Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 40: 23-12-10] No "Lack" of Holiday Cheer

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 40: 23-12-10] No "Lack" of Holiday Cheer

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 40th edition of the Dispatch :)

In this Christmas edition of our newsletter, and in honor of the 5th anniversary of Conquer Club, we interrogate none other than Lackattack, the big guy himself. Find out what it was like taking Conquer Club from a hobby to a full-time job. And get a sneak peek at what the future holds for our favorite game.

Just in case you missed the latest news, Conquer Club is turning 5 years old this January. Find out how we are celebrating! And be sure to check out the Official Winter Holiday Celebration 2010. it's time to get this party started!

Have a safe and happy holidays.

dolomite13 - Newsletter Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Merry Xmas from the Freestyle Team!

This edition we have a review of the Annual Risk Classic (better late than never!) by TheSaxLad and advice from deathcomesrippin as to how to deal when faced in battle against those tough talking high rankers. I also had a conversation with the turtle himself in celebration of the website's 5th birthday! Discover below what actually was going on whilst Lack was at McGill! Enjoy :)

Nagerous

Click image to enlarge.

Annual Risk Classic Write Up by TheSaxLad

show

Dealing with the "Big Boys" (and "Girls") by deathcomesrippin

show

show: Interrogation of Lackattack

Hola amigos:

Welcome to the Holiday issue of the War Games. This is my first appearance as Tournament Executive and I want to thanks the whole ConquerClub Dispatch Team for the opportunity. On the other side, this is Amazzony's last issue! She will take a break for a while, but hopefully, we can have her back in the near future. Good luck ZZ, and thanks for all your help, time and dedication!

I wish all of you a wonderful Holiday Season (Christmas, Hanukkah, Navidad!) and a great new year, and lets hope Santa can bring us a better dice for 2011. :lol:

jricart - Tournament Executive

Join This? Or Not! by amazzony
show: JOIN THIS - OR NOT

TPA Update by jrh_cardinal
show: TPA Update

2010 Tournaments Year In Review by Night Strike
show: 2010 Tournaments Year In Review

In this issue we have a Map Spotlight featuring an interview with grifftron, the continuation of last issues History 101 on the military history of the United States of America and a special Xtreme Holiday interview with MrBenn and a very special foundry holiday word finder puzzle for your amusement. We will return to your regularly scheduled format next issue.

dolomite13

Happy Holidays

The "X" in "Xmas" is for "Xtreme"!
show

Holiday Foundry Fun Word Finder
show

Maps Review

Map Spotlight: Thailand
show

Inside the Foundry

History 101: United States of America (1865 - 1945)
show

What a year the clans have had - quite a coming of age. Who would have thought clan wars would have become a spectator sport the way they have? Challenge threads have been full of excitement (and sometimes that excitement has become plain nastiness), and key games have been filled with chat from watchers dropping in. The Conqueror's Cup has added a whole new level of intensity to the scene. Several clans have established their right to be counted among the elite, a host of new clans have emerged to challenge them. More clan games have been played than ever before. The clan directors brought us game creation privileges. And to cap it all off, we have -

The clan medal!
jpcloet has been working on this for a long time and it arrives as a Christmas present, bringing joy to the heart of many a committed clannie. It's awarded to any player who wins a small (or large) number of games in a challenge win. jp has worked through all the existing clan wars and handed out medals to everyone who qualifies (barring a few where there are troubles tracking down the games). The nice 11 medals won symbol you see above is taken from the profile of the early leader in the medals stakes, blitzaholic - players from other clans such as TOFU and Legion are not far behind. It seems this is a valued and sought after medal. And no surprise. What's better than having a gang of mates and getting together with them to conquer the world?

State of Play by laughingcavalier (TSM)
show

RUM RANTS: The Festive Foods Drunkards Lift Out by bogangod (BotFM)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of trapyoung. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with trapyoung

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to nagerous and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscibe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
Cook dolomite13

Re: CC Dispatch [Iss 40: 23.12.10] No "Lack" of Holiday Chee

Postby Qwert on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:03 am

im first to post?
Interesting-you forget to add Ardennes Offensive to US Military history part WWII.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby dolomite13 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:44 pm

qwert wrote:im first to post?
Interesting-you forget to add Ardennes Offensive to US Military history part WWII.

I didn't have room for every map and left out a few. I will try and make up for it in part 3 =)

=D=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby Tupence on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:55 pm

An excellent issue of the newsletter, especially the interview with Lack. Love the Swedish Chef reference
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby InsomniaRed on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:15 am

Great work guys!!!
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:38 pm

InsomniaRed wrote:Great work guys!!! (The Foundry section was the best, especially your article, Sully)

Aw, thanks Red :lol:

But in all seriousness, everyone did a fantastic job across the board =D>

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Great issue folks! I liked the interview with Lackattack! :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:40 pm

Very good issue - congrats all round. I never thought I would, but I actually ended-up reading the whole thing (that's a first!).
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Return to Newsletter Issues