Conquer Club

[GL] Game Log notification for Assasin games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

These will decrease mistakes in assasin games when you play with inexperience players.

YES
77%
NO
23%

Total votes : 78

Re: Game Log notification for Assasin games [POLL] [JoshyBo

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:23 pm

"Game Log notification for Assasin games [POLL] [JoshyBoy]"

Hmm,i just notice that you put your name in topic tittle. its these will bring more voters, or something else?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:24 pm

qwert wrote:Thanks-i think that all mine sugestions are helpfull and easy to implements, now its left that Double trouble spoils be stickied :)

Double trouble spoils seems like a bad idea to me.

qwert wrote:"Game Log notification for Assasin games [POLL] [JoshyBoy]"

Hmm,i just notice that you put your name in topic tittle. its these will bring more voters, or something else?

No, it's just to signal that I'm responsible for looking after this topic etc.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Hahahaha

2010-11-27 21:44:52-notification: yours target are green, killing other opponet will cause imediatly defeat and end of game

qwert, are you Skwisgaar Skwigelf?

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:46 pm

whats wrong with that?

second-who its Skwisgaar Skwigelf?

we going oftopic now?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ender516 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm afraid he is mocking your English skills, which I think is very bad manners.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Yes, bad AoG. Now, please keep on topic. I would like to hear an argument against this idea other than "if they screw up it's their problem, not mine".
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Qwert on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:14 pm

well i have 11 no- withouth any explanation. Its will be good to get at least one negative oppinion who are meaning are "if they screw up it's their problem, not mine", but they can be also victim of their mistakes, and we know what then hepend " stupid noob, you are kill wrong target, you are foe". If these sugestion,reduce 20% of mistakes, then you will get more valid games, and maybe you will get increase of assasin games also.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby MrBenn on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:37 pm

This is a good idea - I voted YES
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Joodoo on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:36 am

ender516 wrote:I voted yes, but would like to point out that this would likely be better (or at least, more easily) done with a chat-to-self message, rather than an entry in the game log, because fog or no, I don't think everyone is supposed to know who everyone's target is.

Agreed.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby Qwert on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:17 am

"ender516 wrote:
I voted yes, but would like to point out that this would likely be better (or at least, more easily) done with a chat-to-self message, rather than an entry in the game log, because fog or no, I don't think everyone is supposed to know who everyone's target is."
But problem with new recruits,or new players,can be that they some time not look down in game chat.that why game log its better place for these notification,because they get full atention, and how can someone other know what its your target,because only you can see your target name(or colour) and all other in game log only see question mark instead name-im all ready explane these in first page,first post.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ender516 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Okay, I guess I did not read the first post carefully enough. But realistically, based on what I know of how the game log is stored, there would have to be one notification in the log for each player, and each player would see all but their own one with a question mark for the target. Non-players viewing the game should see question marks on all. Once the game ends, the question marks would be removed just as in fog of war.

Postby Qwert on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:31 pm

yes,these is what im proposed- nobody,except player who play hes turn,can see what its target- very simple sugestion, ofcourse i dont know its these possibile to implement, you know better.
And these notification,only apear in first round for each player, not in all rounds. And when game its over, these question marks will be change ,exactly like you say.
I think that we solve these part of sugestion, and i hope that you understand what im propose here.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:08 pm

well its ready for submited.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Alright, I will be submitting this.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Game Log notification for Assasin games [Submitted]

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:03 am

great -when will these be implemented?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ender516 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 am

Sadly, once the suggestions are submitted, it is up to lackattack when things get done, and he is very tight-lipped. (Actually, turtles don't have lips, do they?)

Postby gradybridges on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:40 am

I voted no. I don't see the point. If new players don't read chat then this won't help.

And if I feel the need kill someone else other than my target I will. what if I want a bonus or a cheap card. Am I not allowed to take it? What about breaking another players bonus? I don't need useless reminders.

And besides. I was in an assasins game with qwert and he NEVER attacked his target in 7 rounds. His 2 attacks were 1 green and the rest blue. In chat he said blue wasn't his target and I had green. Game 8061213 His FIRST attack was my target.

qwert did it because blue had him and he wanted to defend himself from being eliminated.

If it's that big a problem just post in chat yorself that this is an assasins game. If a new/low rank joins up, remind them. If they don't know, explain it to them.

Seems like a giant waste of time and effort. Not like there will be a penalty for breaking it.
Lieutenant gradybridges

Postby Qwert on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:12 am

hmm,you dont read good-its will write in game log-not game chat,and second its will write "killing" not "attacking".
These is not waste of time- i belive that these implementation will have impact on reducing these games where new players made mistakes.
From what you say,its are good strategy to killing wrong target to take bonus,or to take card? But after that game will be imediatly lost? i dont understand,these strategy.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby gradybridges on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 am

And someone who doesn't know what an assasins game is still what know what the notification means and players who do won't care. And just because you attack/kill the wrong player doesn't mean an immediate loss anyway. Unless you are playing Lux or Doodle.

You wanted the opposite view, there is mine.

You can't weed out stupid play.
Lieutenant gradybridges

Postby ender516 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:10 pm

gradybridges wrote:And someone who doesn't know what an assasins game is still what know what the notification means and players who do won't care. And just because you attack/kill the wrong player doesn't mean an immediate loss anyway. Unless you are playing Lux or Doodle.

You wanted the opposite view, there is mine.

You can't weed out stupid play.

When qwert refers to killing another player, he means eliminating him from the game, not merely assaulting or conquering one region. For those who have never looked at an Assassin game, here is a quote from the Instructions:

In an assassin game each player is assigned a secret target, designated in-game with crosshairs Assassin Target next to the username. You win the game if your target is killed - whether it be by you or another player! When a player is auto-kicked in an assassin game, the game continues and whomever had the deadbeat now has to kill the deadbeat's target.

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:26 am

yes-for me killing means eliminating- but when you use word attack,these not mean elimination.
Mine attempt its to help new players to realised what its asasing game, and like all new players,they dont look carefull on instruction box,so if i help that these been reduce 10%,then these will be great.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:26 pm

gradybridges wrote:I voted no. I don't see the point. If new players don't read chat then this won't help.

True enough. For the 90% that don't read chat, it will make no difference. Why should that stop us from improving things for the 10% that do?

Following your logic, there should be no Strategy Guides, since 95% of people are too lazy to go to the forum and read them.

And if I feel the need kill someone else other than my target I will. what if I want a bonus or a cheap card. Am I not allowed to take it? What about breaking another players bonus?

If you kill someone other than your target, the game is over, and your cards and bonuses are now irrelevant. An assassin game ends as soon as anyone's target is killed.

I don't need useless reminders.

Good for you! It must be nice to be infallible, but not all of us are. For instance, I'm an addlepated old man who sometimes nukes himself because he forgets he's in a nuclear game. For me, it would be nice if cashing in a nuclear set was preceded by a warning klaxon. But that's beyond the scope of this suggestion.

If it's that big a problem just post in chat yorself that this is an assasins game. If a new/low rank joins up, remind them. If they don't know, explain it to them.

And why is it better for someone to have to manually do all that extra typing than for the system to just do it automatically?

Not like there will be a penalty for breaking it.

Why should there be a penalty? It's not a new rule; nothing changes, except that a one-line warning message is posted in chat.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:22 am

well mine sugestion its related that message show in game log, for all players ,when they start playing, and these message show only in first round, no repeat again.
Player 1 start hes turn,message appear with notification, then player 2 start play ,also message appear, and these show for all players who play in these game, but these notification its only appear in round 1.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:24 pm

any news?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Game Log notification for Assasin games

Postby Qwert on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 am

damn,almost forget to announce 1 year of anniversarie for these sugestion