Fractured China - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Now Here: Fractured China V.1a!!

Postby Evil DIMwit on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:04 am

Xizang -> Tibet?
Xinjiang -> Uyghurstan/East Turkestan?

These are two major separatist movements in those respective areas (though East Turkestan doesn't try to claim Qinghai).
ImageImage
Captain Evil DIMwit

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby The Bison King on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:12 am

Impassables.
Sergeant The Bison King

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Re: Now Here: Fractured China V.1!!

Postby 24Keyser on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:06 am

isaiah40 wrote:Okay here is an almost finished draft. I think China is totally fractured, although I probably could eliminate Russia. But I'll leave that to you all. So take a gander and let me know!!

I still have to put in impassable's and such.

Click image to enlarge.

Good so far!
Cadet 24Keyser

Postby Industrial Helix on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:13 am

I think you're going to have to put Vietnam on the map like you did Mexico on FA.

Also, maybe throw Taiwan into that bonus region with HK and Macao.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:29 am

Evil DIMwit wrote:Xizang -> Tibet?
Xinjiang -> Uyghurstan/East Turkestan?

These are two major separatist movements in those respective areas (though East Turkestan doesn't try to claim Qinghai).

According to the info I found, both Xizang and Xinjiang are autonomous states so that is why they are their own bonuses (although I have both of them taking an extra territory from China.

The Bison King wrote:Impassables.

So impatient you are :lol: They are coming next update.
Industrial Helix wrote:I think you're going to have to put Vietnam on the map like you did Mexico on FA.

Also, maybe throw Taiwan into that bonus region with HK and Macao.

Well I did have Vietnam take 1 territory from china, but I guess you're suggesting to have a couple more territories added to them?? Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Macao and Hong Kong are city states so to speak. I might add in another city and use them as starting points. Though I'm not sure if it would out. :-k
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:59 pm

China/Pakistan/India all have disputed territory in the mountains--that seems like something that could be on the map as well.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Fractured China V.1b

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:China/Pakistan/India all have disputed territory in the mountains--that seems like something that could be on the map as well.

--Andy

True, I could put them in, at the same time they are small areas whereas on the maps I have seen, they are in the possession of India already, so I voted (by me, myself and I) to leave them out.

Anyhows, This next update features some impasables along with taking out the Russian Federation so as to focus more on China. I also added Taiwan to the city bonus (which I will put the bonuses on my next update).

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Fractured China V.1b

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Hm, I understand. It just seems without them, the map is much less fractured. :(

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby Industrial Helix on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 pm

I'd like to see India still play some part in the Fracturing of China, same for Vietnam... especially Vietnam. I figure if a country is taking a piece of the fractured state, then they ought to have more of their country on the map. And... not that you have a whole lot of room, but a little Japan action would be cool. You know, reviving the ole South East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:29 am

Industrial Helix wrote:I'd like to see India still play some part in the Fracturing of China, same for Vietnam... especially Vietnam. I figure if a country is taking a piece of the fractured state, then they ought to have more of their country on the map. And... not that you have a whole lot of room, but a little Japan action would be cool. You know, reviving the ole South East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere.

Well, let me get the legend and everything put on the map and then I'll work at fitting India in there somehow. I could put Japan in there but we will need to go over the map size restriction a little ;)

Anyways I'll get a new update after Christmas, so on that note Merry Christmas everyone!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby jefjef on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:09 pm

You could try to incorporate Korea Straight - Jeju-do - Tsushima - Kyushu in this.

I'd definitely have Russian influence/terts on the map.

Be sure to try to get the same graphics feel you achieved in the America map.

This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:43 pm

jefjef wrote:You could try to incorporate Korea Straight - Jeju-do - Tsushima - Kyushu in this.

I'd definitely have Russian influence/terts on the map.

Be sure to try to get the same graphics feel you achieved in the America map.

Thank you for the info! Hope to hear more from you on this map. Yes I do plan on doing the same graphically on this one. Should I just have the Russian Federation as it is basically today? Or should I have them take over some Chinese territory as well?

Again update will come after Christmas.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:38 am

Sort of what Andy was saying, I'm having difficulty seeing the "fracturedness". I mean, look at Fractured America:
Click image to enlarge.

You went all-out and crazy, and I don't see why you shouldn't now. China looks too in-tact at the moment.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby The Bison King on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:19 pm

I'd like to see Mongolia broken up a bit.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Medals: 23
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Okay I am working on the next draft, to include the Russian Federation taking over parts of Mongolia and a chunk from China. I also have India on the map taking over 5 territories from China. Nepal and Bhutan are included, but I'm thinking of having them stay neutral and use them as impassables.

To Do:
- Expand Vietnam
- Add Japan

So here is Version !

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas