Conquer Club

[Rules] Kick first turn dead beats

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Kick new recruits from game after missing the first turn

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:03 pm

JohnnyPlsk wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:Facebook, Msn and google have multiple millions of users, and plenty of advertisments and pay to play games connected to them that make Gates and Zuckerberg rich. Lack has this website that he makes money off of. that's it. Now, maybe you would like to make another suggestion thread that he sell an advertisement banner spot on the website and then lower the price of membership, but I don't think it's really worth it. it's a free game, you have no right to complain.

I'm not saying they should make it absolutely free for everyone, or even lower restrictions for free users, however the problem is that if it benefits free users only, it won't be implented.

You seem to be avoiding the questions I asked you. Why is that?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Johny, buddy, let me tell you a secret you don't seem to get. the fact that this game is free to play is for the premium members as well. Lack keeps us chum 4 gamers around to make the game more interesting for our friend woodruff to enjoy. This site is a business, and it caters to the people who pay. that's what a small business like this one is about.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:36 am

Mr_Adams wrote:Johny, buddy, let me tell you a secret you don't seem to get. the fact that this game is free to play is for the premium members as well. Lack keeps us chum 4 gamers around to make the game more interesting for our friend woodruff to enjoy. This site is a business, and it caters to the people who pay. that's what a small business like this one is about.

THERE'S NO FRIENDS IN CONQUER CLUB!

(err...or something)
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby greenoaks on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:30 am

Woodruff wrote:
Mr_Adams wrote:Johny, buddy, let me tell you a secret you don't seem to get. the fact that this game is free to play is for the premium members as well. Lack keeps us chum 4 gamers around to make the game more interesting for our friend woodruff to enjoy. This site is a business, and it caters to the people who pay. that's what a small business like this one is about.

THERE'S NO FRIENDS IN CONQUER CLUB!

(err...or something)

yet some of the posts i've seen suggest there are people here more than friends :-$
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby stahrgazer on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:47 am

greenoaks wrote:how about we kick them after they miss 3 that way we have given them a couple of chances

I like this suggestion, greenoaks; I disagree with the original poster's suggestion.

I detest deadbeats, and dislike those who miss turns. But not just free new members miss turns; sometimes experienced premium players miss turns, too.

I dislike that someone who misses a turn is rewarded with their troops anyway; but I like that CC is designed to understand, "life happens," and I like that CC is designed to let even new players - free or premium - understand that they get three chances to play the game they signed up to play before the system realizes they're probably not going to play the game.

Arguments that it's always the last player is rather silly, (No matter which player joins last, the starting player is random; the last player to join is unlikely to be the last player to play; in a 5-player game, there's only a 20% chance) even if it's not coincidence that a new recruit frequently joins "last" New members are unlikely to realize that they can go to Live Chat Callouts and try to get into a "real time" game, so are going to join those games they think are about to start - those with only one slot open.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 am

JohnnyPlsk, organise some private games. :)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby rathmaskalion on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:27 pm

To those people responding 'this only benefits free players' consider the fact that these are the people, I'd assume, that the game is trying to get to upgrade to premium membership. The main ways (I see) this could be done are:
Make it so you MUST have premium to play.
Make it so that you get enough benefits from gaining premium that it's worth it to people to upgrade.
Encourage loyalty in free players such that they want to give back to the game.

By effectively saying 'screw you' to the free players doesn't inspire many people to want to upgrade...

Now, back to the topic on hand, what if this rule, in some form, was active for everyone, not just new recruits. If you join a game and miss your first (or second turn) you are dropped from the game. Simple as that. By that time you have likely fallen behind, you are holding the game up already, and are affecting other peoples' game play.
Sergeant 1st Class rathmaskalion

Postby JBlombier on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:43 pm

rathmaskalion wrote: what if this rule, in some form, was active for everyone, not just new recruits. If you join a game and miss your first (or second turn) you are dropped from the game. Simple as that.

Thank you. You've stated exactly why I'm against this suggestion.
The most fair way to implement this suggestion is to let it have effect on all players. Surely New Recruits deadbeat more often, but we all started as one. If I would be kicked out of my first game on this site, only because I missed the first turn, I'm positive I'd never come back. Missing the first turn in a 5 player game won't leave you very far behind, by the way.

You seem to have ideas about how to get Premium upgrades, but unlike some people in this topic seem to think, this topic is not about Premium at all. If you got an idea, please feel free to post it elsewhere.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:43 pm

rathmaskalion wrote:Now, back to the topic on hand, what if this rule, in some form, was active for everyone, not just new recruits. If you join a game and miss your first (or second turn) you are dropped from the game. Simple as that. By that time you have likely fallen behind, you are holding the game up already, and are affecting other peoples' game play.

How is missing the first turn in a game different from missing the second? Why not kick them out after only missing one turn! [/sarcasm] Because in essence you are holding up the game play if you miss the second or third turn as well... OR any turn.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby rathmaskalion on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:48 pm

First, clarification on that, I didn't mean if you missed your second turn but your first two turns (my fault on that). I do think that the first turn is a bit strict, but if you miss your first two turns in a game, it seems fairly likely that you are not going to play in that game... Yes there are exceptions to this, but there are exceptions to pretty much everything.

As to why the first turns are different than the rest? I'd think that's pretty obvious... Although they don't decide the game, the first couple turns set the tone for the game, you get an idea of where people are planning on moving/deploying/attacking, etc...

Finally, in response to the previous post, I was merely stating reasons as to why the earlier 'this would only benefit free players' comments should not, in fact, be reasons to discount this idea. As such, I feel that my conversation was, to some degree, on topic.
Sergeant 1st Class rathmaskalion

Postby jeraado on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:52 am

I've missed the first turn in a multiplayer game and gone on to win. It happens.

This isn't about benefitting freemies vs premies, its about discriminating against new recruits. The original post specifically talks about newbies. Even if you change the suggestion, this site is designed to support different levels of commitment, from hard-core to casual. It doesnt make sense to alienate casual gamers (some of whom are already paying customers) just to make it easier for non-paying customers to remain non-paying.
Cadet jeraado

Postby dgmi on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:15 pm

By default CC emails encouraging reminders signalling when games begin and when it is your turn, and about medals, and I figure they can email a deadbeat for up to 3 days. I think it is perfectly fair even if it were just a business decision. The question is just whether the service freemiums, as would-be premiums, are offered with your suggestion is generally preferred or not as a feature of the site, which is partly measurable by checking if a significant few premiums missed their first turns or not.
Sergeant 1st Class dgmi

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:13 pm

This will not be happening. Rejected.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby KoE_Sirius on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 pm

JoshyBoy wrote:This will not be happening. Rejected.

Why not ?
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Deadbeat for missing first turn

Postby shasha16 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 am

[b]Concise description: If you miss your first turn you are eliminated.

[b]Specifics/Details: once you have played your first go normal three strikes and you are out applies

[b]How this will benefit the site and/or other comments
I have been a member of another site where you were kicked out for missing a go. I don't agree with this. Games can go on for some time and there will be genuine reasons for missing a turn. However if you sign up for a game you should be available to play the first turn. I have not had a game where someone misses the first turn then goes on to play subsequent turns. It is almost inevitable if someone misses the first turn you will be waiting the full 24 hours again for them to miss turns 2 and 3. This suggestion will limit this waiting time and allow the game to get underway.

Sadly this problem mainly occurs with new recruits. We were all there but it seems thatsign up and don't play then do. Any suggestions how we help newbies to take part once they sign up. Eliminating players earlier does not also get over problem of games being messed up. I am currently in a 4 player games. 2 newbies took the final spaces and have not played. Looks like it will be a 2 player game with lots of neutrals which is not much fun.
Sergeant shasha16

Re: Deadbeat for missing first turn

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:32 am

shasha16 wrote:[b]Concise description: If you miss your first turn you are eliminated.

[b]Specifics/Details: once you have played your first go normal three strikes and you are out applies

I have been a member of another site where you were kicked out for missing a go. I don't agree with this. Games can go on for some time and there will be genuine reasons for missing a turn. However if you sign up for a game you should be available to play the first turn. I have not had a game where someone misses the first turn then goes on to play subsequent turns. It is almost inevitable if someone misses the first turn you will be waiting the full 24 hours again for them to miss turns 2 and 3. This suggestion will limit this waiting time and allow the game to get underway.

Sadly this problem mainly occurs with new recruits. We were all there but it seems thatsign up and don't play then do. Any suggestions how we help newbies to take part once they sign up. Eliminating players earlier does not also get over problem of games being messed up. I am currently in a 4 player games. 2 newbies took the final spaces and have not played. Looks like it will be a 2 player game with lots of neutrals which is not much fun.

so your suggestions is 'a great way to encourage new starters to hang around is to boot them immediately from the game.'

a simpler solution is if you send rds $25 he will make sure deadbeats don't bother you again for a whole 12 months.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gillipig on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:43 am

greenoaks wrote:
shasha16 wrote:[b]Concise description: If you miss your first turn you are eliminated.

so your suggestions is 'a great way to encourage new starters to hang around is to boot them immediately from the game.'

a simpler solution is if you send rds $25 he will make sure deadbeats don't bother you again for a whole 12 months.

How? Will he take their turns?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:39 am

Send me the 25 bucks and I will take their turns for you. This is a one time only offer. The more 25 bucks I get, the more turns I will take. In fact, send me 50 bucks and I will even take your turns for you.

See, sarcasm is what this deserves.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby darth emperor on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:39 am

Gillipig wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

How? Will he take their turns?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He said, that it won't bother you, not that they won't miss any turn again.
In other words, he'll do hypnotism, so that you'll cluck like a hen instead of getting mad (aka bothering) when someone misses a turn.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby shasha16 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

so your suggestions is 'a great way to encourage new starters to hang around is to boot them immediately from the game.

If I thought that giving new recruits three chances to take part in a game would help I would not suggest it, but my experience is once the first turn is missed, then it is inevitable that they have forgotten about the game or site.

a simpler solution is if you send rds $25 he will make sure deadbeats don't bother you again for a whole 12 months.[/quote]

I don't see how whether I have Premium or not has anything to do with this.
Sergeant shasha16

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 pm

shasha16 wrote:I don't see how whether I have Premium or not has anything to do with this.

Because you only have 4 game slots and waiting for someone to take their turn is frustrating.

Premiums have unlimited games so dont give a shit and if they want an immediate fix they can play Speed.

Try it, it is worth the cost.
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: Auto kick first turn dead beats

Postby agentcom on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:33 pm

MERGED. You could have found this if you woulda looked at the stickied topic Subject: Index of Missed Turn Suggestions in the Archived Suggestions.
Brigadier agentcom

Re: Auto kick first turn dead beats

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:20 pm

agentcom wrote:MERGED. You could have found this if you woulda looked at the stickied topic Subject: Index of Missed Turn Suggestions in the Archived Suggestions.

he's too busy watching the turn clock
Sergeant greenoaks

Previous

Return to Suggestions