Conquer Club

[GP] [Rules] Eliminate Deferred Troops

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Eliminate deferred troops on first turn only

Postby Woodruff on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:07 pm

HaireWolf1 wrote:Woodruff this thread does deal with deferred troops therefore I don't think I "necro-bumped" as you call it. If I did necro-bump I wasn't aware of it and would not have intentionally hijacked a thread.

This thread does not deal with eliminating deferred troops entirely, which is what you're proposing. Aside from that, necro-bumping refers to the time involved since the last post in the thread. Within this forum, necro-bumping is fine as long as the post remains on topic. Which was my point.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:54 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:
HaireWolf1 wrote:Deferred troops should be eliminated altogether.

Agreed! This thread should be changed to eliminate deferred troops, not "on first turn only."

Yes, we all miss turns, sometimes even players who have set up substitutes, return to find their fill-in missed the turn, too. But of any game I've ever played, CC is the only game that tries to make it up to the player who missed. Even games that design a 'skip' option into them, have a penalty for skipping a turn.... but not CC. Saying, "but they miss a chance to take spoils," is not the same as a penalty for skipping the turn, because spoils are not guaranteed when the turn is taken appropriately, and not every player would even try for a spoils.

In CC, Deadbeating is not allowed, but that's missing 3 turns in a row...still, the implication is, "you should take your turns."

By giving players who miss their turns deferred troops, the game rewards missing turns.

So let's be like all the other websites? Let's conform! Maybe we should add a resign button too because all the other websites offer it too... [/sarcasm]

i agree, let's be more like those other sites that struggle to attract players, let alone keep them

but why stop there, we should punish the casual gamer as harshly as possible to ensure they never return

how about if anyone misses a turn they are automatically booted from every game they are in
a cell in Supermax: Prison Riot! is named after them
when the jail is full, a game starts
the winner is granted a pardon & allowed to return to CC
all the losers lost their deathrow appeal and are executed
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Teflon Kris on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:45 am

Deferred troops should be eliminated in freestyle, although this is part of a bigger problem.

If you are going second in freestyle, you can deliberately miss.

Then you are going first, with a bunch of deferred troops at the end of your turn!

Nasty trick.

Even nastier if played on City Mogul with freestyle settings.

Some 'sucker' joins thinking he can go first on a map where it makes a big difference. Oh no he's not because you just miss the manual deploy of 0 troops and end up going first yourself.

The only good thing about this loophole is that not too many sneaky players seem to use it.
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:36 am

DJ Teflon wrote:Deferred troops should be eliminated in freestyle, although this is part of a bigger problem.

Then you are going first, with a bunch of deferred troops at the end of your turn!

Nasty trick.

Some 'sucker' joins thinking he can go first on a map where it makes a big difference. Oh no he's not because you just miss the manual deploy of 0 troops and end up going first yourself.

The only good thing about this loophole is that not too many sneaky players seem to use it.

That's because the Multi Hunters have deemed this "sneaky trick" against the rules.

viewtopic.php?f=239&t=97871&hilit=b00060+warned
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby greenoaks on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:00 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:Deferred troops should be eliminated in freestyle, although this is part of a bigger problem.

Nasty trick.

That's because the Multi Hunters have deemed this "sneaky trick" against the rules.

viewtopic.php?f=239&t=97871&hilit=b00060+warned

i haven't played that map yet

i have noticed Blitzaholic creates dozens of games

but i guess when you're the Conquerer all 20,000 of us look like farmhands
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Woodruff on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 am

DJ Teflon wrote:Some 'sucker' joins thinking he can go first on a map where it makes a big difference. Oh no he's not because you just miss the manual deploy of 0 troops and end up going first yourself.

I was under the impression that if you miss the manual deployment phase, those troops are lost permanently...that's not the case?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:10 pm

So, this is now a GD thread about everyone's different thoughts on deferred troops? I should have known better to start a suggestion with "deferred troops" in the title. To be fair, at the time I was under the impression that this forum mattered.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Woodruff wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:Some 'sucker' joins thinking he can go first on a map where it makes a big difference. Oh no he's not because you just miss the manual deploy of 0 troops and end up going first yourself.

I was under the impression that if you miss the manual deployment phase, those troops are lost permanently...that's not the case?

City Mogul has no troops to deploy from my knowledge. It's classified as a "Starting Position" map in the XML, so the troops you are going to deploy are already there, so in the first round, when you press Begin Turn, it asks you to end your turn due to no troops being able to be deployed.

A few maps run like this, such as Lunar War
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Woodruff on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:08 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

City Mogul has no troops to deploy from my knowledge. It's classified as a "Starting Position" map in the XML, so the troops you are going to deploy are already there, so in the first round, when you press Begin Turn, it asks you to end your turn due to no troops being able to be deployed.

Ah, gotcha...I hadn't thought of that. So then my impression is correct for the most part?

no reffered troops

Postby BoyWonder on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:50 pm

sorry to say but I reakon reffered troops is a stupied idea I mean when deadbeats miss turns do you think they should still get troops from turns they coundnt be bothered to play. :shock:

also it can work out as advantages in classic games making themselfs look weak then smashing everything in one round its disgusting :sick: :sick:

it is encouraging people to miss turns :cry:

so others have to wait ages :(

but if it was done earlyer :o :o it shall be a lot better for people with high attendance who dont need sneaky tactics to win =D>

boywonder :D
Cadet BoyWonder

Re: no reffered troops

Postby sensfan on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:05 pm

ok firstly, smilies are kreeping me out. this has been suggested before, but i dont know why i hasnt been eliminated.

but whats your alternative BoyWonder?

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby MNDuke on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Two questions:

1. Who is referring the troops?

2. Where or what are they being referred to or for?
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby Royal Panda on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:08 pm

MNDuke wrote:Two questions:

1. Who is referring the troops?

2. Where or what are they being referred to or for?

I wish to refer this to an independent adjudicator!
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:36 pm

This has been suggested before, please do a little research before you post a suggestion.

Previously on CC....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=122134&hilit=deferred+troops

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby greenoaks on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 pm

BoyWonder wrote:sorry to say but I reakon reffered troops is a stupied idea I mean when deadbeats miss turns do you think they should still get troops from turns they coundnt be bothered to play. :shock:

deadbeats do not miss turns & they don't get any troops because they have already been booted from the game

however i do think it would be fun to get reefered troops
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:41 pm

greenoaks wrote:
BoyWonder wrote:sorry to say but I reakon reffered troops is a stupied idea I mean when deadbeats miss turns do you think they should still get troops from turns they coundnt be bothered to play. :shock:

deadbeats do not miss turns & they don't get any troops because they have already been booted from the game

however i do think it would be fun to get reefered troops

Sometimes, I suspect my dice are reefered.

missing turns

Postby chevy1269 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:48 pm

i have noticed in a lot of games i have been playing that opponents are missing alot of turns just to gain massive armies to win game this needs to be changed there should be a limit to armies that you get after missing a turn or 2

thanks chevy1269
Sergeant chevy1269

Re: missing turns

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:14 pm

chevy1269 wrote:i have noticed in a lot of games i have been playing that opponents are missing alot of turns just to gain massive armies to win game this needs to be changed there should be a limit to armies that you get after missing a turn or 2

thanks chevy1269

They don't get any more armies than they would have if they played their turns. You only get deferred what you missed. So if you were supposed to get 3 troops in Round X but missed, the next turn you'd have 3 troops to deploy after you finished attacking. They don't gain anything from missing turns.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby chevy1269 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:09 pm

so what im saying is this if you miss a turn and you were getting 8 armies and then miss anthor turn and get 8 thats 16 = the 8 thats 24 armies going down at onne time and i see it alot. and you cant fight that many they also turned in sets too when they come back from there 2 turn vacation from the game.
Sergeant chevy1269

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:03 pm

chevy1269 wrote:so what im saying is this if you miss a turn and you were getting 8 armies and then miss anthor turn and get 8 thats 16 = the 8 thats 24 armies going down at onne time and i see it alot. and you cant fight that many they also turned in sets too when they come back from there 2 turn vacation from the game.

that is not what he is saying

he said you get the 16 after you have taken your turn

as for the cards if they come back and cash then they could have cashed earlier. you have the advantage by getting 2 extra turns to prepare for them
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:17 pm

greenoaks wrote:
chevy1269 wrote:so what im saying is this if you miss a turn and you were getting 8 armies and then miss anthor turn and get 8 thats 16 = the 8 thats 24 armies going down at onne time and i see it alot. and you cant fight that many they also turned in sets too when they come back from there 2 turn vacation from the game.

that is not what he is saying

he said you get the 16 after you have taken your turn

as for the cards if they come back and cash then they could have cashed earlier. you have the advantage by getting 2 extra turns to prepare for them

Exactly. They easily could have done this IF they played their turn. Just deployed their "8" all 3 turns. Viola! 24 troops.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:04 am

greenoaks wrote:as for the cards if they come back and cash then they could have cashed earlier. you have the advantage by getting 2 extra turns to prepare for them

You forgot to mention that if they have a set after missing two turns they would not have received any cards for their missed turns, which is a disadvantage also.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:00 am

Seems like lots of players are concerned about the missed turn benefit. Perhaps someone in Canada could take note.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:01 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:Seems like lots of players are concerned about the missed turn benefit. Perhaps someone in Canada could take note.

Also seems like more players explaining how it is not a benefit.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:32 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:Seems like lots of players are concerned about the missed turn benefit. Perhaps someone in Canada could take note.

Other than the fact that it's not a benefit, you mean?

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions