Conquer Club

SPAMFEST '11

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

SPAMFEST '11

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Rather than complaining about the problem, like a lot of people, I figured it would be best to embrace it. Never again shall CC experience such an awesome spamfest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Please share your opinions, emotions and arguments about the wonderful event. Unless you are Oprah. Then just bite my arse.

"Spamming to protest spam: NOT funny"
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: SPAMFEST '11

Postby ZionT on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:02 pm

I don't think I've ever been this upset by an abuse of spam before. This is the worst kind of thing that could have happened as a result of HA's tournament being sent to so many people.

I had a couple of messages that are now gone forever, deleted because of these spam messages. It will now be difficult for me to facilitate my clan work and play strategically in tournaments based on messages I've received from participants that are now gone.

Worse, I will potentially lose more important messages in the future because at any time someone can start a holy spam war and others will begin sending responses saying "stop it, I hate spam." Not to mention you, as the spammer, seriously abuse a list you didn't create.

Spam Is Not Cool.

Spammers should be punished.
Major ZionT

Postby 40kguy on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:17 pm

is this a new record of complaints? I mean everyone does have the right to be pist im just curious if it is.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Not exactly, I started this in a different vein than the other spamboard. Just wanted to address the ENTIRE spamfest, where the other post is focused on the hypocritical spammers.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby neanderpaul14 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:52 pm

Dammit all, I thought this was gonna be a post about one of those Spam carving competitions.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby jpcloet on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:58 pm

ZionT wrote:I had a couple of messages that are now gone forever, deleted because of these spam messages. It will now be difficult for me to facilitate my clan work and play strategically in tournaments based on messages I've received from participants that are now gone.

You can mitigate this with folders. However, spam is still spam.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Fircoal on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:06 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Rather than complaining about the problem, like a lot of people, I figured it would be best to embrace it. Never again shall CC experience such an awesome spamfest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Please share your opinions, emotions and arguments about the wonderful event. Unless you are Oprah. Then just bite my arse.

You should have been here back in 07.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby HighlanderAttack on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:50 pm

ZionT wrote:I don't think I've ever been this upset by an abuse of spam before. This is the worst kind of thing that could have happened as a result of HA's tournament being sent to so many people.

I had a couple of messages that are now gone forever, deleted because of these spam messages. It will now be difficult for me to facilitate my clan work and play strategically in tournaments based on messages I've received from participants that are now gone.

Worse, I will potentially lose more important messages in the future because at any time someone can start a holy spam war and others will begin sending responses saying "stop it, I hate spam." Not to mention you, as the spammer, seriously abuse a list you didn't create.

Spam Is Not Cool.

Spammers should be punished.

Just keep in mind that it may be from a copy and paste of my entry list. The same thing can be done with mass pm. Also--go to your folder options which does not help you know and set two more folders up. With over flow--the pms get sent to these other folders--that would give you 225. I do this because my pm box does fill withing a day or two very often.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Return to Conquer Club Discussion