You Can Contribute to the Tournament Handbook

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderators: Tournament Directors, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

You Can Contribute to the Tournament Handbook

Postby Night Strike on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Updating the Tournament Handbook

The Tournament Handbook is the go-to guide for all things related to CC Tournaments. It is a vital source for players, organizers, and directors as it contains our policies, procedures, and helpful guides. The handbook has had two editions, but it's beyond time for a third edition. We've had some huge changes this year in adding the Tournament Database and the update of the Abandoned/Rescued Tournaments. We Directors have been able to make some tweaks to the Handbook, but we have not had the time to do a full compilation and rewrite of sections that are needing attention.

We Directors are looking for a few community members to help us compile the next edition of the Tournament Handbook. Not only should it allow the rewrite to occur faster, but we also hope some fresh eyes will provide clarity to some sections and think of some things that we Directors have missed, especially in the Tools and Tips section. This project is not a chance to make new policies; it's meant to be a compilation project.

We are looking for anyone who is active in the tournament forums as a player, an organizer, or both to aid in this project. If you would like to help out, please post in this thread your desire as well as a statement about why you feel that you will be beneficial to this project. PM applications will not be accepted.

If you're still not sure you want to help out, anyone who makes a significant contribution to the rewrite will receive a General Contribution Medal. Thanks in advance to everyone who chooses to help out.

~Night Strike
Tournament Commissioner
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: You Can Contribute to the Tournament Handbook

Postby JoshyBoy on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:46 pm

Great opportunity for everyone, even I might have a go. Maybe add a link to the current handbook?
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

Postby psychobkrazy on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:12 pm

I would love to help out.
PM me with "Tournament Invite List" in the Subject to get on my Invite List.
Highest Rank: 3070 Image Brigadier - #70 (page 1) - 61% Won - 01/02/2011
The Sigatar Lounge
Major psychobkrazy

Medals: 109
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby jricart on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Im interested to help out on this project!

JRT
WINNER of the 7,000,000 game!!! - 69 Tournament Wins!
Captain jricart

Location: Behind you, laying my corrupting hands upon your shoulders. Soon, you shall be an extension of me.
Medals: 142
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (9)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (8)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:13 pm

I would love to help! I am fairly active in the tournament forum, I've played or am playing about 6 tourneys and have organized 3 tournaments as well (1 complete, 2 in progress). I'm also pretty good at spotting things and clarifying well, I've had practice in the Foundry :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby InnyaFacce on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:15 pm

I would be interested in helping with the New Tournament Handbook

I feel that with hosting Past & Current Tournaments
I would have some valuable input that could be beneficial to the Handbook

Hope I can be of service in some form

InnyaFacce
Last edited by InnyaFacce on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major InnyaFacce
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 92
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (9)
Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (12)

Postby ChewyBlu3y on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:49 pm

I would very much like to help out, this seems like a great opportunity for TO's and Players to "write the handbook" in a way that would seem user friendly to those who are new TO's as well as new players. I look forward to the new edit (: . Let me know if I can help.
Sergeant ChewyBlu3y

Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 pm

nobody asked for you resume' victor, haha. he simply asked if you could help lol not what tournaments you are running or have done...
Cook ad10r3tr0

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby Night Strike on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:15 pm

ad10r3tr0 wrote:nobody asked for you resume' victor, haha. he simply asked if you could help lol not what tournaments you are running or have done...

Yes I did.......

If you would like to help out, please post in this thread your desire as well as a statement about why you feel that you will be beneficial to this project.

:lol: :lol:
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:08 am

i can help out

i am not great at writing things but i am exceptional at proof reading other's drafts
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Lindax on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:54 pm

greenoaks wrote:i can help out

i am not great at writing things but i am exceptional at proof reading other's drafts

Haha, exceptional could be positive or negative! I guess that proves your first point.... ;)

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 124
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (8)

Postby Leehar on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:21 pm

I'd like to volunteer with assisting in this project.
I've always consider myself a fairly active tournaments player, as a high percentage of my games are always part of Tournaments - In fact only 3 of my 45 games currently are not (and my normal game count used to be double it - so while I may not have yet organized any tourneys, I feel I'm very familiar with the Tournaments arena.
Additionally, I have oft been led to believe that I can occasionally provide a different perspective (though perhaps mistakenly) while even being able to identify simple things like spelling and grammatical errors at an irritating level.
show
Brigadier Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (8)

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:23 pm

I am interested in contributing; I've organized only 3 tournaments since joining CC (although one was fairly large with 120 players, and I have three active ones), but they all have near-perfect grammar and spelling, and the rules are all generally well-organized. As a result, I would be more than happy to assist in the "boring" stuff (checking grammar, spelling, things like that).
Thanks,
James
Last edited by WorldCup4James on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
FOUR openings in A Chance to Write History: WWIII. All premium players accepted; help me fill these vacancies! :)
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (15) General Contribution (5)

Postby dowian2 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:57 pm

I'd be willing to help out.

Qualifications:
Many tourneys played, 35 tourneys won.
13 tourneys completed, 5 active, 5 rescued.
Major dowian2

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (10)
Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:50 am

I have added some people for now and will consider adding more later if necessary. If you're still interested in joining, please go ahead and post as I have a reserve list if more members are needed for any reason.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Next

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion