Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: 1 vs 1 quit button

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:22 pm

ben79 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
ben79 wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:So how about we just make 1v1 games a simple heads vs tail then? Heads, I win, Tails, you win?

And that would be different than now how...?

exactly

Still haven't answered my question.

if some people abuse it, like i said earlier, CC got some cheating moderators ready to catch them, and kick em out of the site, here you go for your answer, and if you gonna reply = moderators already have enough job, well my answer is that = GET MORE MODERATORS AND IF THEY DON't like their jobs they just quit it, easy as that now make a quit button for 1 vs 1 games ONLY

And how do we get more moderators if nobody applies? Or if nobody is qualified? The Multi Hunters have more than enough on their hands as it is, adding a crapload of reports saying this person is doing this or that person is doing that, is going to create more of a workload for them, thusly letting more Multi's roam the site. These guys do have lives outside of CC, and don't spend 100% of their time to catching Multi's.

And don't say "get more Multi Hunters", because it's not as easy as you think. Multi Hunters have access to sensitive information, and can't be trusted to any joe that comes off the street.

Also, you STILL need support for an idea to go anywhere, and you need lack to implement it. It could very well be moved to submitted, and he could still reject it personally.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ben79 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:25 pm

ok here it goes = can i farm new comers on CC = the answer is no, cause i'll be busted, can i create more than 1 account = the answer is no cause i'll get busted

but i still can do these 2 if i want to

so ?

people will not abuse it cause they know they will get busted.
Lieutenant ben79

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:58 pm

ben79 wrote:ok here it goes = can i farm new comers on CC = the answer is no, cause i'll be busted, can i create more than 1 account = the answer is no cause i'll get busted

so ?

People still create multiple accounts, even know they know they'll get busted. There are currently 27 891 people that are in the Guest group, even though they know the rules. Does it appear that just because it's a rule, means it's going to stop them?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Darwins_Bane on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

ben79 wrote:ok here it goes = can i farm new comers on CC = the answer is no, cause i'll be busted, can i create more than 1 account = the answer is no cause i'll get busted

so ?

Its unfortunate that this has devolved so far into a petty argument. But I truly feel you are wrong on this one. Look at society as an example. People will break the rules if they think they can get away with it, and not just that, they will break the rules even if they know they will be caught. Such popular examples as underage drinking, speeding, doing drugs. People will do anything if they think there is even a chance they won't get caught, so I don't think your argument is valid. As well, how do you regulate something when you don't know its going on? Say you and i are talking and then we both decide we'll play a bunch of 1 v 1s where i take the first bunch, and then you go get your score back up and you take the second bunch. Mods cannot read pm's so unless you report it then we both get away with it. And even if you put that point aside, do you know how many people are going to start complaining (whether that complaint is valid or not) about how so and so is gaining points or throwing games and the like? This option has way to many con's that much outweigh the pro's.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby Streaker on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:22 am

ben79 wrote:so you're answer is = no it was never tried with 1 vs 1 games ONLY,
so still is a great idea
why don't we try it to see if it's true ?

Let's jump off a cliff. 'You can't do that! You'll die!
Have you ever tried it? 'No, but I've seen people do it in the past, and they all died!'.
You didn't answer my question. I asked if YOU ever tried it? Why don't we try it to see if it's true?
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:11 am

A "resign/forfeit/quit" button/option has been used and abused before and was taken away, hence it will not be coming back.

END OF STORY.

REJECTED.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

a forfeit button

Postby Donlarry on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:32 pm

"for deadbeats"
Sergeant Donlarry

Re: a forfeit button

Postby greenoaks on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Donlarry wrote:"for deadbeats"

for yourself :D
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: a forfeit button

Postby alex951 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:32 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Donlarry wrote:"for deadbeats"

for yourself :D

Corporal alex951

'I SURRENDER' BUTTON

Postby prag on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:41 pm

I suggest adding a 'Surrender' button to every game.

Two reasons:
- Sometimes, towards the end of the game, it is obvious who is going to win the game. But because there is no provision to end the game then, the remaining players must continue playing it. This may end up taking several days if the players are not that active.

- I have had a couple cases when a player decides to not continue the game for whatever reason - stalemate, vacation, bored, etc, etc. It would be nice to allow him to leave peacefully and let the remaining players enjoy the rest of the game. Otherwise, the player's decision to quit would cost the rest of the players 3 full days until the system automatically kicks him/her out.
Major prag

Re: 'I SURRENDER' BUTTON

Postby Woodruff on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:42 pm

prag wrote:I suggest adding a 'Surrender' button to every game.

Two reasons:
- Sometimes, towards the end of the game, it is obvious who is going to win the game. But because there is no provision to end the game then, the remaining players must continue playing it. This may end up taking several days if the players are not that active.

- I have had a couple cases when a player decides to not continue the game for whatever reason - stalemate, vacation, bored, etc, etc. It would be nice to allow him to leave peacefully and let the remaining players enjoy the rest of the game. Otherwise, the player's decision to quit would cost the rest of the players 3 full days until the system automatically kicks him/her out.

No.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Re: 'I SURRENDER' BUTTON

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:59 pm

prag, this has been suggested and rejected an equally high number of times. It just isn't going to happen. Merged.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Re: Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah, they tried it at the debut of the site and it was rejected one month later:

lackattack wrote:2. No more surrender button.
It was causing problems with people pushing it too early in the game or to stop players from getting cards.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

surrender-button

Postby Genoke on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:22 am

Hello all!

is it possible to create a 'i'll surrender' button?

when you know the game has played, with this button the game could be finished faster instead of taking turns while you know it's useless.
Especially for speedgames this would become handy. So you don't have to wait until the opponent really eliminate you. With pushing the 'surrender' button you can start another speedgame right away, without keeping waiting for your useless turns.
Same for the one who is winning. game would be finished faster...

What do you think about this idea?
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Re: surrender-button

Postby 40kguy on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 am

Genoke wrote:Hello all!

is it possible to create a 'i'll surrender' button?

when you know the game has played, with this button the game could be finished faster instead of taking turns while you know it's useless.
Especially for speedgames this would become handy. So you don't have to wait until the opponent really eliminate you. With pushing the 'surrender' button you can start another speedgame right away, without keeping waiting for your useless turns.
Same for the one who is winning. game would be finished faster...

What do you think about this idea?

this has been rejected many times because some people would just point dump with it.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby Finsfleet on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:22 pm

How about surrender-button that activates in the round 20?
Major Finsfleet

Postby anonymus on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Finsfleet wrote:How about surrender-button that activates in the round 20?

how about a surrender-button that if you use it everything on CC translates into french for a week?
/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby 24Keyser on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:09 pm

anonymus wrote:
Finsfleet wrote:How about surrender-button that activates in the round 20?

how about a surrender-button that if you use it everything on CC translates into french for a week?
/ :?:

xD
Cook 24Keyser

Postby ender516 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:25 pm

As mentioned above, this has been suggested and rejected many times. I will be merging it into the appropriate topic in the Archived Rejected Suggestions forum.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Speed games

Postby babagonosh on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:10 am

I play a lot of 1-1 speed games right now......

And i waste a lot of time when i have control of the board and am certain to win......and then my opponent just stops taking his turn.....i have to wait for 15 minutes if it is a big map....because he has to be absent for 3 rounds before he is kicked out and it takes me longer to clear the board.

It is also a bit annoying for me to have to come back to a game that i know is lost when i have 2-3-4 speed games going.

It would be nice if there was a surrender button that you could click and end the game with your defeat. Especially for speed games.

It would have to be confirmed two times, so that after you click it first time there would be a pop-up asking "Do you want to surrender?" and after clicking a second time there would come a second pop-up window asking "Are you sure you want to surrender?"

3 clicks should ensure that no one complains they hit the button by mistake.

It could also be used in team games as long as all the remaining players on a team follow the same 3 clicks each......if one fails to do it then the whole team has to continue.

You can capitulate in chess and back-gammon....so why not here?

Why should we have to wait for people that just leave a game??????????????
"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

I think we all need to think about what small or big injustices we allow/accept everyday and maybe try and change what is happening around us.
Captain babagonosh

Re: Speed games

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:45 am

no,
just no
this suggestion comes up every other month. its simple and its easy, but its also proven to be a hotbear for abuse. sorry but this will not be implemented again...
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Re: Speed games

Postby 40kguy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:49 am

I know what your trying to say. Its a pain in the ass. what if they have like under a certain number of regions? so if you have under 5 regions you can surrender.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Surrender Button

Postby Dysthymia on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:22 am

Concise description:
  • Games can go on long after a person has obviously lost
  • Games can go on after a person has lost interest

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It saves time for everyone involved
  • Less people will deadbeat with this option
  • No need to suicide your troops to hope for an early death when the game has obviously already been decided
Sergeant Dysthymia

Re: Surrender Button

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:21 am

no
use search.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Re: Surrender Button

Postby blakebowling on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:28 am

Rejected. Again, and again, and again.
Private blakebowling

PreviousNext