Conquer Club

Fractured China - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Now Here: Fractured China V.1a!!

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:59 pm

China/Pakistan/India all have disputed territory in the mountains--that seems like something that could be on the map as well.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Fractured China V.1b

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:China/Pakistan/India all have disputed territory in the mountains--that seems like something that could be on the map as well.

--Andy

True, I could put them in, at the same time they are small areas whereas on the maps I have seen, they are in the possession of India already, so I voted (by me, myself and I) to leave them out.

Anyhows, This next update features some impasables along with taking out the Russian Federation so as to focus more on China. I also added Taiwan to the city bonus (which I will put the bonuses on my next update).

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Fractured China V.1b

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Hm, I understand. It just seems without them, the map is much less fractured. :(

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Industrial Helix on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 pm

I'd like to see India still play some part in the Fracturing of China, same for Vietnam... especially Vietnam. I figure if a country is taking a piece of the fractured state, then they ought to have more of their country on the map. And... not that you have a whole lot of room, but a little Japan action would be cool. You know, reviving the ole South East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:29 am

Industrial Helix wrote:I'd like to see India still play some part in the Fracturing of China, same for Vietnam... especially Vietnam. I figure if a country is taking a piece of the fractured state, then they ought to have more of their country on the map. And... not that you have a whole lot of room, but a little Japan action would be cool. You know, reviving the ole South East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere.

Well, let me get the legend and everything put on the map and then I'll work at fitting India in there somehow. I could put Japan in there but we will need to go over the map size restriction a little ;)

Anyways I'll get a new update after Christmas, so on that note Merry Christmas everyone!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby jefjef on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:09 pm

You could try to incorporate Korea Straight - Jeju-do - Tsushima - Kyushu in this.

I'd definitely have Russian influence/terts on the map.

Be sure to try to get the same graphics feel you achieved in the America map.

This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:43 pm

jefjef wrote:You could try to incorporate Korea Straight - Jeju-do - Tsushima - Kyushu in this.

I'd definitely have Russian influence/terts on the map.

Be sure to try to get the same graphics feel you achieved in the America map.

Thank you for the info! Hope to hear more from you on this map. Yes I do plan on doing the same graphically on this one. Should I just have the Russian Federation as it is basically today? Or should I have them take over some Chinese territory as well?

Again update will come after Christmas.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:38 am

Sort of what Andy was saying, I'm having difficulty seeing the "fracturedness". I mean, look at Fractured America:
Click image to enlarge.

You went all-out and crazy, and I don't see why you shouldn't now. China looks too in-tact at the moment.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby The Bison King on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:19 pm

I'd like to see Mongolia broken up a bit.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Okay I am working on the next draft, to include the Russian Federation taking over parts of Mongolia and a chunk from China. I also have India on the map taking over 5 territories from China. Nepal and Bhutan are included, but I'm thinking of having them stay neutral and use them as impassables.

To Do:
- Expand Vietnam
- Add Japan

So here is Version !

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Evil DIMwit on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:32 pm

I think if India figures so much in this map, it should not be so monolithic, and if it is all one bonus region, it should not have so many territories. On a similar note, the Russian regions would be impossible to defend (and I still think East Turkestan would make a good bonus).
ImageImage
Captain Evil DIMwit

Re: Fractured China V.1c

Postby jefjef on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:36 pm

North Vietnam is a large tert. I'd fracture it further. As for Japan I'd look at just including Kyushu on your map. Put Korean ownership to it.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Evil DIMwit wrote:I think if India figures so much in this map, it should not be so monolithic, and if it is all one bonus region, it should not have so many territories. On a similar note, the Russian regions would be impossible to defend (and I still think East Turkestan would make a good bonus).

I can combine some of India's territories so that it would come to about 14 total. As for Russia, I still haven't added in any extra mountains to help make it more easily defend (though not to easy). East Turkestan well that would be where the map name is, so I think I will forgo adding it in.

jefjef wrote:North Vietnam is a large tert. I'd fracture it further. As for Japan I'd look at just including Kyushu on your map. Put Korean ownership to it.

Yes I will be enlarging and fracturing that territory up on my next update.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby The Bison King on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:27 pm

My suggestions (in form of image):
Click image to enlarge.

-Keep Xinjiang (or Sinkiang), as opposed to grouping it with Russia.
-Keep Xizang (or Tibet), as opposed to grouping it with India.
-Split Mongolia up into Inner Mongolia, and true Mongolia.

I think you need to keep rolling with the "fractured" idea, the last update combined too much. there are too many big bloated bonuses that will be impossible to take and difficult to hold.
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby 24Keyser on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:13 pm

isaiah40 wrote:In line with my current Fractured America map I present you with "Fractured China".

Territory count is now sitting at 73 and aiming for 80!!

Click image to enlarge.

show: Previous Images

Nice So Far Plus Nepal And Bhutan Would Make Great Starting Points Like The Cities And Taiwan Are
Cook 24Keyser

Postby jefjef on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 pm

How about expanding this into "Fractured Asia". You are covering most of it now anyway.
Colonel jefjef

Postby Industrial Helix on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:13 pm

Yeah, I'd severely cut some of those Indian and russian territories, at this rate this map is losing its focus on China.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Changes made:
- made the rivers clearer
- Added Capitals
- Added sea routes and land attack routes
- Increased Vietnam by two territories
- Took out border between Korea and Russia and moved the border of Jilin in between them
- Added more mountains as impassables

To do List:
- Put in legend area
- Work out bonus values

Click image to enlarge.

Edit: Fast posted by IH. What territories would you like to see revert back into Chinese Control? I'm willing to knock out 3 Indian and 3 Russian territories.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby 24Keyser on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:40 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Changes made:
- made the rivers clearer
- Added Capitals
- Added sea routes and land attack routes
- Increased Vietnam by two territories
- Took out border between Korea and Russia and moved the border of Jilin in between them
- Added more mountains as impassables

To do List:
- Put in legend area
- Work out bonus values

Click image to enlarge.

Edit: Fast posted by IH. What territories would you like to see revert back into Chinese Control? I'm willing to knock out 3 Indian and 3 Russian territories.

Doing Well I Suggest You Make Nepal Bangledesh And Bhutan One And Give Them A Bit Of India And Tibet

And Mayby Just Convert This Into Fractured Asia XD

And I Suggest Giving Russia Vladivodstok As Capital

Plus You Made A Typo On Yellow Sea Making It Yelow Sea :lol:
Cook 24Keyser

Re: Fractured China V.1d

Postby natty dread on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Orisa should be Orissa (or Odisha.)

Like the map btw. Hope to see this in GP shop soon.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:20 pm

24Keyser wrote:
Doing Well I Suggest You Make Nepal Bangledesh And Bhutan One And Give Them A Bit Of India And Tibet

And Mayby Just Convert This Into Fractured Asia XD

And I Suggest Giving Russia Vladivodstok As Capital

Plus You Made A Typo On Yellow Sea Making It Yelow Sea :lol:

Thank you. As for your first suggestion, yes it could be done but I'll wait to iron that out in GP. You are the second person to mention Fractured Asia, maybe but I think I would like to focus on China for right now ... but you never know ;)

The Russian capital will stay where it is for now as most people are familiar with Irkutsk. Oh how I hate typo's :oops: Will be changed on next update.

For now I will be focusing on getting the legend done so this can get into GP where we can discuss more of the game play.

natty_dread wrote:Orisa should be Orissa (or Odisha.)

Like the map btw. Hope to see this in GP shop soon.

On the map I have it is spelled with one "s". I'll dig into and find out for sure.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Industrial Helix on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:49 pm

No, I don't mean revert back to China, I mean condense and merge some of those Indian territories in India proper, same for Russia. India should be more like 7-10 territories. Russia maybe 6-7.

I'm not sure if Laos is playable or not, but you might as well throw it in the Vietnam bonus and call it greater Indochina.

And you might want a bridge to connect Shaxi to the rest of the territories it supposedly has political control over. I mean, if that river prevents armies from getting across... how is it that Shanxi is maintaining control over them?
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:16 am

Industrial Helix wrote:No, I don't mean revert back to China, I mean condense and merge some of those Indian territories in India proper, same for Russia. India should be more like 7-10 territories. Russia maybe 6-7.

I'm not sure if Laos is playable or not, but you might as well throw it in the Vietnam bonus and call it greater Indochina.

And you might want a bridge to connect Shaxi to the rest of the territories it supposedly has political control over. I mean, if that river prevents armies from getting across... how is it that Shanxi is maintaining control over them?

Ok, understood! I know have Russia at 8 territories and India down to 13. Compared to Canada and Amexica in FA, I'd say they are comparable.

As for the capitals I was thinking of having them as separate territories to be included as part of the bonus region. If I do that then I will have 78 total territories. If I have all capitals start neutral then I will have 69 territories to start the game which is a good number. I might have to have a Korean territory start as neutral to prevent a player from dropping the Korea bonus, which would bring the number of territories down to 68, another good number.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Industrial Helix on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:24 am

Ok, I feel like Tibet ought to be a little more defensible... as it is now Korea and Manchuria are the only quick bonuses... it's going to make most games lean towards that one side of the map. You need a sort of South Africa to your two australias over there.

As for the capitals, I could go either way... I'd lean towards keeping the same gameplay FA had though for simplicities sake.

Anyway, get a legend on there and maybe show a quick small version for me to check and we'll get this moving on.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:19 pm

Okay so here is the new and improved update you all have been waiting for! Version 1e! Both large and small maps are here.

Changes made:
- Added legend with bonus values
- Added three one ways between Shanxi-Ningxi; Fujian-Taiwan; Nanning-Guagxi; and Guizhou-Kunming
- Added an impassable forest between Kunming and Sichuan Prefacture
- Added mountains between Shigastse-Nagqu Prefacture; and Gansu-Sichuan Prefacture
- Removed Hebei in Han so it won't be confused with Hubei in Chu as well as it was too small to fit in the army number
- Removed Shannan in India and merged it with Nyingchi
- Removed part of the river between Chonqing-Sichuan Prefacture as it was just unnecessary
- Extended the river between Guizhou-Sichuan Prefacture
- 12 territories are now coded as starting neutral which gives us a total of 58 territories to start with which is a good number

Large Map
Click image to enlarge.

Small Map

To do:
- Rework the legend some more
- Discuss game play!
Lieutenant isaiah40

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas