Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Let newbies protect temselves from farming with Rank Fil

Postby Qwert on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 pm

by JoshyBoy on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:22 pm

I apologise for the double post, but wouldn't a better suggestion be something like "New recruits can only play a maximum rank of Private 1st Class for the first 5/10 games" for example? You would make this automatic, don't ask me how , and then once they have finished 10/20 games, they can play up to a Sergeant 1st Class until they have completed 15/20 games. Then once they have played that amount of games they "unlock" the officer ranks. lol I sound like Queen_Herpes.

That sort of idea would be more feasible surely?

*edit* fastposted by Daggerheart, thanks. *edit*

I think that you are close to solution,Instead to rank segregacion, why dont create rank limitation for new NR, you all ready have rank restriction for first 5 games,right, So why dont create rank limitation for first 10 finished games,so that NR can play with maximum Lieutenant, and when these 10 game finished,then NR can play with all ranks, in these way we will avoid farming from high ranked players, and NR can get in these first 10 games,introducing with low and moderate ranks, and they can learn first steps of playing Risk in CC,instead to be invite and kick from High ranked players, who to be honest,dont want to show nothing to NR,and only want to take hes points easy. I think that in these way you will get impact into Scoreboard,and that number of active players will grow(or maybe lack are satisfy with 20000 active players?)
What you think of these?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby donkeymile on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:26 pm

It's a nice compromise.

The fact they are dragging their feet in resisting this is dissapointing.
Captain donkeymile

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:33 am

well i can open new sugestion topic with these idea,because these is not rank segregacion,its rank limitation for new recruits, if mods agree.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby hmsps on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:17 am

Whats the point of having a suggestions scheme if the hierarchy just say no. Classic democracy and thats why people get peed off with farming both setting up and joining lower ranks. I think the owner/leader is very autocratic in this respect.
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:23 am

qwert wrote:well i can open new sugestion topic with these idea,because these is not rank segregacion,its rank limitation for new recruits, if mods agree.

Queen_Herpes has pretty much covered this idea I believe.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:51 pm

can you give me link to these-you can lost in sea of sugestions,
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Adding a "Minimun number of points required" option.

Postby JelleR on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:10 am

I'm not a snob and I do enjoy playing games with lower ranks for sure, but sometimes I just want to match my wits with players of equal or greater skill. Now, I do have the option of seeking out a game with a password in callouts and try to get a game going that way. Its still a hassle to get the pw though and I feel that people are not using the callouts section enough.

I think a very good option would be adding the following option when creating a game:

Minimun number of points required.

You could for example put it at 1600 and everyone that matches that score would be able to join automatically. There is no need to ask for passwords or first look at the callouts section to see if there any games macthing your needs. You can do this now through the game finder option and see which games require 1600 points or more. To clarify, you should be able to change the number of points required at your convenience.

I think this benefits the community in multiple ways:

1) You can more easily play with the opponents you would like to play with, no need to send out invites or put up a post in callouts.

2) You can see more easily which games fit your criteria.

3) As a result, more games are being played.

Thoughts?
Captain JelleR

Re: Adding a "Minimun number of points required" option.

Postby Arama86n on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:23 am

Thoughts;
Sorry to be "that guy", but I regret to inform you that similar things have been suggested countless times and ignored/rejected. We that occasionally want to be "snobs" as you so delicately put it have the option to use password protected games and post them in callouts, various user groups, or simply invite friends.

I'd say the smoothest option is finding a user-group that is dedicated to the type of games you like to play, seeking admittance and posting games there (such groups usually have a standard password for convenience, as does the point-restricted threads in call outs.)

If as you say you only do this some of the time, and otherwise play public games it shouldn't be such a huge hassle aye?
I don't know what type of games you play (can't be bothered looking lol) but personally I find that these days my many public games usually attract respectable ranks. When a cook joined a 1v1 I threw up a few days ago I almost fell off my chair, can't remember last it happened :P
Major Arama86n

Postby JelleR on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:37 am

I'm aware of the other options to get similar ranks in your games.

However, whenever I want to play a quick speed game on a simple map I'm simply flooded by lower ranks that are just clicking buttons. Thats not my type of fun.

I think my option "cuts out"time and saves players some hassle. You can easily find the type of game you look for by using the gamefinder and you dont have to look through dozens callout posts only to see its not your type of game or that it is already filled.

Can you link me to similar suggestions? I looked for them but couldnt find them.

In any case, thnx for your reply.
Captain JelleR

Postby Arama86n on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:49 am

I have no objection to your suggestion, I see no great reasons why something along those lines can't be implemented, was just trying to inform you, in case you weren't aware, that it's been suggested before and will most likely be ignored/rejected so don't get your hopes up.

And sorry, I'm not interested in digging in the archives for someone else no ;) If your lucky someone else more adapt at working the search function will stop by and help you with that.

/regards
Major Arama86n

Postby JelleR on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:00 am

Hey fair enough. I'm digging myself, too.

//Jelle
Captain JelleR

Postby Darwins_Bane on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:03 am

There are a couple of them that I can see at a glance in the rejected section. The main reason this gets rejected is because it isn't fair to segregate ranks. If you are truly of the rank that you have, then you should have no problem keeping it no matter the opponents. That being said, I know where you're coming from, but until a decision is made by the admins to change the rank segregation rules, it just won't go through.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby hmsps on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:28 am

Well since it keeps coming up should admin not look at changing things, as i have said on several occassions this could work in another way. Say for example a lower ranked player wants to gain experience by playing someone around his skill level, then he could set an upper limit. This would benefit them and when they get their skills up they could up their own individual limit. It does make me wonder why the powers that be are so against this? It is just an option people do not have to use it!!
Major hmsps

Postby greenoaks on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:39 am

but they will use it

as soon as they have a score they think is worth protecting they will segregate themselves from those beneath them

this shouuld not be implemented, ever
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby hmsps on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:32 am

greenoaks wrote:but they will use it

as soon as they have a score they think is worth protecting they will segregate themselves from those beneath them

So you are saying that some higher ranked players on here 'never' play lower ranked players for points. Just do a games search. If u can set up a game with some options why not be allowed to set up a game with further options. Its called blue sky thinking!!
Major hmsps

Postby JelleR on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:56 pm

greenoaks wrote:but they will use it

Even if this would happen, the worst players of a certain group (say, 1600+) would have to drop down because they cant maintain their score. It should be obvious why.

Anyway, I think you are stretching. This wont happen, people will still play with lower ranks even when they have a certain score. Having the option to easily start a game with certain ranks w/o having to bother w/ setting up a passworded game and looking over the process of getting people in is not detrimental to the games. To the contrary imo, I think you will see a riuse in the number of games because of this ease.

Why I want these games? Sometimes I want to play with people that behave a bit more rational. AFAIK, I'm not the only one. Therefor I think it should at least be considered.

Lastly: I must be blind but I cant find the rejected suggestions in the archive?
Captain JelleR

Postby JelleR on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Darwins_Bane wrote:There are a couple of them that I can see at a glance in the rejected section. The main reason this gets rejected is because it isn't fair to segregate ranks. If you are truly of the rank that you have, then you should have no problem keeping it no matter the opponents. That being said, I know where you're coming from, but until a decision is made by the admins to change the rank segregation rules, it just won't go through.

I also want to react on this.

Rank segregation is already a fact. See the callouts section, glance through the games that most majors and up play. This option is about setting those type of games easier and for a wider audience.
Captain JelleR

Postby 40kguy on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:08 pm

this is an awful idea. cooks wouldn't be able to play in any games.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby Fattyschippy on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:36 pm

40kguy wrote:this is an awful idea. cooks wouldn't be able to play in any games.

Agreed...to play like a pro, learn with the pros.
And think of the feeling of rejection every time I saw a point restricted game :cry:
Captain Fattyschippy

Postby JelleR on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:42 pm

40kguy wrote:this is an awful idea. cooks wouldn't be able to play in any games.

Ehh, other cooks?

Why do you all seem to think that everybody would activate the option to play with similar or higher ranked players all the time?

I know I wouldnt.
Captain JelleR

Postby greenoaks on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:18 pm

we already have a system that allows you to restrict who enters your game, we don't need another.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby stahrgazer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:17 pm

JelleR wrote:I'm not a snob and I do enjoy playing games with lower ranks for sure, but sometimes I just want to match my wits with players of equal or greater skill. Now, I do have the option of seeking out a game with a password in callouts and try to get a game going that way. Its still a hassle to get the pw though and I feel that people are not using the callouts section enough.

I think a very good option would be adding the following option when creating a game:

Minimun number of points required.

You could for example put it at 1600 and everyone that matches that score would be able to join automatically. There is no need to ask for passwords or first look at the callouts section to see if there any games macthing your needs. You can do this now through the game finder option and see which games require 1600 points or more. To clarify, you should be able to change the number of points required at your convenience.

I think this benefits the community in multiple ways:

1) You can more easily play with the opponents you would like to play with, no need to send out invites or put up a post in callouts.

2) You can see more easily which games fit your criteria.

3) As a result, more games are being played.

Thoughts?

I like it. Even if you consider that callouts is available, not everyone will be on at the same time, which can make connecting with a specific rank a bit difficult.

This would also save on the mass "x rank and up" pms ppl send to everyone they know with games.

Finally, those folks who like a specific setting but are getting nastied at by CC because too many lower ranks are joining, would have a way to prevent that, so that they can play the game settings they, too, enjoy. (and then if they refuse to use that rank specifier, it would be easier to spot those who ARE doing it to farm or near-farm).
Sergeant stahrgazer

Maximum and/or Minimum Rank on Create and Find

Postby MrPipes on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Concise description:
  • Feature 1 - Allow games to be created with a Maximum and/or Minimum Rank.
  • Feature 2 - Enhance the Find Games View to allow finding games with the Feature 1 described Maximum and/or Minimum Rank setting.

Specifics/Details:
  • Feature 1 would simply be two optional fields that allowed a game to be created that could set a Maximum allowed Rank and or a Minimum allowed range to join the game. This would allow newer users to create game that would be targeted for other newer members. For the Higher ranking folks, this would allow folks to optionally limit lower ranking folks from joininga game so they could avoid having games skewed by ignorance of the rules and poor tacktics
  • Feature 2 would allow someone on the Find Games View to quickly locate games where their desired ability is welcome. If folk are new, they would easily be able to find a game were there weren't Generals and Field Marshalls. Additionally, Higher ranking folks could easily find a game with other higher ranking folks and enjoy a highly challenging game.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • The benefit is a method to help connect folks of like rank without making it manditory. There are other benefits too. Currently there is an allowed form of Farming that is actively being used. Some higher ranking members create dozens of team games, traps essentially, with very experienced members waiting for new folks to join. While "legal" on this site, the game is so stacked that the game is usually over in 2 or 3 rounds at best. The effect of this type of strategy is clear. This allows experience folks to quickly move up in rank. However, the downside is new folks feel discouraged and do not stay. By enabling folks to select the level of players they want to play against, they can choose when to take on the more challenging and higher ranking members. Additionally, the higher ranking folks can eliminate having to play with folks who really do not understand the game. By leaving this to be optional, folks can still play with any level of players if they choose and so they can still invite friends and have game with a wide range of Ranks.

Regards,

MrPipes
Sergeant 1st Class MrPipes

Re: Maximum and/or Minimum Rank on Create and Find

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:19 pm

MrPipes wrote:Concise description:
  • Feature 1 - Allow games to be created with a Maximum and/or Minimum Rank.
  • Feature 2 - Enhance the Find Games View to allow finding games with the Feature 1 described Maximum and/or Minimum Rank setting.

Specifics/Details:
  • Feature 1 would simply be two optional fields that allowed a game to be created that could set a Maximum allowed Rank and or a Minimum allowed range to join the game. This would allow newer users to create game that would be targeted for other newer members. For the Higher ranking folks, this would allow folks to optionally limit lower ranking folks from joininga game so they could avoid having games skewed by ignorance of the rules and poor tacktics
  • Feature 2 would allow someone on the Find Games View to quickly locate games where their desired ability is welcome. If folk are new, they would easily be able to find a game were there weren't Generals and Field Marshalls. Additionally, Higher ranking folks could easily find a game with other higher ranking folks and enjoy a highly challenging game.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • The benefit is a method to help connect folks of like rank without making it manditory. There are other benefits too. Currently there is an allowed form of Farming that is actively being used. Some higher ranking members create dozens of team games, traps essentially, with very experienced members waiting for new folks to join. While "legal" on this site, the game is so stacked that the game is usually over in 2 or 3 rounds at best. The effect of this type of strategy is clear. This allows experience folks to quickly move up in rank. However, the downside is new folks feel discouraged and do not stay. By enabling folks to select the level of players they want to play against, they can choose when to take on the more challenging and higher ranking members. Additionally, the higher ranking folks can eliminate having to play with folks who really do not understand the game. By leaving this to be optional, folks can still play with any level of players if they choose and so they can still invite friends and have game with a wide range of Ranks.
Regards,
MrPipes

I wholeheartedly support this suggestion, as all arguments against it other than "the site just won't do it" simply do not hold water. However, it has been suggested many times and sadly, been rejected too many times.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Re: Maximum and/or Minimum Rank on Create and Find

Postby DarthFrog on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Sounds good to me. As I've moved up in ranks, it's hard to find games with higher rank players that are not playing in Quads or Trips. I would use this feature for sure.
Sergeant DarthFrog

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions