Conquer Club

[CC2] 2nd Annual Conqueror's Cup!!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 2nd Annual Conqueror's Cup!!

Postby jackin_u_up on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:57 pm

Eyestone wrote:
ljex wrote:
Emmdizzle wrote:A Fistful of Sixes is in

Primary Contact jackin-u-up
Secondary contact Emmdizzle

jackin-u-up does not exist

This is all too easy. Can't you see he's just jackin' u up? 8-)

That's Mr. jackin_u_up to you guys.
Sergeant 1st Class jackin_u_up

Postby Chariot of Fire on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Chariot of Fire wrote:Question.....

You have stipulated that games sent must already have been created. This makes it very easy via Game Finder to check what games your opponents have created. The only way to avoid this (and retain that rule) is to create one's games at the very last minute, which unfortunately will only serve to encourage unnecessary delays.

If you wish to adhere to this rule of games having to be created then the deadline should stipulate what time you are working to (e.g. midnight EST, GMT, etc) and not simply a date.

The alternative is to abolish this rule and replace it with a system whereby each clan PMs the game details to the TO who, upon receipt of a PM from each clan, instructs the two parties to create the games in accordance with the details submitted.

Cheers, and looking forward to a much fairer tournament this time round where a clan can't advance on a technicality

bump. Chuuuuck????
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby MTIceman41 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:55 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:

You have stipulated that games sent must already have been created. This makes it very easy via Game Finder to check what games your opponents have created. The only way to avoid this (and retain that rule) is to create one's games at the very last minute, which unfortunately will only serve to encourage unnecessary delays.

If you wish to adhere to this rule of games having to be created then the deadline should stipulate what time you are working to (e.g. midnight EST, GMT, etc) and not simply a date.

The alternative is to abolish this rule and replace it with a system whereby each clan PMs the game details to the TO who, upon receipt of a PM from each clan, instructs the two parties to create the games in accordance with the details submitted.

Cheers, and looking forward to a much fairer tournament this time round where a clan can't advance on a technicality

bump. Chuuuuck????

This would go nicely in 2011 priorities thread as well...I do agree this can lead to unnecessary delays/gamesmanship
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby benga on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:48 am

Is there any date till when are sign ups open?

By march the 1st OSA will be 3 months old
with at least 2 CWs behind them.
Sergeant benga

Postby Dako on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:38 am

I think it will be on for 1 more week.
Colonel Dako

Postby benga on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:50 am

Dako wrote:I think it will be on for 1 more week.

benga wrote:Is there any date till when are sign ups open?

By march the 1st OSA will be 3 months old
with at least 2 CWs behind them.

Is there any way we can participate?
The next one starts probably a year away.
Sergeant benga

Postby Dako on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:23 am

Negotiate it with Chuuuuck. I am sure he can go towards you.
Colonel Dako

Postby sdh on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:38 am

Risk Attackers are in

Primary: sdh
Secondary: VioIet

We have only completed 1 challange but our 2nd will be over soon.
Colonel sdh

Postby greenoaks on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:52 am

Chuuuuck told me every game of 2 challenges must be completed or no entry. no exceptions for new clans will be made.

:(
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby sdh on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:47 am

greenoaks wrote:Chuuuuck told me every game of 2 challenges must be completed or no entry. no exceptions for new clans will be made.

:(

That sucks, ignore my other post then.
Colonel sdh

Postby amazzony on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:56 am

Skimmed it all through, didn't notice how long the sign ups are open. So, how much time we have to discuss and decide our participation?
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Lubawski on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:26 am

amazzony wrote:Skimmed it all through, didn't notice how long the sign ups are open. So, how much time we have to discuss and decide our participation?

There are always slots open. G1 certainly qualifies, and there is no limit to the number of clans this can hold.

I don't know about the deadline to sign-up. I couldn't find that either. First round (play-ins) starts March 13 though, so I'm guessing sign-ups are probably taken for about 2-3 weeks. Chuck will have to give the actual answer--this is just my speculation.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby josko.ri on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:

bump. Chuuuuck????

all that rules about deadline for exchanging games are without purpose if some clan is constantly lating to deadlines, etc stalling sending home games from batch 2 and batch 3 in last CCup semis, or still dont make playoff games in CLA League no matter that deadline was 29th of January (all done by TOFU clan). it should have been some punishment for exceeding deadlines, some players plan their games/free slots according to deadline so then stalling the deadline by 1 month, like it was in last batch of CCup semis, changes a lot of plans of other clan. so, it should be defined deadline, but also exceeding the deadline have to be punished on some way. for what purpose is deadline of exchanging games if some clan constantly exceeds it?
Major josko.ri

Postby Dako on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:27 am

josko in the thread!
Colonel Dako

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:30 am

piss off josko you irritating clown. what possible detriment was there to you or your clan for any delay in the C.Cup semis? In case you weren't paying attention the TO was not around for a very lengthy period of time and despite our repeated requests to set a timeframe with you guys the only response received came from Incandenza. Check the thread again. As for CLA, game details with tsm have already been exchanged. the delay was in part due to game creation rights not being given, so in future you should keep your mouth shut about matters which neither concern you nor have you any knowledge about.

All your post has served to do is cause mischief and does nothing to help solve what is a potential problem.
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby jpeter15 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:48 am

Ah Josko. You are really just making yourself and your clan look more petty with every post.

By the way, does Josko and kORT make anyone else think of this...
Colonel jpeter15

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 am

I am snowed in today with very limited internet access. I will take a look at your suggestions a little later Simon (I am not ignoring you), thank you for the input. I will put a post up in CLA for discussion about new clans and set a firm date you need to have your wars completed by to participate this year.

Please remember the intent is to make sure we get clans that will participate as long as they are in this event. Many clans over the years have come and gone because it is not always easy for the new ones to survive.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby josko.ri on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:09 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:All your post has served to do is cause mischief and does nothing to help solve what is a potential problem.

It is not weird that my post makes you nervous as truth is painfull, you can check the thread if you need confirmation. detritment to me personally was that I planned to start/play not lot of games at that time, so then can play clan games with more attention, and one month later things (game load) has been changed a lot. detritment was also that you sent batch 2 games 6 days after Dako wrote in topic thread: "we will be ready in 1-2 days". so you got undeserved advantage with knowing our home games much longer than we had known your home games in batch 2.

my post is to solve potential problem of exceeding deadlines. point is that deadline should be defined and clan who is lating need to be punished on some way, as they get undeserved and unfair advantage with that. if some objective circumstances are reasons for exceeding deadline, then TO and other clan should be informed about that and agreed, otherwise it should be consequences for exceeding deadlines.
Major josko.ri

Postby Dako on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:12 am

Have you seen this in the rules? I think it covers pretty much about being late on games.

Once home games are sent, each clan has 5 full days to fill the games. If your opponent is late on either sending home games or joining games please notify me immediately. There will be some leniency on running late, I will work out a date with the clans involved and set a date that games must be sent/joined by. If a clan is still late in sending home games or joining games they will forfeit 1 game per day late.
Colonel Dako

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:19 am

josko, I am happy to solve the deadline issue. I think I there are already some good mechanisms in place to deal with it and I am willing to discuss with everyone who is going to participate in the event ways they think it can be improved to make it more effective.

On top of that, I choose to stay out of your arguments, but it seems repeatedly that where you post, problems follow. Your post here was the first one to take a stab at anyone else. Everyone else brought up issues they would like to discuss without bringing up any past issues, your post instead takes a stab at other clans/people and points blame, please refrain from doing this and starting another argument in another thread. I don't care who is in the right or who is in the wrong in the things that happened in the past and I don't care to clarify them any further here. All I want is good discussion on ways to make the next cup better without bringing up the past or pointing fingers.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chariot of Fire on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 am

Thank you :D
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Lubawski on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:01 am

Chuuuuck wrote:I am snowed in today

Snow in Oklahoma? Shit. Is everyone alright? Are people allowed to go outside, or do they have the fog horns going directing people to safe locations? :D

On a related note, I have ANOTHER snow day today (7th of the school year), and likely one tomorrow as our snow total for the season is looking to get to 70 inches. This is the most snow I have ever seen. Before the near 20 inches we expect over these two days I can not see the street when backing out of my driveway. There is no where left to put the snow.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 am

We have 12 inches on the ground which is the most Oklahoma has had in 5-10 years. We don't have more than a few road crews, not near enough to clear the road.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby josko.ri on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:32 am

If a clan is still late in sending home games or joining games they will forfeit 1 game per day late.

my bad, I missed this in previous reading of rules, as I expected that rules about lating in sending home games will be placed in "schedule" section. it is great solution and it solves my issues with deadlines, thanks. my apologize for missing to read this before.

Chuuuuck wrote:Everyone else brought up issues they would like to discuss without bringing up any past issues, your post instead takes a stab at other clans/people and points blame, please refrain from doing this and starting another argument in another thread.

if noone else brought up past issues here then I dont know what is this?
Chariot of Fire wrote:Cheers, and looking forward to a much fairer tournament this time round where a clan can't advance on a technicality

if only me takes a stab on other people then I dont know what is this?
Chariot of Fire wrote:piss off josko you irritating clown.

Chuuuuck wrote:it seems repeatedly that where you post, problems follow.

it seems like here everyone is allowed to insult me without being warned, and then I am the one who cause that "problems follow". it is not the first time to see the same situation.
I am trying to give documented arguments when want to prove something, and the truth is often not easy to hear, so that cause problems from some loud persons who are mentioned in my arguments. if they can say arguments against mine then it wouldnt be problems there, but often they obviously cannot, so then problems appear.

I see you do not want to have any problems in your competition, and you consider my posting like problematic, so I will respect what you asked me, and refrain from comments in this thread from this moment. I hope that will make this competition without any problems. thanks and I wish to all clans involved to enjoy in games ;)
Last edited by josko.ri on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major josko.ri

Postby Chuuuuck on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 am

Well, I do wish we did not need to document all of the other arguments because that can only stir up more responses. I understand what everyone has posted and I know there have been other things said, but I just wish them all to come to a stop here. I appreciate your last statement of respected that and regardless of problems in the past, I think we can discuss solutions for those problems not occurring in the future without bringing up the actual argument of the past.
Captain Chuuuuck

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges