postby laughingcavalier on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:35 am

Sorry about that - link corrected.
Will try get an image file together to make it nice & easy to see.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby chemefreak on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:25 am

I know that I am sometimes an arrogant ass, but I swear that I put CoF as my predicted winningest player, not myself! Hehe.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Commander62890 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:31 pm

It's surprising to see Dako and CoF chosen 3 times apiece, when no other player was selected more than once
Major Commander62890

Postby laughingcavalier on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Updated.

chemefreak wrote:I know that I am sometimes an arrogant ass, but I swear that I put CoF as my predicted winningest player, not myself! Hehe.

Sorry! Yours was the only one that I got mixed up I think - it was right on the other pages of the sheet.

Commander62890 wrote:It's surprising to see Dako and CoF chosen 3 times apiece, when no other player was selected more than once

I was surprised too - seems everyone has a lot of faith in TOFU, and looking at how they're doing that may not be misplaced.
Major laughingcavalier

Next

Return to Newsletter Archives