Conquer Club

New Type Of Game - Objective based

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

New Type Of Game - Objective based

Postby Rosso87 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Concise description:
    [New style of game option. Eliminate a player like assassin or control continents to win, each player has own secrety objective given at start of game]

Specifics/Details:
  • When I used to play the board game risk, there was an option to play a style of game where you drew a card, and that card gave you an objective to complete. I can't remember the name for this option of play. Everyone's objectives were secret from everyone else and once someone completed their objective they won the game. Objectives were either to eliminate another player, exactly like in Assassin games, or to take control of 2 continents. Say for example, control North America and Australia to win. Or control Europe and Africa to win. Etc. What do people think of this?

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • More options to play with
Lieutenant Rosso87

Re: New Type Of Game - Objective based

Postby greenoaks on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:25 pm

i half like it,

i like the objective where you have to kill another person to win

as for the other bit, i don't see how that could be applied to most of the maps here
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby jigger1986 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:56 pm

I like the idea, but I think it would be near impossible to have a set of objedctives that makes sense on the variety of maps offered. I think bc there are so many maps, each set of "objective cards" would have to be map specific.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Rosso87 wrote:Concise description:
    [New style of game option. Eliminate a player like assassin or control continents to win, each player has own secrety objective given at start of game]

Specifics/Details:
  • When I used to play the board game risk, there was an option to play a style of game where you drew a card, and that card gave you an objective to complete. I can't remember the name for this option of play. Everyone's objectives were secret from everyone else and once someone completed their objective they won the game. Objectives were either to eliminate another player, exactly like in Assassin games, or to take control of 2 continents. Say for example, control North America and Australia to win. Or control Europe and Africa to win. Etc. What do people think of this?

You have to consider the VAST amount of maps on CC, and how all of them are not unique. This may work for certain maps, like Classic, but how would you come up with a ton of unique cards for a map like Doodle Earth? or Luxembourg? or for a map like Age of Realms 1, 2, 3?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:02 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Rosso87 wrote:Concise description:

Specifics/Details:

You have to consider the VAST amount of maps on CC, and how all of them are not unique. This may work for certain maps, like Classic, but how would you come up with a ton of unique cards for a map like Doodle Earth? or Luxembourg? or for a map like Age of Realms 1, 2, 3?

TFO, this would work for any map. The OP suggested very general objectives at first with "eliminate the red player" or control 2 bonuses. Certainly it wouldn't work across maps if an objective card was for "conquering Africa," though. Another good card is controlling 1/2 of the territories, and there are plenty of others that would work across all maps.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Return to Archived Suggestions