Conquer Club

Premium membership and multiple accounts?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Premium membership and multiple accounts?

Postby firth4eva on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:05 pm

If someone has premium membership and makes multiple accounts, is their premium being revoked the only punishment? This hardly seems fair.
Captain firth4eva

Re: Premium membership and multiple accounts?

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:19 pm

firth4eva wrote:If someone has premium membership and makes multiple accounts, is their premium being revoked the only punishment? This hardly seems fair.

So what do you propose as punishment for cheaters who clearly violate the one account only rule?

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:57 pm

IcePack wrote:
firth4eva wrote:If someone has premium membership and makes multiple accounts, is their premium being revoked the only punishment? This hardly seems fair.

So what do you propose as punishment for cheaters who clearly violate the one account only rule?

IcePack

Good question..
Obviously, just to clarify, all cheating accounts not being the main account is being closed down and guested, including all he had paid for. Only 1 account is to remain, and that one has its premium stripped too...
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby KoE_Sirius on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:23 pm

How much revenue does this multi account rule generate ?
Considering this is the only site I know of that makes money from such a rule.
This is of great interest to me.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:52 pm

You guys seem to have misunderstood the intent of the original poster...particularly his use of the word "only". I would suggest he believes there should be MORE punishment, not less.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Woodruff wrote:You guys seem to have misunderstood the intent of the original poster...particularly his use of the word "only". I would suggest he believes there should be MORE punishment, not less.

To which someone else wrote to ask/tell of a more fitting punishment and I elaborated on the exact punishments that are in effect, so its not just a revoking of premium membership.. please read before you write.
Major SirSebstar

Postby KoE_Sirius on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:32 am

Woodruff wrote:You guys seem to have misunderstood the intent of the original poster...particularly his use of the word "only". I would suggest he believes there should be MORE punishment, not less.

I agree.We should have more punishment...Points reset,banned from the forums for a year,two ot ten.Membership stripped and banished from the site forever.
Taking the $20 is immoral and might even be illegal.Once this has happened any subscription money should be returned.
I repeat....How much revenue does the site generate from this rule.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby Darkended Blade on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 am

I would assume there is an aggreement when buying preemium accepting that if caught cheating the premium would be ended and the money not returned. T&Cs of subscription or something.

The revenue is more generated from people who want to play more than just 4 games at once and so buy premium, i doubt there are often cases of those that have more accounts as well as a premium for any reason other than points boosting etc.
Corporal Darkended Blade

Postby KoE_Sirius on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:10 am

Darkended Blade wrote:I would assume there is an aggreement when buying preemium accepting that if caught cheating the premium would be ended and the money not returned. T&Cs of subscription or something.

The revenue is more generated from people who want to play more than just 4 games at once and so buy premium, i doubt there are often cases of those that have more accounts as well as a premium for any reason other than points boosting etc.

Yeah assume what you will.Unreasonable terms are a way of life.If banks and Bill Gates can be held responsible for unreasonable terms.I'm 99% sure a small internet company can be too.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby KoE_Sirius on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:15 am

KoE_Sirius wrote:
Darkended Blade wrote:I would assume there is an aggreement when buying preemium accepting that if caught cheating the premium would be ended and the money not returned. T&Cs of subscription or something.

Yeah assume what you will.Unreasonable terms are a way of life.If banks and Bill Gates can be held responsible for unreasonable terms.I'm 99% sure a small internet company can be too.
HmGoverment wrote:A standard term is unfair 'if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it
causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising
under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer'– Regulation 5(1).
Unfair terms are not enforceable against the consumer.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:14 pm

KoE_Sirius what is your point?
I am assuming you find it unfair that someone who is caught cheating while being a premium is being striped of his premium?

I assume also that if you are given notice of a rule like "Cheaters and troublemakers detract from the gaming experience of all Conquer Club players, and proactive measures are employed to protect our membership. Conquer Club reserves the right to suspend accounts and cancel Premium Memberships, with or without warning, of those players who are deemed to have violated the rules." then you would find such a ruling highly unfair?

if so, then I disagree. It is even more fair because CC does give you the option to "appeal" the original decision, so if any mistakes are being made, at least someone else can look at it. But yea, only CC has to be flawless where even the law cannot pretend the same...
Major SirSebstar

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 pm

SirSebstar wrote:

To which someone else wrote to ask/tell of a more fitting punishment and I elaborated on the exact punishments that are in effect, so its not just a revoking of premium membership.. please read before you write.

f*ck you much?

Your statements did not in any way counter my point. Please read before you write.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby KoE_Sirius on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:22 am

SirSebstar wrote:KoE_Sirius what is your point?
I am assuming you find it unfair that someone who is caught cheating while being a premium is being striped of his premium?

I assume also that if you are given notice of a rule like "Cheaters and troublemakers detract from the gaming experience of all Conquer Club players, and proactive measures are employed to protect our membership. Conquer Club reserves the right to suspend accounts and cancel Premium Memberships, with or without warning, of those players who are deemed to have violated the rules." then you would find such a ruling highly unfair?

if so, then I disagree. It is even more fair because CC does give you the option to "appeal" the original decision, so if any mistakes are being made, at least someone else can look at it. But yea, only CC has to be flawless where even the law cannot pretend the same...

First of all.If someone makes an account and does not use it to further his conquerclub achievements.Is it really cheating.?To cheat would imply that they would be making a profit from ones actions.Just making a new account clearly in itself does not.
I think I made my point in the thread.I made it clear that cheats should be punished.
I am of the opinion that an internet gaming site should not break any laws.
Taking money under force pretence especially in this current climate is out and out wrong.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:51 pm

KoE_Sirius wrote:First of all.If someone makes an account and does not use it to further his conquerclub achievements.Is it really cheating.?

I can stop reading here, the answer is yes! If only because you can circumvent other site rules, like not posting if you are supposed to be banned, accountability ect ect..

KoE_Sirius wrote:To cheat would imply that they would be making a profit from ones actions.Just making a new account clearly in itself does not.
I think I made my point in the thread.I made it clear that cheats should be punished.
Taking money under force pretence especially in this current climate is out and out wrong.

what pretence? There is clearly stated that making more then one account is against the rules of this site. This is not just for cheating, but to cut this argument short. if the site states it is against the rules, for whatever reason, then you will just have to abide by them OR not join. You cannot in good faith say you did not know this or that rules do not apply to you.. I fail to see what you mean with current climate, but lees say for the sake of argument that anything done to harm the value and earning capacity of this company is sufficient reason for any company to ban you from their services, and fine you too, meaning any argument that they should not be allowed to do so is thereby rendered moot.
Major SirSebstar

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:21 pm

KoE_Sirius wrote:

First of all.If someone makes an account and does not use it to further his conquerclub achievements.Is it really cheating.?To cheat would imply that they would be making a profit from ones actions.

We can argue about whether it is cheating, but it is certainly breaking the rules which is all that matters.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby KoE_Sirius on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
KoE_Sirius wrote:First of all.If someone makes an account and does not use it to further his conquerclub achievements.Is it really cheating.?

I can stop reading here, the answer is yes! If only because you can circumvent other site rules, like not posting if you are supposed to be banned, accountability ect ect..

KoE_Sirius wrote:To cheat would imply that they would be making a profit from ones actions.Just making a new account clearly in itself does not.

what pretence? There is clearly stated that making more then one account is against the rules of this site. This is not just for cheating, but to cut this argument short. if the site states it is against the rules, for whatever reason, then you will just have to abide by them OR not join. You cannot in good faith say you did not know this or that rules do not apply to you.. I fail to see what you mean with current climate, but lees say for the sake of argument that anything done to harm the value and earning capacity of this company is sufficient reason for any company to ban you from their services, and fine you too, meaning any argument that they should not be allowed to do so is thereby rendered moot.

Not "pretence"!...Force Pretence.Meaning obtaining revenue dishonestly !..Current climate would be the world economic position.IE People are short of cash.
I have never broken the rule.I think its wrong to break site rules,but I think its equally as wrong to take money from people.When a service has been revoked.
Can I just add before I go that its easy to strip a paragraph and take all the negative aspects of it and be critical of those points.You don't seem to analyse the postive points I made.So I have outlined those points in red.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby KoE_Sirius on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
KoE_Sirius wrote:

First of all.If someone makes an account and does not use it to further his conquerclub achievements.Is it really cheating.?To cheat would imply that they would be making a profit from ones actions.

We can argue about whether it is cheating, but it is certainly breaking the rules which is all that matters.

--Andy

Nicely taken out of context Andy.
I have just come away from this thread with the feeling that the site owners think it is ok to cheat/break rules as long as you keep paying the $20.
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:03 pm

KoE_Sirius wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
KoE_Sirius wrote:

--Andy

Nicely taken out of context Andy.
I have just come away from this thread with the feeling that the site owners think it is ok to cheat/break rules as long as you keep paying the $20.

I'm sorry you seem to think things like that.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:10 pm

KoE_Sirius wrote:Nicely taken out of context Andy.

Just to get back on the last comment you make here. if you pay for an account, that means its more likely verified and you stick to 1 account. likely does not mean 100%, only god knows all, but more likely yes. So if you stick to one account, you should be fine. Is it unfair that you can "buy-back" in once you are caught cheating?? I think everybody deserves a second chance..
Are there rulebreakings that will lead to permanent banning?! yes there are, and some people are banned permanently..

So there are no guarantees that everything in life is fair, in fact you should read my quote about that in my profile.. life is inherently unfair, and i would not like it every other way. But there are a lot of people trying to do their best, and thats all i can offer you. I just hope its enough, and otherwise, sorry.
regards,
SirSebstar
Major SirSebstar

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:03 pm

SirSebstar wrote:

I think what KOE is getting at is this...the CAPABILITY to do something is not the ACT of doing something. I would say that having the CAPABILITY to do something against the rules is NOT cheating, but that the ACT of doing something against the rules is.

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:41 pm

This site ruled that having a second (or more) account is against the rules. That it is(could be) also cheating is irrelevant. When signing up you are specificly asked not to do this.
Major SirSebstar

Postby firth4eva on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Score resets for all multis!
Captain firth4eva

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:02 am

And then what? or do you mean in addition to the deletion of all the other accounts?
In a closed system where you can only gain points by taking them from another, this might cause some problems since you will get point (de)flation.
However your suggestion is acceptiable. Go make it and get some support for it in the suggestions forum, or try to read up on what that idea was shot down..
Major SirSebstar

Return to Conquer Club Discussion