Conquer Club

Incorporate Watch This Game Add On into Site

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby kclborat on Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:29 pm

i like it, i like to watch my friends' games. good idea
Most points: 1606
Private 1st Class kclborat

Postby ZawBanjito on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:42 am

Har har har, that brings back memories. I just checked my records and I first suggested this idea on the 25th of January last year! lack totally ignored it. And then - sadly, I can't find this one - someone else suggested the same thing not long after. lack responded rather bluntly. I believe it went something like, "this has to be the dumbest idea I've ever heard. I literally can't believe it's even been made."
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:53 am

I recall that particular lack post...exactly what I thought of when I saw this topic again. Maybe he'll reconsider? Or maybe he won't :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby LetGodSortThem on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:34 am

Just book mark the games...delete after...
Sergeant 1st Class LetGodSortThem

Postby max is gr8 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:01 am

That would take longer with the amount of tourney games I'm following :lol:
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby CBlake on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:19 pm

what max said
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Postby ericisshort on Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:37 pm

it would be a really nice option.
Captain ericisshort

Postby spinwizard on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:45 am

go go go
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby cramill on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:35 pm

I was just thinking about this and I thought it would be usefull. I was about to post a new thread (using the form - the proper way to make a sugestion) like this:

Sugestion: Make a 'Watch Game' option
Specifics: say you want to watch a game for some reason, especially if you have organized a torny, so you press a button like "watch this game" and then that game shows up on your games page.
Why it is needed: It would make it a little easier to watch games that you are interested in.
Priority: 1 - not really needed, it would be nice though.

But, after searching for this sugestion I realized that it doesn't need to be done. Just look at what has been said on the topic:

Option to watch game?
this one was suggested over a year ago but it didn't get any replies

watched games?
this one was clear back in Apr 2006, and it got some negative replys.

a bit like ebay's Watch this item - CC's Watch this game
some ideas here

Yes, it would be very usefull for toury organizers, but all you have to do is put a link to every game in the first post of your toruny's thread, then you can easily check up on the games in your tourny. I'm sure there are other simple ways to easily note down games you want to watch, too.
Corporal 1st Class cramill

Postby Econ2000 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:48 pm

a bit like ebay's Watch this item - CC's Watch this game

lol
Rap music is being listened to by 97% of teenagers, if you're one of the 3% of teenagers that actually listen to real music, then put this in your signature.
Corporal Econ2000

Postby lackattack on Sat May 19, 2007 11:48 am

Just bookmark the game in your web browser!
Sergeant lackattack

"Watched Games" for tournament organizers

Postby IT3USN on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:01 pm

This doesn't have to be just for tournament organizers, but I think it would most useful for them. It is extremely difficult for tournament organizers to keep up with all of the games they create. It would come in handy to have an option to "watch game" instead of the current "join game" or "drop game". Then you could have a new tab in your "my games" menu that had "watched games. That way we can easily watch what games are waiting for players, which are started, and which are finished. An alternate to this might be just for tourny organizers that would have a similar tab but just tracked all your tourny games you have created.

I don't believe this has been brought up before. I searched the forum but only briefly.
Corporal 1st Class IT3USN

Postby Iz Man on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:24 pm

I like this idea, except I think it should be expanded for all players.
Just like ebay, you could "watch" games you're interested in. Have it along with the same options as Active Games, Recently Finished, Awaiting Players, Eliminated, & Watching.
This would be nice so you don't have to go searching an individual's games or punching in different game #'s because you forgot what the game # was.
"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Wilhelm II
Lieutenant Iz Man

Postby IT3USN on Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:33 pm

Iz Man wrote:I like this idea, except I think it should be expanded for all players.
Just like ebay, you could "watch" games you're interested in. Have it along with the same options as Active Games, Recently Finished, Awaiting Players, Eliminated, & Watching.
This would be nice so you don't have to go searching an individual's games or punching in different game #'s because you forgot what the game # was.

Yeah exactly what I meant by not just for tournament organizers. I just think it would be most useful to them. I think Everyone would benefit from it though for the same reasons you just mentioned. Also something you mentioned brought up another good point. When people are participating in doubles and triples tournaments where one team has to join before the other, it would be a great help if you are to join second if you could just watch the game until the other team joins instead of continually having to look up which games you are supposed to join until the other team finally joins. I think this is one reason why so many tournies never finish.

Postby AK_iceman on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:46 pm

This has been suggested before, and I believe it was Rejected.

Btw, you can use the Game Finder and just imput your tourney game settings. Then you'll have a list of all your tourney games you created and you can see who has joined or not all from 1 page.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby Forza AZ on Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:39 am

AK_iceman wrote:This has been suggested before, and I believe it was Rejected.

Btw, you can use the Game Finder and just imput your tourney game settings. Then you'll have a list of all your tourney games you created and you can see who has joined or not all from 1 page.

Yes, that is what I always do. Just type a part of the tournament name (a part that is in all games of that tournament) at Game Finder, and then you see exactly what the status of all the games is.
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Iz Man on Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:41 pm

Who cares about tourneys?
Hardly any get completed anyways.
My point was for the average cc'er who doesn't play tourneys.
It would be a good idea to have a category along with your active games for those that you're "watching".
"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Wilhelm II
Lieutenant Iz Man

Postby IT3USN on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 pm

Forza AZ wrote:
AK_iceman wrote:This has been suggested before, and I believe it was Rejected.

Yes, that is what I always do. Just type a part of the tournament name (a part that is in all games of that tournament) at Game Finder, and then you see exactly what the status of all the games is.

Yes, that is what I do now too. but it would be so much easier to enter games to calculate points or what not by selecting them from an already built list in your my games menu. Right now, I have to search for my games every time I look for a different game. in a tourny where round one has 240 games, this gets extremely tedious to repost search data every time.

Postby spinwizard on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:19 pm

I love this idea
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby IT3USN on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:47 pm

bump

bookmarked games

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:15 pm

* Suggestion Idea: the ability to bookmark games
* Specifics: a simple button near the game number that allows you to bookmark it. there could be also a limit of bookmarked games if unlimeted causes too much server load.
* Why it is needed: it is especially useful for tournament organizers. (even though they can post the link to each game and follow from there) but also for the other users. many times i had a nice conversation in another game and i forgot the game # and could not continue it. or simply wanted to watch a game but forgot the #
* Priority** (1-5): 3. it's not really that urgent so i guess it deserves a 1 but the fact it is a simple change made me give it a 3.

**Note**

1 = Bottom of 'To Do' list
5 = Urgent, implement with next update

PS: i looked on the to-do list and could not find this suggestion. but somehow i'm sure it has been suggested before.
:roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby AK_iceman on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:33 pm

Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:55 pm

k thanks. it was in the to do list but in the title of watch games. i had no idea it was about bookmarking. :lol:

PS: exactly as i assumed. it had been suggested before. i'm a psychic :shock:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Fircoal on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:30 am

SEe the problem is that while most (80%) of the people do, the other people aren't able to find it due to different names. :wink:
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby lackattack on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:23 pm

I don't think that watched games for everyone is useful enough to program.

I would like to develop better tools to make things streamlined for tourney organizers, and something similar to this could be included in such tools.

But for now the Game Finder solution seems good enough. Perhaps someone could explain better why they think isn't. Of course, it only works if tourney organizers name their games in a standard way. Perhaps the tourney label should be a pull-down menu instead of free-form text for starting games and finding games?
Sergeant lackattack

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions