Moderator: Tournament Directors

TO; CTF War of the Triple Alliance [Winner: Tripitaka]

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 am

TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance Edition
Hosted by anamainiacks
Brought to you by The Tournament Organizer Usergroup

~~You may only join one Capture the Flag Tournament~~

Capture the Flag Details:
Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance Edition is part of a Super Tournament. Please refer to Center of Operations to remain updated on the progress of the Super Tournament. The winner of this tournament will go to Elite Capture the Flag, and will face winners of the other tournament.

War of the Triple Alliance Edition Details:
    Number of Players: 24 (288 total for tournament, unless we add more)
    Game Load: One game at a time
    Requirements: This must be the only Capture the Flag tournament you have joined
    Settings: Automatic, Sequential, No Spoils, Chained, No Fog

To join a Capture the Flag tournament simply post in the tournament, which you wish to join. Please specify which side you like to join. You my only join one Capture the Flag tournament, so chose wisely.

Game Play:
The tournament will be split into two opposing sides, with twelve players each. Side A, the Paraguay, will have South America as their home map. Side B, the Triple Alliance, will have Brazil as their home map. Triple Alliance will be the neutral map.
    Goal:
    Your goal is to try to stop your opponent from capturing your teamā€™s flag, while trying to capture your opponentā€™s flag.
    Capturing Your Opponentā€™s Flag:
    A player from the Paraguay side and the Triple Alliance side will be matched up 1v1 on Triple Alliance, so there will be twelve match ups. The winner of the game advances to opponentā€™s home map, while the loser backs up to face the opponent. If the attacker wins he captures the flag and gets 1 point for his/her team. If the defender wins, the defender tags the attacker and the attacker is sent to jail. However, the attacker is released for the next round and the defender only gains a stop by tagging the opponent. In the next round, the opposing sides will switch opponents so each player gets a new opponent. The game play will be the same. This will continue until twelve rounds have been completed. The side with the most points wins.
    Capturing Your Flag:
    The winning side will battle each other to capture their flag; all games will be played on home map. The flag has been placed on a 1200 feet height hill. You must be the first on top of the hill to capture the flag. You will be randomly matched up against a player in a 1v1 game. For each win you climb 100 feet. The first player to climb 1200 feet captures the flag and wins.
    Tie Breaker:
    In case of a tie between teams when Capturing Your Opponentā€™s Flag, the three players with the most wins on each team will face off separately against one opponent. The team that wins at least two games wins.
    In case of a tie between players when Capturing Your Flag, a tie breaker game will be played between the tied players. For ties between more then 2 players, the game will be escalating to avoid a build games.
Top Flag Raiser [GA Medal]:
The player to capture the most flags in the 'Capturing Your Opponentā€™s Flag' round will win a GA medal as the 'Top Flag Raiser'. All players can win this medal, both players on the winning and losing side. Ties will be broken by a tie breaker game.

Elite Capture the Flag:
Elite will follow the same format, only smaller. Maps would be brought with each player.
Last edited by anamainiacks on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:50 am, edited 29 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Tournament Updates

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:23 am

Overall Score
[Height] Players
[1200] Tripitaka - Captured the Flag!
[1100]
[1000]
[900] godnushi | gogglez | whakamole
[800]
[700] danalan | stofer71 | ubcman64
[600]
[500] MrGlassB
[400] jpdiggins | rebreath
[300] Remo Williams
[200] Darwins_Bane
[100]
[0]

show: Completed Rounds

show: Upcoming Rounds

Phase 1
show: Overall Score

show: Round 1 - Paraguay .4. vs Triple Alliance .4.

show: Round 2 - Paraguay .5. vs Triple Alliance .4.

show: Round 3 - Paraguay .5. vs Triple Alliance .5.

show: Round 4 - Paraguay .6. vs Triple Alliance .1.

show: Round 5 - Paraguay .3. vs Triple Alliance .2.

show: Round 6 - Paraguay .2. vs Triple Alliance .6.

show: Round 7 - Paraguay .4. vs Triple Alliance .3.

show: Round 8 - Paraguay .1. vs Triple Alliance .2.

show: Round 9 - Paraguay .4. vs Triple Alliance .3.

show: Round 10 - Paraguay .3. vs Triple Alliance .3.

show: Round 11 - Paraguay .0. vs Triple Alliance .4.

show: Round 12 - Paraguay .4. vs Triple Alliance .2.

show
Last edited by anamainiacks on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:49 am, edited 167 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [18 Nov

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 am

Update

After a short delay, the games are finally up and running! Good luck all!

I anticipate some deadbeats or no shows, so if that's the case, I'll look into getting reserves after that.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Ugly_Moose on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Tripitaka player is a no show.

It's been 4 days.

Maybe you can contact him or get another player.

Thanks
Sergeant 1st Class Ugly_Moose

Location: In the woods, northern towns, middle of the road looking to get hit

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [21 Nov

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:30 am

Update

All except 1 game has started, so I'm looking into getting a reserve for that player.

As for team progress, more of the Paraguayans have made it to opposing ground, but the first flag was captured by the only Triple Ally who made it to Paraguayan land, BunnRee.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Tripitaka on Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Ugly_Moose wrote:Tripitaka player is a no show.

It's been 4 days.

Maybe you can contact him or get another player.

Thanks

I was not a no show actually. The only invite I received was sent on the 18th November at 1.09am and I joined the game in question some 10 hours later, well within the 48 hours given. So if you were kept waiting that long then the fault is with the TO not myself.

Tripitaka wins Game 7990527
The nature of Image was irrepressible!
Major Tripitaka

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [26 Nov

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:24 am

Hey guys, I'll be extremely busy these next 4 days. I'll be spending the whole day out and I when I get back home I'll barely have enough time to do the basic stuff in life before I get to sleep, so I hope you all understand I won't be able to update my tournaments so often during the time, sorry!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [9 Dec '

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:52 am

Update

Round 1 still has 1 game going on, but since both the players are premium players, I decided to speed up the tourney a bit and start Round 2 of the games.

The Triple Alliance team currently leads 4 to 3, but the Paraguay team has a chance to even it up in Round 1, as danalan has a chance to even it up in the last game. It's still a very close competition between both sides!

I've also changed the look of the second post so that it's not so cluttered (: Hope it's more readable now.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby C_Dezi on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:03 pm

i think i might have a deadbeat over here
Cadet C_Dezi

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:20 pm

C_Dezi wrote:i think i might have a deadbeat over here

Mmm... I'll replace him if he really deadbeats out. He doesn't log in very often I think. He was slow in joining his previous games too. We've got reserves lined up just in case. Thanks for letting me know (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [13 Dec

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 am

Update

Triple Alliance starts off Round 2 with an early lead, leading 3-1, while Remo_Williams scores the first point for Paraguay in Round 2, and is the first person in the tournament to move his total number of captures to 2!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [18 Dec

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:16 am

Update

Round 2 draws closer to a close, as only 2 battles still remain, one for each side.

Since the last update, the score has been evened up to 4-4, with Paraguay cranking up their gears, while the only new score for Triple Alliance was made by danfrank, the second person in the tournament to increase his captures to a total of 2. Remember the top flag raiser will earn a Game Achievement Medal!

Also, on an interesting note, both Round 1 and 2 saw a completely equal distribution of players winning the neutral map, 6 from both sides! It remains to be seen if the scoreline will be the same as well...
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [26 Dec

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:10 am

Update

Round 2 is done, with Paraguay coming just ahead of Triple Alliance by 1 flag capture! Still 10 more rounds to turn the tides!

Round 3 neutral games have been created, but I'll only send out the invites on 2nd January. All you players, do enjoy the New Year! :D
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [5 Jan '

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:52 am

Update

Round 3's first point was scored for team Triple Alliance by rmjw10, who earned himself his first flag capture! Triple Alliance starts off strong once again, with 3 others on the team winning their neutral map and pushing the boundaries.

In the meantime, the Triple Alliance team will be having 2 replacements for kawe85 and dolphin72, who have both failed to join their games despite reminders. Reserves will be contacted to join new games shortly.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [5 Jan '

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:37 am

Update

wilkinc scored another point for Triple Alliance team, while Karibdus and Bigus_Dogus sub in for kawe85 and dolphin72 respectively.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [16 Jan

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Update

Round 3 is almost complete with just 1 game left to be completed. sHo0t4u for you has a chance to even up the score for the round for the Triple Alliance team!

Right now, team Paraguay is still inches ahead with a 14-12 score. No player has scored 3 flag captures as of yet, but there are many players tied at a score of 2 flag captures, and lots more with 1 capture right behind them!

Round 4 games have been sent out.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [20 Jan

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:16 am

Update

Round 3 is close to being wrapped up, as sHo0t4u seems to be inching closer to victory, which would score a much needed point for the Triple Alliance team.

Round 4 also started off startlingly, with team Paraguay sweeping all 6 of the currently tallied neutral map battles! The Triple Alliance will need to be fighting really hard if they want to defend those flags of theirs, or if they want a shot at those flags on the other side!

Triple Alliance will also be having their 3rd substitution of the tournament, as Smh has failed to join his game till now.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [23 Jan

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:50 am

Update

Team Paraguay have an outstanding performance this round, as 9 out of the 11 completed battles on the neutral map were won by them, giving them a HUGE advantage in terms of having their chance to capture much more flags than Triple Alliance, pulling far ahead of the close tie they have now. stofer71 and gogglez scored the first points of the round for Paraguay.

Triple Alliance will have to step up their defence to prevent Paraguay from taking too huge a lead over them in this round, while TODRICH and newcomer Karibdus look to score some points for their team as well.

Tripitaka is still awaiting her opponent on the neutral map. Hopefully there will be reinforcements sent to replace Smh soon.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [3 Feb '

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:57 am

Update

Round 5 is progressing smoothly, with Triple Alliance attemping a comeback, taking 6 out of the 9 neutral battles so far. However, the Paraguayans can still equal that with the remaining 3, and of course both sides will have to be able to make that final push to capture the flag! No flag capture game has been completed as of yet.

Round 4's last battle is still ongoing as well, still on the neutral ground of the battle.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [5 Feb '

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:59 am

Update

In a strange turn of events, the Triple Alliance failed to seal the deal after making their way into Paraguayan lands, as the opposing team put up a great fight to prevent them from recovering from the previous round's defeat. However, both teams have so far scored 1 flag capture apiece, by whakamole for Paraguay and Round 3 reserve Karibdus for Triple Alliance.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [24 Feb

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:42 am

Update

We're now wrapping up Round 6 with 3 games remaining, and the Triple Alliance has started to close up the gap between them and the Paraguayans, decreasing the gap from 7 to 4. If they keep up the effort, we'll be in for an exciting toss up till the end!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [1 Mar '

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:13 am

Update

Round 6 draws to a close, and Triple Alliance successfully staged a comeback with a scoreline of 6-2, closing up the gap considerably. They'll be looking to repeat the feat to get themselves ahead of Paraguay, while Paraguay should be trying hard to prevent this from happening again! Good luck in Round 7!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [20 Mar

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Update

Round 7 is officially over, and the Paraguayans maintain their slight lead over the Triple Alliance.

Less than half of the first part of the tournament to go, so fight hard for those flag captures! At this point it's still anyone's game, both for the team effort, as well as for the 'Top Flag Raiser' medal! (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [21 Apr

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:33 am

Update

Whoopsies, haven't been updating here for a while. We're on to Round 10 already, and the Paraguayans have maintained their lead over the Triple Alliance, separated by only 4 flag captures! 3 rounds left to go!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TO; Capture the Flag War of the Triple Alliance [15 May

Postby anamainiacks on Sun May 15, 2011 2:39 am

Update

We're in the midst of Round 11, where the Triple Alliance is set to have 9 flag capture attempts, while Paraguayans only get 2. The last attempt is still up for tosses as C_Dezi has fled the battleground. There are no more reserve troops, so I'm doing what I can to get a replacement.

But in any case, this will give the Triple Alliance a much needed chance to pull ahead of the Paraguayans, if everyone manages to pull their share of the load! It'll be an extremely intense and close fight to the very end! You all better not let your guard down for Round 12!

Also, YUT has secured his place as a contender for the title of Top Flag Raiser with 8 flag captures out of 11 possible rounds. whakamole has a chance of forcing a tiebreaker for the title, only if he manages to capture a flag in Round 11 and 12, and if YUT doesn't capture a flag in Round 12.
Colonel anamainiacks

Next

Return to Completed 2011