Conquer Club

Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League: Season 3 - Info, Q&A

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Rodion wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:if you have used a map only once can you use it twice in playoffS?
obviously not in the same week though

viewtopic.php?f=441&t=125953&start=285 - read 1st, 2nd and 3rd posts

Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Eyestone on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Given that a clan will only be making 45 home games and that there are over 150 maps available, plus considering some element of home advantage, no map can be chosen more than twice during the regular season and in addition, no repeats in your 9 home sets. Maps can be chosen for a 3rd time in the playoffs, but then not again.

To make it a little easier I'm quoting the rules in post 1. I wasn't aware of this. So I guess we need to think of a better plan for the final. Damn... :-k #-o
General Eyestone

Postby Lubawski on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Eyestone wrote:
Given that a clan will only be making 45 home games and that there are over 150 maps available, plus considering some element of home advantage, no map can be chosen more than twice during the regular season and in addition, no repeats in your 9 home sets. Maps can be chosen for a 3rd time in the playoffs, but then not again.

To make it a little easier I'm quoting the rules in post 1. I wasn't aware of this. So I guess we need to think of a better plan for the final. Damn... :-k #-o

Don't worry, we'll save you the trouble. :D
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Lubawski on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:43 pm

jpcloet wrote:A new set of privileges has been setup and links to the main thread for the playoffs. Games are due by the 29th but it appears that most are ready. The extra random should be created by the 2nd place teams.

EMPIRE and AOC are underway today. Games have been exchanged (well, the maps a few days ago, games today) and are all being joined and started today.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby VampireM on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:31 pm

home maps are being joined in the myth and IA series.. should be exchanged later tonight
Colonel VampireM

Postby angola on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Is there going to be a thread or a post made with all of the games for the playoff matchups?

You guys did a great job during the regular season, so it would be fun to be able to follow along with the playoff games as well.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby sonicsteve on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:33 am

angola wrote:Is there going to be a thread or a post made with all of the games for the playoff matchups?

You guys did a great job during the regular season, so it would be fun to be able to follow along with the playoff games as well.

I echo this. It would be great to have a thread as well maintained as the earlier one. =D>
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby Lubawski on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:08 pm

angola wrote:Is there going to be a thread or a post made with all of the games for the playoff matchups?

I'd rather not see that. I don't like how things are starting.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Georgerx7di on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:03 am

If you don't use a map during the regular season, can you use it more than once in the playoffs?
Major Georgerx7di

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:04 am

Georgerx7di wrote:If you don't use a map during the regular season, can you use it more than once in the playoffs?

yes as long as it doesnt fall twice in the same week i think..or what ever the other rules are etc ;)
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby josko.ri on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:14 am

lord voldemort wrote:
Georgerx7di wrote:If you don't use a map during the regular season, can you use it more than once in the playoffs?

yes as long as it doesnt fall twice in the same week i think..or what ever the other rules are etc ;)

you can use any map maximum 3 times per regular season+ playoff. if you didnt use it in regular season at all, then you can use it once in every stage of playoff (quarters, semis, finals).
Major josko.ri

Postby Georgerx7di on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:40 pm

josko.ri wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:

you can use any map maximum 3 times per regular season+ playoff. if you didnt use it in regular season at all, then you can use it once in every stage of playoff (quarters, semis, finals).

Thank you : )
Major Georgerx7di

Postby jpcloet on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:12 am

jpcloet wrote:
Incandenza wrote:You know, I obviously don't have a dog in this hunt, but it seems like once again flawed numbers have prevailed over common sense, something that has become endemic to the Reign of the CDs. The fact that LoW, the Monkis, TOFU, and Kort aren't each in their own division, but are instead clustered in two divisions, is, as the kids are calling it these days, a travishamockery. If nothing else, Division A is a total farce, given that it contains both division winners (plus both clans are in the midst of CC semifinals), along with the criminally, perpetually under-ranked Legion, who could win the whole league and still be ranked #12 on the ladder by all indications. And I like the Bandits as much as the next guy, but valuing their league result over their lack of pretty much any other significant result (not to mention their current pasting at the hands of G1) just strikes me as misguided.

Good luck, everyone. Clearly you're in good hands here.

The 4 Season2 finalists are all in their own divisions, TOFU won a Division2 grouping, so they technically have not proven themselves as a league clan, although we all know what they did outside of the league. Plus if you look at the playoff structure, both teams in a Division can still make it to the Finals this year.

After all that talk of Division A being really really strong, neither clan made the semis as only Div C and Div D clans made the semis.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby lokisgal on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:56 pm

when will the next round start JP?
Lieutenant lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jpcloet on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Given KORT has almost wrapped up theirs, clans should aim for the 26th to get going.

Postby firstholliday on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 am

gl ia
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
General firstholliday

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:22 am

JP are we good to get this final going?
We have been ready for a while and Loki had I believe pm'd you a while back.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby jpcloet on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:56 am

I have not done the map check she requested. Do plan on starting June 25th though if that helps.

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:15 am

Map check? Is that to identify maps that each clan has used up? I am sure we can check that ourselves and get started sooner than the 25th.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby jpcloet on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:30 am

IA asked for a short vacation, and yes you should be checking your own maps, they just wanted confirmation.

Postby Namor on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:46 am

jpcloet wrote:IA asked for a short vacation, and yes you should be checking your own maps, they just wanted confirmation.

Ah right, let's wait until they all get back, then we can book OUR holidays.
Colonel Namor

Postby jpcloet on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:51 am

We are talking essentially 1 week to put the games together. GL to both clans in the finals.

Postby Slaylark on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:29 am

Gl to all members of IA.. Hope the dice are fai too all and that we can have a beer or 2 while having fun :)
Corporal Slaylark

Postby FarangDemon on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:29 am

Slaylark wrote:Gl to all members of IA.. Hope the dice are fai too all and that we can have a beer or 2 while having fun :)

Good luck to you, Slaylark, and to all Agents of Chaos. Feel free to drink as much beer, wine or spirits as you like this 4th of July weekend. But watch out for friendly fire if you're all inebriated.
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby cutebastard71 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Close thread :)
Lieutenant cutebastard71

Previous

Return to Complete Challenges