Conquer Club

How should i approach kings court

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

How should i approach kings court

Postby Donlarry on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:05 pm

how should i approach kings court
Sergeant Donlarry

Re: How should i approach kings court

Postby Arama86n on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:08 pm

With apprehension and a touch of fear. ;)

Considering it's only been available to play for a few hours I don't think too many people are ready to be mentoring others on it just yet ;) Start a few games and see what you think.
Major Arama86n

Postby anonymus on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Arama86n wrote:With apprehension and a touch of fear. ;)

Considering it's only been available to play for a few hours I don't think too many people are ready to be mentoring others on it just yet ;) Start a few games and see what you think.

i like it! played 2 games on it got whopped royally in both (seq and i went 2nd) but i think i have a sound strategy for it now..
the next couple of games i'll try to also find a sound timing to execute this..

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby danryan on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:50 pm

From behind.

Seriously though, there are major changes going on in Beta as it just went live- for instance the large map has an error. In addition the knights will be 4 neutral instead of 3 soon.

Archers, catapults, and trebuchets are dead ends similar the artillery in Waterloo or the planes in Stalingrad. The counsellors are not worth taking until you are sure you can hold them (any noble can attack a counselor). The knights are very, very strong.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:44 pm

I've played two games on it. The knights are key. I tried building to be able to deploy on a catapult > trebuchet > enemy castle (but only advance to kill castle)

The biggest problem I had was how many troops to advance where, due to the deadended-ness of the map.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby shocked439 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:57 pm

I have several active right now and on a 4 player or less lord chamberlain is the best council to take. The archers help you clear out castles easily, but since they only bombard they have their limitations. I see 3 different strategies developing for this map. The comparisons to hive are unfair since it's a starting position map. It's more fair to compare it to WWII Poland. None the less it's a great design and well thought game play
Sergeant shocked439

Postby 40kguy on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:28 pm

dont play it the game went stale in a 2 player game.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:37 pm

40kguy wrote:dont play it the game went stale in a 2 player game.

How does that discourage other modes of gameplay?

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Streaker on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:19 am

Stalemate 1v1? It's an option to attack, you know. First turn without fog is huge on that map.
I see great potential for team games.
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby danryan on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:36 am

I can't see this at all. Going first is an advantage, no doubt, but because of the conquest format it's not as overwhelming as going first on World 2.1, Supermax, or NYC. But stale? There is no way to stalemate a 2 player game!
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby 40kguy on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:47 pm

Game 8073096
read the game chat i quite because the game was going stale. i also only play freestyle i thought a lot of people knew that. sequential is so boring.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby theherkman on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:39 pm

This map is officially retarded... Some major bugs where some territories act like archers... Regular territories... I'm gonna stop playing it for a while...
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Postby Joodoo on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:01 am

Always great to contact the mapmaker if you have concerns about gameplay.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby natty dread on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:54 pm

theherkman wrote:This map is officially retarded... Some major bugs where some territories act like archers... Regular territories... I'm gonna stop playing it for a while...

Uh, does the concept of "BETA TESTING" ring a bell?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Underated on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:48 am

Played over 15 games now in 4, 6, 8, doubles and quads to qualify my comments.

This is the closest map to "chess" that the Conquer Club has produced.

It offers so many portals of attack depending on your position when you start, that to answer how should you approach would be long winded and unreadable.

I recommend grabbing all the villages (+1's) within arms reach of the Castles, then Archers (-2 nuetral), Catupalt (-3), and last the Knight (-4).

It is up you you attacking through the Nobles via the King opens you up to someone following in behind you as the King does not reset. Successfully did that on our first few games as clan players looked to get a better read on the map.

But against expireneced players, via the combined attacking routes of Archers with catupults/knights into enemy castles offers you bonus along the way as well as massive range potent attacks is my opinion. Keeping well in reserve for counter attacks is wise and to protect the generators (+2)

Just need to see what works for you but to date it is my prefered map to play on and a lot of fun because of the variety.

Go hard early
Captain Underated

Postby Woodruff on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:02 am

It makes absolutely no sense at all for a 2-player game to go stale.

40kguy wrote:Game 8073096
read the game chat i quite because the game was going stale.

So you're a game-quitting jackass and you want to blame it on the map.

40kguy wrote:i also only play freestyle i thought a lot of people knew that. sequential is so boring.

Irrelevant.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby natty dread on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:07 am

Hah, the game barely lasted an hour, 15 rounds, and he complains that "it was going stale"...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Chaegan21 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:47 pm

i've played a couple of games on it now, mostly 6 or 8 player
seen some very different strategies!
in one game the player who won went for archers from the start, then catapults then knights
I prefer to go for villages for 2 rounds, hopefully getting the 3 near your castle depending on the dice and then go for knights
i don't like the archers, catapults or trebs because you can reinforce from them....if you do put men on them you have to make sure not to commit....if you're playing FOW (which i nearly always do) then the archers can be useful to use as scouts because of their direct assault
for me the kights are the key! if you want to win you have to take knights!they're even more important in FOW games because they allow suprise counter attacks!
in all the games i've played nobody has used the nobles to any effect!....it's just too easy to come right in behind somebody if they go for them!they might be usefull in a triples or quads game though and are a nice addition to the map...in one game i managed to trap a player on noble and then take his spoils!
i have to say i do like the map mainly because of all the counter attacking! its impossible to just put your men on a border in defense! you really have to hold men back defending your villages and castles because if you over commit you might just lose all your bonuses in a turn!
There are many different strategies you can use on the map which makes it so good! I've just given one of them that i like at the minute...after a couple of games i might have changed my mind again :)
Major Chaegan21

Return to Conquer Club Discussion