Conquer Club

BOB Border indicators

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

BOB Border indicators

Postby MrBenn on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Subject: WWII:Poland [Quenched]

MrBenn wrote:
tokle wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
tokle wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:What territ attacks Slovak Control 2?

German Control 4,5 and 6

patrickaa317 wrote:And German 03?

German Control 2,3 and 4

Is BOB wrong on this map? It's showing as the territs you listed bombard the territs I listed.

Mine is showing it correctly, I think.
Though the graphic only shows that the planes can bombard them, I guess because it wouldn't be possible to have both the graphic of "can attack" and "bombarded by" on the same terit?

BOB gets confused with territories that can be attacked but that bombard back. I noticed it on Kings Court - perhaps the BOB chaps could add another indicator (perhaps in inverted L shape?)

--suggestion being carried over to the tech forum ;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Re: BOB Border indicators

Postby ender516 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:45 pm

Perhaps at the same time as making this change, all the bars and boxes could have a black edge (a stroke, I think they call it in the Graphics Workshop) so they stand out against similar colours on the map.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:59 am

ender516 wrote:Perhaps at the same time as making this change, all the bars and boxes could have a black edge (a stroke, I think they call it in the Graphics Workshop) so they stand out against similar colours on the map.

That's a great idea too. Not that BOB is needed for Poker Club but it is impossible to see borders because of the white space on the cards.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby phantomzero on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Are these "hashes" images or ??? I'm not sure of the time it will take to re-do all of the images.
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby sherkaner on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:46 am

phantomzero wrote:Are these "hashes" images or ??? I'm not sure of the time it will take to re-do all of the images.

The things showing up in the 'Map Inspect'-text are images, the others are borders around the elements. Not sure how to give borders a border..

I thought about the L and inverted L-shape before (attacks, bombarded by and attacked by, bombards). But I'm not sure how to really explain them. I'd say it's useful to see the top line as attacks, the bottom line as attacked by, the left one as bombards, and the right one as bombarded by. But that would decrease the lines (and thus the visibility), and would create confusion for a while (a few complaints probably).
So in the end I left it as it is.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby sherkaner on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:00 pm

New idea: I could make normal attacks circles (with 1 side open if 1 direction) and bombardments blocks (similar to now), and give them a shadow (only on the outside though).

This way I could make for the attack/bombarded by thing a circle for the upper half, and a block for the lower half (and vice versa for the attacked by/bombards. It will create a few complains, but this could work. Any other thoughts?
Colonel sherkaner

Postby ender516 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:49 pm

I like this. You should note that a new BOB user has just recently asked in the main BOB thread about making this stuff more legible. I have posted a link from there to here.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby MrBenn on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Could you not work out some kind of text-overlay with different brackets?? ( [ {<

I like the idea of having one-side represent attacks to and the other attacked by....
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby sherkaner on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Hmm, I could but that would make it way harder actually... Fonts and sizes etc. aren't the most compatible things in browsers. I'll work this thing out, and await the backlash :)
Colonel sherkaner

Postby phantomzero on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:52 pm

sherkaner wrote:New idea: I could make normal attacks circles (with 1 side open if 1 direction) and bombardments blocks (similar to now), and give them a shadow (only on the outside though).

This way I could make for the attack/bombarded by thing a circle for the upper half, and a block for the lower half (and vice versa for the attacked by/bombards. It will create a few complains, but this could work. Any other thoughts?

If they are images couldn't you use a 1 pixel black stroke around each? If you can post the link to the images I can show you what I mean.
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby sherkaner on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:31 pm

They (the things on the map) aren't images, they are divs with a border around them. The css-property box-shadow should work though (but not sure whether it will be ugly or not).
Colonel sherkaner

Return to Tools Suggestions