Conquer Club

WWII:Poland [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WWII:Poland [Quenched]

Postby lostatlimbo on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:44 pm

00iCon wrote:What about vice versa? ERS attacks Su01.
Though I agree it is so minor only someone whining about losing too many games would pick up on it. If it takes no effort though it should be fixed.

It was my first time playing this map and the legend is poorly worded.

I could really give a flying truck if the mapmaker chooses to fix this or not because I don't intend to play it again, but perhaps he should make things clearer for future players playing it for the first time.
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby mrbang on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:15 pm

reposted from bugs

I was just playing a new map (WWII Poland) for the first time, and noticed that the written descriptions did not match up with the Map Inspector Icons.

For instance Soviet Union01 attacked by Polish control 02, Soviet Control 01, Semyon Timoshenko.

But the attack Icon only shows up on Semyon Timoshenko and not on the other two.

Maybe its just that map, haven't noticed it before.

mrbang
Sergeant 1st Class mrbang

Postby ender516 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:54 pm

It seems that when it comes to the Map Inspect icons that BOB displays, bombardment information overrides attack information. Because Soviet Union01 can bombard Polish Control 02 and Soviet Control 01, you don't see that they can attack in return. For the full story, you have to read the Map Inspect text.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby altera on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:24 am

I got stuck in this map when I was left with one territory Slovak Control 01 and it seems impossible to do anything theoretically to win/concoer any theritorry from this situation. Is this normal for this Map? when I have only 1 bombarding teritorry there is not anything to do from that point, but to bombard tanks and it is not possible to conquer any territory...
Please help if you know more.

with regards,
Srđan Krčmaričić
Sergeant 1st Class altera

Postby samuelc812 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:44 am

altera wrote:I got stuck in this map when I was left with one territory Slovak Control 01 and it seems impossible to do anything theoretically to win/concoer any theritorry from this situation. Is this normal for this Map? when I have only 1 bombarding teritorry there is not anything to do from that point, but to bombard tanks and it is not possible to conquer any territory...
Please help if you know more.

with regards,
Srđan Krčmaričić

It's possible on any map which has bombard only territories, it's a part of the gameplay which unfortunately sometimes results with people ending up in the situation you find yourself in. One of the main things on a map like this, is to make sure that you don't deploy/move all your armies on to 'bombard only' territs, that is where you can become stuck.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby Yeager on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:35 am

Thought the wording regarding airplanes and tanks was a bit confusing, cost me a few armies but I learned. Besides that, I think it is a good map. Nice dynamics, looks good, and strong theme. I had a fun time playing it.

Thanks for making it.
Corporal 1st Class Yeager

Postby carlpgoodrich on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Amazing map. By far my favorite (and best) on CC. I was wondering, though, now with the XML update involving losing conditions, would it make sense to include the condition that if a player only holds planes they are eliminated? Its not a big deal (like I said, I love this map either way), but it would save a turn or two at the end of games. It would also prevent people who have no chance of winning from attacking other players randomly (or in retribution).

I know the map is quenched and in general I would be hesitant from changing anything on such a good map, but this seems to be the type of map that the new losing condition was made for.
Lieutenant carlpgoodrich

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:57 pm

What territ attacks Slovak Control 2?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:58 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:What territ attacks Slovak Control 2?

And German 03?
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:06 pm

carlpgoodrich wrote:Amazing map. By far my favorite (and best) on CC. I was wondering, though, now with the XML update involving losing conditions, would it make sense to include the condition that if a player only holds planes they are eliminated? Its not a big deal (like I said, I love this map either way), but it would save a turn or two at the end of games. It would also prevent people who have no chance of winning from attacking other players randomly (or in retribution).

I know the map is quenched and in general I would be hesitant from changing anything on such a good map, but this seems to be the type of map that the new losing condition was made for.

This would also prevent holding players hostage.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby tokle on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:15 pm

German Control 4,5 and 6

patrickaa317 wrote:And German 03?

German Control 2,3 and 4
ImageImage
Major tokle

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:08 pm

tokle wrote:

German Control 4,5 and 6

German Control 2,3 and 4

Is BOB wrong on this map? It's showing as the territs you listed bombard the territs I listed.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby tokle on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:23 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
tokle wrote:

German Control 4,5 and 6

German Control 2,3 and 4

Is BOB wrong on this map? It's showing as the territs you listed bombard the territs I listed.

Mine is showing it correctly, I think.
Though the graphic only shows that the planes can bombard them, I guess because it wouldn't be possible to have both the graphic of "can attack" and "bombarded by" on the same terit?
ImageImage
Major tokle

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:48 pm

tokle wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
tokle wrote:

German Control 4,5 and 6

German Control 2,3 and 4

Though the graphic only shows that the planes can bombard them, I guess because it wouldn't be possible to have both the graphic of "can attack" and "bombarded by" on the same terit?

That makes sense. Thanks Tokle.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby MrBenn on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:11 pm

tokle wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
tokle wrote:

German Control 4,5 and 6

German Control 2,3 and 4

BOB gets confused with territories that can be attacked but that bombard back. I noticed it on Kings Court - perhaps the BOB chaps could add another indicator (perhaps in inverted L shape?)

--suggestion being carried over to the tech forum ;-) :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=528&t=133387&p=2920620#p2920620
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:35 pm

MrBenn wrote:
tokle wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
tokle wrote:

German Control 4,5 and 6

German Control 2,3 and 4

BOB gets confused with territories that can be attacked but that bombard back. I noticed it on Kings Court - perhaps the BOB chaps could add another indicator (perhaps in inverted L shape?)

--suggestion being carried over to the tech forum ;-) :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=528&t=133387&p=2920620#p2920620

Thanks MrBenn
Sergeant patrickaa317

Re: WWII: The Invasion of Poland -V4- 7/2/09

Postby Lame Duck on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:52 am

Ruben Cassar wrote:Errr...I guess you mean Great Britain?

When Germany invaded Poland the USA was neutral, and it would be two long years before the Americans entered the war leaving Great Britain to do it alone.

Great Britain lost its Empire to defend Europe while America became a super power. Also I seriously doubt Germany would have lost the war were it not for the USSR attacking it from the East after the Germans broke the pact.

hey Ruben....Great Britain lost its empire defending Europe??? Doubtful...UK lost its empire because they over extended themselves over centuries. How dare you infer that America won its superiority at the expense of UK's chivalrous and suicidal defense of an entire continent. The USA bailed Europe out of WWI during many bloody battles. USA wanted no more of their boys to die. We had little reason to enter a second war coming out of a drepression and WWI so recent in memory.

When attacked in the Pacific during WWII, America fought not only a two front war, but also in two hemispheres. USA gained its superiority not by the good fortune of the UK busying herself in battle, but by the hard work, dedication, and pure tenacity of its greatest generation.
Private 1st Class Lame Duck

WWII POLAND AIRCRAFT

Postby StinknLincoln on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:00 am

WWII POLAND is by far my favorite map but there is a major flaw concerning the lone aircraft.

If a player is reduced to only aircraft, it's impossible to win but you have the option to attack whoever you have an angst against, stir trouble or waste time by not taking your turn.

I suggest that if a player is reduced to only aircraft, said aircraft should be transformed to neutral.
Private StinknLincoln

WWII POLAND AIRCRAFT

Postby StinknLincoln on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:01 am

WWII POLAND is by far my favorite map but there is a major flaw concerning the lone aircraft.

If a player is reduced to only aircraft, it's impossible to win but you have the option to attack whoever you have an angst against, stir trouble or waste time by not taking your turn.

I suggest that if a player is reduced to only aircraft, said aircraft should be transformed to neutral.
Private StinknLincoln

Re: WWII POLAND AIRCRAFT

Postby codierose on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:14 am

dont take plane problem sorted
why dont you post in the map foundry
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=358&t=72531
Major codierose

Postby agentcom on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Since we generally don't delete posts, I've MERGED the duplicate OPs. OP is welcome to delete one of them.

That said, this is a proper inquiry for the Foundry and Codierose has provided the link to that.

Can a mod with permissions in the Foundry, please merge this to the WWII Poland thread?
Brigadier agentcom

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:28 am

StinknLincoln wrote:If a player is reduced to only aircraft, it's impossible to win

False.

You can win if there were nukes
You can win if it was Assassin
You can win if it is a team game
You can win if they deadbeat
etc.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:36 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
StinknLincoln wrote:If a player is reduced to only aircraft, it's impossible to win

False.

etc.

^+1
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby anonymus on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:01 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:

False.

etc.

THIS

with the addition if it is a teamgame with spoils and you are autokilled wouldnt code give the troops to next in line as well as spoils.. potential for abuse there..

just try not to piss people off and there wil be no problem as it is now ;)

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby agentcom on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:36 pm

agentcom wrote:
Can a mod with permissions in the Foundry, please merge this to the WWII Poland thread?
Brigadier agentcom

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas